Just A Shadow (RWBY male read...

By MichaelStotts2

well fuck here we are, first attempt at writing in fuck knows how long. ehm this story is gonna be a bit...di... More

Chapter 1: The Dark
Chapter 2: Unexpected
Chapter 3: Here to Stay
Chapter 4: A Dance in the Dustshop
Chapter 5: The Wizard of Oz
Chapter 6: Meeting The Family
Chapter 7: Beacon Academy
Chapter 8: Beacon Academy pt 2
chapter 9: Initiation
Chapter 10: The Emerald Forest
Chapter 11: A Challenger Approaches
Chapter 12: Ugly Scars
Chapter 13: Can Still Heal
Chapter 14: Musical Morning
wtf?
Chapter 15: We Are Atlas Now
News on Chapter 16
Halftime
Chapter 16: Get Up
sorry
Chapter 17: Grace in the Grey
Chapter 18: Its Okay to be Afraid
hello again!
The Break: Goodbye, To A World
V2 Ch1: Round Two
V2 Ch2: Introductions
back on track!
V2: Ch3: In The Rear With The Gear
Important! Please vote!
V2 Ch4: Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk
Y/n's shadows/Umbrakinesis
V2 Ch5: The Rain
teeny tiny vote
little piece o news
V2 Ch6: Burden of the Blade
(small) V2 Ch7: Pre-Party
(small) V2 Ch8: Tapping the Brakes
V2 Ch8: "Dance Dance...Somethin"
V2 Ch9: Mission Morning
very important schedule update.
V2 Ch10: "Reconnaissance"
The Interim
quick question!
V3 Ch1: Fever Dream
V3 Ch2: Ashes and Blood
Lets Do This
V3 Ch3: Omens
V3 Finale: Vanished
heheh
Guess whos fucking back
is anyone still there..?
VOLUME 4 CH 1: Deathless
V4 Ch2: A Colder Place
V4 Ch3: Buried In The Ashes

V2 Finale: "Enemy At The Gates"

1.3K 35 82
By MichaelStotts2

(Here we are. Time to finally bring volume 2 to an end. Let's make it a good one why don't we? I have big plans for volume 3, and am definitely excited to move on to it. In the meantime though, I'd love feedback from you all! What was your opinion of volume 2? Is there any way you think i could do better? No matter what you have to say, I hope you enjoy.)

(I read every comment people make, and love to interact with all of you. Anyways, that's enough out of me! Hope you enjoy!)

(The fact that this story has 70k reads now is just insane. Especially considering how slow I am. Like...holy shit...)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mountain Glenn, Midnight

3rd Person POV

Silence sat like a blanket in team RWBYs campsite within one of the decrepit buildings of Mountain Glenn. The fire had finally faded several hours ago, naught but embers now resting on its ashen grey remains. Nothing stirred amongst the sleeping forms of Yang, Weiss and Blake, who had lumbered to sleep after their talk with Y/n, and later joined by Ruby after she handed off her watch to Y/n, taking up residence in his sleeping bag.

Y/n himself however, was high above his sleeping teammates , far enough to expose his bond to Ruby as he sat perched on the buildings broken rooftop three floors above his team. In truth he had not slept at all before Ruby swapped with him, as he found himself unable tonight.

His head swung round from the previous target of his gaze towards the distant bellowing of what he could only believe was a Grimm. The sound was clearly miles away, and considering the direction it came from, he figured it must be the Goliaths he had seen earlier.

Performing a quick scan of the area around the campsite, he found nothing out of place, and returned his gaze to the small chunk of wood in his hand. As of right now, it was just that. A small peg of wood he had found during the expeditions of the day, and decided to pick up. In his other hand, he methodically twirled a large bayonet knife, as he tried to force his mind into coaxing a shape out of the peg.

Once more however he was distracted, this time by a distant rumbling. The shifting of heavy stone. He ignored it of course. This city was old, and crumbling. This was not the first time tonight he had heard a part of a building collapse. As long as their own shelter held up, they would be fine.

