Twisted Bound

By LEEBEARR_

"He's just a friend." I whispered my heart beating wildly in my chest,"You call yourself my fiancé when you w... More

Cast and author's note.
Chapter-1 How it begins
Chapter-2 leaving everything behind
Chapter-3 Decision made
Chapter-4 welcome to his world
Chapter-5 The three musketeers
Chapter-6 First day in highschool
Chapter-7 He hates me
Chapter-8 One rule broken already
Chapter-9 First kiss
Chapter-10 There's no us
Chapter-11 Eyes on me
Chapter-12 Stephen
Chapter-13 A birthday gone wrong
Chapter-14 Brothers
Chapter-15 Dinner with his gang
Chapter-16 Drunken words
Chapter-17 Bruised and bloodied
Chapter-18 The fear
Chapter-19 Madrid
Chapter-20 Engagement party
Chapter-21 A soft side
chapter-23 Mariella
Chapter-24 The meeting
Chapter-25 Stalker
Chapter-26 Hate
Chapter-27 The bitter reality
Chapter-28 Adamos
Chapter-29 Moving on
Chapter-30 He's back
Chapter-31 Angelo's Truth
Chapter-32 Future
Chapter-33 Leading on
Chapter-34 She's back
Chapter-35 Burn
Chapter-36 The reason
Chapter-37 Confessions
Chapter-38 Break
Chapter-39 pain
Chapter- 40 awake
Chapter- 41 Love
Chapter-42 Fiancé
Chapter-43 Epilogue

Chapter-22 Zayn

6.5K 192 77
By LEEBEARR_

This chapter is dedicated to the Z-squad here enjoy!

~Her love was as strong as fire, it melted the snow into cold water, but the cold water put out her fire.~

Lily's Pov

The scent of freshly cooked pancakes still hung in the air of the cozy kitchen, shockingly breakfast was already on the table when I entered. There he sat sipping on his coffee lost in thoughts, I cleared my throat gaining his attention.

"Good morning," I chirped smilingly, taking the meal cooked in front of me my stomach growled wanting to be satisfied. "Morning." He muttered averting his gaze. The warm sun cascaded down my skin it sure was a pleasant Sunday morning.

"Suit yourself." Adam spoke gesturing towards the blueberry pancakes to which I cheerfully obliged, pouring myself a cup of fresh orange juice some scrambled eggs wolfing down at it, a contentment sigh flowing out of my mouth.

"Did you cook all of this?" I asked sipping on the orange juice, he glanced at me shrugging slightly. " Maybe I did."

"Well I want you to know these are the finest pancakes I've ever had." I softly smiled at him before digging to devour some more. He huskily cleared his throat which I presume was to gain my attention so I lifted my eyes to meet his.

"I was thinking of hooking you up with one of my latest guns." The fork abruptly dropped from my hands my eyes popped opened like a saucer."You're kidding right?" He arched a perfect brow crossing his arms. By the serious look on his face I knew.

"Oh my god!" I shrilled overly excited clapping my hands together sure I knew alot about self defense but boy had I never used a gun before Damien didn't let me get hands on one.

It was like one of those bad girl's dream come true.

"Couldn't get your hands on one before?" He ran a hand through his messy locks leaning back in his chair waiting for a response."Damien had to always screw it up, whenever I tried he'd always catch me." I admitted huffing slightly recalling that memory again.

"Language." Judging by the tone of his voice he seemed amused. "But I'm a big girl now I can surely take care of myself." I stated proud of myself.

His lips tipped in a dark smirk."Aren't you a cute little girl." I flushed at the compliment bitting on my lip I couldn't tell if he was flirting with me or not. Talk about being inexperienced.

However that moment between us was broken when jack beat us to it."Sorry boss I'm late the groceries ran out-" he stopped midway awkwardly looking between the two of us. "I apologise." Before I could open my mouth to speak he darted away.

Adam looked unfazed slamming his shoes against the wooden floor and I gaped when I saw how devilishly handsome he looked dressed in a white shirt hugging his body, black armani slacks that covered his mascular thighs he never failed to amuse me. I felt electricity run through my veins when his fingers connected with my chin lifting it up with a curled index finger to meet his blue pools. His callous thumb creased my skin in a such a gentle touch that made my heart melt. "I'll see you in a bit." He firmly nodded at me tapping my chin making me giggle before vanishing into the air.

