Marrying a Stranger (manXman)

By NS_silverlining

What would you do if a stranger say 'Yes' to you? Say yes to marrying you. Would you say 'Yes' too? or 'No'... More

Part 1: Where is Blue?
Part 2: Our love story
Part 3:Our love story (Cont.)
Part 4: The Unfaithful
Part 5: Heart-Ache
Part 6: What is the reason?
Part 7: Drunk and Tears
Part 8: It's Liam
Part 9: Cancel It
Part 10: Thank You & I'm Sorry
Part 11: When is the date?
Part 13: Family First
Part 14: Between Family & Love
Part 15: Meeting Him Again
Part 16: Dad, I'm Sorry.
Part 17: Coffee
Part 18: Plan B
Part 19: What is this feeling?
Part 20: Make up Stories
Part 21: Absolute decision
Part 22: A lunch treat
Part 23: Finding solution
Part 24: Sudden change
Part 25: Meeting Lockhart's

Part 12: Cancellation

322 10 3
By NS_silverlining

A/N: Hi there my dear lovely readers. I think I've rested for quite a long time. And, I'm sorry for those who keep looking forward to reading my novels. I sincerely apologize for not updating the new novel for the past few months.

As usual, forgive me for any grammatical errors. And, I hope that my dear lovely readers will keep on supporting me and this new novel. 

Happy reading :)
........................

[Ayden POV]

After Liam left my table, there's another guy came approaching me. But, this one is no stranger. He is someone that I would ask to sit with me without him offering himself to take a seat.

"Oh! Eli. Are you done with your briefing?"

He was gasping for a breath, before handing out his phone right in front of my face.

"Why you giving me your phone?" I asked being confused.

"Your mother wants to talk to you. She said she couldn't reach you by your phone."

"Oh, yeah! That's because I left my phone in the office." I put a pause before continue asking for a question.

"Did she tell you why?"

McKellen shook his head, "No. She didn't tell me why. But she sounds urgent."

"Urgent?" I was being calculating the possible matters.

Meanwhile, McKellen left my side to go order for a drink and I proceeded to call for my mother.

She picked up the call at first ring. I'm sure she was waiting for my call.

"Hi, mother."

"Yes, Ayden." She replied warily.

And then, I knew there's really something wrong. But, I don't know what is it.

"You know what, son. This morning I feel so excited. I woke up early in the morning and got myself dressed...just to go and watch my one and only son in his wedding suit. But, all I got is a disappointment."

Oh! Sh*t!!

No, I didn't curse at my mom, but at myself.

Then, I know what this is all about. What is the thing that my mom upset at.

Today should be the day of fitting for the wedding suit. But, of course I got McKellen cancelled it already.

"Mother...I can explain." I said slowly and gently.

"Yeah, of course you should explain it. But, I wonder who is the best tailor other than Juan Carlos?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, you cancel the order from Juan because you found another tailor better than him, right?"

Oh god!! She totally understand other way round. She thought that I changed tailor, when the fact is I changed to not continue with the wedding anymore.

How should I tell her about it?

"Ayden? So who is it? And, when is the fitting date?"

"Umm...mother?" I was hesitating and having thousands of butterflies were flying in my stomach.

"What is it, son?"

"The truth is...I wasn't having the tailor changed. It is just that...the thing between me and Blue doesn't work out well."

"What do you mean?"

"I broke up with him." Finally, I let the big lump out of my throat.

"What?!! Why did you broke up with him when the wedding just around the corner?" She sounds upset.

"That's why I told you...we don't substitute Juan Carlos with other tailor. We just had the wedding cancelled."

There's no reply from the next line for couple of seconds. I don't know what kind of reactions were made by my mom upon hearing to this truth. However, I'm sure she was totally disappointed with me.

"We need to discuss further about this." Finally, she spoke out. "I need you to come home after work, today. No excuses."

Just before I replied her, she ended the call in an instant.

I'm dead for sure.

"What's wrong?" Asked McKellen who had been sitting in front of me with a cup of latte (my guess).

"It's about the wedding cancellation. I'm a dead meat, Eli."

"You should know that this thing will happen sooner or later. It's just the matter of time for your family to figure it out. Besides, this is a big thing...of course you can't hide it. They should know." Said McKellen.

"Yeah, I know. But I wasn't prepared for it. I don't know how should I explain to her. Geez!!" I heaved a hard sigh.

"It is not something you can prepare yourself with, Ayden. It is not like you prepared yourself to get cheated...and it is not like you prepared yourself to break up with Blue. It is something you can't forseen it."

"I guess, I will go nuts with all of this thing happened so fast. Usually, I would feel at ease after listening to your advise and logic... surprisingly, this time it didn't lesser. The nervous and wariness still linger inside me."

McKellen used another tactics when I said his great advice didn't work on me anymore.

He used his hand to grab mine before said, "Don't worry to much. You have me to watch your back."

And it did work a little bit.

"Thanks."
...........................

[Blue POV]

"Hey, J."

"Yes, bro. What's up?" Answered Jacqueline on the next line.

"I just want to tell you that I couldn't make it this weekend. There's family stuff that I need to attend."

"Oh! Is this about your family dinner or something?"

"Yes, it is. But, don't worry I already asked my friend to replace me as the vocalist. He's good too."

"Alright then. It should be no probs. Besides, it is quite a good plan that you didn't perform this weekend."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you should make your fans miss you sometimes. Perhaps, it can boost up your popularity." She said together with a giggle.

I cracked a small laugh too.

"Yeah, right! I guess, I see you soon."

"Okay. Be careful and drive safely."

And that's the end of our tele conversation. Before I hopped into my car and drove down the highway towards my home.

It wasn't that far actually. Just 4 hours by car...but if I speed up, give or take 3 hours. The reason why I rarely go home was because the hectic schedule of my life. And also because...I can't face em.

My family.

I feel like I had disappointed em in anyway. Especially, my parents.

And, I wasn't prepared myself to tell them about the wedding got cancelled.

Sigh~
.........................

[Ayden POV]

Just like instructed by my mother, I drove down the road towards my family house.

Correction, it was McKellen who was driving the car whilst I kept myself busy,  thinking about how to explain to mother about the whole thing in a short and precise term.

I kept fidgeting my point fingers with one another. Nervousness engulfed me.

"Are you alright?" Asked McKellen.

"Of course not. Not at all." I was emphasized it.

"She is your mother, Ayden. Not your step mother. What are you so nervous about? I'm sure she would understand it, if you explain to her briefly about what had happened."

I heaved a long sigh.

"You're talking as if you didn't know Madam Lockhart so well. You know how strict she is and not to mention about the rules and regulations she had in hands."

McKellen burst out a laugh. In an instance, I shifted my gaze towards him.

"What is it?" I asked curious.

"When you mentioned about that, it makes me reminiscing about the time Madam train me and the others. You know, she always remind us...'Once you step into this family, you've become a part of this family too. And, in order to maintain in this family, you need to-

I crossed into it and we both spoke in unison.

-abide by all of the rules and regulations. And also, act with manners."

And then, both of us cracked a giggle.

"Did madam tell this to you too?" Questioned McKellen.

"Of course. I have heard it longer than you. Not only me, Annette and Amelia also have to listen to it."

"Wow! Madam is really a strict and dicipline woman."

"I also wonder why she had to go to that extent. Lockhart is not a royal family anyways. We're just ordinary family who runs a business. Why bother having those nonsense rules and regulations?"

"It can't be help that she is the one with the title of Philosophy Doctor of Pcychology and Counseling. Also major in ethics. So this thing is in her field of study. For sure she wants to practice it."

There he goes with his logics.

"Besides, for me there is something good out of it."

I was surprised to hear that from him. Because, I was someone who would never agree with my mother rules.

"Huh? What is it again?"

"I said, the rules that madam has set on got positive side too. For example, you... yourself, Ayden. Look at you, how did madam had trained you to become one fine gentleman. You even get well known for having such a good manners. So praised your mother for that."