With a disappointed sigh, he returned the peg to his pocket, and stood up to stare out over the city. Flipping and spinning his knife in his hand, he scanned the darkness of the surrounding area yet again, only able to see because of how bright Remnants moon shines every night. He was meant to hand his watch over to Weiss hours ago, but it was still the same old song and dance.

'Nothing, nothing, and what's that...? More nothing...if God is real, im going to punch him in the dick for creating insomnia.'

Its very likely he would have cursed the universe with his thoughts for ages, however, he suddenly felt himself struck by an invisible force. Hard. Hard enough that, dazed, he was sent stumbling backwards and fell directly through the hole in the roof. And then the one in the third floor. And then, he hit the second floor so hard, that he smashed right through the crumbling aged ground.

Landing in the center of his teams camp, most of team RWBY was woken by his fall as he stirred in the remains of the fire pit. Looking up at his three present teammates, he didnt even get a word out before his head jerked violently from another invisible blow. He held his jaw for a moment before looking up again, met with the increasingly alarmed state of his teammates and professor, who had leapt from the 1st floor rafter where he was sleeping. Glancing around, he instantly noticed what was wrong.

Yangs POV

Listen, I've easily gathered a rep amongst my teammates for breaking stuff, getting angry and going to town and such. But the look on Y/n's face when he noticed Ruby was gone, and definitely realized that if he was getting invisibly kicked around, she must be in trouble. I don't think I ever have, or ever will see another look of rage as powerful and genuine as this.

His silver irises were practically on fire, and the way he was baring his teeth looked almost primal. Without me even seeing him move, he was already on his feet, and walking towards the south wall of the building, directly towards his link with Ruby.

Yang: "Listen, Y/n, let's calm down for a second okay? Let's get out there together and find her alri-"

He either didn't hear me, or wasn't having it, but either way the result of his rage was terrifying. With a heavy swing, he completely demolished the wall he was walking towards, luckily the building didn't fall on us. He didn't even bat an eye at the destruction as he evolved from a brisk walk to a near sprint the moment he saw Zwei running towards the camp.

From there he followed Zwei, and seeing no other option, we followed him. I have never seen Y/n this angry before, it was even worse than his outburst at Weiss when they first met. It wasn't long before Zwei led us to a massive hole in the middle of one of the streets, with Crescent Rose lying by the edge without its owner. Without a word, Y/n grabbed Crescent Rose, created a strap for it, slung it over his back, and jumped into the hole.

I was obviously worried for Ruby, but now that Y/n was hot on her trail, there wasn't a question of who was in trouble.

'Give em hell bro...'

Mountain Glenn, Underground Railway

3rd Person POV

The derelict railway resting beneath Mountain Glenn was suspiciously filled with life, as members of the White Fang were seen performing tasks anywhere from standing guard, barking orders or loading weapons and dust onto the cars of the only functioning train still found within the ruined tunnels. The subterranean air was thick, damp and stale from the lack of ventilation, and the rusted metal structures that coated the area creaked with age and wear at any shift of weight too sudden.

In the middle of all of this, Roman Torchwick could be found, looking over charts and plans within one of the train cars. The information spoke good for their progress, but the crime boss's face held a near permanent grimace, as he rolled his right shoulder in an attempt to alleviate the soreness and pain. The wound was healing, but it was a slow and painful process.

???: "Roman! We found somethin!"

Rolling his eyes, Roman shouted back, not even looking up from the plans laid before him.

Roman: "This better be good Perry! I have had a very stressful day!"

After a moment of stale silence, 'Perry' responded.

Perry: "Uh, it's a little girl?"

Jerking around in alarm, Roman leaned out the door of the train car, landing eyes on Perry and another White Fang grunt carrying an unconcious, but slowly waking Ruby Rose by the arms. With an exasperated sigh, Roman spoke as the young girl was thrown onto the floor in front of him.

Roman: "That would be bad..."

Putting on his normal arrogant peraona, Roman spoke to the now fully awake and very alarmed Ruby.

"Well! You are way more manageable without that oversized gardening tool of yours. Not to mention your annoying little freak friend. I still owe him for my shoulder..."

Not giving him a word, merely an angry growl, Ruby attempted to charge him, only to be sidestepped and fall to the floor once more.

