Normal Isn't In My Dictionary...

By MyoneG

{Book 1 & 2 of the Redfield Series} Definition of normal; Conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expe... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Five

240 10 2
By MyoneG

How did this happen? How did I become the walking dead? How did I even come to know about this stuff?

I was tired and stressed, and all I wanted to do more than anything was sleep, but my bed would not get any comfier that the last time I checked.

"Spike, what the fuck did you mean about figure it out, I want to go to sleep." I mumbled, throwing the covers off and trying to get comfy on the floor. Which was even worse than the bed. I think I must have been making a lot of noise because someone had to come and bother me.

"Eliza, what on earth are you doing up here?" Adam bemused, leaning on the door handle.

"The bed and the floor are un-comfy and I can't sleep, it's scratching against me and i can't stand it." I frowned, standing back up and throwing the covers everywhere.

"Your body is still adjusting you have all these new feelings and are much more prone to irritating objects." Adam opened, I groaned.

" I know that! I just want to go to sleep and I have nothing to sleep on." I yelled, Adam smirked.

"Oh, you're that kind of vampire." Adam groaned, "you have to be so awkward don't you."

"What do you mean 'that kind of vampire' how many fucking types are there?" I growled frustrated.

"You'll find the question is, what to sleep in." Adam chuckled, I growled, what the hell do vampires sleep in? Then it dawned on me. Tobias made a joke about a coffin at his house, he said some vampires do sleep in them.

"No, no, no, no, I am not being a dracula, that's creepy." I shivered, Adam laughed at me.

"It's completely normal to sleep in a coffin for some vampires, they just find it more comfortable, although most of the time it's because they are so old and they know no other form of slumber." Adam droned on, I stopped listening when he started getting into the history, I threw a pillow at him, he caught it effortlessly.

"No I refuse to sleep in a coffin." I said stubbornly, folding my arms and holding my chin held high.

"Have fun sleeping then." He taunted, I threw a lamp at him but he ducked and it hit the following wall. Wait...Spike sleeps in a coffin?!

The thought scared me, what if I like get locked in, I will suffocate! Adam walked off, I could still hear him chuckling to himself.

"There's a coffin shop in Realms Gate. We'll visit it while you're making friends." Adam shouted from the hallway, I grumbled some curses.

"I hate you all!" I cried, of course I didn't, I just needed to express my anger. I was hungry again, oh I couldn't put up with this forever, the constant hunger, it is going to drive me mad.

"A coffin, seriously?" I mumbled to myself, I grabbed a pair of sunglasses and sat outside my window ledge. I didn't like this, I couldn't even see the colours properly, they were all dull and depressing. I lay back against the bricks,I just sat there, thinking for maybe an hour or so, I didn't see the point of counting them, after all, isn't the one thing vampires don't worry about, time? They didn't need to worry, they don't change or grow, or evolve. They were Stuck and I couldn't even feel the sun on the rest of my body.

Someone called my name. 'Eliza?'

I turned my head "what?" I replied, they appeared in my bedroom, it was Ryan.

"We're leaving now." He told me, I nodded and climbed back through my window and followed him out.

We all arrived in the garage, and I had this cheeky glint in my eyes. As I looked over to Peter's car, he was grabbing his keys from the unused work bench at the side.

"Eliza, are you sure you're ready for this?" Adam asked, I was too busy plotting my plan on Peter's car to process what he said fully.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled, I lifted up my hands and Peter's car slowly wobbled, as I raised my hands up into the air, Peter's car followed, wobbly at first but then I got the hang of it and it was almost scraping the top of the roof. Peter looked like he was about to rage.

"If you scratch that, I will stake you." He threatened, I smirked, almost tempted to just to see his reaction.

"Put it down," Peter drafted "carefully." He quickly added. I laughed and put it down. I didn't realise that I had mis-aimed and when I went to put it down, it knocked into James' wing mirror, snapping it off. I looked shocked.

"Oops, sorry James." I apologised, he hissed under his breath and appeared in my face. He clenched his fists and growled.

"Damn you Eliza." He spat, I stood there innocently. "Get in someone's car and stay there." He called as he climbed into Adam's car, in the drivers seat.

"James get out my car:" Adam demanded, James did no such thing and Adam was forced to go into the passenger side of his own car. I ran straight towards Peter's and he groaned as I climbed in, Ryan went to his and Tobias had to go into Ryan's car and then revved up the engine, as did Peter and James.

We all shot out the garage at full speed, shooting down the road, the windows were tinted black and Peter still made me wear glasses. Peter drove like a maniac, and I wished I had got into someone else's car, I thought this might be a good time to explain to him about what happened with Spike, although I was scared out of my mind. What was I meant to say?

