The Journey Of Love (#2)

By shiprasaini1

Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete th... More

Basic Information
Prologue
1. Morning love
2. Black hoodie
3. Beach
4. wedding
5. Only Love
6. Morning Love-2
7. Keerti
8. Coffee date
9. Holi celebration I
10. Holi celebration II
11. Pregnant...?
12. Memories
13. The dark street
14. The Red monster
15. The savior
16. Lunch with him
17. The club night
18. Confessing my love
19. Drunken beauty
20. Hangover
21. His Birthday
22. Keerti's hatred
23. Facts
24. His little sister
25. Accident
26. Fasting for him
27. Keerti's truth
28. Siblings fight
29. His ignorance
30. The storm
31. The Ramayana of my life
32. Some truth
33. My warrior wife
34. His arrival
35. The Pranksters
36. His surprise
37. My husband
38. Karwa Chauth fast
39. Exploring the beauty
40. The truth-1
41. The truth-2
42. The Roots
43. Holidays-1
44. Holidays-2
45. Forgiveness
47. 3- idiots
48. The Happiness
49. Our baby
50. Angry Husband-1
51. Angry Husband- 2
52. The fear
53. The celebration
54. Her surprise
55. Her pain
56. Memory lane
57. She came back for me
58. The sorrow
59. Loving him
60. The ray of happiness
61. The caring husband
62. Our precious
63. Epilogue
New Book

46. The Interview

19.4K 1K 258
By shiprasaini1

Preeti's point of view

My heart is beating more than its normal pace and I can feel my palm is become sweaty. Though it's a little cold outside and A.C is on, in the waiting room but I can feel sweat in my palm. Maybe its happening me because I am nervous well not, I am more than nervous. Except me, almost fifty more candidates are waiting for their interview.

When I came here number of candidates must be in thousand but after third round they chose only fifty and going to hire only twenty candidates, including clerks too.

Selection process is divided into four rounds.

1. Group discussion
2. Written Exam (CBT- computer based test)
3. Descriptive exam
4. H.R interview, where they check our confidence level as well as are accounts skills.

I cleared the G.D round easily but when I sit to gave the written exam my eyes budge out from their sockets when I saw the cut off marks. They will only pass the candidates who score 80%. Negative marking is also including making it more tough. I mean who put the cut off that much high.

I sigh in relief when I saw my result. I scored 80.7%. Just 0.7% more than the actual cut off. Than comes the descriptive test. They asked us to write an email, essay and wants us to ready a report with proper fonts, head lines and many other things in one hour. My government preparation helped me in this round.

While giving the exams of this job once I thought that government exams are much easier than Siddharth's company. Well I clear all three rounds and now sitting in the waiting room with other candidates waiting for my turn. A beautiful girl came to us and inform that interview will be start in fifteen minutes and tell us to get ready.

"You are also giving the interview here?"

I raised my head from my lap when I heard the feminine voice near me. Same Indian girl was standing in front of me whom I met in my last interview in finance company.

What was her name? I can't remember right now.

I think harder and then remember her name was Anshika Gupta. But what is she doing here. Last I remember she was hired by them for a clerk post.

"Preeti..right?" She confirmed my name and I nodded my head in agreement while giving her a small smile.

She took a seat beside me and asked, "Which post?"

"Accountant head." I said while giving her a small smile.

"I am here for the clerk post. In my last job I did the mistakes in annual reports so they fired me. Actually..it wasn't my mistake completely. Our manager was dumb. Well it's good they fired me, now I have a chance to work with the biggest construction company of this country and plus maybe I got glimpse of Siddharth Kapoor. Its their head office, his office must be here." She said with so much excitement that it was reflecting from her eyes.

Suddenly there was a commotion and our eyes turns to the elevator when its open, everyone stood up from their seats when four person step outside from the elevator. One of them is Emily. She gave me a small smile and I return her gesture.

If Emily is here means he is also here.

My heart started beating faster when four of them step aside and Siddharth walked between them with all his glory. He was looking as fresh as morning. His hair is gelled perfectly and I really wanted to run my fingers in them. Everything around me get blur and my eyes only can see him, I felt the heaviness in my chest because my heart was beating at such rate that it won't be surprise if I got a heart attack here.

It was just not me whose eyes were sticking to him. Other then me everyone's eyes is on him and I can see their eyes hold the respect for him not fear.

Suddenly he halted and turn his face to me. My heart skips a beat, I forgot to breath and warmth spread on my cheeks and neck and they turn into beetroot when his eyes met mine.His eyes roam from my head to toe like he was filling me in his coffee brown eyes which gave me chills and I turn into the darkest shade of red.