"Oh man, yknow, Perry, I really needed thi-"

Roman couldnt finish his sentence however, considering how violently distracted he was when the wall Perry was standing by, practically imploded. Coughing and waving the dust out of his face there was no trace of Perry, and in the newly formed hole stood Y/n, absolutely seething with rage, and wielding a sheathed sword that did NOT look friendly.

There was literally nothing on him that could explain the damage that just took place, and thats part of what made Roman nearly shit his pants. To make matters even worse, the tunnel rumbled and groaned with another explosion. Looking down the tunnel, Roman saw the rest of team RWBY, as well as professor Oobleck clearing a path through White Fang forces.

As for Y/n himself, he looked like he was about ready to carve a bloody murder canyon through the entire hideout if he had to in order to get to Ruby, which he demonstrated by intentionally drawing his sword at an honestly intimidating slow pace, and then beginning his advance.

Quickly realizing he was outmatched as Ruby began running to regroup with Y/n, Roman ran back into his train car, narrowly dodging a grunt Y/n sent flying, and took hold of the hideouts PA system.

Roman: "Pack it up people, WE ARE LEAVING!!!"

With understandably minimal hesitation, what grunts remained began to retreat towards the train, allowing Y/n to close the gap to Ruby, welcoming her back with an embrace. It didn't take long at all for the rest of the team to catch up as well, Yang quick to join in with a bear hug for her sister.

Y/n: "Oh thank christ you're alright. What the hell is going on down here?"

Managing to wrestle out of their holds, Ruby spoke as she accepted Crescent Rose from Y/n, the sense of urgency in her voice not lost on those present.

Ruby: "Yes, im fine. But listen, they've got tons of weapons and dust down here. They're loading them all onto train cars."

Almost scoffing at the idea, Oobleck spoke.

Oobleck: "Thats ridiculous, all these tracks lead to a dead end! The system was cut off from Vale after an explosion flooded the railway with subterranean Grimm!"

Deciding to be the voice of physics, Y/n cleared up the confusion.

Y/n: "Yeah, a single brick wall that a train moving at top speed could no doubt punch through. So what are we gonna do about it?"

Everyone's attention was grabbed as the train began moving, slowly speeding up. Speaking with determination, Ruby gave the first order.

Ruby: "We need to stop that train! Y/n? A little help?"

Y/n: "With pleasure."

In the next moment the entire team landed on the roof of the train, as if they fell through the floor and appeared there. Oobleck brushes some dust off the collar of his coat.

Oobleck: "Certainly a useful ability."

He didnt get to dwell long on the movement however as Blake, who had opened the roof of the train car they were on, spoke up.

Blake: "Uhm...professor?"

Oobleck: "Doctor..."

Blake: "Whats that?"

Peering down into the caboose, a large messy contraption of wires and metal sat idle in the center of the car. As the team looked in confusion, while Oobleck on the other hand, seemed all too familiar with the nature of the device.

Oobleck: "That my dear...appears to be a bomb."

Quite literally everyone except Y/n and the doctor instantly jumped away from the opening, as if the bomb would explode then and there.

Blake: "A bomb?!"

Y/n : *sigh* "Of course it is..."

Oobleck: "Well I wasn't expecting them to go-"

Before the professor finishes speaking, the bomb suddenly powers up. Beeping rapidly as lights flicker to life on the makeshift weapon.

"-easy on us, quick, to the next car!"

Heeding his words, the group quickly migrated to the next car forward.

"Blake! Detach the caboose, it will kill us all!"

Just before she could do so however, the caboose seemed to detach itself, falling behind the train for a while and then exploding, destroying the roof of the tunnel, through which poured a flood of Grimm.

Y/n, immediately having a bad feeling about this, ripped the hatch off of the car they were standing on to find yet another bomb, already activated.

Y/n: "Of fucking course thats their plan. Everybody move up! Quickly!"

With the team once again moving forward, a few cars length this time, Y/n decided the best aay to do this was a no bullshit summary.

"No time to lose! They're blowing holes in the tunnel for the Grimm! If this train makes it to the city, its gonna punch through the wall and let all these Grimm through!"

WF Grunt: " Get the humans!"

Having their attention stolen yet again, White Fang were now beginning to come up out of the train cars to attack the group, charging down the length of the train. Luckily for RWBY, Oobleck was already devising a plan.

Oobleck: "Yang, Weiss, Blake! Head down into the train cars and deal with any bombs you can find!"

Quickly leaping to action, they entered the train car they stood upon through the hatch on the roof, ready to tear shit up. As for Ruby, Y/n, Oobleck and of course Zwei (cause sure why not) they had a so far endless looking stream of White Fang charging towards them, and even the occasional stolen Paladin.

Oobleck: "Ready yourselves children. Our goal is simple."

'Objective Updated:'

"Fight our way to the front, and stop this train!"

'BREAK. EVERYTHING.'

Ruby: "Well, yeah. I already said that."

With an almost defeated sigh from Oobleck, the battle began. It was painfully obvious to all of them that this was gonna take a while.

Roughly 25 minutes later

City of Vale, North Side, in a high place

Two strange figures perch atop one of the higher reaching complexes in Vale's commercial district. The two of them obviously show radical difference in...interest, of the area, as one stands arms crossed in a practical huff, tapping their finger to their forearm in an impatient manner. The other however is kneeled down at the edge of the building, peering through the lense of a large rifle like machine at the city below, surveying the area.

Seemingly tired of the silence, the first of the two throws his hands up in the air. Speaking aloud, it is clear the figure is male, his voice impatient and young.

???: "Why are we here again? This place is so boring..."

The second figure, not removing its gaze from the city in the slightest, responds with a much more refined, feminine tone that sounds more British than anything else.

???2: "Watch your tongue, boy. Don't forget it was your choice to be here."

???: "What did you expect? It was either this or get literally obliterated. I just wanna know why we're in this dunghill timeline, in this boring dimension. There's nothing cool even happening down there!"

???2: "If your even a quarter as adept at time travel as you think you are, then you should have realized something was going on here. Its our job to find the anomaly, and determine whether or not it needs to be removed. Lucky for us, this one doesn't seem to be causing any substantial differences in the timeline for now. At least not any that spell some sort of doom."

???: "Lady, you better not be telling me I just signed up for interdimensional trash duty..."

???2: "Ugh, if your childish demeanor must put it that way, then yes."

...

???: "*sigh* OK well at least humor me this. Why even do it? In an infinite multiverse, with infinite timelines, why go around correcting them?"

...

???2: "Because if you had the chance and power to save an entire universe from total annihilation, wouldn't you?"

???: "...whatever, tophat..."

???2: "Dont sulk for long, it seems like you might be seeing some of that action you've been craving."

???: "Huh?"

*BOOM*

...

???: "Did a train just crash through a wall in the city center?"

???2: "It would seem so."

???: "Hah! Maybe this place will have some fun in it after all."

???2: "Yes yes, now come along. We have to investigate. Remember, be discreet."

???: "Lady I think I managed to dodge you guys for long to prove i can be quiet when it counts."

???2: "Then show me."

(Just a little easter egg i thought I'd throw in. Free cookie to anyone who can guess these two characters! Hint: They are both champions in League of Legends.)

Vale City Center

The city center was a mess of broken rock and dust from the impact of the train punching straight through the old wall of the subway system. For a moment, nothing stirred beneath the blaring alarm of a breach in the city, save for civilians still reeling from the explosion.

That didn't remain for long however, as team RWBY slowly stood up from the rubble, pulling their senses back together. Ruby Rose herself looked between her teammates, relieved to see that they were alright, and due to Weiss's barrier, unharmed by the high velocity impact. Her internal alarms pinged at her however as she recognized the absence of one teammate in particular.

Ruby: "Uh, guys? Where's-"

As she was speaking, a slightly larger pile of rubble nearby suddenly blew apart however, as the missing teammate pulled himself to his feet, absolutely seething. As far as he was concerned, today could go fuck itself.

Y/n: "THAT IS FUCKING IT! THE NEXT TIME I SEE TORCHWICK, IM BREAKING HIS CANE OVER HIS NECK!"

Yang: "Jeez, he's so pissed i can feel it."

Blake: "Ditto..."

Before any conversation could continue, an uncomfortable silence settled beneath the blaring alarms for a moment, as all of team RWBY's attention was drawn to the breach in the wall, al ost like it called for their gaze.

The darkness loomed inside the pit like a thick fog, threatening to swallow anything that dared enter. But that wasn't the unnerving part. A moment ago the train they wee on was being chased by a growing horde of Grimm, but now...

Nothing stirred in the abyss...

As team RWBY gathered in front of the breach, which evidently wasn't even a wall, rather in the middle of the main Plaza platform. They all gazed curiously into the dark, save for one, more suspicious glare.

Ruby: "Where did-"

Y/n: "Shh...hold on..."

Stepping forward slightly, Y/n raised his right hand as a small, but easily recognizable flare gun was brought from shadows to his hand. After a seconds pause, he pulled the trigger. The crimson flare bore its path into the blackness, and shone with baleful light upon walls and floor, not lined with concrete rubble, dirt and stone...

But with an inconceivable number of Creatures of Darkness, in shapes and sizes far to many to list, who all let loose cries and roars of war in contact with the crimson light, which came to land at the base of a massive, snake like Grimm with two giant heads. As Ruby would later come to inform him, was called a King Taijitu.

Dismissing his flare, he decided to trade his sword for a heavier and more, in his eyes, practical weapon.

The situation was dark, but the the adrenaline he had come to love every time he fought was already setting in. He was thoroughly ready to kick some ass.

"Clank your shields and announce your curses, there is battle to be won today!"

Leaving no time for the air to hang, the endless mass of Grimm began to pour from the breach.

The chaos of battle descends fast over the battlefield, as team RWBY quickly find themselves split up, each caught up in their own individual fights. Ruby herself continued to make excellent use of her speed as she struck fast but deadly blows, easily outpacing any threats, and swung with deadly force thanks to the momentum of her heavy Crescent Rose.

Yang herself used the explosive power of her Ember Celica to ricochet between several Grimm, even launching herself to the sky to rain fiery shots from above, before being swiftly knocked to the ground by a passing Nevermore. It didn't stop her long however, as she quickly stood again, and punched a parked car hard enough to send it crashing into packs of Grimm.

Weiss found herself preoccupied with tougher opponents than the other two, as waves of Boarbatusks, and other more heavily armored alpha Grimm continued to charge her. She found no discomfort however, as her pinpoint precision and swift Myrtenaster allowed her her to swiftly execute her armored assailants, even using her glyphs to send either herself, or exceptionally large Grimm flying.

Blake hardly ever stopped in one place, as she continued to use her semblance, as well as her own acrobatic prowess to dash around the battlefield, delivering deadly strikes and often causing Grimm to strike eachother in attempts to hit her clones. And whenever she did stop, she never passed the opportunity to reload her Gambol Shroud and support her teammates with deadly gunfire.

While it would seem that the rest of the team was doing all the work, Y/n certainly wasn't slacking. Rather he was probably providing the most crowd control out of anybody, easily cleaving through massive groups of Grimm with the sheer range and area his bladed staff provided him. The raw strength with which he used the blade cutting apart greater and lesser Grimm alike, as none could land a hit on him thanks to his Umbrakinesis.

It wasn't long however before he found himself face to face with white head of the King Taijitu, the massive snake head looming over him, taller than any of the surrounding buildings. Showing no fear at all, Y/n rested his staff across his shoulders with nothing short of an amused grin as he stared down the beast.

Y/n: "Hello beastie."

With a deafening roar, the head dashed towards him with frightening speed, its size clearly not of any encumbrance to the creature. Y/n only smiled wider as he twirled his blade behind him, before using his staff to vault high into the air just before the beast collided with him. Twisting in midair above the beasts long body, he swung his blade harder than ever, the mere force and speed of the blow to come sending a shockwave through the air, splitting the colossal beast in two and demolishing the concrete below.

Brushing off his coat as he landed, he turned to the sound of a familiar battle cry, as Nora herself came screaming through the air on her Magnhild.

Nora: "NORA SMASH!"

She didn't disappoint, as she struck the remaining head of the King Taijitu, smashing it into the ground as the rest of team JNPR leapt from an airship, along with Professor Peter Port, fresh from Beacon.

Y/n shortly applauded Nora and her entrance, who in turn gave a quick bow before dashing off with the rest of her team, undoubtedly to smash some more skulls. Resuming his own fighting, he quickly crossed paths with Ren, who called after him as they ran towards eachother.

Ren: "Y/n! Give me a boost!"

Y/n: "Gotcha buddy!"

Quickly locking arms with Ren as they met, they nodded to eachother as Y/n spun the boy for a moment before launching him through the air towards a flock of Nevermores. Ren used his Stormflower with great efficiency, slicing and shooting all around him as the entire flock fell dead to the ground. As he landed on a rooftop on the far end of the courtyard, Ren gave a quick nod and a rare smile to Y/n, who slauted in return before they both dashed once more into the fray.

Cleaving through another group of Ursai, he quickly caught sight of Jaune, who strut forth ready for a fight.

Jaune: "Alright, who's first?!"

Quickly turning to the sound of heavy footsteps, the young Arc quickly found himself face to face with yet another Ursa, that roared loudly in his face as his confidence temporarily waned.

"O-oh...you're first huh? T-thats fine."

Jaune takes a small moment to steady himself, before proceeding to yell like a madman as he delivered a series of strikes to the monster before him, all with his eyes closed. After he finishes, he is slightly out of breath and prys his eyes open to watch as the Ursa stands completely still for a moment, before falling dead onto its back. Letting out a sigh of relief, Jaune gains a determined smile on his face, as he charges into the fray with newfound confidence.

Before Y/n can quip on Jaunes performance however, he instinctively leaps to the left as he narrowly dodges the swipe of an exceptionally large, fast and armored Ursa. It doesn't stop him from any wisecracking however.

Y/n: "Woah! Nice hustle tons-o-fun!"

He continues to dodge several more swipes from the lumbering beast, before in a lightning fast movement, he draws his sawn-off and jams the barrel against the Ursas exposed throat, the beast freezing in what almost seemed like fear. With a nigh shit-eating grin, Y/n of course has something to say.

"Next time eat a salad."

And just like that the Grimm was headless, as he turned away from its falling corpse, returning his shotgun to its holster on his back. Just as he does, Pyrrha suddenly lands next to him, falling from the sky as the corpse of a large Nevermore lands several yards away. Holding his fist up towards her, he isn't disappointed as she returns the gesture, fist bumping him with a smile.

Y/n: "Nice job training him Hoplite. Jaune's kicking some royal ass over there. He may even be a good spar soon."

Pointing towards the boy in question, he is seen taking on several Beowulves at once with relative ease, a complete shift from what he was back in the initiation.

Pyrrha: "He's very determined. I should thank you, he looks up to you in a way."

Raising a brow towards Pyrrha, he inquires.

Y/n: "How so?"

Giggling at the memory, Pyrrha responds as she casually impaled a charging Beowulf with her Akúo.

Pyrrha: "I believe his exact words were 'He's a tough, stubborn mother fucker who looks out for his friends. I wanna do the same.' Or something along those lines."

Y/n laughed as he cut a small Nevermore in half that swooped towards him, giving Jaune another look just in time to see the young team leader block a strike with his shield, and decapitate another Ursa.

Y/n: "Well, glad I could keep him motivated. Good luck Hoplite! Try to leave some Grimm for the rest of us ey? Not all of us are world champions ya know."

Rolling her eyes at his playful jabs, Pyrrha dashed towards another group of unfortunate Grimm.

Using his temporary moment of respite, Y/n observed the battlefield around him, watching with satisfaction the Atlesian fleet descended upon the battleground, providing aerial support and dropping robots to the field that, in great enough numbers, were able to begin pushing the Grimm back. Come to think of it, this was his first big battle since their fight with the Atlesian Paladin, and he hadn't even been mortally wounded yet!

Y/n: "Sick nasty."

A wandering Beowulf seemingly had the idea of changing that fact, but it was swiftly interrupted by a burst of telekinetic energy, allowing Y/n to turn and see Professor Glynda Goodwitch marching towards the breach in the courtyard with a look that Y/n would use nothing short of the word 'Murderfuck' to describe. She did however take a second to shoot Y/n a glance, and be the stern teacher she always was.

