Blood Queen || COMPLETED

By shatzelyginorio

**Featured on Wattpad Werewolf profile. Female Alpha category** Hush now, lock your doors. When the lights go... More

Welcome!
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Notice
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One

Chapter Three

5K 186 42
By shatzelyginorio

~~~ Hi just popping in really quickly to dedicate this chapter to Seren_ityLauft your comments brighten my day. 😬 That is all, carry on~~~

Wolf Bay.

A nice secluded area near the sea. It's where generations of Alphas have made peace treaties and discussed battle strategies. It's a sacred place where no one can attack. It's neutral territory, protected by the Moon Goddess.

Several decades ago when The Crescent Pack was under attack by the vampires, they sought refuge in Wolf Bay. The moment they set foot on the bay the vampires hissed in pain, unable to follow. Only werewolves are allowed past the invisible shield. No one knows why the Moon Goddess chose this spot to protect, but it is a sacred place nonetheless. It's our safe haven.

As we approach the bay my wolf yips excitedly in my mind at the sight of the clear blue sea up ahead. The sun was beginning to set, casting a calm orange and pink glow in the sky. We pass the imaginary line that separates the bay from the forest and my skin tickles. Warmth spreads through my body as we pass the invisible shield. I look over to see Nick's eyes closed and a peaceful smile on his face. He felt it too. Some believe it's the Moon Goddesses' way of showing her love.

I park the car along the sand next to the others and climb out. Walking toward the cluster of alphas and their betas near the shore. The chatter immediately ceases as they spot me. Some showed fear. Some showed arrogance. Others showed curiosity, but my favorite was the hostility from Blake. Smirking at all the men standing before me I raise my eyebrow.

"Are we going to begin the meeting at some point or will you continue to waste my time by gawking at me?" I sass as I strut past them. Walking into the dilapidated ruins where centuries ago a castle used to stand proud. I reach the raggedy oval table and rigid wooden seats. It's not the most comfortable setup, but it's where we come to gather to reach peaceful resolutions. Sixteen seats in total, nine of them empty. I, of course, opted for the largest one at the head of the table, and growls immediately erupted. I arch a brow and slowly sit down as I stare at them straight on. "Is there a problem Blake?"

He bares his teeth in my direction but his beta whispers in his ear to let it go. I grin as I make myself comfortable and lean back. Nick fights a smile as he tries to remain serious at my side.

"No." He answers as he and the others take their seats.

"Fantastic. Now someone explain why I have been summoned away from my pack." I state in a strong, commanding voice. As imagined their alpha pride did not take well to the tone.

"We did not think you would actually show." Mentioned one alpha as he tried to hold my stare. In the end, his eyes averted and he cleared his throat. My red eyes can be too much for some to see, unnerving.

"If not for my beta, I wouldn't have. He suggested I attend this meeting because after all, it's not every day the big boys admit they need a woman's help. Perhaps you've grown weak, in which case taking over your packs should be a piece of cake."

I joke, holding back my smile as they immediately break out in an explosion of rage. All but one, the oldest of us. John, the current alpha of Crescent Pack. He settles them down and turns to look at me, staring steadily into my eyes as he speaks.

"It is true Alpha Lume. We summoned you because we indeed need your help. The enemy we face, you've encountered them before... and survived." He begins "Of course the majority of your old pack did not. We are very interested in how exactly is it that a group of sixteen-year-olds were able to escape the clutches of such vicious bloodthirsty wolves when not even the late Alpha Lume could?"

My back straightens as I stare at him. My body grows hot with anger at the mention of those wild beasts. The alphas stare at me, sensing my shift in mood.

"They are no ordinary rogues." He continues "They possess abilities no other wolf has. They move so fast they blur. Their strength can overpower even the strongest of alphas."

"I am well aware of their... abilities" I growl out lowly.

"How did you escape?" Blake huffs out impatiently, a dangerous trait for an Alpha to have. I would know. He focused his grey eyes on me.

"My father sacrificed himself." I answer curtly through gritted teeth.

John's face softened a bit, but the urgency remained "I am very sorry for your loss. I understand what it is like to face such evil. My father also sacrificed himself to give us a chance to seek refuge here in Wolf Bay. But as we well know, the enemy we face is of our own kind. Meaning that unfortunately, this sacred place is not a viable escape option. As a species, we've all had our fair share of battles over territory. And on occasion, even over love but never something of this nature."

"They are a traitorous group of mutts with no respect or regard for pack law or our way of life. They have no reason for the atrocities committed and simply kill for sport. They must be dealt with." Blake added rage filling his features.

"Alora." Began Ryder, alpha of the Kaytar Pack "The route they have taken in their attacks lead us to believe they are heading straight for Ember Territory."

"What do you mean?" Nick pipes up as he steps forward to stand directly beside me. The alphas look at him like a servant speaking out of turn. I nod at Ryder to answer him. He in turn motions for his beta to open a map and straightened it out before us all. We all take a moment to study it. The detailed map sectioned off each pack's territory within the entirety of the United States.

"The last sighting was four states over in Illinois. The alpha of the Sinter Pack sent a warning to Kaytar moments before they were killed." Says his beta in a solemn tone and Ryder nods in affirmation. "The route they are taking at first seemed senseless and out of order. They would attack a pack and then backtrack. It didn't make sense so we began to map it out and this is the result we got."