I squinting my eyes over McKellen because this time I couldn't handle his logic. Yes, I admit he was right, but still I would never agree with my mother ways of thinking.

Because for me, that rules made the relationship between us as mother and son became cold.

"And, we are here." Announced McKellen before he pulled over right in front of the yard.

The main door of the house was already welcoming me with housemaid, which is Miss Betty waiting for me at the door frame.

I stepped out of the car and slowly took my steps towards the door.

With a smile plastered on her soft pink lips, she welcomed me. "Welcome home, sir Ayden." She said while ushering me inside and took my coat away once I took it off.

"Good afternoon, Miss Betty. How're you doing?"

"I'm doing good, sir. How about you sir? It's been awhile since I see you...and you look more stunning than before." She was flattering me.

"Oh, really? I don't think I look that good. I think my face is wreck actually, with the eyebags and dark circles around my eyes."

"Really, sir? What happened, sir?"

I just replied with a faint smile and deviate to other topic. Because, I'm not someone who loves to share about my life with everyone that ask.

"Where's my mother, Miss Betty? I'm sure she already expecting me. I don't want to make her waiting any longer."

"Oh, yeah! Sorry, sir. I was to carry away chatting with you. Madam is waiting for you in the backyard, sir."

"Alright, thanks, Miss Betty."

"Most welcome, sir."

Just after Miss Betty left, McKellen came to join beside me. He went to park the car a moment ago. And then, we walked side by side towards the backyard.

"Good evening, mother." I greeted her as soon as I approached the table.

She was reading a book with a cup of tea in her other hand when I arrived there. However, she put down the book and also the cup on the table once she noticed my presence.

"Hi, son." She replied to me with a small smile on her thin, red lips.

Only then, I took the seat opposite to her.

"Good evening, madam." Greeted McKellen with a clear voice while standing upright with chest out and stomach in.

What is that? Is he saluting his chief in a soldier camp?

"Oh! Hi, Eli. Long time no see you? How're you doing?" Asked mother being thoughtful.

"I'm good, madam. Thanks, for asking. I hope you're doing well too." Replied McKellen politely.

Mother just pulled a tiny smile at the corner of her lips.

"Eli...I would say that you're granted with 2 days of off day. So, you can have this weekend all for yourself. Since, Ayden will stay here throughout the weekend...so, there's no need for you to watch over him. This house is the safest place for him anyway." She ruled out the order.

"What? Mother, since when  I agree to spend my night in here?" I voiced out my disagreement.

I guessed I'm no longer the obedient son. Ha Ha Ha.

"Ayden, it's been century since you last visit home. Why can't you stay just for this weekend? Besides, Amelia would be happy to meet you." My mom threw out the 'persuading' card.

Jeez! If I bluntly reject her offer, I will be crown as an ungrateful son.

"Okay, fine. I will stay." I agreed in a disagreement (in other words, forced to say yes).

"That's my son." She was smiling happily.

"Then, I should excuse myself first." Spoke McKellen who was standing beside me.

Oh! No! Eli going to leave me alone being interrogated by Madam Lockhart.

"Yes, sure. Please have a nice rest, Eli. You will never get the same opportunity twice." Said my mother.

"Thanks, madam. So, I will take my leave now. I will see you soon, Sir Ayden." Said McKellen and walked away leaving me behind.

I guessed I'm on my own now. Whatever it takes I have to settle this matter as soon as possible and return back to my normal life.

The normal life, without him.

Without, Blue.

.............................
0111. Thu. 170920

#staysafe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.6K 64
"He takes pleasure in seeing me cry. As he walked away he gave one more blow. I think I heard a rib crack." - Eden Holland. 16 years old, a junio...
4.9K 173 22
Guy looked at me with a serious expression on his face, "You know James, it seems to me like you might have a crush on me." I immediately got defensi...
161 21 31
Sometimes we need to lose a soulmate to find the one... Charlie The year was 1989. I was 16 years old being sentenced to a reformatory in a small cit...
40.2K 2.8K 62
Marrying a straight person isn't good at all. But falling in love with a straight person is it wrong? Having crush on him for several years is it a c...