"Peter? Tobias didn't turn me." I stated suddenly, wow, that seemed better in my head, Peter slammed down his foot on the brake, and If it wasn't for my seat belt, I would have gone flying through the window.

"What are you talking about?" Peter inquired, holding the steering wheel tightly. He turned his body to face mine. I shivered in fright. "I was there."

"No, Earlier Spike annoyingly appeared in my room, he told me everything, about how Antonia ordered him to, and how he had to oblige, and that I'm his responsibility." I jumbled out, looking out of the window, I paused for a moment. "He said you can't make a vampire if the human is already dead, Tobias' blood didn't do anything."

"He's lying, Spike is manipulative." Peter growled, I shook my head.

"No he was telling the truth." I defended, Peter raised an eyebrow. Clutching the wheel harder.

"How do you know?" Peter questioned, I laughed quietly to myself, I felt stupid right now, Peter wouldn't understand.

"I attacked him, actually I almost killed him, but Spike told me to stop, and I did, I didn't want to, but I did, Spike controlled my moves Peter." I sighed, tilting my head back, should I tell Tobias, or let him live his life guiltier than he should be. Peter restarted the car and started to catch up with the others.

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch." Peter said in a very low tone, that I almost didn't know it was him, Peter wasn't safe driving like this. I wanted to tell him that Spike had no choice, but why, he ruined my life, or what was left of it.

"Peter please slow down." I whispered, gripping my seat tightly, I felt my nails dig into the leather. He sighed and he did listen and slow down the car.

"We'll talk about this later, don't worry I'll speak to my brothers and the other newborn, then we'll work out what to do next, ok?" He said emotionless, I was glad he was the one going to explain it all. I wouldn't know where to start.

"Ok." I replied, being slightly relieved, I felt weird, I could see further than what I had imagined, it's like having binoculars for eyes, and I can smell everything we passed, including the people. I gulped, trying to take my mind somewhere else.

"Think of something that makes you happy." Peter advised, keeping his eyes in the road. I listened to him, and closed my eyes, thinking about me and Tisha when we were kids, I smiled, us dancing around to music, my parents watching and laughing on the sofa. I missed those days.

I opened my eyes and I seemed to have calmed down and distracted myself from everything around me that wasn't worth my time, which was most things.

I watched ahead as I realised we weren't anywhere where I had seen before, it was a dreary old town that seemed like it had been abandoned. We drove past it silently as we continued on. I was curious to what this place is, or was, It was too awkward to ask now, so I thought I might do it on the way home.

"I don't like the idea that Spike is responsible for you, and I don't like that he is your creator." Peter blurted out frustrated.

"What can I do about it now, he's controlled by Antonia, and I'm controlled by him, I'll have to get over like I'm trying to get my head around the fact that I'm-I'm dead." I fumbled, most of that come out by accident, I'm having a hard time stopping all these emotions getting on top of me.

"You don't know Spike, he's older and stronger than you think, if you think we're bad enough, I'm going to be honest, he could take us all down one handed if he wanted. He's vicious and cruel." Peter answered, I didn't think I couldn't take his advice.

"Brilliant, I get stuck with this stupid bond to a undefeatable annoying prick, that's just dandy." I choked out, at this point I hadn't noticed our change in scenery, it was beautiful, or that might just be because my senses were better, but it still didn't have the same effect like it did when I was human. The windows and shades still hid the true colours.

"I'm guessing Spike also told you about the bond then, and I never said he was undefeatable, I just said he could take us down."

"Yes, well, It's just another thing I'm adding to my hate list."

"What's on your mind, your looking out the window like a bore."

"Peter, how can you live like this?" I pondered, not dropping my gaze from the scenery.

"What as a vampire?" He responded, I smiled seeing a young girl being pushed on a swing by a boy.

"Not just that, but I've been a vampire for less than a day and I don't like not being able to see the daylight, how do you do it." I stammered, looking away from the window, and to my hands. He looked solemn and sad.

"You get used to it, anyway I didn't think you liked the outside thing, you stayed indoors all the time." Peter pointed out, I laughed.

"Guess I didn't realise how much I loved it until I lost it." I shrugged, the car pulled to a halt and I realised that we had now arrived in our destination.

"The idea of this is for you to make friends , maybe you'll find it easier if you found some people who you can talk to...about Girly things." Peter pronouned, I snorted.

"Yay." I said sarcastically, I opened the door and stepped out the others already waiting beside their cars expectantly. I stepped out all the different things around me swarming at me all at once, I held myself together.