*

"Where are we headed to jack?" Taking around the surroundings in front of me I stared perplexed as to why we were walking towards what seemed to be a basement, he glanced at me over his shoulder."Boss's order." silently I followed him through our destination. We stepped into the elevator i watch as his finger works across to punch in a number, the elevator opens making a ding sound.

A huge gasp seeped out of me, I couldn't believe at the sight lingering in front of me it was freaking gunrunning bunker!

There stood numerous revolvers,self-loading pistols, rifles, assault rifles and many others on which I couldn't get my mind on."Welcome to heaven." Jack turned around smirking at me leaning on the wall. I still couldn't believe, who knew a two-story house had a gunrunning bunker in it? I was beyond astonished.

"The don said feel free to choose any weapon here." No, he had to be joking!

I hysterically gave out an mistrustful laugh not believing any of his words, he raised his eyebrows smiling at me. "You innocent soul," he mocked cooing at me. My laughter died as I regained a serious expression.

"No kidding?" I asked to which he raised his hands up in the defense." Sue me." I squealed running towards the revolvers. There were so many of them it was so hard to choose, my gaze stopped on a certain gun I did what I gut told me to." I want this one." I ejaculated grinning like a fool.

He grumbled Something under his breath,"Are you sure? Sometimes they can be hard to handle."

"Even better." I smirked.

"This is manurhin mr 73 gign, it is a french-manufactured double action revolver of about 4.25 barrel lengths." he explained before handing the beauty over me, I nodded taking in the information. "All yours now." His eyes tipped in a teasing wink before pointing towards the target range.

"The don must be here any second." my heart was pounding inside my chest as excitement flared through my veins. I played with the gun it perfectly worked and fitted with my body and grip. The elevator opened as Adam emerged his gaze worked all the way through my body to the beauty laying in my hands. He seemed surprised?

Suddenly his eyes met Jack in a threatening gaze, I could sense them communicating through eyes. "I warned her off but she seemed to attract more into it." He exclaimed looking down right then I knew Adam found this gun unsettling for me.

"I thought you said I was free to choose anything from here."

" lily no." he said his eyes demanding me to put the gun back to which I simply disagreed.

"Adam yes." I huffed in annoyance not giving up either he sighed irrationally before striding towards us. "Lily guns are no dolls that you could play around with." My mouth parted open in shock at his statement. "I hated dolls ever since I was a kid but ouch." I gave out an over dramatic pained gasp jack snickered behind but soon shook it off by clearing his throat.

"Still, this is my gun now." I stubbornly said, he drew in a sharp breath jaw twitching slightly but said nothing. Win! Win! My mind chanted repeatedly.

"How about a little target practice then?" He suggested cold eyes narrowing me into a challenge."Bring it on Domenico." I challenged back no way was i going to give up this gun even if I didn't know how to use a gun it was worth a try at least.

He strolled towards my direction extending his hand forward I assumed he wanted to load the bullets into it so I reluctantly handed the gun over. After pushing the bullets into the revolver he gave me a heated look smirking. Inhaling sharply I cast my eyes upon the target range shoot human vector set adrenaline rushed through my body as my veins ached nervously. "Picture a sight of your worst enemy." He called watching in enthusiasm with his board arms crossed.

And I did, in my sight I pictured Melissa evilly smiling passing me one of her jealous looks that she was superior than me. It felt rather good acting bad -bang! my grip loosened around the trigger as my whole body jolted with such energy and force that the gun dropped from my hands. "Ouch." I mumbled hastily clenching my wrist.

"Get up." Came Adam's authoritative demanding gruff voice, "Well unlike some people they would help instead of being all demanding." I air quoted sarcasm dripping from my voice he stayed stilled and stiffed his face blank as jack behind him stayed rooted to his place both ignoring what I just said.

"I won't repeat again." Sighing I stood up brushing my clothes and picking up the gun before focusing. Okay lily you can do this.

