Boys Over Flowers: How It Sho...

By cutestuff024

Jun Pyo is back in Seoul and is finally ready to face Jan Di after she chose to be with Ji Hoo. Are they read... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Bonus Chapter): The Heist
Chapter 24 (Bonus Chapter): The Heist
Chapter 25 (Bonus Chapter): The Heist

Chapter 20

868 29 12
By cutestuff024

"And there, right in the middle of my chaos – there was you." - Unknown

Chapter 20

Ji Hoo woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs sizzling in the kitchen. He was still in his pajamas when he found Jan Di bent over the stove happily humming to herself.

"It smells amazing." The aroma of breakfast made his mouth water.

She paused long enough to walk over to him and give him a quick peck on the cheek.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked, holding the spatula.

"I did. You?"

"Like a baby," she said, as she flipped an egg over.

Sure, you did.

Ji Hoo shook his head, though her back was turned so she didn't see it. He knew Jan Di had been in and out of his room checking up on him all night. He pretended to be fast asleep every time she came in so she wouldn't feel bad about waking him. But he felt her every time she touched his forehead, or checked his pulse, or even when she simply sat on the chair in his room and stared at him as he slept. He was aware of it every time.

"So, what's the plan today?" he asked as she set the plates of food on the table.

"Whatever you want," she said.

They both sat down and started eating breakfast, and Ji Hoo couldn't help but think this would be their every day soon.

"What are you smiling about?" she asked, her head cocked to the side.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out," he winked.

"Oh, is it now?" she teased back. "Is this how you're going to be when we're a married couple?"

"Of course not," he answered, but his tone was playful. He leaned closer and whispered, "I'll be much, much worse."

She rolled her eyes, but he saw a spot of pink appear on her cheeks.

An idea popped into his head.

"Hey, remember that Buddhist temple we went to many years ago? The one where we wrote wishes on tablets?"

She arched an eyebrow at him. "You want to go there?"

"Yes."

He thought she would ask why, but she just shrugged and said, "Okay".

The ride to the temple took them almost two hours. Mr. Gil drove them there. Halfway through the drive, Ji Hoo felt Jan Di's head plop onto his shoulder. He put an arm around her and held her the rest of the way.

"Are we here to make a wish?" She asked, as she pushed him around the temple. Not much had changed since they were last there.

"No." He gave her a sly grin. "The last time we were here, you wished for my happiness and I wished for you to get into medical school. Both came true. I'm here to say thanks."

"So, you have nothing more to wish for?" She eyed him curiously.

"Well, all my wishes point to you." The words came out of his lips so naturally, as if he was merely telling her his name. He looked up at her. "What about you? Anything you want to wish for?"

"Oh sure, ask me that now," Jan Di muttered. Anything she said now would be lame compared to what he just revealed.

The sun beat down on them, its heat scorching and angry. She could see droplets of sweat forming around Ji Hoo's forehead.

"Wait here," she instructed him. "I'll go grab us some water."

Ji Hoo watched her disappear into the back of a gray building. He sat there waiting, admiring the statues that lined one side of the pathway. They were white, either made with marble or ivory, and each around two feet in height.

A few monks passed by, and one particular monk paused to study him. The monk wore a long gray robe, with a gray hat that covered most of his head. He gave a polite bow in greeting, and the monk smiled at him. Just then, Jan Di appeared from behind the building and started walking back to him, carrying two bottles of water. The monk looked at him, then at Jan Di, then back at him.

"I see you are still with your lotus flower." The monk said, making Ji Hoo jump inside.

"You remember that? I mean... you remember us?" Ji Hoo couldn't believe his ears. It had been so long since they were last there.

"Your face is not easily forgotten." The monk answered. "Did your lotus flower give you a family?"

The smile on his face reached his eyes. He thought of Grandfather. "Yes. She gave me back my grandfather."

The monk leaned forward. "She will give you more than that." And with that, he left.

"What did the monk say?" Jan Di asked as she handed him a bottle of water. Ji Hoo's face was flushed and he couldn't stop smiling. He couldn't bring himself to speak for a few minutes and just stared at her with a huge grin on his face. He took several small sips of water, deliberately taking his time with each sip.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "Are you going to tell me?"

"He told me the future." He beamed at her.

She tapped her foot on the ground, waiting for him to continue.

"He said we'll be very happy together."

She pouted. "I could have told you that, you know."

They visited the temple and said a little prayer inside, then went and looked at the other structures that surrounded it.

After a couple of hours, he decided it was time to go. "We should probably head back," he informed her. "We wouldn't want to be late for Kang San's fashion show."

...

"Noona! You made it!" Kang San squealed. "For a minute I thought you guys wouldn't show up." His face became sad when he saw Ji Hoo. "Hyung, how are you feeling?"

A corner of Ji Hoo's mouth lifted. "Never better. Guess who promised to never leave my side now?"

"Ha ha. Way to go, hyung!" Kang San gave Ji Hoo a high five.

Jan Di glared at them, but they pretended not to notice.

"Thanks for coming, by the way," Kang San said, his eyes full of hope.

"Are you guys ready?" she asked.

"As ready as we'll ever be, I suppose."

The campus was packed, and Jan Di couldn't tell whether most of them were students or spectators. Min Kyu and Joo Won stood beside Kang San, nervously shifting from side to side.

They had a stage set up in the middle of the square and rows of folding seats were neatly arranged in front of it. The stage had a huge spotlight shining on it, and streams of colorful lights were hung around the bottom. Instead of booths, small tables lined up the right side of the stage, each with a couple of boxes that Jan Di guessed were full of shirts, and manned by one to two eager-faced students.

"I'll stay close to our table and be ready for orders after the show." Kang San explained. "Min Kyu and Joo Won can show you guys backstage." His eyes darted nervously around. "Are Yi Jung and Ga Eul almost here?"

Jan Di checked her phone. "No, but I'll give them a call."

The phone rang five times before Ga Eul picked up.

"Jan Di, we're stuck in traffic. We're running a little late."

She winced. "How late are we talking about?"

"We're not sure. The cars aren't moving. Apparently, there's a really bad accident up ahead."

She looked at the time. It was almost five o' clock. All the other participants had already gone backstage.

"Okay. Just be careful. We'll... figure something out." Somehow.

And with that, she hung up. She walked back to their little group, and her heart sank when she saw the boys' expectant faces.

"Yi Jung sunbae and Ga Eul are stuck in traffic." Jan Di had to break the bad news. "They may not make it in time."

"What about Woo Bin and Hye Jin?" Ji Hoo suggested. "They're supposed to be here, too."

Jan Di shook her head. "I don't see them anywhere so they might also be stuck in traffic. Apparently, there's a huge accident coming out of downtown."

Kang San lowered his chin to his chest, and he looked about to cry.

Jan Di held his hand. "I'll do it. I'll go up there with one of your classmates."

Min Kyu and Joo Won looked doubtfully at Ji Hoo.

"It's fine." Ji Hoo assured them. "I promise I won't go hulk on you guys."

The look of relief on the boys' faces almost made him laugh out loud.

"Did it start yet?" Jae Kyung's cheery voice sliced through their somber mood. They didn't even notice she and Jun Pyo had arrived. Jun Pyo had his hands clasped behind his back and did not look happy to be there.

"No, you guys are right on time. Jan Di's just about to go backstage," Ji Hoo replied.

"For what?" Jae Kyung's eyes did a quick sweep around, trying to figure out what was happening around her. There seemed to be a steady stream of people arriving, and the empty seats in front of the stage were rapidly dwindling.

"They're doing a fashion show on these shirts," Ji Hoo explained, holding one up for them to see. "Yi Jung and Ga Eul were supposed to wear these, but they're still stuck in traffic, so we have no choice but to send Jan Di."

"I'll wear it," Jae Kyung offered. She picked up the shirt and inspected it closely. Her face lit up and she giggled. "I think it's super cute! Look at the little penguin!"