"Don't cause any trouble please, if someone is bigger, stronger and smarter than you, do not provoke them." Adam advised, I smirked.

"When do I ever cause trouble?" I teased, they looked at me seriously. I dropped my smile when they all gave me death glares.

"Eliza, this isn't a joke, you're in vampire territory now, at least try and be a little like a vampire." Ryan urged, I narrowed my eyes. I flinched when my ears caught hold of a voice, I twisted my head sideways slightly, trying to listen closer, James went to open his mouth but I quickly hushed him.

'Where are we?' A panicked voice yelled from the distance. I let out a deep growl from my throat. My head shot up, the five boys were looking at me anxiously. I swiftly turned my head to the distance, I had to make sure.

"I could never forget that voice." I whispered harshly to myself, but it's when I laid eyes on the person and almost lost myself.

"Eliza, what's wrong?" Tobias' voice spoke up, for a first time.

"Naomi?" I said in a quiet outburst, she must have been at least fifty foot away from us but I knew it was her.

"Enlighten us." Adam consoled, I started noticing that she was yelling at a tall man and thrashing her arms out. He only seemed to get aggravated by her moving. I let out an unholy growl. How dare he?

"She was my best friend back when all this was just...this." I delivered, answering. They looked at each other.

"You had friends?" Peter said sounding astounded, I snarled at him, he just looked amused.

"Yes, I had friends." I retorted, I watched as this evil man pulled her away, something boiled in my stomach.

"She's human, yes?" Peter guessed, I nodded. What was she doing here. I noticed the guy hit her across the face and that blew it, I started walking towards them angry and hungry.

A strong grip grabbed my wrist. I turned to see Adam was holding me and I tried tugging away, but even with my new strength he kept his grip tight. He had a very stern look.

"You can't walk over there." Adam cautioned, I looked at him gobsmacked. He pulled me back to the cars.

"If you get any closer, you'll be the one tearing her throat out." Peter eased, I twitched nervously.

"But, she was-is my best friend." I defended, almost hitting him. Their faces looked guilty, but they didn't back down.

"No. We came here for a reason; to help you control yourself, if you walk anywhere near her, her last memory will be of her best friend tearing her throat out." James said coldly, I cursed and took out my rage on the closest car, punching a deep hole into the Carrera, over and over again, making it look like an absolute wreck. Ryan growled.

"Done? Good, we'll go for a walk before I smash something... and It won't be a car." Ryan fumed sending me a death glare, I pouted, giving one last look in the other direction, watching as she was taken away by someone into an alley. A sadistic smirk creeped on my face, knowing she was going to be ripped apart and fed from.

I froze, what did I just do? Think? Did I really just say that about Naomi, something was wrong with me. I shook my head a few times, trying to stop thinking about it.

I breathed quicker and scurried behind the boys who were already heading past a dreary field where a ground of shaded teenage boys where playing a normal sport of soccer. I looked closer and noticed there were half of them not wearing glasses, they seemed to be on the opposing team, losing by quite a lot by the looks of the scoreboard. A whistle blew and almost popped my eardrum, I let out a painful groan, shaking my head a few times to try and stop the ringing.

"Don't focus so hard." Tobias commented glumly, I looked over to him, he was torn, but I tried not to care, he should be, he should rot for what he tried to do to me.

"Lets get you a coffin, I can guarantee there won't be any humans, so you won't have to worry." Adam chimed in, perky suddenly. I itched my jaw furiously, and I hadn't realised how fast my fangs came out, I had to literally slam my jaw shut, almost cracking bones.

"Hurry up." I instructed venomously, they rolled their eyes at my impatience.

"How do you make friends?" Peter asked curiously, it angered me slightly.

"I don't usually try and kill them, but apparently I want to bite every single person my eyes land on, so, tell me, how am I meant to do anything, without do anything i'll regret?" I persisted as we turned a corner into a road, which seemed to be filled with people, I hissed, catching scent of so many alluring things. My smile twisted into that of a smirk.

"Control yourself, you're in public." Adam warned, I clenched my jaw shut as tight as I could and brought my arms tightly I my chest, trying so hard to block my senses off.

"I can't do it." I hissed trough my clenched teeth, all I could think about was the delightful smell of blood, soothing my hunger as it dripped down my throat. There was a few angry sighs.

"We'll then you're going to have to bite someone then aren't you." Peter retorted, I softened, no way.

"I-I n-no." I stumbled out, between the hungry staees I was giving the humans. Ryan quickly hinged onto my arm and dragged my in an opposite direction to the others who knew very well we had gone but kept on going anyway. Ryan wasn't letting go.