"Do not hesitate, hesitation shows how weak and incapable you are of handling dangerous things looks like you got nothing." My heart tightened at the choice of his words as anger fumed inside my chest. My anger always took the best of me so I pulled the trigger this time more forcefully.

Bang!

Bang!

Bang!

Not the bullseye but close enough to it, my head shot up in Adam's direction cocking a brow at his dull face only he could show this less indications of emotions while as jack hands shoot up in a clap. "Impressive." A rare smile took place on my face at his compliment.

"Try saying that again. " I simply taunted throwing a wink in his way."Practice makes a person better." He interjected. "You mean perfect."

I air quoted again, he simply shook his head,"Not always." He mumbled jack saw the tension lingering between us as he spoke out."Don I think you should teach lily the art of bullseye not that I'm telling you what to do! It's just I thought it'll-" he stopped stuttering like a hen when Adam raised his palm his eyes still holding me captive. "It's not a bad idea."

Jack smiled nervously racking a hand through his neck before excusing himself. "I'm afraid I have to do my chores, I'll see you around lily." He gave a courtly bow before sprinting away.

Poor jack, looks like adam's stiffened ruthless personality really did scare people off.

I was shook out of my thoughts when I felt Adam's broad chest pressed against my back, my breath quickened as he breathed deeply in to my neck goosebumps arose my skin I tried my best not to shiver under his hold, his lips cover my ear warm crispy breath fanning over it making heat crawl my neck all the way up to my ears.

"Focus and relax or you'll miss the shot, now steady the gun with your hand-" he grabs my hand slowly bringing it up to support the other hand gripping the gun, "Keep the top in level between your eye." I shakily nod lifting the gun making sure the level is accurate. His lips tower over my ear as my eyes flick to meet his.

"What is that you desire?" He huskily trails I wanted to say 'you' but prevented myself from saying so. "Th-e bullseye." I stutter tearing my eyes away from his. "Then shoot." He squeezes my waist and with one single breathe the bullet flys out of the gun, my lips part in shock as I register what just happened.

(An:What is it that you desire, Lucifer who?)

"Bullseye." I hold back a squeal too distracted by the closeness of our bodies, we hold each other gaze for what seemed like an infinity his dark brooding eyes staring right through my soul the depths of his eyes luring me in, suddenly he casts his orbs on my lips a ragged breath escaping out of me it felt as if he was gonna kiss me when something sparks in him and he abruptly moves away passing me a small nod.

"That's enough for today." I looked away my shoulders slumping in disappointment.

The sound of his phone going off reached my ears as I attentively listened to what he spoke on the line with my back turned against his,making it seem like my attention was plastered upon the riffles. Hearing him raging about some meeting made curiosity seeped through me."I'll be there and make sure to tell them no one should be late." He demanded with a warning lingering in his voice.

He frustratedly sighed running a hand through his dark locks. "What was that?" I couldn't help the urge to ask.

"Nothing you should be worried about." His answer was cold and distant making me flinch before I could manage to utter a word he darted away.

Typical Adam.

*

"Adam, wait!" I called out rushingly before his hand could touch the door, he stopped midways his hands clenching into a fist. "Please take me with you, I don't want to be left alone Jack's not even here too." I protested,hoping he would understand that being left alone and with nothing to do sucked. The back of his shoulders stiffened as he ever so slowly turned his head in my direction.

"I don't think you know what business really means in mafia." He said with a grimace twisting the door knob, "Well at least tell me where you're going then." I argued.

"To a club." my mouth parted in disbelief more curiosity surging through my veins."What for?" He gave out an irrational sigh."I don't think I owe you any further details."

"But-" I jumped from my place startled when his hand collided with the door causing a loud bang to emerge from it. "Enough! Stay home it's what best for you." I stared at his back in complete shock and silence before running away towards my room.

Adam left the house before i knew it while I stayed in the bed groaning in annoyance. Why couldn't he take me with him?

A bing from my phone caught my eye as I opened it to see a message from an unknown number my eyes widened in saucers, the club address.

The don has ordered for your immediate presence.

