Entwined with love

By the_elysian_writer

Arinya Young is a 24 year old woman and one gem of a person. She is humble, extremely gorgeous and a remarkab... More

Author's Note
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58

Chapter-22

9.3K 299 22
By the_elysian_writer

Arinya's POV

My heart was thumping faster than the speed of light in my chest. For the first time in my life I experienced intimacy with a man without feeling even a bit of discomfort and that was utterly uncanny for me. When I realised things were escalating too fast in the process, I asked him to stop. He kissed my head and stopped that very instant. My heart literally swelled at his gesture. When he said he won't ever do anything against my will, I could see a true gentleman in all regards standing in front of me
His words made a home in my heart and I respect him a lot.

Not to forget, how my knees turned into jelly and how the butterflies were flipping in my stomach like there's no tomorrow. Yes, I too got carried away in the moment when he started showering feather kisses all over me but I didn't feel that I was doing anything wrong for once. I have no explanation for why I did what I did but all that I know is just because it was Ashton, that's why I could let myself go with the flow and get lost in that moment. Otherwise, if a man only touches me, intentionally or unintentionally, all my senses activates creating a havoc of anxiety in me.
Ashton's touch always feels so pure.

Have I started liking Ashton? My boss?
No no no no it can't be that... But maybe it is because I haven't felt happy and content in my own skin and if we talk about a wider picture, my own self. He makes me feel worthy. I have noticed that I am way more comfortable and confident when I am by his side.

Oh no what have I done. I panicked a bit at the thought of having shared a moment with my boss.

"You okay?" Ashton said in a husky voice. I didn't realize my head was still resting on his chest. I looked straight in his hazel eyes and the electricity ran through me again.

"Yes." I stated genuinely and smiled. He shot back his amazing smile at me.

"Will this make things awkward between us now?" He asked in a straightforward manner.

"Uh no, I guess." I thought for a moment and replied back.

"Okay, I think we should get out of the shower and have dinner now." He said.
I realized that we were still in the shower and lukewarm water was dripping over us.

"Yeah." I said and took my hands off his torso.

"Ah wait, today has really proven to be our extreme unofficial day so I won't keep it to myself." He said and I looked at him confusedly.

He bent an inch and spoke in the sexiest voice ever in my ear.
"You look incredibly hot right now and know that what we shared today wasn't a mistake for me and never will be."

I dunk my head little downwards because his words made my heart flutter causing my cheeks burn. 
"I like that blush too." He cupped my right cheek with his hand and caressed it with his thumb.

I looked at him and said.
"Thanks for everything."

"Thank me again and I won't let you step outta this shower the whole night." He said playfully and let out a small laugh. I just nodded my head in agreement playing along.

He turned the shower off.
"I'll go change in another bathroom, you too change fast and come downstairs." He said and handed me a towel from the stand. He started walking outside and it then dawned on me that I don't have a spare dress to change in.

"Oh no..." I said a little loudly and he stopped and turned to face me.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I..I don't have a spare dress." I said and looked down at my drenched self. My gown was dripping wet by that time.

"Uh wait a minute." He thought for a while and walked out. I started shivering a little by the time he came back with a hoodie and drawstring sweatpants. He handed me those and said.

"Adjust with these for now, I'll call for a dress for you after I change." He said.

"No it's perfectly alright, you don't need to call for another dress and uh thank you for the clothes." I replied.

He took a step ahead and kept the clothes aside. He stood at a little distance from me and turned the shower on again. I squealed a bit due to the surprise water attack on me.

"Told you not to thank me again." He reasoned.

"Turn it off, I won't thank you again." I said and mumbled "at least for now"  under by breath. He chuckled and turned the shower knob. The water stopped pouring and he left the bathroom.

I stripped out of my beautiful gown. I took a glance at myself in mirror and realized that the tiny scars on my back that Elle concealed like a pro started to show up again. I felt uneasy but didn't let that feeling take over my senses so I just averted my gaze off the mirror.

I changed into Ashton's hoodie that was certainly oversized for me and the sweatpants that were pretty loose for me but I somehow managed because of the drawstrings. Knowing me and my history, I am certified as the queen of clumsiness. I only pray that these sweatpants keep hanging on my waist and doesn't fall off in my influence when I step out of this bathroom. Also, his clothes too smelt like his oh-so-perfect scent and the butterflies were back yet again.

