Royalty Swapped

By Ullasini

Juhi Mitra The Crown Princess of Medhinapur, South Karnataka. Cliche much? Well then, what if I told you tha... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Cast and Character Introductions
~ Chapter.1 ~
~ Chapter.2 ~
~ Chapter.3 ~
~ Chapter.4 ~
~ Chapter.5 ~
~ Chapter.6 ~
Author's Note
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
~ Chapter.8 ~
Chapter.9
Chapter.10
Author's Note
~ Chapter.11 ~
~ Chapter.12 ~
~ Chapter.13 ~
~ Chapter.14 ~
~ Chapter.15 ~
~ Chapter.16 ~
Chapter.17
Chapter.18
Chapter.19
Chapter.20
Chapter.21

~ Chapter.7 ~

22 1 4
By Ullasini

Finally, it's time that our leads meet! Let's get this going
Happy reading fellas!

Arvindha Bhatia's POV

"Gosh finally we're here, I thought I'll have motion sickness to by the time we got off this cursed bus!" Rishab said as we moved to the bus's rear end to collect our luggage.

I and Svasthi too were tired from the overnight journey to Medhinapur and couldn't agree more with Rishab except thankfully we both didn't have any nausea or motion sickness.

" Uff, so this is where we'll be staying for the next one year huh? " Svasthi asked herself as we moved towards the small tent set up at the opposite end of the bus stand with the wordings, "Welcome to Medhinapur Province, medical staff."

Six men in security gear guided us, and the twenty other medical staff that had arrived with us towards what looked like the entrance to the palace of Medhinapur.

"Atleast we'll be getting some royal treatment from the looks of it." Rishab said while we couldn't agree more, strangely whatever he said today was hard to protest against like we usually did.

We continued to walk down the street and soon arrived at a large clearing with a beautiful lake filled with blue lotus, beyond which we could see the Royal Palace.

( That is the lake and you can imagine the Royal Palace beyond it. )

"You can all rest up till afternoon, by lunch all the medical tents will be arranged after which you can get to work. Each one of you has been given a separate guest room with your names on it, the keys are here with us you can collect them and start moving. Do let us know if you'll need anything else, we'll be happy to help.", an elderly looking guard said gesturing towards a small wooden path leading into a secluded portion we had failed to notice.

( This is the image I have for their guest cottages.)

As we all moved along collecting our room keys with our name tags attached to them, Svasthi said, "I like it here, I mean they seem friendly enough unlike most royal guards and I'm sure we'll be comfortable enough.".

"Yeah true that plus I'm hungry so let's go." I said as we moved along with others.

There were nearly fifty guest cottages all looking cozy and warm, yet modern, Medhinapur indeed did stand up to it's royal standards. When I had out of curiosity researched about it quite some interesting facts had emerged up, Rishab whistled as he found his cottage, " Guys I'm going to freshen up and meet you at the breakfast lounge." And disappeared in.

Meanwhile I and Svasthi spotted our rooms which thankfully were only one room apart, mine was 104 while Svasthi's was 106.

"Svasthi I'll come to your room after placing my luggage",

"Sure" she said as we both entered our respective rooms.

( Arvindha's Cottage )

My room had a comfortable bed, with a little working desk, television, air conditioner and a washroom with a dressing room attached to it. It was a moderate size but well designed. I dropped off my luggage and only carried my small backpack that had my daily essentials and moved towards Svasthi's room.

As I knocked and waited, I noticed everything was made up of wood and it had a sleek ancient touch to it as well. Upon entering the room I first plugged in my phone and placed my bag on the dressing table as I laid myself down on the bed. Everything was the same in this room too.

" You know Svasthi apparently the royal bloodline here is carried by the female heirs and not the males, and according to my research the next Crown Princess in line Juhi Mitra is in Canada currently for her education." I rambled as Svasthi moved around the room arranging her stuff.

" Yeah and also her parents are no longer as they died in a car crash two years back. Aru I really don't know since I came here I'm liking this place a bit too much for my liking, you know I usually don't get used to new places but here feels so different and homey.".

"I know Svasthi, for this being a free medical camp I totally expected all of us to be sleeping in tents with public washrooms to use, but this is way beyond anything I had imagined. Plus our funds are coming from the Royals themselves they really are generous towards their people and guests." I said, as I picked up my phone to call Veer ajja.

He picked up at once and I put him on speaker so even Svasthi could hear us, " Aru is everything alright there? Are you all comfortable?" he shot his questions immediately.

"Yes ajja it's more than comfortable and we all reached safely, Rishab is in his room, we'll have to go for breakfast soon," I updated.

( Breakfast Lounge Area )

After speaking to Veer ajja, I went to freshen up and both of us left towards the breakfast lounge.

" Rishab was already piling up his plate with food when we arrived, " I must meet the chef here, the food is simply amazing." he praised as we all sat at an empty table with our plates.

" So today we'll just have to set up the medical tents and check the medicine stock right?" Svasthi asked.

"Yeah and from tomorrow the medical campaign will officially start and we'll be busy soon enough." I answered as we continued eating.

We all decided to take rest till noon, while Rishab told us he was going to visit his house which is only 25km from our camp area. We told him to greet his parents from our side and we parted ways. I unpacked my stuff and arranged them in the cupboards provided and placed my textbooks, notepads and stethoscope on my study table and decided to take a nap before lunch.

Lunch was blissful with amazing food, Rishab too returned by the time lunch ended and told us his family was doing good and his younger brother Vihaan too was preparing for his 12th grade finals.

" If you are all done with lunch we can go towards the medical tents, they're ready and you can occupy and settle yourselves." the older guard from earlier told us, as we all got up and followed him towards the camp.

A neat row of twenty white tents were set up facing each other, with a pathway in the centre.

I and Svasthi being the gynaecologists on roll were given two tents in the middle, while Rishab's paediatric tent was diagonally opposite ours.

I got myself busied with arranging the medical supplies and sanitising the interior and laying out disposable sheets on the bed for examination. Only thing left was setting up the curtains around the bed for privacy, and being short took the chair to help myself, as I was focused on putting up the curtains I didn't realise I was on the chair and moved too fast and yelped in shock, just as I thought I would hit the ground. Instead two arms steadied me by my waist.

As I turned around thinking it was Rishab, I was instead met with two dark brown orbs, which widened upon seeing my face, I mean do I look that stupid?

"Juhi just what are you doing here? And how are you able to stand?", the man in front of me shot questions to which I could only blink in confusion.

Yay! Ok I know you guys are frustrated with the cliffhanger.
Sorry fellas, I ought to create some tension you see.
Let's see what happens between Arvindha and Dhruv in the next chapter.
Sadly he thinks that's Juhi!😂

Do comment, like and share.
See ya soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.5K 4.3K 46
{ ✨💞 it's a ROM-COM book 💞✨} [ He fell first but she fell harder.] Manik Malhotra: He is a successful businessman, known for his sharp mind and cun...
7.6K 785 32
"I thought you hated hugs" , I voiced out as he wrapped his arms ever so gently around me. "I still do, but hugs from you are an exception", he pull...
11.6K 1.2K 27
Hey lovely readers, this is my second story based on Abhisha. (My first story was "Abhisha - Hate To Love". So those who haven't read it yet, kindly...
4.5K 310 22
Her mobile rang... Disturbing her sleep She opened her eyes by scrunching her face looked towards the source of the sound trying to reach it she felt...