the gifted || marauders era

By l-yraa

Being reborn into a completely different timeline seems a bit impossible, isn't it? but things aren't always... More

warning
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
not an update
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
epilogue
sequel, books, and updates
drafts
rewriting

prologue

168K 3.5K 7.3K
By l-yraa

(edited; 04/04/21)

Lilith Carrington, a 1994 Hogwarts graduate, an idol to most students, and some would say, a legend. The girl has a knack for reading, and she was gifted with a photographic memory, causing her to easily process things. The young Carrington also has an intelligent mind, a core for the talents she has.

Not only was the girl gifted with intelligence, but she was also gifted with unbelievable beauty. Despite all that, the girl was one of the kindest human being everyone has come across. The said girl loves helping others, which ultimately caused her busy schedule. It was hard to dislike the girl with all her traits.

Despite seeming like she had a perfect life, she, in fact did not. Her life was just simply empty before Hogwarts. She was left to live with two house elves, who took care of her whole life. Both her parents were two powerful pureblooded wizard and witches who were killed when they refused to join the Death Eaters.

That unfaithful night on the 21st January of 1979, caused both of the Carrington's life. Unknown to the group of Death Eaters who rounded the couple that night, the Carrington's had a secret room behind one of the library's shelves, where they hid their beloved daughter with their two loyal house elves.

The incident was the main cause of the young Carrington's life goal.

Lilith Carrington met Harry Potter at a very young age. Only when she was 9 did she see a 5-year old Harry Potter sitting alone on a park swing one day. She immediately felt a pull to the boy, without knowing his identity, she walked over to him. However, when he introduced himself as Harry Potter with a toothy grin, only did she widen her eyes in surprise.

She had grown up with the story of the young hero who saved the whole wizarding world. But then the 5 year old had told her stories of her spoilt cousin who bullied him his whole life. There and then, she decided that she would always be there for the scarred boy.

Ever since then, the girl and the boy grew an unlikely friendship, spending every birthday together and every evening before she had to attend Hogwarts. The bespectacled boy was extremely upset when he found out his only friend would be attending a boarding school far away from him.

But she had promised that she would return every Christmas and Summer just to see him. This made the younger boy feel slightly better.

So, when the 31st of July, 1991 came, she was quite upset when she found out the Dursleys had brought him away for a few days. But Harry had told her about their strange behavior of keeping his letters away. This had slightly angered the teen, but she had hold back from hexing the cow.

She was extremely pleased when Harry told her Hagrid had visited him the night of his birthday, informing him that he was a wizard, and that Hagrid told him she attended Hogwarts. The teenager had joined the pair on shopping for their school supplies, and accompanying Harry to get his first ever wand. There was strange glint on the old man's eyes when he saw Lilith enter with an 11-year old Harry Potter.

Strange.

Years later, she still took care of him during her Hogwarts years, helping Harry with every near-death experiences that happened on his life, helping him on his studies, his Triwizard tasks, and his stupidly endangering activities. The girl tried her best to stop him, but the stubborn boy refused to back down, and Lilith, being the mother hen she was, decided to join him on his suicide missions.

Harry treated the older girl as if she was his own mother, often calling her 'Mum' as a joke, which would usually bring a bright smile on her face. The relationship the two had was unique, they had a strange bond. They tell the other everything, even secrets that are supposed to be kept to themselves.

Now, in the midst of the Second Wizarding War they were losing, she still stuck by his side. They had lost so many people, including Ron Weasley, who had sacrificed his life for Hermione Granger, his love. They lost so many lives, The Weasley twins, Arthur Weasley, Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, and so many others.

The member of the Light had fallen into a terrible state of depression, but Lilith had to stay strong for everyone who lived and who lost their lives. So she kept her head up. She was one of the last members of the Order of the Phoenix to live, alongside with Hermione Granger, her sort-of student and sister figure, and Harry Potter, the boy who lived.

Currently, the three were camping near the borders of a forest somewhere near Godric Hollows, they had successfully destroyed 4 horcruxes, and there were 2 left that they had to find, Nagini, and Rowena Ravenclaw's Diadem, which they found out was located in Hogwarts. However, the school had been taken over by the Death Eaters, which of course led to the torture and murder of half-bloods and muggle-borns.

The three friends were huddled inside a small tent in the middle of the woods. They were all discussing their next move. They were running out of options, Voldemort was too powerful.

"We go for the snake." Harry decided.

"Are you insane? Nagini sticks to his master! We go for her, we go for him!" Hermione hissed, it was obvious she was frustrated.

"Harry, you need to think this through, it's a death wish." Lilith shook her head.

"We don't have any other options, Li." Harry sighed, tilting his head back in frustration.

It was evident the trio were desperate to do something-- anything, to stop him.

"Harry, we have no chance of facing him." Lilith tried to talk some sense to him, but the boy simply glanced at her, "What other choice do we have? If we keep hiding, he will get stronger and we will have less chance on beating him."

Harry sighed and rubbed his hands together, a habit he picked up during the run whenever he felt anxious, Lilith noticed.

"We've got to do something. And right now."

"Harry." Hermione started, she was thinking this through, unlike her best friend who was willing to risk everything to do that. "We're not going to win against him. It's impossible."

"Then we die trying." He quietly answered, glancing at Lilith who had been silently staring ahead. Lilith seemed to not notice when the two bestfriends glance at each other.

They were having a silent conversation through their eyes, and Harry finally broke it with a small, unnoticeable nod to Hermione who closed her eyes in fear.