I inhaled sharply before stepping out of the bathroom. When I opened the door, I saw that I was in a bedroom. Obviously it's Ashton's.
Does this man ever choose anything for him less than perfection? The clear answer is a big NO. His room was as exquisitely classy and beautiful as it can get. By now I've known one thing that he is a big fan of the best skyline view. His choice is undeniably the best.

Without gawking much at the alluring details of every corner like a creepy person, I looked around to find an exit. I saw an exit door and marched towards it. I finally saw a staircase when I came out of the room. I went downstairs and he was already keeping the food casseroles on dining table. He was wearing a casual plain black t-shirt and sweatpants and still managed to look so handsome.
He saw me walking towards him. He examined me fully in his clothes. I felt somehow self-conscious when he didn't look away.

"Uhm frankly you look super adorable in the oversized clothes." He complemented me. Until then I was really wondering if I looked like a lost panda. I smiled at him and said.

"You look amazing yourself." Oh yes, I wanted to say that you look incredibly handsome but I think it's reserved for my mind for the time being. His lips twitched upwards a little. He gestured me to step ahead and sit.

"Sit down." He said and pulled a chair for me like a gentleman that he is.

"Let me do the dressing again on your hand." He took my injured hand and removed the wet bandage and did a fresh dressing as the doctor instructed us before leaving.

I smiled at him and mumbled a thank you under my breath.

"Heard that." He stated flatly while serving food.

"I... I didn't say anything." I lied or at least tried to.

"Don't lie when you can't and looks like someone's excited for yet another shower session." He smirked and arched his eyebrow at me. I felt embarrassed but not in a bad way.

"Ah.." I stuttered like an idiot.

"Ah yes?" He said mockingly.

"Ah no." It came out of my mouth before I could even comprehend it. He chuckled in an amusing manner.

"We'll see that later but let's eat first. Shall we?" He asked.

"Let me help you in serving the food. You've already..." I tried to complete my sentence but he shushed me.

"Shhh" He said and served for both of us.

Both of us started digging in our food. I moaned in pleasure when the food hit my taste buds. It was so unlike-me and I clearly embarrassed myself even more.
"Sorry but uh...the food is delicious." I said. It was indeed lip-smacking delicious.

"Thanks and yeah you don't need to be sorry. To be honest I kind of liked that sound." He commented. My face flushed in embarrassment at his remark.

I looked down shyly and we started eating our food again in silence. We were almost done eating when he spoke breaking the pin drop silence.
"Oh I forgot to call for a spare pair of change for you."

"I am good, you don't need to." I replied.

"Why?" He dropped the fork in his plate and kept his arms on the table. He was looking at me intently.

"Because there's really no need of it. I am comfortable in these clothes if you're doubtful." I stated. It's unnecessary at this hour to call for a new dress when I can manage in what I already have.

"Grown fond of my scent?" He said and cursed himself under his breath for his cocky remark incoherently. He scratched his eyebrow with his finger and cleared his throat.

"Uh if you're comfortable in my clothes then that's all." He said and I nodded my head in a "yes". My mind specifically focussed only on my clothes from his whole sentence and I felt giddy-ish.

Suddenly something hit me like a realization which made me a little sad too. I might have somewhere started liking Ashton but if my feelings for him grow any further, it will only end up me getting a heartbreak. I don't even blame him for that because why on earth would he be interested in a broken person who's a literal nobody in his life.

Yes, he has helped me a ton for which I can barely ever repay him back but he definitely wouldn't ever have feelings for me the way I've started to feel for him. Why would he love someone who he hardly knows anything about, someone who has layers of secrets unfolded, someone who's broken beyond repair. The reality is he is my boss and I am an employee in his company and that's how he probably thinks only.

He snapped his fingers before my eyes and I came back into reality.
"Is everything okay? Um thinking about the real man behind the stalker situation?" He asked a little cautiously not to hurt me with his question.

"Ah no, it's nothing." I replied. I have decided not to think about this whole thing at least for today. We've already dealt with a boat load of drama and I genuinely want a break from all these unnecessary tensions flooding in my life.

He took one of my hand in his and caressed the back of my hand with his thumb.
"If there's anything that's troubling you, you can come and talk to me. I promise, I'll always be there to listen and find a solution." He stated and I could see some strange emotions in his eyes.

