𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞'𝐬 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬�...

By CallingCollins

"The past fabricates our exposition, but it is not the whole story." Having the well known and beloved... More

Time's Temptress
𝑹𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 | Act One
I | Excruciatingly Electrifying
II | For Love
III | For Community
IV | Of Nuisances
V | Chance Encounters
VI | Swinging Parties
VII | Of Nonsensical Parades
VIII | Spontaneous Visitation
IX | For The Hunt
X | Singular Togetherness
XI | Of Unwanted Pastimes
XII | Confidence in a Stranger
XIII | Melancholy Bottle of Sunshine
𝑫𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 | Act Two
II. I| Beyond The Natural
II. II| For Severe Misguidedness
II. III | Masterful Facades
II. IV | The Lies We Spill
II. V | For Family
II. VI | The Clean Slate
II. VII | Of Historic Revelations
II. VIII | For The Mission
II. IX | The Alliance
II. X | Of Ravenous Aggression
II. XI | The Mayhem
II. XII | The Reckoning
II. XIII | For Us
𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 | Act Three
III. I | The Cullens
III. II | Woman of Trade
III. III | A Brush With Sympathy
III. IV | Turmoil In The Home
III. V | Of Choosing Sides
III. VI | For Crossing The Line
III. VII | A Swan's Natural Diet
III. VIII | Of Being One For The Dramatics
III. IX | For Stubborn Star Crossed Lovers
III. X | The Cycle of Catastrophes
III. XII | For Siblings Fight Dirty
III. XIII | The No Names
III. XIV | Of Danger At Bat
III.XV | For Humanity
III.XVI | The Kindred Spirits
III.XVII | The Two of Us
𝑬𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒉 | End
I | One Shot | Bella's Birthday

III. XI | Of Double Dates

4.2K 180 72
By CallingCollins

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

Another long chapter! Also, another little book art of our warm, country couple. Xx

   "I didn't foresee myself dancing on a veranda in the early morning as something I'd do... but I'm loving it." Jasper chuckled as he twirled his wife around. Her light blue floral sundress flared around her body beautifully, delighting any onlookers at the breakfast lounge.

   The two decided to spend their second day doing joyous thing, since the night before Hannah was sent into a downward spiral. It wasn't as bad as she thought it'd be – her reaction. However, it surely left an imprint on her mind. So, she wrote it all down in her journal made especially for Alice and then, Jasper promised to take her to do something fun the next day.

   He brought her closer when she turned once more, swaying their bodies side to side along the sweet music. Hannah laid her head on his shoulder, smiling gently as she breathed in his heavenly scent. His hand on the small of her back.

   "Seems we have an audience," He murmured in her ear, pressing a light kiss to the shell.

   Her body hummed contently, not wanting to open her eyes. "Do we? I'm not surprised, but if they try to ask you to dance, I'm going to have to disappoint someone." Jasper lightly rolled his eyes at her possessiveness, flattered all the more.

   "You're looking a little green, darling." She smiled against his neck, nipping at his skin playfully.

   "Oh, please. You've done far worse when you've gotten territorial. I can name ten off the top of my head, sweetheart." His chest rumbled with his amusement, spinning them together as he held her tightly. The couple started dancing when the live pianist began his shift, living up the establishment with their effortless grace along the dancefloor. Soon, pairs around them got up from their tables and joined in, enjoying the atmosphere.

   Jasper vaguely remembered seeing red when they decided to go on an Alaskan cruise and the ship's chief was hitting on Hannah. To say he took it lightly, would be a flat out lie. The immortal simply couldn't help himself.

   Hannah was a gem and he didn't want to lose out on her love. Not that she would dare leave him. It was just a predatorial attribute.

   "I may have been over the top in the past..." He pursed his lips, swaying them to and fro.

   The golden immortal smoothed her hand on the back of his head, running her nails into the curls at the back of his neck. "Don't worry, my love. It usually ends in ravenous sex, no harm done." He laughed, a carefree sound that always brought her joy. Hannah personal goal in life was to make him laugh like that for the rest of her life and longer, if she could help it.

   "Your clothes beg to differ."

   She hummed, "Hm, you'll just have to buy me more. As I've said – no harm done. Well, maybe to your wallet."

