Diana Of Alcotta (Yrsoreth Ch...

By E_Manawari

To make your beloved a king-it's either you die or he does. ༒♛♔ ♛༒ Diana knows the future. She also knew that... More

Welcome to Gran Dacchia
♔ Meet The Majesties
SEASON 1 ♛ Prologue
1♔ Beginning of the End
2 ♛ Schemes of Two
3 ♔ Tea of Three
4 ♛ Scarlett The Maid
5 ♔ Night of Unexpected
6 ♛ Aboard Hudithe II
7 ♔ Black Flags at Sea
8 ♛ The Alcotta Isle
9 ♔ The Duke of Norvillon
10 ♚ Talk of Gods
11 ♔ To Rule the World
12 ♚ Good Night, My Prince
13 ♔ Painting Gold with Copper
14 ♚ Born of Nine Months
15 ♔ Blood of the Bastard
16 ♚ Ring for Queens
17 ♔ Beautiful Surprises
18 ♚ The Power of a Name
19 ♔ Short Barrel Chronicles
20 ♛ Teeth on Flesh
21 ♔ Calm Before the Storm
22 ♛ Wylola's Curse
23 ♔ A Song for Her King
24 ♛ Woman from Silk Chambers
25 ♔ The Prince and the Whore
26 ♛ Pamela, The Savior
27 ♔ A Dagger on Her Thigh
28 ♛ Loyalty in Her Cup
30 ♛ Long Live The King
31 ♔ Congratulations, My Lady
32 ♛ Diana of Alcotta
Special Chapter: The Bastard Prince
👑 SOON
Map and Visuals
SEASON 2 ♔ Prologue
33 ♛ The Tyrant's Ascent
34 ♔ Rulers of the Sea
35 ♛ Dead Flowers and Butterflies
36 ♔ Anna of Levich
37 ♛ The Woman of Another
38 ♔ Tea of Two
39 ♛ The Madman's Assembly
40 ♔ Deathless Angkahalla
41 ♛ Prodigal Baroness
42 ♔ An Emperor and A Crab
43 ♛ Guts and Gods
44 ♔ The Lion and the Flower
45 ♛ Abandonment in Paper
46 ♔ A Villainess In Red
47 ♛ Ak Bu'hir
48 ♔ Fiction for the Emperor
49 ♛ Ash Bu'hir
50 ♔ Desperation In Syllables
51 ♛ The Little Fish
52 ♔ Room 17 Encounters
53 ♛ The Deal of Two
END 54 ♔ The Kingmaker

29 ♔ The Last Ball

1.8K 147 93
By E_Manawari

The Gran Dacchian aristocracy is sociable in nature. Almost every occasion will be used as an excuse to hold a ball in the Gold Palace and the noble residences. Summer Season is incredibly hectic, that even a few free spirit from elusive nobles of the northern territory travel to the capital.

Yet, in all these celebrations, tea parties, and soirees, Diana was only invited six times, half from Lady Therese. They were all declined in different pretenses. Truthfully, she just wanted to distance from a society she'll leave soon. The less trace she left, the less she can be remembered.

But for the last ball of the Summer, she insisted on attending, despite just being recovered. She already told Xander of the events that might take place that night, and they prepared for the counters. With her arms linked to his, Diana entered the hall.

Usually, the members of the royal family enter together, but ever since the rumors surrounding the monarch family, the practice was halted.

And so, Diana entered after the Royal Crier announced their arrival. The moment she set foot in the hall, it halted just as quickly. All eyes zeroed to her, not in curiosity, but as how one look at something disgusting.

It's alright, she told herself. This would be the last. The dagger that Xander gifted rested in her inner thigh, hidden by her gown. It might not shield her the words of 'The prostitute,' 'How brave to show up,' and 'What scandalous gown,' whispered as they walk by, it was still a comfort.

At least the words were not from the man beside her.

"The audacity for the whore to come," she caught wind of a voice, passing by a group of women.

Diana paused and turned to them, slowly batted her lashes, and tipped her head. "Yes, the whore has come," she whispered under breath. Unbeknownst to her, Xander heard every word.

"Go," she mumbled to him later, after she found herself a seat, far from the center of the room.

She spent her time alone, as Xander conversed with Ysivan and other nobles. Now that Niccolus' status was somehow hanging in the balance, a few have been open in support of the second prince, while more do in secret. It was also a hushed topic among nobles how the king had personally summoned Xander for the past weeks and relegated him task that he was already doing. The favor was tipping the second prince, and the nobles have caught wind.

She ignored a few snickers with the men he talked with, even Xander himself—as planned. To enforce her dirty reputation, the second prince must also distance himself as if she was the filth reincarnate. The act would also convince the queen's faction.

Minutes later, the king entered with his entourage. And instead of his throne, he tapped Xander's shoulder, who greeted him. There was a short talk that Diana could not understand from her position. The king laughed, nodded to whatever Xander had said as the latter did the same.

Their amicable relationship rippled to the men around them as if they had the same relationship ever since.

Such a change of favor was so quick.

Good for you.

Diana stared for too long that it was too late. She realized the king's gaze had been aimed at her, and she was staring back absentmindedly. She turned away, but the thunder in her heart became louder as she felt her skin crawl and footsteps approached her.

"You look lovely as ever, My Lady," it was the king's voice.

She forced herself to face him as if her bones creaked in rebellion.

His entourage was in conversation with Xander. At the same time, the rest of the crowd pretended to be oblivious.

Diana curtsied. "Your... majesty." For a moment, she wished that she wore a different gown that covered herself more, and the off-shouldered red that exposed the swell of her chest.

King Augustus Gran Dacchia stared at Diana as if his eyes were hands, feeling all of her skin. "Rise, My Lady."

She did, and after mustering courage, stared up at him like an open target. This attention was not part of her vision, but it's just a few bumps in the cobbled road. The end result matters more.

Xander once considered her as a honey trap for the king, as an assurance, and it wouldn't hurt to follow the mold. It's the final night, after all. Although Augustus was just a paper king in the story, this may benefit Xander hopefully.

"It's an honor to attend such a splendid ball, Your Highness." She said, her voice a little higher yet breathy. Diana dipped her shoulders lower to expose more what the swell of her chest could do.

"You are as beautiful as always," he said.

Diana looked up, tilted her cluelessly, yet battered her lashes. "Do I? What an honor. I'm worried that Your Majesty's treatment would change after the rumors. Prince Xander has been distancing himself that my heart is broken these days."

"Such a pity for a woman like you. He'll come around."

"And you, Your Highness? Did you believe the rumors?"

King Augustus smiled. Without a word, he took her hand and kissed it, all for everyone to see. He leaned forward and whispered, "Rumors would not matter. Although I wished you have the skills as what the whispers say."

His hands were settled on her bare shoulders, sliding to her elbows. His palms were smooth, but as if it pierced every pore of her skin. His meat and fat were constricted in his tight clothes, and for a stout man dressed in the finest clothing, he was as tall as the ceiling dripping with grease and dirt.

It repulsed Diana.

He slapped the king's hand, and she stepped back.

Her body reacted like an instinct that even the king was surprised by her sudden turn of mood.

Those who witnessed, which were almost everyone in the room, was in silence.

"I apologize, Your Majesty, I'm a bit surprised." It was the same time the murmurs spread in the ball.

The king, who was not used to rejection, gritted his teeth. A red flush climbed to his face, yet, his relaxed and a mysterious glint sparked in his eyes. He muttered a short, "Have a great evening, Lady Diana."

When he left, only then she remembered to breathe, yet her flesh was still trembling.

People might snicker at the irony of a prostitute backing away from a king at that.

Just because she's a whore, she does not have the right to refuse a man's touch.

Just because she sold herself once, she does not deserve to be terrified.