"Sir, we are getting late." One of the men, I recognize as his manager said. He nodded his head and went inside the room where the interview supposed to taken. I put my hand on my chest to clam the crazy beats of my heart.

"Oh! my god. I can't believe I just saw Siddharth Kapoor. He looks more handsome in real." Anshika said while putting her hand on her chest, like she just came out from the roller coaster ride. Then I realized I wasn't the only one whose heart beating crazily.

"But what he is doing here?" She asked confusingly.

"He is going to take the interview of all of us with H.R team." The girl seating beside me said.

"Including clerks?" Anshika asked.

"Including clerks.." She nodded her head as yes.

......................................................................

It's been a three hours interview has started and I am sitting on my chair waiting patiently. Some of the candidates came outside with a smile on their faces while some has tears in their eyes. Anshika already given her interview and told me that her interview went well but it was the toughest interview she had ever face. The girl who was sitting on the other side of mine has tears in her eyes. She told us, how much tough questions they are asking. My anxiety increased because she given the interview for accountant post and I am last candidate left in the whole room.

Means Siddharth won't spare me also.

I should have given the kiss to him in the morning so he could go easy on me in the interview.

Soon my name being called and I got up from my seat. I walked towards the room where was the interviews being held. Every single step closer to the room increasing the anxiety and adeline passing through my body to calm the anxiety but it was no use.

A lady opened the door for me and I walked inside. Five members were sitting behind the large glass table and nameplate of their names and the posts putting in front of them. There were two H.R members, one Charted Accountant, the manager of Account section were sitting there and middle of them Siddharth was sitting as a compine's C.E.O.

I was hell nervous looking at them. Emily was sitting at the corner of the room and passed me a soft smile but this time I couldn't replied her smile due to the nervousness. My eyes met with Siddharth. His eyes holding the softness when looked at me but soon he covered it with his professional one, who wants the perfect candidate for his company.

"Please take a seat Ms. Agarwal and make yourself comfortable." One of H.R member said. I greeted everyone and took my seat.

My name is Preeti Agarwal in my documents. That why he called me Preeti Agarwal.

"Please tell us something about yourself." The same person said.

My eyes met with Siddharth and his deep eyes are glued to me. His gaze making me more nervous.

"Sorry guys We are bit late." I flinched when the door behind me open suddenly and Nick and James walked inside. Their eyes met with mine and they both grin looking at me.

What the hell they are doing here?

"I guess we are not." They said in unison while grinning at me and took their seats.

Okey Preeti..don't be nervous. Take a deep breath and just start. They are not monsters and one of them is your husband.

I took a deep breath and started giving my introduction. I told them about my qualifications, my experience in my previous company, my projects in graduation and post graduates and about my skills.

One by one they asked me many questions about my projects in my graduation and after twenty minuets I feel comfortable when asked me questions. One member asked me atleast ten questions and I gave them answers fluently. If stuck in some question or don't know the answer I simply said no.

I want to smack Nick and James face when they asked me question out of my field. I wanted to pour full glass of water on both of them when James asked me the questions related to the law and Nick asked me draw a architecture design of the given measurement.

I mean seriously, they know I am here for the accountant post.

Siddharth was glaring them when they asked me such stupid questions and both of them just smirking. I think they are here just to teas me. I replied their questions answers as a simple no.

"Okey Mrs. Kapoor. I am going to ask you some reasoning questions. I hope you don't mind?" I looked at Siddharth when he asked me the question.

"You can ask me anything Sir." He clenched the pen which he was holding when I called him Sir.

He cleared his throat and asked,"You studied at India. So I am going to ask you some question related on Indian currency based. We had asked this question to our previous candidates but they are unable to answer. So here is the question."

"Rohan's fathers has four sons. Their names are respectively..
1. twenty five paisa
2. fifty paisa
3. seventy five paisa
4. What was the fourth son's name?"

Siddharth looked at me for the answer. I know the answer. Most of people got confused and used maths here instead of the reasoning. Siddharth's question hold the answer itself.

"Rohan.."

"Excuse me...?"

"The answer is Rohan Sir." I said looking at Siddharth confidently.

"Don't you think the answer should be 100 paisa or One rupee?" He said while raising his one eyebrow to confused but I am confident with my answer.

"No, sir. You said Rohan's father has four sons. You already told me all three sons name except Rohan. Yeah.. I don't know if Rohan has nick name as you said 100 paisa or one rupee." I said confidently while raising my one eyebrow and everyone in the room broke into laugh.

"I am impress Mrs. Kapoor." Siddharth chuckled softly and shake his head in amusement.