"Ry-" I was cut off quickly by his angry voice.

"Just find someone and bite them, it's not hard...the hard bit is stopping."

"I'm fine, I can do this, I'm not hungry anymore." I lied, he smirked, finally releasing his grip on my hand.

"Vampires are always hungry."

"I don't want to, please." I begged, Ryan narrowed his eyes at me and then suddenly I was greeted by a sudden quick movement and we both appeared in a shop with the others. Ryan stalked off to his brothers.

"She's so fucking stubborn." He growled under his breath, Tobias looked over to me sadly, almost disappointed, but I didn't care. I looked at my surroundings and realised it was full of coffins, some modern and some very dark and old looking.

A lady came waking over so gracefully, she didn't even look like she was touching the ground. It was obvious she was a vampire.

"Ah, hello, hello, how can I help you today." A very sweet voice chimed, I averted my gaze to the girl, the boys did the talking.

"Hi there, the little one needs something comfier than normal bedroom attire, got any ideas?" James said so sincerely it was almost fake, he then mumbled something under his breath, but knew i would hear. "Because she has to be awkward.

"Ah, the newborn?" She said pointing at Tobias, Tobias then pointed to me, I smiled awkwardly, my fangs still refusing to be less noticeable. "Oh, the other newborn, right this way young lady." She said, with a slight mock humour. I trailed behind everyone, the shop was almost empty, but there were a few browsers, who just smiled politely as they passed us.

We were lead to the back of the maze of a shop there were so many different styles and colours, some just looked outrageous.

"Here are the female selection, I suggest with her height you try this aisle." She pointed out, aiming us in the direction, "if there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to ask." She said her practiced line and walked back the way we came.

Peter sighed, "Lets get this over with." I smirked, yes, let's get this over with. We traipsed down the aisle, their were flashy pink neons down to the dreary black boring ones.

I looked at them all intrigued, I bit my lip. Tobias seemed to be scrolling through as much as I.

"Your going to be picky aren't you." Adam groaned, as if I was the most painful thing possible. I snickered.

"It's not my fault, blame Spike, he's the one who I got the trait off." I mumbled, looking at one of the dark detailed coffins next to me. Peter frowned and shot me a glare.

"Spike? What are you talking about?" Adam inquired, I gulped, Peter had not obviously told them yet.

"Eliza, you really are one of a kind." Peter accused, I looked around trying to find something to change the topic.

"Seems she is too busy trying to pretend she's browsing, I'll explain." Peter conceded, their heads turned to him. He explained everything I said to him in the car, and there was a few angry sneers throughout.

"Spike turned you." Tobias, said disbelieving, I gulped, my face showing no emotion. I rolled my eyes at his slight smile, smile? How dare he.

"I knew it was weird that only you were the one to have the discomfort of sleeping in a bed." James enticed. I shrugged.

"Drop it." I sighed, my eyes glazed over a very unique coffin that I found mysterious and cool at the same time. It was black, with purple floral swirls, entwining up though the coffin, lid and all the sides.

At the bottom it has in the smallest print you could ever see, it looked like symbols or creepy letters, it looked cool.

"I like this one." I piped up, they seemed still annoyed at the newest discovery, but their faces turned into a weak smile.

"And there I thought you were actually going to pick a bright pink one." James mocked, I laughed, at least I could still laugh.

"Nah, pinks not my colour." I replied, they smiled. "Pink is more of a Peter thing, his bedroom was pink at one point." I joked, everyone laughed, except Peter who rolled his eyes.

"Let's go, I am already fed up of looking at these things, they just make me feel old." James complained, already leaving the aisle and telling the shopkeeper which one i wanted and that we'll pick it up on the way back, they were still determined for me to make friends.

We were all standing outside the shop finally and the crowd seemed to have died down, in fact I could concentrate better. We made out way out of the little town lane and back to where all the teenagers seemed to be hanging out, a young boy started running towards us.

"Tobias!" He called, Tobias' head snapped up and a cheerful smile appeared on his face, I missed that smile.

"You alright Dane?" He replied, Dane who I just realised must be one of Tobias' friends gave a gentle punch to his shoulder.

"Yeah, man, where you been? Haven't seen you around for a while." His cheerful tone seemed to lighten up the mood of the sad newborn.

"I've been pre-occupied." Tobias shrugged, he gave a quick glance over to me.

"Ah, well, your not busy now are you? Because the lads are getting ready for a game of Predators, you in?" Dane asked, his smile was warming and genuine. Tobias looked over to us for some kind of allowance to leave. "Hey, you haven't introduced me to your mates... and lady." Dane sent me a flirtatious wink from beneath his glasses, I wouldn't notice if my sight wasn't so impeccable,and I could already tell what kind of guy he was."They are welcome to play too, that is, if the more experienced ones, go easy." He looked over to my cousins who were a fair few inches taller than him.