"Cute? Puppies are cute. Babies are sort of cute. This..." Jun Pyo picked up a shirt. "This is the opposite of cute! It's like... the anti-cute!"

Jae Kyung ignored him and turned towards Kang San and his classmates. "Now, who wants to wear the other one with me?"

Both Min Kyu and Joo Won's lips parted, and their face went slack. In a flash they were beside Jae Kyung, their bright and glossy eyes never leaving her face.

Jae Kyung stood there, long hair sleek and straight falling almost to her waist, wearing a white top paired with a peach blazer, black skinny jeans, and a pair of three-inch black high heels. She already looked like a model.

"I volunteer!" Joo Won and Min Kyu said in unison. Both boys grabbed the matching shirt and started fighting over it.

"Let me wear it!" Joo Won exclaimed. "I'm older so it should be me!"

"Uh uh," Min Kyu argued. "I'm taller so I'd look better beside her." He smirked. "Besides, the penguin design was my idea."

Joo Won stuck his lower lip out and Min Kyu won the fight. He marched behind the stage with Jae Kyung, following her like a lovesick puppy. He looked absolutely smitten with her.

Woo Bin came running up to them. As soon as he reached the gang, he stopped to take a breath.

"Did you run all the way here from downtown?" Ji Hoo joked.

"I didn't want to be late." His eyes scanned the crowd. "Have you guys seen Hye Jin anywhere? Is she here?"

Ji Hoo shook his head. "Wasn't she supposed to come with you?"

Woo Bin's face fell. "I don't know where she is. She's not picking up her phone." He scratched his head. "Maybe she got held up at work?" He pressed some keys on his cell.

"I'm sorry we're late." Yi Jung's voice broke in, and Ga Eul was not far behind him. "I swear, I didn't plan that accident on purpose."

Ji Hoo looked up at Yi Jung from his wheelchair. "We'd never think that of you, Yi Jung."

Jan Di gave them all an appreciative nod. "We're good. Jae Kyung volunteered to go with Min Kyu."

"Jae Kyung volunteered?" Yi Jung wondered in amazement. "Man, that girl's got guts." A pause. "Either that or she's color blind."

"I thought Jun Pyo was here, too?" Woo Bin asked, looking around.

"He was." Ji Hoo answered. "Maybe he went backstage to talk Jae Kyung out of it?"

Backstage, Jae Kyung took her blazer off and put on the neon orange shirt. It sat just a little past her hips, and she tucked it in neatly, making sure the penguin and the arrow could still be seen.

"What are you doing?" An annoyed voice called out. Jun Pyo came striding towards them, his mouth twisted and his brows almost touching.

"I'm going to do a fashion show. You?" Jae Kyung answered calmly. "Are you here for moral support? Or to be anti-cute?"

Jun Pyo's mouth twitched but he kept silent.

Min Kyu wore his shirt and they stood side by side, looking very much like a couple. Though Jae Kyung was older than Min Kyu, he stood a couple of inches taller than her.

Jun Pyo frowned as his eyes took them in. "This is a couple fashion show?"

"Duh. Hence, the couple shirts." Jae Kyung said.

They heard music being played and knew that the fashion show had begun. They were seventh in line to walk. Jae Kyung examined the other couples in the lineup. Their shirts were cute, but she thought them too plain and boring. Her shirt, on the other hand, screamed so loud it could wake the dead, and she thought it was the most interesting one of the bunch. Min Kyu offered Jae Kyung his arm and she hooked her arm on his.

Jun Pyo watched them, at war within himself. Finally, he muttered a resigned "Aish!" and made his decision.

"Take it off." He barked at Min Kyu.

"Excuse me?"

"I said take it off."

"I can't. We're about to go on stage soon."

Jun Pyo took out several bills from his wallet. "I'll buy it off you."

Min Kyu's mouth dropped open. "But the show..."

"Yeah, what are you doing? We can't abandon these kids." Jae Kyung narrowed her eyes at him. "Go buy another shirt."

"I'll wear it with her," he mumbled. Min Kyu had to strain his ears to hear him, as the music was so loud. "Take it off." He repeated, his tone firm. The kid was wasting precious time. His time.

Min Kyu hesitantly took the shirt off and handed it to him, who wrinkled his nose before putting it on.

Jae Kyung watched him in shock. "Are you sure you're up for this?"

"It's not like I have a choice."

She raised her brow at that. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, that kid has probably never done a fashion show in his life. Whereas I have lots of experience with it. So if we want Kang San to win, I would be the perfect guy to do it with you." He knew Jae Kyung wasn't buying it, but at that moment he didn't care.

She hooked her arm around him, a small smile playing on the corner of her lips, and saw his expression soften.

"Can I give you a piece of advice?" Jae Kyung whispered in his ear.

"Sure."

"Try not to look so constipated all the time. Lighten up! Or I'll give you nothing but prune juice on our flight back," she teased.

Jun Pyo's mouth fell open and he stared at her incredulously. "You really have no filter in you, do you?"

She rolled her eyes, unaffected by his gaze. "I'm just saying. Look here, you're only going to be out there for what? Two, maybe three minutes tops. You should go and enjoy it. Show them what the heir of Shinhwa is made of. Prove to them that no matter what you're wearing, you'd kill it." She paused, then added, "unless you don't think you can do it?"

Her tone was clearly a challenge, and Jun Pyo rose to the occasion.

"Of course I can." He answered, as he straightened his stance.

"Then show them."

The crowd went wild as soon as Jun Pyo and Jae Kyung stepped onto the stage. They held hands as they walked in their matching neon-orange shirts, looking very much like the couple that they were supposed to represent. Jae Kyung flashed her brilliant smile at everyone, while Jun Pyo wore his trademark scowl. They twirled at the center of the small stage, pausing for a few seconds for maximum effect, and listened to the deafening roar of the crowd.

Cameras flashed in a blinding frenzy. The screams were so loud Jan Di was certain she'd go deaf. She couldn't believe her eyes. Jun Pyo even looked like he was enjoying it out there (she swore she could see a hint of a smile beyond that scowl).

"Did I show them or what?" Jun Pyo sneered at Jae Kyung once they were behind the stage again.

"I gotta say, that was pretty impressive," Jae Kyung admitted.

Jun Pyo thrust his chest out and folded his arms across his chest. He looked absolutely smug. "And you doubted me."

...

The shirts sold out within ten minutes after the fashion show, and they even had orders for a hundred more shirts to be printed, all fully paid for. Kang San and his teammates were literally jumping up and down around their table. Even the principal came to officially congratulate the boys.

"Dude, you got the heir of Shinhwa AND the heir of JK Group to model those shirts for you?" Kang San's group mates exclaimed in disbelief. "You. Are. The. Man!"

Kang San looked and felt like he was ten feet tall. A large group of people crowded around Kang San and his team, and Jan Di could tell her brother was soaking up every minute of their victory.

"Guess who the most popular guy on campus is now?" Ji Hoo observed, as they all stared at Kang San proudly.

Jan Di and her friends waited for the crowd to ease a little before they approached Kang San's table. Kang San ran to Jae Kyung, eyes brimming with admiration and worship.

"Thank you! Thank you, my favorite noona!" His arms wrapped around a stunned Jae Kyung, who hugged him back after a moment's hesitation.

"Anytime, Kang San. It was fun!"

"Hyah!" Jan Di protested. "I'm right here, you know."

Kang San scoffed. "Look, if umma can call Ji Hoo her favorite son, then there's no reason I can't call Jae Kyung my favorite noona."

"He has a point there," Ji Hoo pointed out, while Jan Di directed her scowl at him.

"Oh sure, now you're taking his side?"

"Only for today." Ji Hoo winked.

"Well, that was way better than I hoped it would be," Yi Jung said, giving Jun Pyo a huge pat on the back. "Yup. I'm so glad it turned out this way."

Ga Eul sniggered. "I'm sure you are."

Yi Jung's eyes suddenly went wide, and he turned to Ji Hoo. "Wait. Does that mean..." His shoulders slumped. "...no Bohemian Rhapsody?"