After quickly changing I sprinted downstairs grabbing one of Adam's car keys, my first time in an underground club holy shít! I could barley contain my excitement.

I strode towards the entrance of the deluxe club making sure to lock the car, clenching the jacket around my shoulders as chilly wind of espan slaps my bare skin. The club was going around as usual the atmosphere around it dark and dingy, my eyes followed around the huge line towards the entrance. How on earth was I gonna get in there quickly?

I swear if Eli would've been here she would be so proud and she definitely would've slammed her way into the club without even passing through the line.

"lily?" Breaking out of my trance my eyes met those chocolate brown blank orbs holding so much coldness in them yet his eyes softened slightly when they saw mine, dressed in a black tailored suit with black slacks that he always seemed to wore, his feature still sharp as a razor that could cut you in two with a single glare jaw defined clenching and unclenching his cheekbones were high, his chiseled face matching his chiseled body. I blinked holding back a gasp not believing the sight in front of me.

"Zayn!" I squealed happily tackling him in a hug he almost tripped taken aback by the sudden movement but I didn't seem to care. His usual scent overpowering my nostrils. His arms wrapped around mine in a gentle grip chuckling darkly. "Coincidence I think the fúck not." His deep voice comes out thick, every word wrapped around in a british accent.

"I'm so glad you're here!" He smirked smugly arching his brows." Sweetheart, I own this club what makes you think I wouldn't be here?" Now I gasped my hand shooting up to cover my mouth."I never knew!"

"So what are you doing here, another trip with your popular friends?" he teasingly asked making me scowl." Oh, please I came here searching for Adam." His expression turned dread and slightly confused. "Adam benji Domenica?" I nodded in confirmation.

"lily, what the fúck do you have to do anything with that guy?" Zayn's expression was now serious making me quizzed. "Zayn you don't know? I'm engaged to Adam." I quipped with a small smile making his jaw tense.

"Before you ask it was Damien's choice." I shrugged I couldn't make out what he was thinking but his face was priceless.

"I'll explain everything I promise but for now I need your help, I need to get in the club quickly." I pleaded he grunted something before nodding guiding my back with his hand walking towards the entrance of the club. Deafeningly loud music blasted around the walls making it hard to hear anything.

"Where do I find Adam?" I yelled over the crowd and loud music, he shrugged sipping on his drink warning me off."Don't they're having a mob meeting in the vip lounge, trust me you don't want to interrupt them."

I shook my head as he offered me a drink, "I have to find him that's what the text message said!"

"If you're sure then go ahead, come with me." We walked through the sweaty bodies making our way towards a dark hallway it was eerily quieter now, I could still feel the music now blurring. "Walk through that door and your destination be in front of you."

"But lily I don't get it why Adam? "he leaned against the wall waiting for my response."Because I love him." His eyes widened but he shook it off by chuckling dryly.

"You're kidding." He stopped his eyes growing wide again when he didn't sense any trace of sarcasm. "The heart wants what it wants Zayn."

"If you need anything I'll be right here kiddo." he cockily smiled, throwing a firm nod my way before ruffling my hair a bit, disappearing into the dark. Inhaling sharply I made my way towards the lounge, each one of them were littered in tailored suits an aura of danger and dominance lurking off them, all eyes shifted my way and I'd swear I wanted to bury myself in the ground but I ignored them in a number of dangerous people my heart only called for one.

"Adam is everything okay? I got your assistant's text." I saw his whole body stilled and tensed astonishment casting over his face but soon his expression turned blank and something frightening, something darker despite the lack of lighting in the room. My heart thudded loudly inside my chest as I saw how perfectly he masked his features with an unfamiliar expression. The muscle in jaw tightened as he clenched it, but then his face scrunched into confusion.

The next words he spoke shattered my heart, it dropped right then and there.

"What are you talking about? I don't even know who you are."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 75.9K 113
In which, a paranoid schizophrenic vows to avenge his fiancee's death by taking revenge on the woman who Killed her. _____________ A modern day depic...
2.1M 63.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
4.1K 112 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
388K 12K 49
"You are mine now. Just remember one thing nobody gets the privilege of bringing that smile on your face and touching you" he clenched his fsts and m...