"Dane this is Ryan, Adam, James, Peter and Eliza." Tobias introduced, my cousins didn't make a single move for anything. I smiled politely. "Nah, Dane they have other things to do." Tobias spoke up for us all, he nodded his head in goodbye and headed off towards a woodland area. They watched the two boys leave to catch up with their friends

I looked up to he boys annoyed, what if I did want to play?

"You guys are so rude. That boy was being really nice and you just glared at him." I wavered, they ignored me for a moment.

Adam laughed "I remember playing Predators, it was a good game, Peter always got competitive." Peter scowled.

"The modern version of the game, was never as good the one we used to play." Peter shrugged, smiling widely. "But it's still fun."

"Why didn't you signal you wanted to play." I questioned, if they liked the game why refuse? They all rolled their eyes at me.

"Naive," James expressed "we didn't play because of you, the name gives it a clue, and with us playing, it wouldn't be fair on the newborns." He laughed.

"Because of me? You are the ones telling me to make friends." I snapped, Peter clicked his tongue, reminding me of spike for a moment.

"Predators is a game where the vampires hunt down their prey, when we played years ago, the humans were allowed a single stake, but nowadays they aren't, you're not actually supposed to kill the human, but the who idea is first one to kill or bite their human wins, still wanna play?" Peter taunted, I gulped, they used I play that that's messed up.

"That's such a messed up game, it's sick." I spat, Peter put a smirk on his face.

"We're vampires, what did you expect? a board game? besides Tobias is the one playing it." Adam pointed out, "Not us." I stopped for a moment, Tobias was playing? I glimpsed over there and he seemed to be having a good time mingling with all his friends, he need mentioned any before. He didn't even look our way.

"So when I asked you that time what you guys do for fun, this kind of stuff?" I exasperated, grabbing my hair, that's horrible. "Vampires are horrible."

"You're a vampire." Peter pointed out, there's that canniving Peter I'm used to, making me me feel disgusted.

"Yes, because I totally had a choice." I whispered sarcastically, they frowned.

"We didn't have a choice either." Peter said drearily, making me feel bad, Adam nudged him.

"It's not all bad." Ryan comforted, I looked at him like he was joking. He held his hands up in surrender as If my glare would make him drop dead. I sighed defeated, he gave me a weak smile.

"Just wait til you can flit." James added, flitting? I grumbled.

"I never liked that as a human."

"It's different when your a vampire, completely different."

"If you say so." I sighed, James patted me on the back, I rolled my eyes. Now this was the point where they wanted me to try and make friends, I felt like I was at school again, the only thing they didn't say in their little speech was 'be yourself' because I understood why, I was a very unique child.

Then as I was about to walk off, someone familiar or should I say some people. They were like a little gang.

"Shit." I hissed, turning my back, because they were on their way to walking past.

"What?" Ryan asked confused, I didn't turn around to show him, who I meant I merely explained.

"The little gang of two boys and three girls behind me, make sure they don't see me, yeah?" I said through gritted teeth, he looked over to where I was telling him to, and he gulped, looking slightly worried. He looked back down at me.

"You might have a little problem with that." Peter cut in. I frowned looking at him, then my nose caught on to the smell of blood and I instantly tensed. I spun around, looking for the source, my eyes spotted a bag of open blood, I looked to see who and out if all the people here, it had to be him. I growled, turning my body back to face the boys.

"What do I do?" I panted, they paused, thinking of a plan. I tried so hard to concentrate on something else. But I could already feel my mouth burning insessively, and I assumed my eyes were the famous shade of red that all vampires get.

"Just hold out, we have to get you something to eat, you can't always fight it." James explained, I nodded, trying as hard for my will to not give out, I could hear the laughter of them passing by, the mark gradually faded and I let out a deep breath in relief.  

"You need to feed." Adam stated, I nodded in affirmation, He was right, I was seconds away from losing it and I couldn't let that happen. Peter scanned the nearby crowd.

"Isn't there like a vampire café or something?" I asked with unease, as Peter scanned the crowd some more.

"Yes, of course they have, but that would just make you jittery, you need fresh blood as a newborn to gain control of your urges." Peter said, not stopping from his search. His eyes stopped on a girl, a fragile thin, blonde girl, walking down the vampire streets alone, she looked lost.