   Jasper abruptly turned her out. Hannah's perfectly curled hair swishing around as she giggled. He pulled her back in, finishing the endearing dance with a smooth dip. The piano keying off to an enchanting end. Hannah clapped excitedly with the other couples, smiling wide as Jas held her by the waist.

   "That was lovely," She mused, a dimple appearing on her cheek.

   Suddenly, Jasper's phone jiggled to life, asking to be answered. He furrowed his brow, taking it out of his pocket as Hannah walked off to speak to another couple. Flipping it open, he immediately answered at seeing Declan's contact flashing on the small screen.

   "What's happening?" Jasper answered, walking towards a pillar as he stared out into the plains.

   "Aye, how goes it?" Declan wasn't one for getting straight to the point when on the phone, he often dilly dallied, asking nonsensical questions. It made Jasper fight a smile as he rolled his eyes.

   "Great, until you called." He chuckled, hearing Declan's gripe of the other end.

   "Well, isn't that rude of ya. I called wondering how my brother in-law was fairing and this is how he greets me. Listen asshat, Hannah needs to come back before Alice tries using me as one of her manikins." Hannah walked over, smiling as she waved at a couple walking away. Her halter styled floral dress lightly blowing as she sashayed over. Wedge heels sounding on the wooden floors.

   Jasper grunted into the phone, watching his wife as the grin never slipped off her puffed out cheeks. "I would pay Alice three times the amount you allow her to spend on her shopping trips for her to send me a picture of you in one of her dresses."

   "Oi, there'll be none of that. I'm still chaffing from last time. Now look, I've got news."

   Hannah leaned up towards the phone, jutting her chin to speak into it. "Well, get on with it! You two been speaking for ages." The southern immortal pressed a kiss to her forehead, securing his arm around her waist to press her front closer to his long torso.

   "The nomads have gotten closer to the area. And their not exactly nibbling on veggies, if you catch my drift." At the news, the couple frowned – not liking the sound of that one bit. The Cullens have been keeping an eye on the wandering vampires for a while now, hoping they'd loop around and go a different direction, but now they were entering the town.

   And if they didn't handle it soon, they could jeopardize the partnership between the Cullen's and the Quileute's on the reservation. They definitely didn't want to mess with that.

   "What can we do? Has Carlisle made up a plan?" Han muttered softly, eyebrow pinching. Jasper rubbed his hand along her spine, trying to comfort her obvious anxiety.

   "Nay, he's still waiting it out. But soon, we'll have to confront them." He sounded tired, his Irish accent dulled to a drone.

   "How soon are we talkin'?" Jasper addressed, his old ways of authority coming out in his southern drawl. She always thought he fit best in leadership roles, but the man made a habit with sticking to the sidelines.

   "Soon." Well, that wasn't very helped. Nonetheless, Hannah sighed in resignation, meeting the eyes of her husband. They held silent communication with just a simple, determined look. One that said, this little vacation would be cut short.

   "Alright, we'll be home soon Hue. Give Alice a kiss for me!" She shouted down the line before he hung up. A huff of annoyance exited her lips as she dully eyed her husband.

   Hannah was reluctant to leave, that was for sure.

   Jas pressed two passionate kisses to her pouted lips, running a hand through her long tresses. "It's okay darling, we'll celebrate our anniversary back home."

   Yes, it had been a good fifty years since they first got married and this was how they were celebrating. It was a simple little weekend vacation, but after decades together, their relationship was all about the simplistic moments. "I sure hope so. Declan is going to do my head in. Oh, by the way. We have new couple friends."

   She waved at the couple not to far away, smiling like a child on their first day on kindergarten. Jasper arched a brow, shaking his head in amusement. "You are something else."

...

   "Children, we're home!" Hannah exclaimed as she dropped her bag by her feet at the entrance to the living room. Her family smiled wide at her appearance, noticing she looked bright and refreshed. Less troubled then when she left.

   Alice rushed to her sister, hugging her tightly with an excited squeal. It made Hannah giggle. Even though they had only been gone for forty-eight hours, for the twins it felt like a week. They were usually inseparable. "I missed you. Hue doesn't have the hips you have!"