How am I not supposed to fall for this man when he says things like these and proves his every word true. I've seen a lot of roughs in my life and for once I want to feel wanted, worthy and loved.
I sensed a gush of emotions in my heart.

"I am really grateful." I replied politely.

"No thanks this time?" He asked playfully to make my mood light. I chuckled. I adore and admire this human being holding my hand. But I know, I shouldn't let my hopes high.

"That too." I said and smiled at him.

"Oh craving a hot shower?" He replied sarcastically.

"Yes but alone." I played along. I don't know how he manages to bring out my hidden playful side which I didn't even knew existed before meeting him.

"Who said I was coming along in the shower. How shameless Arinya." He played smartly. I opened my mouth to come up with something but I couldn't say anything. Heat crawled up my cheeks and my mouth remained open.
The man sitting in front of me is clearly not the one who I meet in the office every other day.

He released my hand and touched my chin to shut my mouth.
"Just kidding. Finish your food now." He laughed and we started eating.

We finished our food and he tried to take my plate but this time I didn't let him do that. I know he is chivalrous and all of this comes naturally to him but that doesn't mean I should let him do all of that. After we were done with everything I asked him.
"Um can we leave for home now...it's getting late."

"Sure. I'll just grab my phone and car keys." He replied.

I grabbed my stuff as well and we left for my apartment. Later about 30 minutes, he stopped the car near the apartment.

"Truth be told, today was amazing and different. For a day I felt free for real." He said looking straight at the street ahead.

"I had a great time as well." I replied.

He thought something for a moment tapping his fingers on the steering wheel and then said. "Come I'll walk you to the door."

We both got out of the car and walked upto the entry gate of the house.

"I think you should go and sleep now, you had a long tiring day." Ashton spoke.

"Yes, you too. Good night." I said and he nodded.

"Meet you in the office tomorrow." He said and walked back to the car. He took a glance at me from the car's window and then drove off.

I entered the apartment and straight went into the living room. Elle was watching TV while eating popcorns.

"Hey El." I greeted.

"Oh you're back...how was the cerem.. Uh where's your gown and whose clothes you're in?" She turned to me slowly and when she realised I am not in the same clothes I left the house in, she got suspicious.

"Uh it's As.. Uh Mr King's clothes." I replied hesitantly.

"Holy mother of god..what???" El squealed so loudly that I had to cover my ears.

"El calm down." I tried to stop her.

"Don't you CALM DOWN me, tell me what happened?? Wait....did you two?? OMG I'm flipping... I had my suspicions on you guys for long but I didn't expect it so soon. Wow congratulations Ari..." She kept going on and on with her own assumptions that I had to step ahead and clamp my hand on her mouth to make her quiet.

"El none of whatever you're thinking happened." I said and all her excitement got vanished. She slumped her shoulders and jumped on the couch in a defeated manner.
Yeah she's so cute.

I narrated what all happened in the whole day just leaving out the bathroom session with Ashton from our conversation. She got really angry after knowing that Steve did it all just for money. We talked for a while more and then I headed to bed. I was extremely tired today and all I wanted at the moment was to sleep like a baby and free from all the worries.

I decided to sleep in Ashton's clothes only. Not to lie, I am loving the cozy feeling in his clothing and his scent makes me feel his presence. Cliche enough?
But the feeling is supremely surreal but somehow bittersweet as well. What I've started to feel for him is a very new feeling for me and my heart is growing fonder towards him with every passing day but the bitter part is that he won't feel for me the way I do. I am stuck right now.

All I remember afterwards is I slept peacefully hugging the oversized hoodie and woke up feeling happy.
___________________________________________
Thank you so much for reading the chapter.
Would love to know your feedback on how's the story going so far.
Lots of love to the one on the other side!
Please Like & Comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 225 26
BOOK #1 of •Harmony Of Billionaires• She was just a responsibility for him, which he never wanted, denied every sign. And she was adamant to unravel...
147K 5.4K 43
Book 1 of Fabulous Four series He believes in living in the moment. She wants everything planned. He believes love is one's strength. She believes i...
2.6K 141 57
A profound love between two people betting against all odds, would they be able to stand together? or let the fate decide... Synopsis: Two different...
256K 12.8K 44
Ashton Sterling is the most elusive bachelor owner and CEO of the Sterling International Group of Hotels, Inc. based in London. He is the guest of ho...