"Stupid, stupid human." Peter mumbled, stepping away from us and walking up to her, he appeared in front of her swiftly, a sly grin on his face, I admired carefully.

"You lost beautiful?" He teased, sending her a flirtatious grin, she blushed looking at the handsome man before her, I smiled, Peter was flirting with her.

"Actually I am, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere back there." She grumbled, her eyes glazed over Peter for a second before returning to his eyes, his smile only grew.

My mouth almost watered, I could hear her heartbeat slowly rise as she gazed at this man before her.

"There's a lane ahead, it leads to a main road, maybe you could find your way back from there?" Peter offered, as he held out his palm for her to take. She smiled.

"That would be a great help, thank you." She replied happily, her blond hair swaying in the wind and her innocent eyes glistening with joy.

"The pleasure is all mine." Peter finished taking her hand and leading her down the road, taking a swift left down an abandoned thin alleyway, her eyes began to become confused. Before they both disappeared into the alley, Peter sent me a warning glare to follow, I abided and slowly slipped into the alley behind them, the woman hadn't noticed my appearance.

"This seems like a very narrow street, are you sur-" her delicate voice trembled, she turned to see me and Peter slapped a hand around her mouth before she could say anymore words. She tried screaming but they were all muffled and jagged, her body shook violently. I stalked towards her as Peter kept her quiet and pinned against the wall.

"Try not to kill her." He teased, I bit my tongue before I could send a retort, my mouth automatically opened as I could see the blood pulsing through her veins, I bared my fangs as they itched to bite the silly girl. I felt my gaze strengthen as I leaned closer towards her neck, now the vampire was in control, and before I could do anything, I lunged forwards sinking my teeth into her neck.

The taste was like nothing I had ever tasted, it was warm and rich, slipping down my throat, warming up my whole body and sending tingles to my mouth, I could hear her heartbeat slowly weaken, and I noticed she had stopped struggling, the blood tasted so good, I couldn't get enough.

"Eliza, stop now." Peter said sternly, gently trying to pry the girl off of me, but I just dug my teeth deeper.

"Shit," Peter growled, "Eliza, you're killing her." I liked that idea, that I had the power and I could control her life, the blood oozed into my mouth more and more, refreshing my body and empowering me.

Suddenly I was pried off the girl as my teeth tore out of her neck, Adam pinned me against the opposite wall, as Peter let the girl drop to the floor, her heartbeat was near to nothing. I let out a hiss that sounded like something terrifying, Adam held his grip around me as he bared his teeth in my direction.

My eyes darted to my almost dead prey and I smirked pleased, I could feel blood dripping down my chin and in the gaps of my teeth. I licked the blood from around my mouth, savouring the last tastes. I felt more alive than ever.

Peter was crouching beside the girl, keeping her alive as best he could. He lay her down, certain that she was going to be fine and that she needed rest but if I had taken one more pint she would have been dead already.

"Eliza, look what you almost did. You almost killed her." Adam growled quietly, as his grip maintained, my eyes softened, as I fought against the sick vampire controlling me, I stopped fighting Adams grip and I dropped my jaw in horror.

I did this, I almost killed her, Adam stopped me?

"I-Is a-she ok?" I stuttered out, trying to get a better look, as dried blood stuck to her neck.

"She'll be fine." Adam reassured, releasing me, now that I was not so worked up and blood driven.

"Oh my g-g" I started, but it was like hiccups, I couldn't get the word out. The boys chuckled at me.

"Replace it with something else." Peter shrugged, that would just ruin the whole sentence I thought.

"Your first bite was a disaster, but you did it, after being so freaking stubborn about it." Adam smirked, walking out if the alley and I followed Peter was behind me, as I rubbed off the remaining bits of blood off my chin in disgust.

James and Ryan were where we left them, they smiled at me pleased. I smiled back, but said nothing on the topic.

"I don't know about you guys but I'm going for a little snack myself." Peter outburst, I rolled my eyes, but they guys seemed to agree.

"Wait, your leaving me alone in this creepy vampire world." I exasperated, Adam nodded.

"You don't need us for a while, you've fed and now you can explore and mingle or something, just don't get in trouble."

"How am I meant to find you?" I asked quickly before they sped off for their meal.

"We'll find you, it can't be hard, you'll do something stupid and make a scene anyway." Peter pointed out, they laughed and were out of sight before I could say another word. I still don't know how to do that, not that I particularly wanted to, but in an emergency it might be nice to know how to.

I was stood like a loner, and I saw all these kids playing and hanging with their friends...it seemed so normal. Almost human like.

