The Fortune Teller || RYEJI

By zeherezehera

At a Korean high school, charming and rebellious Ryujin vies for the affections of a shy new student, Yeji. T... More

Prologue
CHARACTERS
Chapter 1: Me
Chapter 2: The Fortune Teller
Chapter 3: A Success
Chapter 4: Her Name is Ryujin
Chapter 5: Chou's Cafe
Chapter 6: She Was Hurt
Chapter 7: She Avoided Me
Chapter 8: The Quest
Chapter 9: Jeonju; Do I Really Cheated On Him?
Chapter 10: I Am Her Baby
Chapter 11: Crossword Puzzles
Chapter 13: Is It Actually Unreal?
Chapter 14: The Attack
Chapter 15: Christopher Chan
Chapter 16: Fight With The Teacher
Chapter 17: Finally
Chapter 18: She Wants to Attack
Chapter 19: I Fought with Eunwoo
Chapter 20: What Had Happened?
Chapter 21: The Revenge
Chapter 22: Double Problem
Chapter 23: Eunwoo's Mother
Chapter 24: Visiting Ryujin
Chapter 25: She is My Hero
Chapter 26: Goodbye Ryujin
Chapter 27: The Death
Chapter 28: We Broke Up
Chapter 29: Life Without Ryujin
Chapter 30: We Met After Years
Final Chapter: Blessed
Thank You Note 📝 (MUST READ!!!)

Chapter 12: We Ended

1.3K 75 46
By zeherezehera

Yeonjun came with his uncle, Mr. Choi. He is someone who could turn the table upside down; not by strength and rather, through negotiations. I am quite uncomfortable with his presence. No, I am quite uncomfortable with the presence of both of them.

I knew why Yeonjun brought his uncle together with him; to reconcile with me. He knew I couldn't say no to him whenever Mr. Choi was around.

I made a straight face while motioning the both of them to enter the house and let them to sit on the sofa. My mother entered the living room with some snacks and tea. She then left the three of us to talk. She seems like trying not to meddle in my business. I appreciate it much.

I turned my gaze towards Yeonjun, who is trying his best to appear as pleading as possible. As remorseful as possible. As regretful as possible.

'I am sorry, Yeonjun. Everything will come to an end. Our times had ended. I already found a new book to read on.'

Mr. Choi cleared his throat, trying to get my attention.

"Yeji, look. The things that had happened in Jeonju is a mistake. It is a common thing to happen between couples. Arguing, bickering, and quarrelling is a common thing to occur between couples. Yeonjun is also a human. He can make mistakes. He is afraid of losing you. to him, you are his everything. He couldn't bear to lose you. That thoughts had made him to act like that. He became defensive towards you. Moreover, he is still a young man. He couldn't really control himself when he was raged at that time."

I sighed, nodding, wanting Mr. Choi to continue his speech on Yeonjun-Is-Not-Wrong-At-All.

"It is not I am trying to defend him. He also had confessed to me that he is also wrong by acting like that. Everybody makes mistakes. I also made mistakes, from time to time. You also made mistakes at times. Everybody does."

I rolled my eyes upon hearing that. I couldn't help myself for being rude in front of someone that is older than me. But the fact that his uncle is pressing me like this made me wanna throw hands onto Yeonjun's face.

"I came all the way to Seoul from Jeonju just to accompany Yeonjun to meet you. I really hope that you will forgive him and get back together. I also want to make sure that this little boy right here will promise to you that he won't ever do that same mistake towards you again." Mr. Choi ruffled Yeonjun's hair.

"Yej."

"Don't call me with that name, Yeonjun." I glared at him.

"Yeji, I beg you. Please forgive him. Please let the mistakes that he had done before to be as a lesson for him to be more matured both in his life and your relationship."

"That's it?"

"Yes, Yeji."

"Then let it be as a lesson for him not to act like that. And also, as a lesson for me not to give more chances for a douchebag like him."

"You were saying?" I could see the rage in Yeonjun's eyes.

"Mr. Choi. The scene in Jeonju is not the first time he had done to me. This boy right here is a really jealous person. He didn't even allow me to be friends with anybody that I like. He didn't even let me to talk with any boys, including for educational purposes. All these times, I could bear with it. No. I tried to. But for Jeonju's incident, it was beyond the limit. I couldn't bear with it and forgive him. What type of a boyfriend would call his girlfriend with degrading names? In public? He even tried to slap me. Yes, not everyone will treat me really well. I got it. But he was my boyfriend at that time. It doesn't really hurt if someone that hate me to call me names. But he was my boyfriend. How could he called me like that if it is true that he loves me? Is that really a love?"

"I am sorry, Yeji." Yeonjun frowned. Rage that once I could see in his eyes were already gone.

"Don't say anything. Listen to what I want to say first. Mr. Choi, I would love to be with your beloved Yeonjun. Once I agreed to be his girlfriend, it means that I am ready to be with him, for the rest of my life. But, considering his attitudes towards me, I don't think that I could really spend my whole life with him. Sexualising me in front of his friends. Does that is a really good thing to do as a boyfriend? Is that really a necessary? We didn't even do that thing before, but he bragged about it in front of his friends. It is too disgusting, the way he wanted to brag about our relationship. I love him, Mr. Choi. But did he feels the same? Or is it just as a thing to be bragged in front of his friends? That he has a girlfriend? To me, he doesn't really love me. He loves himself more. He only wanted to be satisfied with my presence, with owning me, instructing me to do this and that. He only wanted to control me, to satisfy himself. Not because of love. I agree with you. He is just a human. That he made mistakes. But I am also a human. I also made mistakes. And the biggest mistake that I had done is trusting his words, forgiving him again and again, believing that he will change, believing that he loved me; and not using me for his own satisfaction. And now, I really hoped that you will understand on why I don't want to continue my relationship with him. He is a beast. Not a lover."