"He's right, 'Mione. As much as I hate to admit it, we're stuck at a dead end. If we go to Hogwarts, they'll start killing students just to lure us out." She sighed.

The muggle-born witch looked desperate for any other option, but she knew, that once her mentor agreed on something, there was no options left.

"Alright."

----

And so, the trio prepared a last meal, knowing that there was a small chance that they would walk out of the battle alive. The last meal wasn't much, just two pieces of bread, and a drink in each flask.

They had a normal conversation, for the first time in what felt like forever, not wanting to spend the last meal of their lives talking about the war. As they finally finished their meal, they took a huge gulp of their drink.

Lilith finished it with one gulp, while the younger duo had their eyes trained on her.

"Ready?" The youngest of the trio asked the two other girls.

"As we'll ever be." Lilith took a deep breath.

"Wait!" Hermione hurriedly said, the two snapped their eyes over to her.

Fear was evident in her eyes, as well as the tears that were slowly forming. She took a deep breath before slipping her hands to her back pocket, pulling out an old, beaten notebook.

"Keep this." Hermione handed the book to the woman. Lilith glanced down at the book in confusion, "Hermione, it's yours."

"And I'm giving it to you." the girl insisted, Lilith slowly hesitated, she knew what the girl was thinking.

"No." The woman sternly said, pushing the book back to her. "You can give it to me when it's all over." 

Hermione shut her eyes tightly, knowing that there was no chance they would make it out alive unless Harry still had his luck. "Alright."

Harry shot the two a quick look before he inhaled a deep breath, closing his eyes in concentration trying to open his mind up for the Dark Lord. His face contorted in pain as he clutched his head tightly.

A sudden snap broke them out of their worry for the boy and they dropped into a defensive stance. 

Silence.

All hell broke loose when they saw bloody red eyes staring straight at them. Spells shot out from every other direction, and the three blocked the curses every second. One casting a protection spell, while the other attacked.

They managed to stun four death eaters, making an opening for them to run after the snake, which they immediately took.

More and more Death Eaters appeared, the trio knew that they were doomed. As Harry continued deflecting spells, his eyes met Hermione who was staring at him with determination. She gave him a firm nod, not waiting for any signs of response before she ran the opposite direction, and towards the Death Eaters.

Lilith, whose eyes were trained on the large snake, noticed at the last second. Horror struck through her when she noticed what the younger girl was doing, "Hermione, No!" She yelled.

The brunette ignored her calls, and instead stood still on the ground, wands pointed towards the incoming Death Eaters. She looked back to her mentor once, offered her a small, sad smile and mouthing; 'You can do it.'

Right after that, Hermione yelled out something she couldn't make out, when a bright white light emit out of her wand. only did she realize what the younger girl was doing. She was using all her magic to cast one powerful, but very dangerous spell.

The second the light grew brighter, Lilith looked away and heard a loud explosion.

She screamed.

When she looked back, dozens of bodies were lying on the ground, unmoving. Including Hermione.

Lilith whimpered at the sight, her eyes watering. But she couldn't do that now.

They had no time to look back, because this was the only chance they had. She ran with tears in her eyes, not daring to look back, and instead focusing on the hexes and curses that were sent their way, before casting a powerful protection spell which managed to blast a few death eaters away from them, knocking them unconscious.

Voldemort was walking calmly towards them, a sickening grin on his face, and all the girl could see was red.

"Lilith!" Harry screamed at her way, the girl snapped her head towards the boy, noticing the snake slithering speedily towards her, she raised her wand and glared fiercely at the creature before yelling,

"Avada Kedavra!" A bright green light shot out of the wand towards the snake, causing the snake to drop dead.

This managed to anger the Dark Lord, who let out a grunt of pain before he composed himself and smirked evilly. The remaining duo looked confused, he looked less powerful, sure, but the death of Nagini barely affected him.

"I've known that you were hunting my horcruxes. You never seem to learn your lesson, Potter." He hissed the name with disgust.

"But I've come up with an incredible solution. Using your precious allies as the next things you have to destroy." He laughed loudly, his eyes glinting with so much evil.

Lilith came into a realization, and her eyes grew wide.

"N-no.." Lilith stuttered, clutching Harry's hand with all her might.

She stepped back when the wizard step closer to them.

"You will never win, Harry Potter." Voldemort hissed once more,

He smirked, slowly raising his wand and pointing it towards her.

Lilith quickly pushed Harry back and clutched her wand very tightly.

"Run." She whispered.

"Run, and don't ever look back." She hissed, glaring at Voldemort hatefully.

"Lilith-- No. I can't let you-"

"Isn't this heartwarming." The voice drawled out sarcastically. "Avada Kedavra!"

It all happened at once, Harry pushed her away from her spot, "Save Buckbeak!" He yelled.

The green light hit his back, causing him to stare at her with widened eyes, before dropping to the ground. A bright white light burst out of the two, covering the whole area of the forest. The last thing the girl saw was Harry's forest green eyes staring lifelessly back at her.

Because unknown to everyone, Harry Potter was dead. The same way and the same reason Lily Potter did.

That night, a soul bond was formed between Harry Potter and Lilith Carrington.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 16.2K 29
. โ PLEASE S T A Y , I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE. โž โ I'M AFRAID I ...
1.1M 49.9K 97
Bonnie Miller always thought of herself as a coward. After the First Wizarding War, she ran away to America from the terrible truth that all of her f...
151K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
2.6K 43 9
Just some fanfic and oneshots of the Marauders! Hope you enjoy, and please leave comments and constructive feedback! [All characters belong to JK Row...