She took a deep breath. It's alright. It's going to be alright. She searched for Xander, he met her eyes, but whatever anger boiling in them was an illusion as he turned to a subordinate for a reply.

Diana stepped away, further into the dark, he has a job to present himself, and she has a job too.

"My lady," a voice said beside her. It was the queen's maid. "Her majesty has called for you."

The time has come for her.

With the last glance at Xander, faintly nodding to assure him, she replied. "Lead the way."

Diana was then led to the queen's chamber in silence. With the chatter and music of the ball slowly fading away, and now, only their footsteps echoing the long corridor, she cleared her head.

She was careless for slapping the king's hand. Death was probably her punishment for offending royalty, but she was still breathing. She might be arrested by tomorrow, but Diana will be gone then.

Just at least, not tonight.

The maid knocked on the queen's door, guarded by knights that didn't move they could be mistaken for statues. "She's here, Your Majesty," the maid announced with the sight open of the door.

"Let her in," a calm voice commanded from the inside.

The maid opened the door wider for Diana, and Queen Claudette stretched her hand as if to welcome her back. Diana, in character, ran to the royal's arms.

"I was very sick, whatever the potion was."

"I'm sorry, dear. But I'm glad you're alright."

Diana sat beside the queen, temporarily leaving their hands as Queen Claudette poured her tea. She took the offer with a sip. "Why did you call me, Queen Mother?" she asked even if she already knew the answer.

But the queen's answer was not what she expected. "Just nothing. I wanted to check on you. I'm delighted you're alright. Niccolus was also worried."

No, nevermind her lie of the crown prince's sentiment. "As you can see, I'm faring better, Queen Mother. I forced that bastard prince to attend the ball so that I could meet you! But... is there really nothing I can help you with?"

"Nothing, my dear."

Wasn't she supposed to hand the same 'potion' to her and command her to poison Xander?

But why was Claudette simply holding her hand with a warm gaze?

She even brought the ring the queen had given her, so, if ever Diana was commanded to poison Xander, she could use it as evidence that the queen was behind it.

Xander wouldn't need to be poisoned. She wouldn't need to be punished, and she could go back to Aleck.

That was it. That was just her purpose. That was the limit of her vision, aside from Xander sitting on the throne.

But their plans all fell apart. What made Queen Claudette not do so?

The future is changed. Scarlett, the maid told her. But what made the queen change if Diana already earned her trust?

Diana bit her lip. Where did she go wrong?

"You don't look so good. My dear, are you alright?" Claudette caressed her pale cheek.

"...I am."

"Are you sure? You seem like the world is ending."

It probably is, at least her own world. Her purpose in Xander's ascension. No, it's too early, she convinced herself. The night is still young, and the queen might command her later. She had no choice but to be optimistic.

"Will you not attend the ball, Queen Mother?"

Queen Claudette nodded. "I will, my dear."

"Then, shall we go together?"

"But, you couldn't."

Something is wrong. She was uncomfortable with Claudette's face, too gentle than her usual mask, and to the point that it looked like pity.

"...What do you mean?"

She only saw the queen's gentle smile, as she lifted her cup of untouched tea and nodded like a mock salute.

"You did your best, my dear." It was the last thing Diana heard.

I just realized only 2 chapters are left before book 1 ends. 😅

ARE YOU READY?

Ellena Odde ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 51K 83
Waking up as a non existent character, what would you do? I, who has dreamed of becoming the Villainess, suddenly became her daughter instead O_____O...
163K 4.1K 30
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN Y/N'S FAMILY WILL ABONDAN HER JUST BECAUSE OF A MISUNDERSTANDING ? WILL SHE FORGIVE THEM ? WILL THEY ABLE TO BE A HAPPY FAMILY...
2.4M 116K 61
Adailia de Perinius, the prettiest and bitchiest person of the novel, 'A Lovely Girl' and the main villainess. Being madly in love with the male prot...
73.9K 2.2K 43
The love story of Stella Monroe and Grayson Dolan continues as the two move to New York. Facing family drama and struggling to find what they want to...