"Now I want you to hold that marker and ready the manual presentation of annual report of our accounts, and make a balance sheet with given data. After that, explained us if our company is in loss then how should we balance our accounts. You have ten minutes to do that and you can't use the calculator." He said while pointing towards the mini white board.

Uugghh...He is such a devil. How I am going to do all these things in just ten minutes. The data he given is in decimals. How I am going to make a balance sheet without calculator. I am feeling like I am giving a interview for Civil services. Even their interview was easier than this interview.

My temple was hurting so much but I complete my task within ten minutes and showed him. He asked me to explain things and I gave him a brief explanations. After that he gave me the different situations related to accounts and asked me to find the solution. His C.A. wasn't behind him. he also asked me different and difficult questions. My interview went hour long. This is the longest interview they had taken.

"We are done with your interview. Please wait outside for the results." One of the H.R member said.

I nodded my head and got up to leave. Nick and James are smirking at me like a fools. I narrowed my eyes at them and their smirk went wide.

idiots

At last my eyes met with Siddharth and he winked while giving me his charming smile. My cheeks immediately turned red when he winked. I turned and opened the door without looking back and run towards the washroom.

I need to throw up.

......................................................................

After half an hour of waiting, result got announced and I got selected for the head accountant post but I am hell confused now because my waiting got cleared in finance company and now offering me a double amount of salary if I joined them. I don't know what should I do. I have to talk to Siddharth. He will definitely help me to take the decision and gave me good advice. But I don't know if he is busy or free right now. Because I was in washroom throwing up when result got announced and Anshika told me Siddharth already leave. I am having a headache and feeling tired.

Should I call him? What if he is busy or in a important meeting?

Suddenly my phone beeped and a smile crept on my face when I read his message.

Hubby- Congratulations love. Meet me in my office now.

I picked my bag and file and walked towards the elevator when Anshika called me. She congratulated me for the job and I also congratulate her because she also got selected for the clerk post. She wanted to celebrate and asked me to go out with her for little celebration but I told her that my husband is waiting for me. After exchanging my number with her I literally run to the elevator because I can't wait to meet him.

.......

"He is waiting for you." Emily said as soon as I walked outside from the elevator. I gave her a smile and walked inside his cabin without knocking the door.

He was standing facing the balcony shoving his both hands inside his trousers pocket and looking outside the sky touching buildings through the large glass window, looking as handsome as I saw him half an hour ago.

"Siddharth.." I whisper his name and he turn towards me. His lips curled into a wide smile and he took a long strides towards me.

I gasped and broke into laugh while holding him from neck when he lifted me in his arms from my waist and twirled me around.

"I am so proud of you. You rock the interview. After a month training you will good to hold the post. " He said while twirling me two more time.

"Okey, now put me down." I said between my laugh and he put me down but don't let me go from his arms.

"Now tell me the truth. Did you hired me just because I am your wife?" I asked him while putting my hands on his chest.

He frown and narrowed his eyes.

"No, your interview was amazing. You answered most of the questions and it wasn't my sole design. I definitely not the one who choose you. I gave my decision in others candidate but hiring you it was our H.R team and Account department decision. You got this job only because of your abilities not because you are my wife and in that room no one knows that you are my wife." He said while cupping my cheeks and looked at me with love and I gave him a smile.

"Siddharth there is something which I want to discuss with you." I said while putting my hands on his which were cupping my face.

"What..?"

I took my handbag and gave him the joining letter of that financing company. He read the latter and looked at me.

"What have you decided?" He asked me.

"I don't know I'm confused." I said.

"Preeti I won't stop you if you want to join that company instead of my company. That company also good and paying you the double amount but I want you to choose my company. I want to work with you and will treat you as normal employe plus provide you extra guidelines so you can grow your skills. If you want I can pay you triple amount. But I want you to work here.The interview you just cracked wasn't the easy one. I put you at the last in the list because I want you take your interview properly and only you're the one whom I asked the most difficult questions. If you still have doubt you can join their company but I want this beautiful and talented girl in my company." He said while cupping my cheeks.

He was right. He didn't spare me in interview and asked me the most difficult questions. In Fact my interview was the longest one. Till morning he didn't make me feel special person and treats me like a normal candidate.

I put my hand on his and said," I want to work here, with you and you don't have to me pay triple amount."

His face lit like a bulb when I told him that I want to work with him and ge pull me in his arms. I hugged him back and rest my head on his chest.

I wait long for this hug.

"What are Nick and James doing there and asked me stupid questions. I was embarrassed when I can't give them the answers of their questions." I broke the hug and asked him while pouting.

"Don't worry baby I already kicked their asses for asking you stupid questions." He said while pecking my pout.

