Little Beacon- A BATFAMILY X...

Av JumpyBox13

Julianne Cress is a foster kid, one that always jumped from home to home, so she's an expert in keeping under... Mer

A Typical Day
Takedown and Tater Tots
Everyone's Daughter...
Bologna, Bullets and Shady Men
Under His Wing
The Call
The Manor
The Reveal...
A New Home
Don't Say a Word...
It's Gotham, Of Course I'm Strong
The Reaper
Decathlon!
The Battle on the Bridge
The Grandfather's Clock
The Charade
The Sun Necklace
The Weapons Deal
Truth Revealed
Chaos And Peace
I Forgive You
Kiss the Cook
Heads and Hearts
Bad Hare Day
The Shadow Guardian
Stars in the Sky
It's His Birthday!
What He Saw
The Game Plan
Never Be the Same
Even More Dysfunctional...
The Lighthouse
Finding Them
She, the Miracle
As the Storm Clears
The New Norm

Going Under

6.5K 193 168
Av JumpyBox13

Has y'all seen them touch-starved b*tches and how they react to PDA in a fanfic? Like smilin and blushing and squealing like a piggy as they read the sh*tty ff written by a pathetic fangirl who currently has no one to fangirl with? Ha! Guess what, guys

...its me. im b*tches.

anyways, I went overboard with this chapter and now that i think of it it's a good thing- more TimJules and Batfamily for the readers! :D

*************************************************************

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Miss Julianne! Turn that thing off!" Alfred plugged his ears, which began to ache from the loud and consistent ringing of the alarm.

She sat cross legged on the ceiling, pouting angrily as thuds and yells could be heard from the stairs.

"Fire!"

"Get the extinguisher!"

Tim, Bruce and Damian all raced up from the Cave, while Dick hurried down the stairs from his room.

They skidded into the kitchen, Dick with the fire extinguisher ready to go, only to see Jules irritably hanging from the roof, putting a lighter near the alarm.

"Jules?! What the hell?!"

The beeping stopped as Jules shut off the alarm. Alfred, who was standing off to the side, rubbed his ears as he finally understood what Jules was doing.

"Okay, now that you're all here... which one of you took my banana split?!"

Alfred had to press a hand to his mouth to prevent from laughing, because the dead serious expression on Jules' face looked unmerciful (yet absolutely adorable, she looked like a angry puppy, Alfred just wanted to melt).

Tim immediately paled.

Damian growled up at him. "Drake...."

"I didn't know- I'm sorry!" He squealed as Jules pointedly glared at him. 

Tim ran for his life.

"Nobody messes with my ice cream!" She gravity bent off the ceiling, her footsteps a series of rapid muted thuds as she took off after a running Timothy.

"Have mercy!" Tim's playful screeches from deep in the Manor echoed through the halls as the chase went further and further away from the kitchen.

Bruce looked over at Alfred, who let out a breathy chuckle. "I don't think anyone has ever gotten a family meeting together as quickly as she did, especially for such a trivial matter."

Bruce sighed in relief after scanning over the kitchen and seeing everything was in a relatively safe order. "Well, Julianne never fails to surprise me."

Damian's lips perked up in the slightest as a loud resonating thud echoed through the Manor, no doubt Jules taking down his brother.

 "We've got that bust tonight. Call Todd if you'd please, Grayson. Suit up, we will be late for patrol otherwise."

Bruce nodded.

Alfred smiled. "Miss Barbara will take care of comms tonight, as I will attempt to recreate whatever it was that Master Timothy ate. Consider it  a surprise for the young mistress."

A bout of giggles erupted from deep in the Manor as another thud was heard.

 "Oh, you're ticklish, huh? I've found your weakness!" Tim's voice echoed as Jules' laughter rung out from underneath him. He'd rolled over, pinning Jules under him, smiling down at her as his fingers raked her sides.

"Go die in a hole, ice cream thief!" She gasped out between laughter, face going red.

"Ah, my feelings! Whatever shall I do?"

"S-stop tickling me! I c-can't breathe!"

"Glad to know I make you breathless." Tim's voice dipped down into a whisper, pecking her lips and working his way down until he found her sweet spot.

Jules' breath hitched as her face went up in a furious blush that he thought was adorable.  Tim kissed her harder, his fingers forgetting her sides and gently interlacing their fingers together, and Jules knew pretty well there'd be a mark. 

She threaded her fingers through his hair, tilting his head up towards her as she pressed a fierce kiss to his lips. Their intertwined hands fell away as Tim cupped her face and she cupped his.

