Why Did You Do It?

By cheesehead

Jared Shay and Angela Nicolson were the best of friends when they were younger. Their parents were best frien... More

Why Did You Do It? Ch. 2 (PICTURE OF ANGIE)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 3 (PICTURE OF JARED)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 4 (PICTURE OF ALLIE)
READERS MUST READ THIS. PLEASE?
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 5
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 6 (PICTURE OF KATE)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 7
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 8 (PICTURE OF IZZY)
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 9
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 10
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 11
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 12
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 13
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 14
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 15
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 16
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 17
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 18
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 19
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 20
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 21
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 22
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 23
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 24
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 25
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 26
Why Did You Do It? Ch. 27

Why Did You Do It?

394K 2.3K 320
By cheesehead

Hey Guys! Cheesehead here<333

So this is my new story......welll okay not TECHNICALLY new bc I finished it in March 2010!! So since this is already finished like Taking Money I can upload anytime i get alot of votes XD soo PLEASE check this out and VOTE VOTE VOTE<3333

Thanks Everyone! Let me Know what you think!

Cheesehead :)

Chapter One

    Nine Years Ago-

          Angela's mom put a few last minute things in the car before calling out for her daughter. The car was finally fully packed and the key was in the ignition. Angela's mom, Jessica, called for Angela again, becoming impatient.

          A furry filled nine year old girl came storming out of the house. Her frizzy brown hair was pulled into a tight ponytail at the back of her head. She gritted her teeth, which were in braces, as she clenched her fists. "Gela," A little boy called after her.

          The little girl spun around, glaring at the boy. "Do not call me that, Jared," She snapped.

       "But you love that name," Jared argued with a smile. Actually, Angela never agreed that she liked the nickname. Jared just decided one day that he was going to be different, and call her that.

          "What's wrong?" Jessica asked.

          "Nothing," Angela snapped.

          "Honey, I can tell when something is wrong," Jess sighed.

          "Mrs.  Nicolson, could I talk with Angela for a moment?" Jared asked.

          Jessica looked at Jared, and then looked over at her angry daughter. When she looked back at Jared, she saw the pleading look on his face. "Alright," She sighed, "Jared, I'll go talk with your Mother. Angie, we're leaving soon."

          When Jess left, Angela crossed her arms over her chest. "What?" She snapped, "What do you have to say to me?"

          "That I'm sorry?" He asked.

          "So you need to question it?" She growled.

          "I am sorry though," He pressed.

          "Well I don't want you're sorry," She spat, "And I'm not coming back next year."

          Jared's eyes widened, and he said, "What?"

          "I'm not," Angela repeated, "I'm too freaked out to come back. You won't see me again Jared."

          "But you're my best friend," He whispered.

          Angela gulped, because she hated those words coming out of his mouth. Jared was so cute. He had long black hair that covered his cat green eyes. His nose had dark freckles and a scar near his nose from when she scratched him. Angela wanted to be more then friends with Jared. She had a huge crush on him, but he betrayed her, and only wanted to be friends.

         "I'm sorry J," She muttered, wiping away a tear that slid down her cheek. Jared looked shocked that he made her cry. He started walking towards her, but she just backed away.

          "It was an accident," He told her.

          "It was scary," She snapped, "What if we got caught? We still could, they haven't really examined anything yet."

          "We won't get caught," He promised.

          Angela looked at Jared's sure eyes, and then at the old beach house their parents shared. She shook her head, and pressed her lips tightly together. "You always get caught Jared," She whispered.

          A slow blush covered Jared's cheeks, and he smiled. "You know me too well," He laughed.

       "Well enough to know we'll get caught," Angela answered.

          "It wasn't that big of a deal," He laughed.

          "Jared, do you know what would happen if your Dad found out," Angela hissed, "Your head would be hung on the mantle!"

          Jared winced, and looked down at the gravel driveway, and smiled. "As long as your head is sitting next to me," He joked.

          It was sweet, in a way, but the thought of her head being hung on the fire place mantle. It gave her big chills. "Do you think he's hurt badly," Angela asked in a small murmur.

         The nine year old Jared looked at his best friend. The humidity was getting to Angela's hair, making it frizz more and stick out. She had just gotten braces on so her teeth were still crooked. Her nose was pointy, with ears that didn't work with her head. Her lips and hands were always chapped, so when Jared held her hand, it was like he was holding on to sand paper.

        The only thing that was truly pretty about Angela was her chocolaty brown eyes. They had specks of green in them, and they shown when she was happy.

          Angela was the complete opposite of her sister, Isabel. Isabel was older though, and didn't come to the beach house anymore. Izzy didn't care about Angela as much as Jared did. She didn't take the time to get to know her younger sister, or to even help her out.

          "But let's just not tell anyone," Angela whispered, "Please, let's just not tell anyone."

         "I promise," He sighed, "I won't even tell Chester." Chester was Jared's new puppy and so far Jared had told him everything. Well almost everything- he told Gela everything.

          "And I won't tell Izzy," She promised, and then stepped away. She held out her hand, and Jared took his big one into hers. They had a firm handshake, and smiled at each other.

          "Ready to go my Angie," Jess asked, coming out of the house.

           Angela took one long look at the house, and nodded. "Just in case if I decide not to come back," She whispered, and then hugged Jared tightly. Jared was surprised at first, but then hugged her back.

          When they pulled away, Jess was smiling at them. "You too are so cute," She laughed, "Come on Angie, let's go. We'll see you next summer Jared!"

          "Bye J," Angela murmured.

          "Bye Gela," He smiled, and then stepped back. Jess took Angela's hand, and they walked towards the car. Angie got in the back, and immediately checked out the window to make sure Jared was still there.

          He was there.

          He stood in the same spot, with a small smile, and a wave of his hand. "Buckle up," Jess warned. Angela buckled up, eyes still glued on Jared, and gave a small wave.

          Jess pulled out of the long gravel driveway, and Jared's figure slowly got smaller and smaller. He continued to wave though, because even though he wanted Angela to come back next year, she wouldn't. Angela was tough, but when it came to getting in trouble, she chickened out.

          Jared never chickened out though. He was as tough as nails. That might have been the reason Angela hung around him- to become as tough as him.

          That wasn't the way things would continued though, because Angela didn't come back. She left that driveway, and drove away. She didn't come back for nine years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 1.1K 31
*3rd Place Winner-The Writer's Award 2021* "I see bright flashing lights. Emergency lights. I'm on the pavement. It's raining. I hear voices of EMTs...
2.6K 169 38
Years after her parent's died in a mysterious house fire, Cassandra Ricci just isn't the same. Constantly throwing her heart out there and once it fi...
8.6M 360K 54
THANK YOU, Wattpad, for the HQ Love Watty Award! Concept: A mysterious young woman flees from her troubled past only to discover it is impossible to...
717 22 28
HIGHEST RANKING: 303 IN SCIENCE FICTION Isaac Crowley is your average 15 year old boy. He is a sophomore in high school, plays sports, and hangs out...