A Destined Operator

By LuckyAceHigh

"Ever been destined by two beings that proclaim themselves to be creators of the universe and been given the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 2

2.8K 60 11
By LuckyAceHigh

Seraph: ......

Boris: .......

Professor: ........

Seraph: I'm in trouble aren't I?

Boris: In trouble? You're more then in trouble, you destroyed most of courtyard!

Seraph: It was an accident! I didn't know it was gonna happen like that!

Professor: [sigh] Well in the end nobody was injured or even worse killed....Mr. Seraph the Council has already been informed about your.... action earlier today, most of the citizens of the city have witnessed it as well.

Seraph: .....I'm sorry....

Professor: We have to sent you to a pharmaceutical company to analyze your active of Originium Arts that's resonating inside you, the facilities here don't have the right equipment for it...

Seraph Thoughts: I don't think that was Originium Arts.

Boris: Wait, we're not sending him to get checked up in the hospital here, Professor?

Professor: The hospital here is already packed with infected individuals and the equipment we use are outdated too, they can't even do a proper scan....

Boris: .....

Professor: Seraph, by witnessing your potential with Originium Arts earlier, you will have to leave the city...

Seraph: What? Why?

Boris: One: Because of your unorthodox Originium Arts. Two: Rhine Labs... You do know who they are right?

Seraph: Yeah, the company that experiments and invent weapons, in the past they hunt down individuals that has potential and born with gifts, they use them for there experiments of turning them into weapons...

Professor: Yes, Rhine Labs was a mysteries company but thanks to some leaks, some of their secrets has been exposed to the public...

Boris: Rhine Labs no longer experiment individuals but there are still some people in the company that still do that...

Seraph: So.... you're telling me I might get hunted down by Rhine Labs and be part of their experiments?

Professor: Pretty much, yes. There are employees from Rhine Labs that live in this city, if they find you, they will take you by force....

Seraph: .....

Boris: Which is why you need to leave, the only safe heaven for you right now that I can think of is Rhodes Island.

Seraph: Who and what exactly is Rhodes Island?

Professor: It's a Pharmaceutical Company, they focus on treating individuals that's exposed with Oripathy Infection, they pretty much take in anyone that's either Infected or in your case have potential with Originium in general.

Seraph nods, knowing what he has to do.

Next Day

Seraph is now standing outside of his home city. He had a backpack on his back with some supplies for him to make the trip. He held a compass in one hand and his sword in the other. Strangely, there's also a rose in his holster.

Professor: Mr. Seraph, I have contacted with Rhodes Island last night and told them you were coming, they told me they have sent some of their employees that will meet you half-way there...

Seraph: Understood... just head east right?

Boris: Yea, Rhodes Island has docked near the city of Great Lungmen, you'll see it once you reach far enough.

Professor: You should get going know Mr. Seraph, it will get dark quickly if you don't hurry, the trip to Rhodes Island will take two days, you only have just enough of supplies to make the trip in that duration..

Seraph: Got it, I'll be heading out then, wish me luck.

Seraph said as he starts walking away from Boris and the Professor. Moments later, the two of them no longer see him as he disappears into the distance. However, Boris suddenly realizes something as he starts to panic.

Boris: AH CRAP!

Professor: What? What is it?

Boris: We forget to mention him about the Reunion Movement! Reunion has taken territory of Chernobog ever since the Catastrophe happen there!

Professor: ....

Boris: The Nation of Chernobog is close to the Great Lungmen and Rhodes Island, if Seraph goes there-

Professor: Don't worry.

Boris then was cut off from the Professor's sentence as he turn his attention towards the Professor. The Professor then look towards the distance where Seraph disappeared into.

Professor: After witnessing Seraph's potential with Originium Arts, I highly doubt Reunion will come close to hurting him.

Boris: ...

Meanwhile

Currently, Seraph is walking through a dirt pathway. He looks at his compass as he follows the east direction. He then looks around his surroundings as he examines the landscape. He is surrounded by short grasslands as he saw tall trees in the far distance. He also witnesses giant crystallized Originium just laying in there in the distance.

Seraph Thoughts: I still need to figure out what the hell I just did because I'm sure that wasn't any Originium Arts I have seen before.

Seraph thought as he pulls up his sleeve to expect Originium crystals only to find himself clean, surprising him.

Seraph: Strange...

Suddenly, Seraph felt the ground shake and mumble around him. The ground then starts to burst as Originium Slugs came into his view.

Seraph: Okay that doesn't look friendly. 

The Originium Slugs then start to make its way towards Seraph. Seraph got into a stance as he grips and held up his sword. He felt some unknown energy manifest into it as he grips it tightly. One of the Slugs got into range close enough for Seraph to slice it, once he did a downward slice attack. An explosion accrued that it sent out a massive powerful vortex around him, the vortex alone was strong enough to kill the remaining Slugs as they disintegrate into energy before being absorbed into Seraph.

Strangely enough, Seraph felt refresh after killing the Slugs as if he took their life force. 

Seraph Thoughts: I felt refresh for some reason... Did I took their life force? No, can't be...

Seraph questions as he takes a look around his surroundings one last time before continuing down his path.

Meanwhile

Grani: Skadi! Hey wait up! Don't leave me behind!

Skadi: If you don't keep up I will...

Grani: Jeez, were supposed to be doing this mission together but here you are acting like your the only one doing this...

Skadi: I prefer to do this mission alone, but Kal'tsit persisted me on taking you along...

Grani and Skadi were right now on there way towards a small isolated city. They were hired to escort an individual that had unorthodox of Originium, these two are Rhodes Island operators.

Grani: Well, I'm glad she choose me to come with you because you're reckless sometimes. For example, you just attack people out of the blue while they were just passing by.

Skadi: [sigh] lets just get this person so we can hurry back...

End Of Chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 953 21
Logan, a Guardian, a God-slayer, a hero of the Red War, and the avenger of Cayde-6's Murderers He left the Tower and ventured outside of the Solar...
6.3K 218 11
Velon Eveningshade learns that perhaps dying doesn't lead to the end, but rather a new journey. One dream ends, but another begins afterwards till t...
348 0 31
What if Arjun learned about all that was meant to happen? What if they learned of the Gardener and the Winnower? What if they learned all that had ev...
657 92 26
For as long as she can remember, Seraphina Cross has experienced these visions that made her feel like there was more to life. It wasn't until one mo...