I study the map and see a staccato line of red dots, each one marking another attack, another fallen pack. They formed a teardrop-shaped trail reaching across thirteen states leading to a closed point here in Delaware. Nine states were fully marked, the same number of empty seats at this table. Some states were not yet marked but were still circled into the trajectory. I stare at it long and hard trying to make sense of it.

Why are they attacking in such a strange but calculated way? Why were they only targeting thirteen packs as opposed to all sixteen? What do they want? Why are they doing this?

"It appears that with each attack they always take ten victims. They are getting closer and their numbers are growing. It appears they are forming an army. We need to do something. If you have anything, any insight on how we can beat them? A weakness of some sort? At this point, anything will do." Ryder asks, a pinch of frustration in his voice.

I stare at the dots and feel my mind chugging like a train through heavy fog as I attempt to decipher what this could all mean. The last attack was only four states away. Four. That's nothing. They can be here by tomorrow with how fast they move. I need to get back to Ember. Now. We have to amp up our training. We need to prepare.

"One thing is clear." I announce my eyes trained on the map "Whatever they are planning, it will come to a close here. Ember Pack appears to be the last target on their killing spree. So if you'll excuse me, gentlemen, I have an attack to prepare for."

Standing up I don't spare them a second glance as I leave. Nick follows close behind, face contorting into a snarl. The alphas called out after us but we were already speeding out of the bay. The moon's light shining down on us, neither of us spoke. It wasn't until a few miles outside of our land that the silence was broken.

"They're closer than we thought." Nick grunts as his hands tighten into fists. "They're coming back to finish what they started."

"They won't have the satisfaction," I growl out. "As you said, we're ready for them this time."

I stomp on the gas pedal as far as it'll go, determined to get back as quick as possible. We need to train like we've never trained before. That means silver training for the warriors and even more hand to hand training for the entire pack. The children have been pulling their fair share with their self-defense training but we need to ramp that up as well. No member of my pack is ever defenseless but there is always room for improvement.

'Jocelyn' I mind link and she responds in an instant.

'Yes, alpha.'

'I need you to put protocol two into effect.'

She remains silent for a moment 'Are you sure?'

'I am certain. Make sure the teenagers and the children remember what they are to do should the pack ever fall. I want all warriors and fighters training twice as hard. They are coming for us. We need to be ready when they do.'

'Consider it done.'

Satisfied with her answer I focused my mind back on the road. Something dashes across the road and my body slams forward. The seatbelt shoved my body back against the seat with so much force, it hurt me more than the actual crash. Nick grunts in pain as his head bangs against the dashboard. Smoke coming from the crumpled up hood as a body slid out of the dent. I hit a man. A man that didn't appear fazed that he stopped a speeding car with nothing but his body. His black eyes stare straight into mine, his pale face smirking in delight.

Vampire.

Shit. I look over and see Nick glaring into the forest and that's when a whole clan of them emerges.

"Alora is it?" He says as he slowly steps to the side.

I bare my teeth as I growl. Anger pumping furiously through my veins while my wolf begs to come out. Nick and I get out of the car and the vampire arches his eyebrow.

"You think the both of you can escape this?" He smirks as they all begin to close in on us. His smug expression morphing into one of confusion as I laughed.

"You think you can?" I question as I cock my head to the side. Not a second later numerous growls erupted as my wolves came up behind them, Julian among them. He shook his head and a sinister smile formed as he stared at me.

"There will be death here today unless I get what I want." He grins and more vampires come. A lot more. Guns in their hands. "We know you train with silver. We've studied you long enough, but no amount of training can save you from a silver bullet to the brain. It's up to you Ms. Lume. What'll it be?"

"What can I do for you?" I ask in a bored tone.

He studies me from head to toe before shaking his head "It appears you haven't triggered the gene yet. Perhaps I should bring you home to mother. She'll know how to activate it."

"Over my dead body. You're not taking her anywhere." Says Nick venomously.

The vampire smiles wide, fangs extending "As you wish."

One of the vampires pulls his trigger and the silver bullet flies through the air with incredible speed. The only thing registering in my mind is that Nick is in danger. I dash towards him knocking him onto his back as the bullet goes straight through my chest.

I look down as the blood begins to seep through my shirt. Nick looks up with horror all over his face. I look at the vampire and he is staring at me curiously. All of this happening within seconds.

Feeling my body begin to fall Nick catches me.

With my dying breath, I whisper "Kill them all."

The End

~~~A/N~~~
Lmao nah I'm just kidding. Does anybody else just absolutely hate their day job? Show of hands 🙋🏻‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 6.3K 33
There's no escaping love when you've found your mate. Amelia Whitlock knows that for sure. But what happens if, that so called mate of hers, was her...
4K 917 30
Clara Mainn wasn't expecting a man with red eyes, black claws, and teeth as sharp as razors to attack in the night. Suddenly thrown into a world of...
402K 14.7K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...
216K 9.9K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...