"Do you really want to end things with us, babe?"

"I am not your babe. I am a whore. A slut. As you have said before."

"I am so sorry, babe. I need you. I love you."

"No, you don't love me. You only wanted someone to be with. You only wanted someone for you to own and control. Not someone that you can love."

"I am so sorry, Yeji. I promise to you that I won't do the same again. I will treat you better."

"I have forgiven you." My heart ached.

"Then, are we a thing now?"

"I only said that I have forgiven you. Not wanting to reconcile with you. Not to get back together with you."

"No, Yeji. No. I am a nobody without you. I need you. I really need you. Please don't leave me. I will do anything for us to work, Yeji. I love you. You are my sunshine, am I right?"

"No. You are wrong. I was your sunshine. Am no longer your sunshine. Your sunshine had faded away once you treated her like a shit."

"No, Yeji. I know that I am wrong. But can't you forgive me for once? Doesn't everybody deserves a second chance? I promise I will be better."

"You have been given a lot of chances before. But what you had done? You let it go just like that. You can promise me to be better, but I don't think that I could put my trust on you, Yeonjun."

"I am willing to do anything, Yeji. Please accept me for who I am, Yeji."

"Then do I need to accept the fact that you called me a slut? A whore? Do I really need to accept the names that had been given by you?"

"No. No. Not that one, please."

"Just now you said that I need to accept you for who you are. Then it is you who called me as a whore and as a slut. That is who you are. That means I need to bear with that. Am I wrong? You are not controlled by anyone while calling me that."

"Yes. I was not controlled by anyone at that time. I was controlled by my own raging emotions, Yej. Please forgive me."

"That is your own emotion. You can't even control your own emotion. How can you be sure that your own emotions won't ever control you again? And if that happened again, I need to forgive you because that is not you? It was your emotion who took control over you? Do I really need to face those things again and again, Yeonjun?"

"Yeji. I promise I will be a better person, just for you."

"But I don't want you anymore."

"Please, Yeji, please. I will do anything."

"Will you do anything for me then?"

"Yes. Yeji. I will do anything."

"Leave."

"No, Not that one, please."

"You said that you will do anything for me. And now, I want you to leave." I pointed to the front door, wanting him to leave as soon as possible.

He tried to reach me. I flinched.

"Don't do anything. Don't ever dare to try to touch me. I felt disgusted. Oops sorry. You are the one who should be disgusted right now. I am a whore, right?"

"No, please don't, Yej. You are not a whore. You are not a slut. I will treat you better, Yeji. I promise."

"Please leave, Yeonjun. I hate seeing your face."

"Yeji." Mr. Choi tried to interrupt.

"Enough, Mr. Choi. I am done with him. Please bring him back to where he belonged."

Yeonjun tried to reach me again.

"Don't ever try to touch her, Choi Yeonjun."

I looked over the front door. I ran and hugged the person tightly, as tight as I can.

"Didn't you heard what she said just now? Leave." My father pointed at the door that was right beside him.

"But sir."

"No buts. My daughter doesn't want you anymore. You may leave now."

"Okay, but I have one last question for her."

"Spill."

"Do you still love me, Yej?"

"No, I don't. I love someone else. Someone who could love me right. Who treated me like I am the most valuable thing in the Earth."

"I KNEW IT!!! YOU WERE CHEATING ON ME BACK THEN. THAT IS WHY YOU COULD EASILY BREAK UP WITH ME. YOU FUCKING SLUT!" My father slapped him hard, making him to fall onto the ground.

"Don't ever call my daughter like that. She is not a whore. Not a slut. You are the one who couldn't appreciate her. Plus, she didn't even cheated on you before. They were just friends back then. You are the one who gave my daughter's new partner chances to heal her from your doings. You can just leave."

My eyes met my father's eyes. I hugged him tighter.

"Her new lover had done a lot to heal Yeji from your wrongdoings. So now, deal with it. Leave our house or I will kick you out." My mother said, coming out from her room. It seems like she could not contain herself anymore from giving me room to settle my problems by myself.

Yeonjun got up from the ground and glared at me. I could see that his mouth is bleeding. Serve him right.

"I am sorry for the mishaps, Mr and Mrs Hwang." And with that, the Chois had left the house, leaving the three of us.

"Did I missed something entertaining just now? Why was that piece of shit here?" Jimin who just entered the house asked the three of us with a frown on her face.

"Say that thing again and I will slap you on your face, little Hwang. No matter how bad someone is, don't call him names. It does no good to you." My mother warned Jimin.

"I am sorry. So, what had happened just now?"

"Nothing." I shrugged, followed by both of my father and mother. We then walked into the dining room, ready to have lunch together.

Jimin continued whining during lunch and I already knew that I couldn't have my nap after this, considering that Jimin will barge into my room, wanting to know what had happened before.

------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 1.5K 10
During a 10 years reunion after high school, Ryujin and Yeji reunite
188K 9.6K 46
Part 2 of Icy Like Diamonds A lot has changed since Ryujin and Yeji agreed to becoming friends. Will their relationship also suffer changes?
14.9K 944 11
In which the awkward and shy girl Yeji used to know became a stranger. Book 2 of The Day We Met ©original series by @Jensoonie
224K 10.6K 62
Hwang Yeji, a new student with an element of dancing. She spits fire with her eyes and captivates people with her moves. Not only that, she is an int...