"Forgive me?" Tim huskily whispered as she pulled away, a smile perking his lips upwards, his pupils dilated.

"You'll have to do better than that." She softly chuckled, and Tim raised an eyebrow.

In a split second, Jules gravity bent herself onto the ceiling, straightening her shirt, winking over at him, a soft love bite forming just at the base of her neck.

Tim pouted, his heart fluttering as she blew him a kiss, a sharp grin over her face. "You still owe me." She teased.

His brain fritzed out, his stomach bursting into butterflies as he saw the small love bite- his love bite,  his mark on her, in the crook at the base of her neck, a soft purple contrasting against her bronze skin.

She was his.

Finally his.

That thought brought a smile over his face, euphoria spiking through his veins. "Fair enough. Let's get to patrol."

****************************************************************************** 

"So, how's the romancing? Is Timmy a good lover-boy?" Red Hood teased her, watching as she sharpened her switchblades for the battle to come.

"You really want to ask me that question while I've got my blades in my hands?"

".......never mind."

The Batfam all stood at different entry points to Snake's underground base, paired up with another vigilante after they drew names from a hat. Jules got Jason, Tim got Cass, Dick got Steph and Damian was with Bruce by default.

Steph grumbled about her pick, and Babs laughed. It was true that Dick was one of the most annoying vigilantes to pair up with- mostly because he wouldn't shut up at times, and was wayyy  too over dramatic. (But secretly, they all loved his voice, it was Dickie, come on, everyone loves him.)

Jules just grinned when she read Jay's name on her slip of paper. Red Hood and Switchblade were a powerhouse team, and were well acquainted enough to know each other's fighting styles and body language because of the patrols they had together before Switchblade was outed to all of them.

This alien weapons deal mission meant a hell of a lot to Jules, so if they sidetracked, she'd have lost everything. This Snake guy nearly took her friend, murdered several civilians with ties to his organization, nearly killed her little brother, and almost blew her up. The best person to destroy everything Snake had with was Jason, mostly because he loved destruction and he didn't give a sh*t about damage costs.

Red Hood and Switchblade were to enter through the old abandoned bus shelter that was found first, Batman and Robin through a small passageway near Crime Alley, Spoiler and Nightwing were entering through a maintenance tunnel and Orphan and Red Robin were going through an old subway station.

They were spread out across the city, but it was best that way. Later on in the underground tunnel system, they'd switch partners based on who which team was closest to them. 

This way, they all had had a chance to share information faster, especially when the comms were down due to shitty signal. They'd also get a chance to fight with another teammate. 

It was sort of like a relay race, a tag team. One with bullets and alien weapons and explosions and criminals, but still!

Jules had gotten her AI to scan every inch of the abandoned subway tunnel system, and she got the blueprint imprinted into the other's AI User Interfaces. It served as a map, but she couldn't get anything more out of the scans because of low resolution and many interfering materials.

Batman had also installed-well, gotten Tim to install- little monitors in everyone's suits and ultra hi-tech tracking beacons with specialized signals, mostly because they were to be underground.

Switchblade heard a small beeping noise in her helmet, and she tapped the side of it, silently telling Red Hood to tune into the comms.

"-everyone ready?" Batman's deep gravelly voice boomed through their comms.

Red Hood gave Switchblade a sideways look, and instantly they replied to Batman's question.

" VENGEANCE!" She shouted with Red Hood through their comms without missing a beat, copying Bruce's voice. "I AM THE NIGHT!"

From across the comms, Nightwing's chuckles and Orphan's giggles could be heard. Robin tsked, but even through the comms and his position across from everyone else, they could tell he was smirking.

"I'm BATMAN! FEAR ME!" Steph and Babs hooted.

"I WORK ALONE! I LOVE TO BROOD!"  Red Robin teased louder.

"I DON'T WANT TO WASTE A SMALL PORTION OF MY BILLIONS ON THERAPY THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY HELP ME- INSTEAD I WANNA KICK A THUG'S FACE IN!" Red Hood taunted.

 Batman audibly groaned. "I'll take the merciless teasing as a yes."

Switchblade fist-bumped Hood. "Love ya Bats!"

"....I- ahem, pay attention. We're going down there, so be careful and stay on guard all the time. I won't have comms, and Babs won't be able to contact any of you for the majority of the tunnel system. The trackers and your weapons will be the sole tech that'll work, along with your interfaces.  Make sure to switch partners later on in the action. Focus, we want to destroy his alien crystal supply and his Lazarus energy supply as well. Blow up his workshop. Infiltrate the archives room and take everything the man has. Immobilize any plan he may have set forth. Catch Snake and his men. Make collateral damage, and a lot of it."