   The golden immortal snuggled into the crook of her shoulder. "Of course he doesn't, I work my butt off for these hips and he plays video games."

   "Aye! My hips are luscious," Declan argued from the couch, narrowing his eyes at her playfully. She may have childishly stuck her tongue out at him, causing Alice to pinch her arm.

   As Hannah looked around the living room, she spotted everyone but Edward and it made her frown. She turned to Alice for the answer to her unspoken question. "He's stalking her in the city," She gushed, amused with her brother's actions.

   "No! Really?" The golden immortal cackled, snorting a little before she covered her mouth. She just couldn't believe it. Edward went from hating her guts to waiting on her hand and foot in the span of a weekend. "Oh, this is going to be good."

   He was so predictable, as she said previously. Everyone wanted to say she was a know-it-all, but she knew her shit. Especially, when it came to brooding, dad-joke telling, adoptive brothers by the name Edward. Specific but efficient.

   "Where is she?" Jasper decided to play along, setting the rest of their luggage off to the side.

   Alice spaced out before blinking back into the room, a lovey dovey smile curling at her pink lips. "They're on their way to a restaurant. If you leave now, you'll get there in time to embarrass him."

   The married couple shared a mischievous look, knowing full well they just got off the plane. However, poking fun at Edward seemed like the most excellent way to spend their anniversary. "I'll start up the car," Jasper mutters with a sly grin, leaving the the way he came.

   The two drove to Port Angeles with anticipation. Hannah was because she wanted to see the look on Edward's face when he realized they were in close proximity and Jasper simply wanted to cause a little havoc, especially because their weekend fun was stopped short.

   Jasper opened the door to the restaurant for her and she thanked him, sweetly. A pep in her step as she made it to the stewardess. "Hi, welcome to Waterfall Restaurant. How many for your table?"

   Hannah tapped her polished nails on the host station, she just passed the counter by a foot. "Actually, we're meeting a couple here. Can we just..." She didn't finish her sentence, insinuating that they wanted to walk around to find them.

   "Oh, yes! Go right ahead, have a good dinner."

   She sent her a plain smile, eyeing the hostess as she stared a little too long at her husband. Nevertheless, Hannah rolled her eyes and grasp Jasper's hand to guide him around the establishment. Her golden eyes roamed around the place till she spotted the rascal in a booth by the corner. A naughty grin curling on her lips.

   Padding closer, Edward heard them before he saw them. His head shot across the room and he glared fiery darts at their stunning figures. The expression made Hannah giggle giddily, even Bella looked a little stunned by their presence.

   "Oh my god! Eddie, what are you doing here?" She was eating this up, batting her lashes at him as he fumed in his seat. Pointing her finger between the two, she bit her lip. "Are you two –? Wow, surprise surprise."

   Isabella straightened up in her seat, stuttering for an explanation as her face flushed in embarrassment. What kind of friend was she, going to dinner with Hannah's brother? Although, she was sort of pushed into this arrangement, it still felt weird considering they were so close. "I-I, this wasn't p-planned."

   Hannah softened at the flustered girl, placing a chilly hand on her clothed shoulder. "Oh, I know my dear. Don't worry your clumsy little head. My tiff is with my brother."

   "Hannah... Leave," Edward grumbled, golden irises narrowed.

   She was instantly offended. "Excuse me? Is that how you treat your favorite sibling on her anniversary?" Jasper wrapped a hand around her waist, reinforcing the image of their bond. Han arched a challenging brow, taunting him to say any more, but Edward had already given in. The mind reader didn't care anymore, Isabella was far smarter than he gave her credit. She was figuring out their secret easily.

   "Sit down," He allotted, swaying his hand.

   Jasper waited till Hannah slid into the booth beside Bella before taking a seat next to Edward. Their hands instantly found each other's over the table, his ring finger drawing circles over her own. They were so nauseating adorable, Bella found it hard to tear her gaze away.

   "It's your anniversary?" The Swan questioned, admiringly. Hannah nodded proudly, sending the brunette a wink.

   "Feels like we've been together for ages. He can't get enough of me." Jasper didn't object once, in fact, he conceded with a strong nod, leaning back in his seat. "So, what are you guys talking about? How was your evening before we ambushed it?"

   "Well... Edward saved me from getting mauled." Bella voiced, adding an awkward tinge to the atmosphere.

   Hannah couldn't fight the growl coming from her chest. She straightened, eyebrows furrowed as she suddenly grew protective. "What? Mauled, you're being serious?" She glanced to her brother for confirmation, noticing his tightening jawline.

   "Yep." He deadpanned.

   "And did you kill them?" She genuinely inquired, clenching her fist on top of the table. Jasper worked to open it once more, calm her down. Bella's eyes widened in surprise, having never seen this aggressive side to her friend before. The brunette was observant, that was for sure.

   "No –"

   "Why the hell not? Anyone who actively tries to violate the rights of a human being should immediately suffer the consequences, not exceptions." Memories of her passed experiences with a certain trafficker made her internally panic. It was a long time ago, and yet, it still plagued her mind.

   And knowing this, seeing the vivid and grotesque images in her mind, Edward placed his head in his hands. He didn't want to see those because it pained him deeply. That was his little sister and there was no denying his protective instincts. He wished he was there, so he could torture the soul sucking bastard himself. "There are certain laws we have to uphold to, Hannah. But, maybe next time."

  She smiled at him sarcastically, turning to check over Bella with concern. "Are you okay, did they hurt you?"

   "N-no no. I'm fine, I promise." Hannah watched her a moment longer, before sighing in relief.

   "Good. Remind me to get Charlie to get you cell phone, so this won't happen again."

   "Hi, what can I get you guys?" A waitress chose the perfect time to walk over, with her notepad. Her eyes widened at the beautiful sight of the immortal Adonis' in the booth. Hannah, seeing this, cleared her throat, smiling tightly.

   "Ladies first, right? I'll have a water, thank you. Bella?" The Swan's lip twitched in amusement, seeing the possessive glint in her suspicious, golden eyes.

   "I'll have a coke and an order of the mushroom ravioli, please." The waitress nodded, turning to the boys with too eager eyes. However, both men declined a meal and chose to go without, just like Hannah. It was looking too suspicious.

   Han sent Edward a glare, pursing her lips at his lack of food. Not that she necessarily carried for getting exposed to the world, but Edward was throwing things around willy nilly.

   "You're not going to eat?" Bella appointed the question to all three Cullens, feeling a little self-conscious because she's has to eat while everyone watched her.

   Jasper squeezed Hannah's hand over the table, speaking up for the first time in a good minute."Han and I already stopped for dinner, she prefers French to Italian."

   A little white lie to cover their tracks. Which, it wasn't too far fetched. Hannah did prefer French architecture and agriculture over Italian. Less rustic, more refined and delicate. Isabella bought it well enough, as she slid her doe brown eyes to her date. Wondering the same question.

   "I have a... Special diet." Subtly covering her mouth to hide her humorous expression, Hannah was at her wit's end. Edward was just slowly slipping down the rabbit hole and before they knew it, he was taking them down with him.

   Bella had received her carbonated soda and her meat stuffed pasta. At first, she was wary to eat in front of them, but with Edward's insistence, she was stabbing the ravioli like a woman starved. Hannah supposed she was. Adrenaline could leave someone drained and deprived of all fundamental necessities, but that was just her intelligent brain doddling off to avoid sharing too much of her lifestyle with Bella.

   The clumsy girl sure knew how to ask the right questions. She could be a detective in her adult years, if she gave it some thought. The active duty must run in the family, no doubt.

   Especially, because she suddenly got them explaining their gifts in measured detail. Edward was going around putting everyone's thoughts on display, which Hannah thought was very amusing. "Have you always known he had this gift?" The brunette asked or her friend.

   Her golden head nodded, curling a strand behind her ear. "Yes, what a freak. Am I right?" Jasper coughed to hide his laughter, earning a shove from his brother.

   "Do you have one as well?"

   She pursed her lips, "Well – yes. But its not very helpful."

   "Hey, stop that. You know it is," Jasper instantly jumped in, scolding her like he always did when she underminded her gift. His eyebrows furrowed with a hint of annoyance, directed straight across the table to his wife. Seeing this, Hannah sighed and softened. "You're right, I take it back."

   "What is it?"

   "I can reveal visions of someone's entire past with a simple touch, objects too. Anything that happened in your history, I can store right up here." Hannah lightly tapped her head, laying it on her open palm as she kneeled her elbow on the table.

   Bella eyes brightened, like a child opening up their most anticipated present on Christmas morning. It made Hannah chuckle at how adorable the girl looked. Maybe she was just a little to curious for her own good, but that came with the territory. Hannah would be asking questions too if the guy who ignored me, disappeared and came back an entirely knew person, suddenly rescued me from being mauled in the middle of no where. How'd he know where she was? Would be her first question.

   Edward started playing with fire when he saved her from the car crash. This was his fate now and he would have to deal with the consequences.

   "I think that's amazing and inanimate objects too? Your blind if you think that's lower level talent." The Swan shook her head, raving about her friend's ability. If anything, it made Bella feel more normal and unbelievably insignificant. She knew her friend was something extraordinary, but this was another level.

   Hannah would've blushed if she were human, her head bowing in humility. "You're cute, Swan. Too cute."

  "Have you ever... taken a peek into my past?" Fortunately, Hannah truthfully denied. Her feet resting on Jasper's leg as she relaxed. They had been here for a while. "What about you Jasper?"

   "A story for another time, my dear." Hannah told her with a gentle smile. Jas took the hint and stood to his feet, grasping her hand to help her up and out of the booth. "We've encroched on your date for long enough. I've gotten my fill of sibling embarrassment to last Edward another week."

   "Pleasure meeting you, Bella." Jasper tipped his head out of old habit, a charming smirk twisting the corner of his lip.

   Hannah turned to her brother, leaning down to kiss his cheek despite all the humiliation she rained down of him this evening. He accepted it willingly, affectionately petting her hair. The Swan watched the endeaeing exchange with warm eyes. This was the first she'd seen them interact so familiar. She'd only seen them talk before.

   It was sweet.

   "Take care of my girl, Moonlight. And at a reasonable hour, please. I know she's irresistible, but her father's the sheriff." Hannah winked, tapping his cheek as he playfully slapped it away. "Good night, Bells."

   "Good night, Hannah – Jasper. I'll – uh, call you later."

   "Looking forward to it!" Jas tugged his wife towards the exit, hugging her close as he pressed a adoring kiss to the side of her head. It had been an eventful anniversary, that was for sure. Though it wasn't what they had planned, there would be plenty of opportunities to jet away for some fun.

   She just wanted her man by her side, no matter what they were doing. "What do you say we stay at a hotel for one more night before heading to the house?" Jas whispered in her ear, insinuating exactly what he had on his mind as his thumb swirled circles on her hip bone.

   A shiver rolled through her body as she leaned on his own as they walked to his car. "I'd say, lead the way husband."

   He leaned her against the car, cornering her. With a sly expression, his lips languidly slanted over her own, stealing her breath with one passionate touch. She'd never get used to his charms against her. His southern finesse was magic, just like the way he was staring down at her flustered-love high mannerisms.

   "Happy anniversary, darling."

   "Happy anniversary," She breathed, tugging him down into another scorching kiss.

These two have my whole heart, through and though. Another long chapter this weekend, just because I'm hyped on writing them right now. I hope you guys enjoyed this one.

Tell me, if you were to have any of the Cullen's gifts, what would you have? Comment, Vote! Xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.3K 25
"I love Jasper" I shout back at her after reaching the end of my tether "I love him more than you ever care to see because you are so caught up in yo...
506K 9.5K 44
"Forever?" Jasper asked holding tightly on my hand. "I'm forever and always yours" A smirk appeared on his pale white face from my responses. Suddenl...
321K 9.3K 45
˗ˏˋ꒰☀️꒱ - ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ 𝐐𝐔𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐀 ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌ ╰┈➤ ❝ [(n.) A place from which one's strength is drawn, where one feels home; the place where you are...
357K 7.6K 29
||Book one in The Protectors Series ||Twilight ||COMPLETED: October 3, 2017 CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. ❝Seventeen, running from innocence, like it's a...