Opia || Rafe Cameron

By 22_rayna_22

Opia- (o-pia) (𝚗) 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚖𝚋𝚒𝚐𝚞𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜�... More

Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Updates

Chapter 35

7.2K 118 78
By 22_rayna_22

John B pulls the old van next to the airstrip. He parks behind a chain link fence to the side of the strip to keep us out of the Cameron's sight. He puts the car in park before we all climb out quickly. We run up to the fence, trying to get a look at the situation.

"What's the plan? Broad strokes." Kie asks.

"I don't think we got that far." John B states.

Pope takes out binoculars, looking toward the airstrip. "They're loading up the gold."

John B takes the binoculars, taking a turn in watching the plane. A car pulls up next to the plane. I recognize it as Ward's SUV.

"There's Ward." I point out.

John B slowly drops down the binoculars. A worried look crosses his face as he continues to stare out at the commotion.

"What?" Kie asks eyeing him. "What!"

"It's Sarah." John B whispers. "She's with him? Wait, he's hurting her."

"What?" I ask looking up at the boy.

"They're fighting." John B informs us. "Holy shit." John B backs up away from the fence.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Pope asks.

"John B, where are you going?" Kie questions, walking toward the car.

John B climbs into the van and backs up from the fence. He leaves a good 5 yards between the van and the fence before putting the car in drive and slamming through the fence. The Pogues yell at John B, trying to stop him.

"John B, what the hell?" I yell after him. We all run to the now gaping hole in the fence.

"What are you doing?" JJ yells.

"John B!" Kie shouts.

"Come back!"

John B speeds over to the airplane. He pulls up behind it and speeds up so he can catch up to the plane. He speeds up, pulling in front of the airplane.

I hear sirens coming from down the street, heading in our direction.

"Guys, I can't get arrested." Pope turns to us.

"I'm on probation." JJ points out.

"Look, we're no good if we're all in jail." Kie says.

"Come on." Pope says. I don't move, continuing to stare out at the airstrip. My brother grabs my arm. "Mila?"

"I can't leave. Those are my best friends out there. Sarah's like a sister to me."

"Okay." Pope says, understanding.

The rest of the Pogues take off running down the street. I watch them disappear around the corner before turning back to the scene.

A police car pulls onto the airstrip behind Ward. Anxiety bubbles up in my chest at the thought of the cops taking John B into foster care.

Peterkin climbs out, walking toward Ward. I see Ward turn to John B. Peterkin pulls her gun out of her holster and points it directly at Ward.

"Holy shit." I mumble. I see a familiar face walking onto the runway. I notice a black object in his hand. "Oh, fuck!" I yell.

I'm instantly sprinting toward the boy. My legs burn as I spring onto the concrete. I pump my arms, trying to reach him as quick as possible.

"Cameron!" I yell out. "Rafe Cameron!"

He looks up at me, his eyes widening. He points the gun toward the woman.

I finally reach him. I grab his bicep, trying to get him to focus on me. The airstrip goes silent as everyone watches us.

"Rafe, listen to me." I beg.

"No, y-you shouldn't be here." I could tell he was freaking out at the sight of me.

"Rafe, please."

"I have to protect him." He stares at his father, still kneeling on the ground, facing the other kids. I step in front of his line of shot, in front of Peterkin.

"Mila, what are you doing?" John B panics.

"Cameron, I know I say this a lot, but I need you to listen to me. I need you. I can't lose you, do you understand? If you do this, you're gone. There's three witnesses here."

"I have to."

"Cameron, I love you, more than anything. That man, he doesn't. He's a fake. He only cares about himself, you know that. You're a victim of that. I need you to come with me. Okay? I need to be able to spend the rest of my life with you. I know you're a good man, so prove it to them."

Tears well up in his eyes that are trained on me. I could see his hands shaking.

"Cameron, put the gun down." I beg. I step toward him.

"Rafe, I love you son." Ward speaks up.

"Shut the hell up." I say to the man. "Baby, please."

I reach out to him, holding my hand open. A tear falls from the boy as he reaches out to my hand. I move with him as he bends down to put the gun on the ground. He begins to sob as he stands, collapsing into my arms. I wrap my arms around him, cradling his head.

"It's okay." I cry. I had my own tears running down my face.

A loud gun shot makes me jump against the boy. A loud gasp escapes my lips.

"Shit." Rafe mumbles.

"Oh my god, oh my god." I whimper in fear. I turn to see what had happened. I turn just in time to see Peterkin collapse to the ground. A gasp escapes my lips when I see Ward with the gun Rafe had previously been holding.

"You saved me, son." Ward looks up at Rafe.

"No! Shut up! Shut the fuck up!" Rafe yells.

"Rafe, get in the car." I turn to my boyfriend.

"No, no. I'm not leaving you." He shakes his head violently.

"I'm right behind you, I promise."

He nods before walking over to the SUV and climbing into the passenger seat.

John B and I drop down to Peterkin, trying to get the bleeding to stop. I place my hands over the wound in the sheriff's shoulder. John B's hands cover my own, adding more pressure.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." John B murmurs over her. Tears stream out of my eyes, another sob escapes my lips.

"Call!" Peterkin wheezes. Sarah sobs behind us, watching the three of us. "Call for help." John B picks up the radio from the Sheriff's chest.

"John B, give me the radio." Ward demands.

"No!" I yell. "You psycho!"

Ward bends down, squatting next to us. "Come on, give me the radio."

I flinch away, hyperventilating. Fear pumps through my veins, being this close to Ward. I scoot closer to John B, moving away from the man.

Ward rips the radio out of John B's hand. The sherrif continues to gasp and groan. Ward steps away with the radio.

"Run." Peterkin tells John B.

"I'm not leaving you." John B responds.

"John B." I say getting his attention. "I got this. Go."

"Run." Peterkin repeats.

"I'm sorry." John B whispers to her. His voice cracks in emotion

Sarah drops down next to me, helping me.

I see Ward walk over to the passenger window, knocking on it. He tries to pull the car door open. Rafe pulls the door closes quickly.

"Ward! Leave him alone!" I yell.

Ward continues to bang on the door.

More tears fall from my eyes, I shake my head. There was too much going on for me. Sarah continues to sob next to me. I lean my head against hers as we cry.

"I'm sorry." Sarah mumbles to the sheriff.

Ward walks back over to us.

"S-Sarah, I need you to-"

"No!" Sarah yells.

"Sarah, I need you to get up."

"She's dying!" Sarah cries.

"Enough!" Ward demands.

"What is wrong with you?" Sarah sobs.

"Go home, Sarah." Ward tells her.

"I'm not going home until the medics come!"

"Sarah," I whisper. "Let's go. Your dad won't let her die. We need to go."

I grab her hand, pulling her with me to the car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.9K 738 28
▌𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 John B's Kook half-sister realizes that her lifelong best friend is everything she's ever wanted, and everything she can never have...
238K 3.6K 26
"You've really got it coming to you now," he threatens, eyes blazing. He takes another hit of his juul before tossing it on the table. "Truth or dare...
5.1M 110K 40
❝ your ass must be jealous of all the shit that comes out of your mouth. ❞ ❝ i like the noise you make when you shut the fuck up. ❞ outer banks { jj...
1.1M 21.3K 118
𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘢𝘥𝘫. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘸𝘦...