Worldwide Unbeatable

By Haydenpumpkinchan

"I told you," Yoongi said coldly, his icy stare never wavering, "I don't submit." Seokjin smirked, running hi... More

⚠️ DISCLAIMER ⚠️
IMPORTANT
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Finale
Answers
Fan Art!

Chapter Ten

2.5K 220 132
By Haydenpumpkinchan

Everyone was in the meeting room when Taehyung entered the next morning.

"Late much?" Hoseok teased, despite the agents cold, tired glare.

Wordlessly, Taehyung tossed his phone to the table, and it slid to a halt in front of Yoongi.

The leader picked it up and saw the message on the screen from a familiar number.

32.49° N, 58.03° W

Seokjin's number.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked, craning his head to look at the screen.

"When did this come in?" Yoongi snapped his gaze up to Taehyung.

"Sometime last night. I woke up to it." The boy said. "There's a picture too."

Yoongi scrolled down and stopped when he saw two young boys, tied up back to back, blindfolded and gagged. One looked to be a young teen, and the other couldn't be more than eight. They were in a dimly lit warehouse.

"Why didn't he text me...?" Yoongi murmured to himself.

"Why would he give out the coordinates instead of making us do the work to track him down?" Namjoon frowned. "It's...too easy."

"It's obviously a trap." Hoseok said. "Are we really going there?"

"He has two innocent boys, and we know from what he did to Diana that he'll kill them without any hesitation or emotion." Yoongi forwarded the messages to his own phone. "Assuming they're still alive right now."

Jimin didn't look at Yoongi as he gathered up his things. "Then let's not waste time."

The team filed out, but Yoongi grabbed Taehyung's arm, holding him back so they were alone in the room.

"What?" Taehyung snapped, yanking his arm back.

Yoongi's stare drilled into the younger agent. "Do you still trust me?"

"I'm here, aren't I?" Taehyung reminded him.

"But do you trust me?" Yoongi pressed.

"How about you save those boys and get everyone home safe, and then maybe I'll start having faith in you again." Taehyung said coldly. "I thought you were supposed to be unbeatable, Min Yoongi. But you got Jungkook killed, Diana killed, Ryan killed, Jimin was kidnapped and tortured and now he's not the same. You lost me and you're damn lucky I even came back. Seokjin has beaten you time and time again, so can you blame anyone for not trusting you now?"

Yoongi let him go, watching the agent walk down the hallway with the others, leaving him alone in the room.

Not for the first time, Yoongi debated if starting this game with Seokjin had ever been worth bringing the criminal down with all the causalities and pain suffered along the way.

-

The coordinates led the team to an abandoned warehouse that matched the picture Seokjin had sent.

"Everyone stick together in your pairs." Yoongi said as they pulled out their guns and adjusted their bulletproof vests.

Jimin and Taehyung went to the other side of the building while Yoongi and Hoseok stayed in the center, and Namjoon, the strongest, went off on his own to the other side.

Yoongi gave the signal, and they all converged on the building.

Kicking the door open, Yoongi stormed inside the cold, empty building, his gun brandished in front of him while Hoseok flanked his side, sweeping his own gun around in search of Seokjin.

They walked stealthily over the debris strewn floor, looking over piles of discarded boxes and manufacturing supplies as they headed deeper into the building.

"What's his play this time around?" Hoseok murmured to Yoongi as they ventured past a set of rusting doors and down a thin, dark hallway.

Yoongi didn't answer, turning the corner to see a dark room, and he paused when he heard a shuffling sound coming from inside.

He signaled to Hoseok and the younger boy nodded, following Yoongi into the room.

As soon as they were inside, the lights flicked on, and the door behind them swung shut.

Hoseok immediately grabbed the handle and yanked on it, but it wouldn't budge. "Hey!"

Yoongi holstered his gun, running forward to the two tied up boys on the cold floor. He crouched down in front of them and looked to the oldest one, reaching his hands up to gently peel the tape off the boys mouth.

"Hey, don't worry, I'm here to save you." Yoongi removed his blindfold. "Are you two okay?"

"No! Leave me alone!" The boy gasped when he was free of the tape. "Please, don't hurt us!"

"Hey, hey, it's okay, I'm going to save you." Yoongi worked on untying them as Hoseok ran over and helped the younger boy.

"Where is that man that took you now?" Yoongi asked, helping them stand up.

"Yoooongiiii," Seokjin purred, walking out of the shadows, his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket.

Hoseok quickly shoved the two boys behind him protectively, while Yoongi spun around and aimed the gun at the approaching villain.

"Don't you ever get tired of pointing that thing at me?" Seokjin sighed.

"Don't shoot," Hoseok looked at Yoongi. "We have to take him in alive."

"Just because he's shot doesn't mean he'll die." Yoongi's eyes narrowed, his finger curling around the trigger.

"Kinky." Seokjin smirked.

"What do you want?" Hoseok called. "What was the point of all of this?"

"Funny you of all people should ask." Seokjin answered.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hoseok growled.

Before anyone could say anything else, the oldest boy suddenly stole Hoseok's gun from the agents belt, pointing it with shaky hands at the startled man.

"No! Kid-" Hoseok gasped, spinning around.

"Drop the gun." The boy said to Yoongi, his eyes narrowing at Hoseok.

Yoongi had immediately turned and aimed his gun at the kid, but there was no way he could shoot him. It felt wrong to be pointing the gun at the teenager instead of Seokjin, but he couldn't let an inexperienced child hold a firearm at his partner.

"He's not the bad guy." Yoongi reasoned to the scared kid. "Put the gun on the ground and we'll get you out of here, okay? I promise."

"Yes he is!" The kid shouted. "He's the one who kidnapped us!"

"What?!" Hoseok exclaimed. "No I didn't! What the hell?"

Yoongi glared at Seokjin. "You fucking bastard!"

Seokjin made an innocent, 'who, me?' gesture, smiling as he watched his plan unfold perfectly.

"Drop the fucking gun now!" The kid screamed, his younger brother cowering behind him. "Or I'll kill him!"

When Yoongi didn't move, the kid pointed the gun at Hoseok's face, his finger curling around the trig-

"Okay!" Yoongi shouted, raising his hands out as he slowly lowered himself to the ground. He set the gun on the floor and rose back up, hands still placed defensively out.

"Kick it over." The kid demanded.

Yoongi placed his foot on the gun and pushed it over, watching it slide across the floor to the kid.

Keeping the gun leveled at Hoseok, the teen bent down and snatched it up, handing it to his younger brother to hold.

"If you think he's the bad guy," Yoongi nodded at Hoseok, "Then who is that?" He pointed to Seokjin.

The kid spared a quick look to the criminal. "I-I don't know, I've never seen him before!" He placed his hand over his forehead, clearly stressed.

"What the fucks going on?" Hoseok looked to Yoongi for help.

Seokjin raised his hand, walking over to Yoongi. "Allow me to explain."

Yoongi refused to look at him when Seokjin draped his arm over his shoulder, slightly leaning on the rigid agent. Seokjin smiled as he played with Yoongi's hair, pushing it aside so he could whisper in the pale boys ear.

"By now you've figured out I brainwashed the two kids, and they think Hoseok is me. But what you don't know is how this is going to end, so I'll tell you a little secret. Poor little Hoseokie doesn't walk out of here alive."

Yoongi snarled and shoved the criminal off of him. "I won't let that happen!"

"You don't have a choice." Seokjin laughed. "If you don't let the kid shoot Hoseok, then your other members all die. TaeTae, little Jiminie, sexy Namjoon...oof, I really hope you'll make the right choice, Yunki."

"You're lying." Yoongi glared coldly. "They're all fine."

Seokjin shrugged, stepping back. "Go ahead. Call my bluff if you really think I'm lying. It's your choice. Lose Hoseok and save the others, or save him and lose everyone else."

"Yoongi?" Hoseok looked at him, worry and confusion in his eyes. "Wh-what's he talking about?"

"He's lying." Yoongi told him, but he had no proof.

Seokjin just laughed. "Either way, you lose. I'll sit back and let you decide. Have fun playing God."

Yoongi's fingers curled into fists at his sides as Seokjin stepped back, leaving him to deal with the situation he had set up.

"Yoongi?" Hoseok questioned again, looking warily at the teen who was still aiming the gun at him.

"He's lying." Yoongi seethed. "The others are all fine."

"How do you know that?" Hoseok asked. "Like, for sure? How?"

"Yeah, Yoongichi?" Seokjin tilted his head. "How do you know?"

"I just do!" Yoongi snapped. "Kid, drop that fucking gun if you don't want me to kill you with it without even firing it."

Alarmed, the kid swung the gun at Yoongi instead, and as soon as he was distracted, Hoseok tackled the teen to the floor.

The gun went skittering across the floor and Yoongi and Seokjin both dove for it.

Yoongi grunted angrily as Seokjin landed on him, rolling over and tried kicking him off.

Seokjin held him down, both their arms straining to fight the other. "You look so good under me." Seokjin laughed, a little out of breath.

"Die." Yoongi snarled, heaving him off.

He scrambled around, onto his stomach, outstretched fingertips just barely scraping the gun-

Bang!

Everyone froze at the gunshot that went off.

The youngest boy, whom they had forgotten about, was wide eyed, trembling like a leaf with the gun pointed out, its tip still smoking.

Immediately, Yoongi checked himself for injuries, and that was all the time Seokjin needed to jump to his feet, race over and scoop up the second gun, pointing it at Yoongi's raised head, standing over him with a victorious grin. "King me."

"Ku-so!" The teen, now handcuffed under Hoseok, gasped.

"Hoseok!" Yoongi went pale at the red blood blooming on the agents white sleeve.

Hoseok looked shocked, staring at the bullet in his arm with eyes that were slowly losing their focus. He fell to the ground, and the bound teen jumped up, racing over to his brother.

Yoongi got to his feet quickly, and Seokjin was right there to pistol whip him across the face, sending him back to the ground.

He stood over the dazed agent, placing his foot on Yoongi's chest, pressing down to keep him pinned. The gun hung at his side, not even needed.

"Let him bleed out." The villain cooed. "He was the bad guy, remember?"

"Hoseok!" Yoongi struggled to get back up, and Seokjin punched him again with the gun, splitting Yoongi's pale cheek open.

"Stay down, dog." Seokjin ordered coldly. "I told you- he doesn't walk out of here alive."

Yoongi ignored the pain and shoved Seokjin's black boot off him, scrambling to his feet. "Ho-"

The criminal tackled him, and Yoongi's breath left him when he landed painfully on his front, Seokjin on his back.

He felt the gun press against the back of his head but that didn't stop him from still struggling to crawl to his fallen team member.

Seokjin sighed deeply. "Don't make me put you under, Yoongi. I want you to be totally coherent when you watch your teammate die in front of your very eyes."

"Go to hell." Yoongi snarled, his nails digging into the cold cement floor as he slowly pulled himself closer to Hoseok, muscles straining under Seokjin.

And then suddenly the weight was lifted off him.

Yoongi didn't look back, didn't risk wasting time, he just raced to Hoseok's side.

"Hobi, Hobi," Yoongi pressed both hands over the agents wound, feeling the blood gush through his fingers. "Stay with me, you're just fine."

Hoseok's eyes weren't opening, but his chest was rising and falling slightly.

Yoongi risked taking one hand away and grabbed his radio from him belt, almost dropping it with blood soaked fingers. "Namjoon! Get an ambulance- we're in the-"

A terrible, familiar shock seized him, coming from the collar around his neck, and the radio slipped from his fingers and clattered to the floor.

"Aw," Yoongi heard Seokjin coo as the criminal walked over. His vision was blurry and he couldn't apply pressure with his arms anymore. "Is the baby tired?"

His hands slipped off Hoseok's arm, and Yoongi crashed to the floor, unable to even groan in pain as he hit the cold cement.

Seokjin's handsome face appeared in front of him for a moment, and the last thing Yoongi saw was a hand reaching out to him, before everything went black.

Hoseok...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 15.2K 68
Cover Graphics by: @_jinniecutie "I'm not going to say that I will take a bullet for you because that's too cliche," he said while gazing deeply in h...
4.8K 536 27
Jeon Jungkook, an aspiring neurologist with dreams of an ideal future, is blindsided when someone from his hidden past resurfaces unexpectedly. Unawa...
84.2K 4K 54
"I am sorry Jimin..." Taehyung whispered as tears ran down his smooth cheeks. "Be free..." Taehyung whispered again. --- Park Jimin is just a regula...
110K 5.5K 33
•TAEGI• "You're such a bad Idol, Taehyung." Yoongi argued with the taller man. "You just used your fame to get into a girl's pants. Don't you feel...