37 ♛ The Woman of Another

For those who are asking where is Aleck or why is he not yet in the story, here's my answer:
Because plot reasons. Huge plot reasons (yes, plural)
Anyway, enjoy the update 😊

~Ellena Odde ❤

According to statements, Diana and a few people boarded Hudithe for a short fishing trip, just a little to the territory's east. At the beginning of early winter, Oliwhahes travel through the Sydrian Ocean towards the warmer waters in the south.

Aside from fishing, the journey was also a vacation. It was what Diana said. She promised her people a feast and better smile once she returned with a 'clearer head.'

Hudithe II never docked in the island's port again. After a search, the ship's debris was found floating in different parts of the sea.

When they showed Xander pieces of the sunken Hudithe II, he never believed them.

Diana could not die vaguely.

And he was right.

Nine years later, the woman he had been searching, was in front of him, as the vassal of another vampire.

Xander found himself walking down the stairs from his throne towards the bowing woman.

He clutched to stop his shaking hands. Even so, it slightly trembled as he coaxed her to stand and look at him.

She had the same eyes that saw all the wrongs in his actions but still viewed him as a savior of a kingdom. The same lips that spoke bold words, but never praises for herself.

Xander cupped her face.

She's warm. She's beautiful.

She's alive.

He never believed in gods, but for a moment, he thanked them.

What was it again? The words he wanted to tell her? Where does he start?

"...Dance with me." It was the only thing that left his mouth, barely a whisper.

She stepped back and once more, curtsied. "As you wish, Your Majesty."

Xander swallowed a massive lump in his throat. Her flesh was warm, but her smile held none. He was awoken by his dream. He may have found the woman, but she was not the same.

More than the sea, she smelled of flowers. She danced better. But then he realized that he had only danced with her once or twice before. He never asked her for another, nor praise how beautiful she was back then despite the lack of confidence. He never said how smart she was for keeping up with the bridal training, even if she didn't have to.

The music stopped, and the audience, who were both shocked and mesmerized, finally forced a clap.

Diana bowed. Only then was he able to take in the ripped gown and her bare legs peeking on the slit. "They'd tell you the details later, Your Majesty," she explained at his questioning gaze.

Xander led Diana away from the ball and the prying eyes of nobles and envoys alike. Just one cold look from Fedimon halted his steps and clamped his mouth shut.