Hood snorted. "Aye aye, Cap'n!"

"Shut up, Todd." Damian huffed through the comms.

Bruce sighed. "Anything else to say before we go under?"

Spoiler spoke. "If one of us don't make it-"

"Don't say that." Dick muttered.

"- I just want y'all to know it was great fighting with ya, and I love y'all. Also, if I die, I want to be buried with my waffle machine and I want the Coffin Dance to be played as y'all carry my casket on your shoulders. Also, I want Bladey to delete my browser history and play Despacito. I trust you."

Switchblade smiled. " Alfred, Babs, if you're listening in to the comms right now, please save me from this abomination."

"Promise me you'll do it, Bladey!" Spoiler screeched, and Jules laughed.

"Fine, fine!"

" Yay, I knew I could trust you."

"Bye Alfred! Talk to you later! Bye Babs!"

The others chimed into the comms, saying a quick short bye to Alfred and Babs, before they all went under.

*********************************************************

There was something off.

Her Bladey senses were like a muted sound in the background of all the chaos, but still present, a quiet thrumming noise only spiking whenever someone was behind her, aiming towards her, going to hit her.

She fought fiercely, dodging bullets of Snake's henchmen, punching and kicking and taking down criminals in a whirlwind of blades and white and silver, but something in the pit of her stomach felt off.

It felt...weird, that weird thrumming feeling going through her veins, but then again, it could be adrenaline?

No, she fought in intense situations before. Never had adrenaline mixed with her Bladey sense in such a way.

She'd admit that yes, she did feel weird, but she brushed it off. Maybe it was that she was hungry, or maybe her cravings for sweets increased exponentially when under life threatening situations and her whole body was screaming for it.

Yeah, that was probably it. Stupid Timmy taking her ice-cream and all.

Even if it wasn't the reason, she refused to go home. She was in too deep now, fighting back to back with Red Hood in the grimy abandoned subway tunnel system, while the rest of the Batfam cleared off the other areas.

They didn't even find the Lazarus energy supply, or the alien crystal supply yet! All the rooms and tunnel crossroads they went through seemed seemingly empty, except for the guards that were there.

All of a sudden, Red Hood flipped over a criminal he just shot in both legs, before firing at a person who was about to get his fists into Jules' back.

"So much for that Bladey sense, huh?" Red Hood huffed out, a smirk behind his helmet.

Switchblade smirked back. "I knew you'd get him. Can't a girl get a breather?"

"Fair enough, kiddo. Lost in thought?"

"...you could say that."

"Well, fight now, think later." Red Hood smiled, shooting the last henchman that raced in with an alien harpoon gun. Switchblade went over to the man, took the weapon, and broke it into two over her knee, before crushing the glowing alien crystal that fell out of it.

It's glow slowly died as the crystal lost power, and Switchblade tossed aside the broken weapon. She looked down with distaste at the knocked out criminals littering the ground like confetti at a party, each one immobilized  up with either Jules' sedative-handcuffs or Hood's signature, hi-tech, super awesome.... zip-ties.

Switchblade shot him a look. "Really?"

Hood stretched. "What's wrong with zip-ties? They come in bulk, they're extremely hard to get out of if you're bleeding out from a gunshot wound-"

"Hello? Anyone here?" A  voice echoed from one of the dim tunnels that connected through the crossroads they were standing at. Immediately the two vigilantes went on guard, Switchblade flicking out her blades and Red Hood reloading his guns.

"There's a man who leads a life of danger, to everyone he meets he stays a stranger; With every move he makes, another chance he takes, odds are he won't live to see tomorrow! Secret agent man, secret agent man; They've given you a number and taken away your name!-"

 Another voice added to the mix, singing absolutely terribly until a distinct WHACK was heard.

"Would you SHUT IT?! You sing like a f*cking donkey!" The other voice snapped.

"Ow! My head!... And my feelings!"

Immediately Red Hood lowered his guns, and Switchblade held back a giggle.

That was definitely Dick and Steph.

Nightwing and Spoiler emerged into the small crossroads where Switchblade and Red Hood stood, waiting for them.

Switchblade mocked Nightwing as soon as he smiled over at her. " Secret agent man, secret agent man; they've given you a number and taken away your name!" She spun her blades around in her palms expertly, giving 'Wing an exaggerated bow. 