Glynda: "Keep your guard Mr. L/n!"

With a silent chuckle, Y/n performed a lightning fast Quickdraw with his handcannon to obliterate a Nevermore attempting to swoop at the hasty Professor, who paid the encounter no mind as she approached the breach.

With a growl, and a raise of her riding crop, Glynda began using her telekinesis to repair the massive hole as all the rubble returned from whence it came. With the breach sealed, it wasn't long before the few remaining Grimm were dealt with.

Dismissing his weapon and rolling his shoulder, Y/n checked his scroll to see that his aura was still full. In other words.

Y/n: "You win. Perfect."

As the young hunter-in-training moved to regroup with his team, Roman Torchwick was very lucky Y/n didn't notice him being dragged away by several Atlesian Knights.

Several hours later, Beacon Academy

Sunset

On the outskirts of Beacon academies airship docks, access to the cliffside overlooking the massive bay between Beacon and Vale is available, providing nothing short of a stellar view as the golden sunset shine brilliantly across the water, leaking over the tops of the city's tallest buildings. Along the edge of said cliff sat team RWBY, recently returned from the city and having delivered their report of how a train came to smash into the center of the city, the students found themselves in collective need of relaxation.

(Just to sate my own OCD, as well as that of others, the seating is Weiss-->Ruby--> Y/n-->Yang-->Blake. Zwei in napping in    Y/n's lap)

After several minutes of simply enjoying the scene, Yang was the first to start a conversation.

Yang: "Well, we did it."

Blake: "We did it."

Weiss: "If we don't get extra credit for that, im gonna be seriously disappointed."

Y/n: "Is school, like, the only thing you think about?"

Weiss: "Hush you."

Blake: "Weiss, a giant, two headed snake crushed a bakery. I wouldn't count on it."

Ruby: "Plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this, or who that mystery girl was."

Y/n: "I swear, one day im gonna pay her back for that hole in my gut."

Weiss: "Well, not every story has a neat and tidy ending. And quit whining, your not dead are you?"

Y/n: "I think everyone here knows it's gonna take more than that to kill me."

Ahifting closer to Y/n, Ruby squeezed his hand with her own, eliciting Y/n to wrap an arm around her.

"Quit your worrying Rosebud. Im not going anywhere."

Blake: "Well, we might not have all the awnsers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behing bars. I think that's something to be proud of."

Y/n: "There isn't anything wrong with being proud of what we did today. Just don't let it get to your head. Use it to be ready for next time."

Flopping dramatically onto her back, Yang speaks in an obviously tired tone.

Yang: "Yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job... So, what now?"

Weiss: "I suggest training for the Vytal Festival, but I think we pretty much have that covered at this point."

Y/n: "Meh"

Blake: "So then..."

Ruby: "Uhh...time for bed?"

Yang: "Please."

Blake: "Absolutely"

Weiss: "Yes"

Y/n: "Oh absolutely. Alright, everyone grab on."

Not even questioning, Weiss, Blake and Yang all placed a hand on his shoulders, and in the next moment, the entire team swiftly floated in a cloud of shadow to the dorms of Beacon Academy. Ready for some well deserved rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(Ugh, no long outcome for this one...volume 2 took too long, im just glad its over. Thank you all for continuing to read and support this story. I know it's slow, but I am dedicated to this thing. I will see it through to the end eventually. Let's see...)

(Until Next Time.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 2.2K 10
Got the idea way back when @Boogiethehedgehog3 did his original abused and depressed male reader and so here I am to give my own little take to it...
72.5K 888 10
Y/N has always been a freak of nature in other's eyes. He was never able to summon glyphs, he looked nothing like his family. Soon, he's taken in by...
304K 2.3K 32
You are the adopted son and the eldest child of Taiyang Xiao Long and Summer Rose. You have been treated like nothing but just a stranger. Always got...
282K 3.6K 36
A young boy was found and adopted by a family. As anyone thought the child would have a normal life, boy they were wrong. After an incident he left h...