"Have you had your lunch?" He asked me and I shake my head as no.

"I also skipped my lunch and I am damn hungry now. Let's order something." He said while dragging me towards his table. He lifted the intercom and ordered Emily to bring something to eat.

I gasped when he suddenly sit on his large chair and pulled me on his lap. He encircled his arms around my midriff so I can't get up.

"Siddharth what are you doing. It's office." I said while try remove his arms around me but didn't let me go.

"You are looking sexy in this formal dress. It took all of me to control myself not to take you in my arms and kiss you senselessly when I first saw you and don't forgot when you called me Sir, that time I have to divert my mind from you to keep me sane." He said huskily while kissing me at the back of ear and I shivers when he took my earlobe in his mouth.

"Wear suits or saree at work. Otherwise I lose my sanity." He said huskily while looking into my eyes.

I also want to wear sarees and salwar suit at work because I feel comfortable in them and it's my duty to keep Siddharth sain at work. But right now I have to talk to him about James and Keerti. He didn't bring this topic yet and I don't want him to ignore this.

"Siddharth I want you about James and keerti." His body stiffness when I asked him. I encircled my right arm around his neck and put left arm on his chest.

"They both loves each other like us. Keerti wants to marry him and wanted to spend her whole life with him. You have to accept their relationship." I said while cupping his right cheek with my left hand.

"It's not that I didn't accept their relationship. I will be happy if Keerti marry with James. James is good and decent guy and most capable groom for Keerti. Keerti will be happy with him. It's just that I am not ready to send her away. She is just twenty two." He said looking at me and I can saw the vulnerability of a brother.

"When you came to see me for marriage, I was also 22 at that time. Age is just a number."

"Yeah..but you were 24 when we got married."

"Siddharth I know why are you saying this. Trust me I won't bring this if Keerti wasn't ready for the marriage. I talked to her and she want to get marry to James as soon as possible." I said looking into his vulnerable eyes.

He sighed and nodded his head.

"Okey I will talk to James and tell him to come with his family tomorrow." He said while giving me a weak smile.

"Have you started talk to keerti?"

I nodded my head as yes and said," She came to me at morning and asked me forgiveness. I forgive her because I also didn't feel good not to talk to her."

"Thankyou.." He hold at the nape of my neck and make me lean.

I gasped when he brushed his lips to me and caught my lower lips to kiss me slowly with love. I get the hold of his head and started moving my lips against his. Kiss was slow and steady at first but he soon started kissing me passionately. Moan escaped from me but he suppressed it by shoving his tongue inside my mouth and tilted his head to deep the kiss.

Suddenly door of his cabin opened and Dad walked inside.

"Sid son..oh! shit I'm sorry."

We both flinched at our place. Siddharth immediately turn the chair to hide me but he lost the balance and we both fell on floor.

I rubbed my elbow because its hit hard on the floor. My cheeks turn into red when realization hit me. Dad caught us red handed to makeout in office.

"Can I turn now." Dad asked.

"Yes dad.." Siddharth put his hand on table and peeked He was half sitting on the floor and half lying on the table. I noticed the red color on his ears and neck.

He was blushing.

I still lying on the floor because I am too embarrassed to face dad.

"How was Preeti's interview goes?" I can sense the uncomfortableness between them.

"She got hired Dad." He said with a nervous chuckle.

"Congratulate her from my side too and you can face me Preeti dear." I got up from the floor and stood while bending my head down.

"Thankyou dad.." I whispered. My cheeks are hot red I am feeling too embarrassed to face him. Siddharth also stood up lowered his head.

I can see the red color on his cheeks. Even this he was blushing more than me. He was looking damn cuet right now.

"Don't forget the meeting with Dubai clients and locked the door of your cabin when Preeti is with you." He said while laughing.

Since when Dad is started teasing us?

"Okey Dad." Siddharth said while scratching his nape and smiled shyly.

......................................................................

I hope you like the chapter.

Please do comments and vote.

Thankyou...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

382K 23.7K 36
I took my seat in the train and took a deep breath. "Every things is ok, Adhya." I said to myself as release a deep breath. "Is it?" a cold voice ca...
640K 23K 52
" I married you but that doesn't mean that you can control my life". He growled in anger. I flinched at his harsh voice. Tears formed in my eyes " Fo...
103K 7.5K 33
" Do..n't... come.. to..me..mee ...." --- with closed eyes She said with her horrified trembling voice . " Blossom , listen to me Blossom , it's ju...
1.5M 57.6K 75
Previous Title : Tum Jo Nahi Toh Kuch Bhi Nahi He was sitting emotionlessly. He looked toward her in anger. She also looked at him but she was confus...