Ji Hoo raised both palms up in the air. "Sorry, bud. Our deal was for you to do it so..."

"Hey, where did Woo Bin sunbae go?" Jan Di surveyed the faces of the crowd around them and Woo Bin was nowhere to be found.

"He left half an hour ago. I think he's worried about Hye Jin," Ga Eul answered. "She told me she couldn't make it today as she had a meeting to go to."

"And she didn't tell him that?"

"No. I told him it was probably a meeting he wasn't invited to and he took off right after." Ga Eul tapped her chin, pondering. "It was like he knew what it was."

Jan Di gave Ga Eul a worried look. "Do you think she's okay?"

Ga Eul nodded. "She just texted me ten minutes ago apologizing again for not making it today."

"I hope they're okay then." Jan Di couldn't shake the feeling that something was up.

"Hey, it's Woo Bin." Yi Jung reminded them. "For all you know, Hye Jin's just stuck in a work meeting and Woo Bin's just checking up on her. He's probably going to get screamed at for interrupting."

...

Hye Jin wrung her hands repeatedly as she sat inside a chic little Italian restaurant in the popular tourist neighborhood of Itaewon. She kept pulling the hem of her baby blue dress down, her mind in a panic about whether she had dressed properly for the occasion. She arrived a half an hour early, not wanting the matron of the Song clan to wait for her. Her heart was racing so fast she wondered if maybe she was having a heart attack. The glass of water that the waitress brought sat empty on the table. The waitress had refilled it a few times already, but Hye Jin found herself very thirsty that evening.

There were many people at the restaurant, most of them too observed in their own lives to notice her. Hye Jin didn't mind; she was used to being invisible.

When she got the call to meet Woo Bin's mother, she almost passed out in a panic. She recalled the very firm command she received at the end: "Woo Bin is not to know about this. You are not to talk to him or mention this."

Her phone started vibrating in her purse. She took it out and bit her lip.

Woo Bin.

She put the phone back in her purse, her hands shaking uncontrollably. She'd have to call him later and explain everything.

That is, if she survived the meeting.

She felt bad about missing out on the fashion show, and for ignoring Woo Bin's calls, but she knew from the tone of the call that it was not a request. From the information Woo Bin had told her so far, she knew his family, (ergo, his mother), was not a woman she wanted to cross. She was already invisible to most, but she did not want to disappear from everyone for good.

The door opened and a tall, modelesque girl walked in. She was stunning – the kind you can't stop staring at even when she's looking right at you. Her face, her hair, her figure, even the way she walked, was perfect. Heads in every table turned to gawk at her.

She tore her eyes away and looked down at her hands.

"Gosh. The traffic to get here was just ridiculous." A voice startled her.

She looked up and the girl who just walked in sat in front of her. Her eyes widened, and her mouth formed a perfect O.

"I'm sorry, what?" She asked, finding her voice at last. Was this Woo Bin's mother? If she was, she looked very young. And very beautiful. The girl eyed her up and down, and Hye Jin felt even smaller than normal.

"I said traffic sucks." The girl explained, as she hailed a passing waitress and ordered a glass of wine. "You're Hye Jin, right?"

"Yes. A-are you Woo Bin's mother?" She asked, puzzled.

The girl snorted. "Of course not."

She exhaled, relieved. "I thought you were. Who are you, then?"

The girl grinned. "My name's Kim Hee Won." She extended her hand and Hye Jin shook it. "I'm Woo Bin's fiancée."

...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 108 21
Minho and Jisung has finally reunited. Will they have a fairytale love story till the end, or will things get worse with the addition of new people i...
47.4K 1.4K 61
This is my first Wattpad story. This story takes the concept of 'Boys Over Flowers' but according to my way I have made some changes. Don't miss it...
10.8K 216 18
This is another version of the story for the ones who wanted Jihoo and Jandi to end up together. In a way it's a continuation of the actual drama. It...
47.4K 2K 39
I republish this story after change some of the storyline. The first version is moving too fast and looked unrealistic. I hope everyone will like the...