After a few minutes of standing there like a retard, I decided I should move somewhere, so I headed over to the football field, where some other kids were watching the game, I wasn't a fan of football, but it just didn't make me look so loner ish. I stood at the sidelines between some other people who were watching, some cheering on their boyfriends others just watching, no one seemed bothered at my sudden appearance.

The whistle blew, and thankfully I wasn't concentrating on it, so it wasn't too loud, a boy had illegally tackled another boy on the opposing team.

"Foul!" The referee called, the two boys stood each other up, one was human with shaggy brown hair and the other was vampire, with smooth blonde locks.

"Careful where you tread." The vampire threatened, the human didn't flinch, as he narrowed his eyes at the taller and stronger boy.

"You shouldn't have gotten in my way." The human boy retorted, the blonde haired boy, almost threw a punch but the referee split them up and the vampire got a red card, and was sent off the pitch, his eyes darkening beneath his shades, the human was sent back into the game.

The red carded boy growled and sat beside where I was sitting, he gave me a quick gaze and stretch out to watch. Someone tackled harshly but there was no whistle blown.

"Surely that should have been a foul." I mumbled, not realising I said it out loud, the boy let out a laughing breath.

"The humans are always favoured, more than us, it's more for their pity." He replied, I turned my head towards him. He said 'us' just having me included into the same comparison as vampires was enough to make me gag.

"That's a bit unfair, that's like giving them special treatment." I inquired, he shrugged, watching as someone dodged another player.

"They're humans." He simply replied, curling his lip in distaste.

"I noticed that all the humans are on one team, and vampires on another, why don't they mix them up?" I reasoned, he chuckled quietly.

"Where's the fun in that." He teased, I couldn't help but crack a smile, and giggle afterwards, he looked and me and smiled broadly.

"My name's Seth, and yours?" He introduced, I raised half a smile.

"I'm Eliza." I answered, I think I might have just made a friend, possibly.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you Eliza." He said sincerely, I blushed, and looked at the ground swiftly, he looked amused by my gesture. The football came flying in our direction, and Seth didn't realise until the last minute, immediately i. flung out my hand and the ball moved back into the field, on Seth saw my movement. I cursed under my breath.

Seth looked at me puzzled, trying to figure me out, I pleaded with my eyes for him to not say to much, he shuffled his body slightly, his t shirt slightly lifting.

"I've never seen you around," he finally said, thankfully he didn't say anything and I mouthed 'thank you' to him and he discreetly nodded. "You new to town?" He asked curious, I clicked my tongue.

"Yeah, you could say that, I'm new to this town." I said emphasising this, as in the world around us. He nodded in understanding. He looked behind me, I turned to follow his gaze.

"Seth, are you toying with people again?" A feminine voice squealed, sitting down in front of us both.

"No, Yaz, I only do that with you." Seth remarked, The girl; Yaz, pouted.

"That's mean, and now you won't even introduce her to me?" Her very high voice cried out astounded, I rubbed one if my ears that seem to be externally damaged due to her voice. Seth laughed quietly.

"Eliza, this is my very annoying friend Yazmina, Yazmina this is Eliza." Seth introduced, I nodded in a hello.

"Hi." I said shyly, she smiled, showing off her pearly teeth.

"Hey!" She exclaimed, almost sending me into shock at her cheerfulness.

"Yaz, she doesn't want to be deafened by you, I'm sure she wants to keep her hearing." Seth said mocking her, Yaz punched him in the arm and he pretended it hurt, I giggled.

"I won't deafen her!" Yaz squealed even higher, which did not prove her point any more than what she wanted it to.

"No, of course you won't." He replied his voice dripping with sarcasm. He lay back stretching out his legs, almost kicking Yazmina in the process. These people were nice, even if Seth did get a little angry on the field. Seth and Yaz had both asked for my number, so they could hang out some time, I agreed and we switched numbers.  

I looked over to where my cousins had parked and found that they were watching with intrigue, I turned away, how embarrassing, because that wasn't like creepy or anything.

"So Eliza, are you here by yourself?" Seth asked, ignoring Yazmina's pouting, I glimpsed at the boys.

"No, I've got my cousins with me." I stated , I didn't know what to say about Tobias, I didn't know where we stood. Seth raised an eyebrow.

"I'm assuming by the look, your cousins are the four guys leaning against the cars, Am I right?" Seth guessed, I laughed, nodded my head, he smiled back. Yaz, quickly checked her phone realising she had a text.

"Ah, gotta go guys, nice meeting you Eliza." She outbursts quickly, I waved goodbye, and she flitted away, right in front of me. I blinked, getting my gaze back.

"She's very perky." I muttered, Seth agreed, nodding his head. He stood up and so did I.