Nightwing pouted. "Stop it! We gotta switch and clear the rest of the tunnels!"

Spoiler huffed. "Oh, so now you're focused on the mission!"

"I was always focused!"

" Says the vigilante aggressively singing Johnny Rivers three seconds ago." Red Hood laughed. "I'm not getting paired with you, hell naw! Spoiler, let's go."

He quickly grabbed Spoiler and they both ran down the left tunnel, leaving Switchblade with Nightwing.

Switchblade dropped down her hands exasperatedly. "Wha- not fair! Don't leave me with him!" She called after them.

Nightwing feigned hurt, dramatically draping an arm over his forehead. "Bladey, how could you HURT me like THIS?! How could you?!"

"You're such a child."

"You're  a child."

"Shut up."

***************************************************************

Nightwing led the way through the dim, damp tunnel, his night-vision setting in his mask the only thing preventing him from stumbling around like a blind bat.

Henchmen littered the tunnel, ones that Switchblade took down when they jumped out from the dark like those jump-scares at haunted houses. They were unfortunate enough to cross paths with the vigilantes while they attempted to escape through the small network of skinny service tunnels, and now they lay unconscious and tied to one another.

He noticed how warily Switchblade glanced around, how uneasily she took steps, and Nightwing set his guard up to 1000 percent. If she was wary, then he should be too.

They turned the corner along with the tunnel's curve, Nightwing looking down at her to spot her clawing at her arm.

"You okay?" Immediately Nightwing swooped down and grabbed her arm, turning it over to see a large shard of glass embedded in her skin.  

He glared up at her. 

"You know, you're supposed to tell me about this." He huffed, inspecting the wound.

Switchblade hissed through gritted as he pulled it out. "Don't tell Red Robin. Or Robin, for that matter."

He sighed, grabbing some gauze from his pocket and wrapping it around. Thank God Alfred slipped that roll into his pocket, otherwise Switchblade would've been bleeding out right now. 

"It'll clot up in good time."

"Thanks."

They walked deeper into the tunnel, trying not to trip over the rusty rails of the old railway that ran through its middle, and suddenly they arrived at another old subway station, the faded letters on the sign hanging above it reading 'Park Row'.

Bladey's eyes widened as her sense spiked in her stomach, and she immediately tackled Nightwing out of the way as a huge beam of green light fired at where they once were standing.

The force of impact sent chunks of the ceiling crumbling down, sending up a cloud of dust and dirt and creating a reverberating tremble in the tunnel structure.

A smooth voice cut through the ringing in Switchblade's ears.

"Ooh, I've got the best two birdies to hunt!"

Nightwing scrambled to his feet, his taser escrima sticks firing up with a blue light that lit up the dim station, as he spun around, trying to find the source of the voice.

Switchblade's gut did a 180 in her stomach, and she pulled herself up, trying not to puke. Her breath hitched in her throat as everything registered in her brain at hyper-speed.

Park Row. Crime Alley. The fact that neither partner-teams had found anything worth destroying.

It was all a ruse.

Snake swept into sight, standing upon the pile of rubble, and immediately Switchblade's throat went dry.

Because he no longer was human.

Smoke swirled up around him, his eyes glowing with an undertone of red that sent shivers down her spine. His face was a terrifyingly black, absorbing all light, making him look like a shadow.

Either this guy had severe melanoma and pink eye, or he made a deal with the devil.

And the latter seemed way more likely.

"Finally, we meet face to face." He maliciously smiled over at the two vigilantes.

"I wish we didn't," Switchblade spat, and immediately the man's hideously wide smile widened even more.

"Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder." He snapped.

"Lord have mercy on the poor beholder, then."  

The man growled, pissed off. "You're a little shitheel, ain't ya? Think you're so high and mighty?"

"At least I don't got my head high up in my ass." She snarked back, watching as the man's expression twisted to pure rage. She smiled behind her mask.

Switchblade flicked out her blades, gravity bending and swinging herself at him with a vicious speed.

He simply raised his hand, sending up a black wall of smoke, and she painfully thunked against it.

She hit the grimy, broken tiles, a bit dazed, before jumping back up on her feet again, the weird feeling in her stomach twisting it into knots.

Nightwing made his move, sweeping past the wall of smoke and lunging at him,  but he too was knocked over by an invisible force.

"I am no longer just Snake. I share my soul with the demon of Chaos. Fear me."

He swept his hand at them again, the smoke now solidifying into the large, distinct shape of a huge bear.

"And I think it's time I got Sparky some new chew toys." 