"Your cousins are calling." He pointed out, what? How? I focused my hearing and he was right they were calling me.

'Eliza?'

"See you around." He waved, and walked away, I headed back towards my family members. I was much more cheerful knowing there were some nice vampires out there.

"So you do have social skills." Peter mocked, I rolled my eyes. Of course he would say something like that.

"Time to go." James exhaled, I nodded, hopping into Peter's car, Ryan got in his still working beat up automobile, mumbling cusses and Adam and James both got in Adam's car, still no sign of Tobias.

I was so tempted to ask 'are we leaving Tobias?' But I thought no, he can find his own way home. They had ordered a delivery of my 'bed' because sports car were not a very suitable transport vehicle. It should be waiting for me there.

Peter turned on the music, and out blared some kind of jazz/pop band I had never heard of before. He drove one again like a maniac, but I was too busy staring out the window to notice although having the speeding scenery made I hard not to notice, but my eyes caught every second of it.

We didn't really make much conversation on the drive home, Peter made small talk, asking about my new friends and how I'm adjusting. We arrived home quite quick.

There was no hesitation as he as he sped into the garage and parked, I jumped out the car and followed into the house. They were right, on the front porch there was this gigantic box, tall and packaged. I slowly removed the wooden casing, and inside was the magnificent coffin, along the top it had something that wasn't there before.

'Eliza Redfield'

My name was inscribed into the black wood close to the top, I smiled at the nice idea, but it just made me feel more dead inside, and reminded me that I didn't have a heartbeat or warm blood pumping through my veins.

"Still doesn't seem real, huh?" James' cocky voice approached from the front door, I bit my lip and he, happily carried the coffin resting on his shoulder blade up to my bedroom, where Adam had already thrown out my bed and destroyed it in the hallway. Peter thought it would be funny to actually put a table with a blanket in there to match, so it really did look like some kind of funeral.

James placed it on top gently and patted me on the back as if saying 'have fun' yeah because sleeping in a coffin sounded so joyful. I walked over, swiping a hand across the wood, it was smooth and the purple swirls went perfectly. I lifted open the lid, which stood upright on its hinges, the inside was soft red fabric that went inside and under the lid.

I thought 'eh, what the hell'

I slipped off my converses and climbed into the coffin, my feet were an inch or two from the base and my head and plenty of space to move, I lay down, this was so comfy and cute, it's like my own little world, I was slightly skeptical about closing the lid, but I slowly did and it was like luxury, I felt safe and cosy, and I was minutes away from sleep.

"I see you've got comfortable," a familiar voice rang from outside I knew exactly who it was.

"No thanks to you" I backfired, although I found it hard to complain from this luxury.

"I remember my first coffin, wasn't as decorated as these modern ones, what a fine piece of woodwork it was, it got destroyed by hunters one day, they thought I was inside." His voice chimed, I clicked my tongue, opening the lid and facing his dazzling body.

"Why are you here again Spike?" I groaned, all I wanted was to sleep in this contraption.

"Antonia wants you to be able to be predator like, and quite frankly you can't do anything at the moment." Spike chorused, I sighed, falling back down into the material, he looked down at me, blank faced.

"It might be best if you listen to me, because I can't leave until you can do something that Antonia wants you to do." He hissed, losing temper slightly.

"Can't it be tomorrow, I'm so tired." I complained, he frowned, and I closed my eyes trying to sleep, I suddenly feels like I was floating but when I crashed to the floor, I realised spike had picked me up and dropped me to the ground I groaned, as he winded me for a few seconds.

"Awake enough now?" He mocked, I growled angrily, he just rolled his eyes, I stood up and brushed myself off.

"Urgh, fine." I grumbled, he nodded, smiling at my give up, he would just demand to anyway, with the silly bond maker thing.

"And I didn't even have to command you, wonderful." He smirked, I wavered him to hurry up. He did no such thing and went slower just to piss me off.

"I really don't like you right now." I spat, pushing him towards the window, he was like a freaking rock, but I managed to get him to budge a tad.

"Apparently I grow on people." Spike shrugged, "Most of them end up dead though, so I don't know where that theory came from."

----------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 1.5K 49
Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never understand, for her life was anything b...
292 12 14
After years away from her hometown, Cecilia has decided to move back to live with her friends. As time passes, things go awry and she finds herself i...
180K 5.1K 46
'So you're a werewolf?' 'Not exactly.' Normality means the state of being normal, typical or usual. Miya's sense of normality could be considered cra...
324 37 34
When she was born her mother knew she wasn't normal. Her mother's family itself wasn't normal. She feared that her beloved daughter carried the gene...