A hellhound burst forth, roaring with such a might it shook the rubble and sent bits of plaster all over. Mangled black fur as dark as midnight shone in the dim light, his orange eyes slits of rage, the muscles in his legs coiling up as he prepared to pounce.  His yellowed fangs were nearly 10 inches long, rows and rows of them arming his jaws with a dangerous bear trap that could chomp off their heads.

If Switchblade's throat was dry before, it was a desert now. A slight pinprick of fear shot up both their spines as the dog leaped forward, and they raced out of the way.

"Bad dog! Very bad dog!" Nightwing yelped as the hound's jaws nearly snapped his foot off. Switchblade grabbed his hand and gravity bent them both out of the way as the feral creature bared his teeth and snapped his jaws at them again.

Switchblade went into hyper-awareness, her eyes flicking around to find the blind spots of the huge hellhound, her ears hearing Snake take a seat as if he were just watching a movie, her nose registering the rotted smell of the hound's jaws and then she saw it.

The underside of it's jaw, just where it met his neck. Skin stretched thinly over it, giving her a perfect place to ram her blade into.

"'Wing! Duck!" She yelled, gravity bending a slab of concrete into the hound's nose. It whimpered for just a second, before turning on her with a vengeance.

Nightwing followed her movements and spotted where she was trying to get at. He fired up his taser sticks to maximum voltage, before yelling over at her.

"I've got it! You distract!"

Switchblade breathlessly nodded, not tearing her eyes away from the beast. She flipped onto the ceiling as it swiped at her with his claws, roaring once again into the tunnels. She cussed as one of her switchblades clattered out of her hand and onto the floor.

Nightwing dove for the blade, and the hellhound whipped around, snarling over at him.

In that moment the dog turned away, she jumped onto his bristly back and drove the blade to the hilt all up in its eye.

It bellowed angrily, dark blood erupting from its wound, and it reared up on its hind legs.

"Now!"

In that instant, Nightwing slammed the switchblade deep into the hellhound's neck.

The light in its other eye died, and it crumpled in on itself, erupting into a cloud of black smoke until just the skeleton remained. Switchblade slipped off the creature's remnants and hit the ground with a jarring pain, and Nightwing dived out of the way as the bones came crashing down.

He yelped as his foot got caught right under a huge tibia, the heavy weight of it knocking the wind out of him. Nightwing panted, covered in soot and dirt and the creature's icky ink-like blood, trying to squirm out from under the creatures bones, and he looked over at Snake, who begun to clap ever so slowly.

Switchblade sucked in another huge breath, her arm throbbing, her head hurting, her ribs broken, and her Bladey sense  was making her stomach continuously do 180s in her body, making her brain tear to pieces and her heart thump painfully against her broken ribs. 

"Fight me like a man!" She screeched over at him, her chest aching, feeling dizzier by the second. "You coward! Fight me yourself, you pathetic sack of shit!" 

She wriggled out from the pile of bones, and struggled to stand upright. Pure hate echoed through her body as she crumpled on herself once again, before trying to force herself to stand straight.

That Bladey sense was hurting her so bad...

"I've shown mercy to you, you ungrateful child, and yet you refused it. If you'd let my little pup kill you, it'd surely be less painful than this."  His laugh resonated as he pulled out his gun.

Everything went in slow motion as Snake pointed the Ripper and fired.

 Nightwing screamed as a  bright green flash blinded him.

"NO!"

****************************

AH IM GONNA HAVE TO SPLIT THIS CHAPTER CAUSE IT GOT AN UNHOLY WORD COUNT

I'll edit it laterrrrrrrr, damn im so lazy

P.S. = I'm heading back to school now, so updates will be more irregular...but I WILL DO MY BEST TO SATISFY YOUR FAN-PERSON NEEDS.

ehehehehe i hope you guys are pulling out your hair in frustration because of dis cliffhanger.

 (my writing sucks, i bet yall know whats to come already, but for my sake, pretend you dont ;) 

SEE Y'ALL SOON :)

-Jumpy

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

14K 837 38
He had his father's stature and built making him almost a miniature copy of the fierce CEO of Wayne Enterprises. Though the tint of his skin and the...
306K 8.4K 52
Ever wonder what it's like to be a Hero? Or what it's like to be... Someone? You'll get to know the answer as you soar through the roofs of Gotham, w...
2.6K 58 14
[Batfam and The Justice League and Female OC and Damian Wayne x OC] Carmen Tetch was stolen from her life at an age far too young. It was all Talia A...
927 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...