π“π‘π¨π¬πž 𝐋𝐒𝐭𝐭π₯𝐞 𝐓𝐑�...

Von lovetori_xo

Giwa Falade is the ruthless Queen Bee of Castron High. Known for her sassy, bold, no-nonsense attitude and aw... Mehr

Author's note
Those Little Things
1Β°
2Β°
3Β°
4Β°
5Β°
6Β°
7Β°
8Β°
9Β°
10Β°
CASTΒ°
11Β°
12Β°
13Β°
14Β°
15Β°
16Β°
17Β°
18Β°
19Β°
20Β°
21Β°
22Β°
23Β°
24Β°
25Β°
26Β°
27Β°
28Β°
29Β°
30Β°
31Β°
32Β°
33Β°
34Β°
35Β°
36Β°
37Β°
38
39Β°
40Β°
41Β°
42Β°
43Β°
44Β°
45Β°
46Β°
47Β°
48Β°
49Β°
50Β°
51Β°
53Β°
54Β°
55Β°
56Β°
57Β°
58Β°
A few things I want to say❀️
59Β°
60Β°
61Β°
62Β°
63Β°
64Β°
65Β°
66Β°
67Β°
68Β°
69Β°
70Β°
71Β°
72Β°
73Β°
Pre-update❀️
74Β°
75Β°
76Β°
77Β°
78Β°
DO NOT IGNORE πŸ™
79Β°
80Β°
ONE WORLD SERIES
81Β°
82Β°
83Β°
84Β°
85AΒ°
85BΒ°
85CΒ°
86Β°{FINAL CHAPTER}
THINGS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED OUT IN TLT
Q and A
NOTICE❗❗

52Β°

2.5K 843 1K
Von lovetori_xo

We're 3k reads away from 50k reads🤧💝💝

Thankyou guys for supporting this book tbh. The messages I've been getting from you guys are very encouraging ❤️❤️❤️

SHOUT OUT TO ALL OF YOU (Expect another update tommorow)

Let's get on it....🥃🥃

~SHADE~

"You okay, babe?" Nova whispered, craning his head slightly to look down at me as I rested my head on his right shoulder.

Still leaning on my ivory prince, I looked up to meet his blissful eyes and adorable smile beaming down at me. I breathed a small laugh and nodded in reply, snuggling him even closer.

We were by the Senior Boys Basketball Court that afternoon during Sports, sitting by the pavements at the corners and watching Prissy, and about two to three of our set girls, playing basketball with the guys on the Senior's court.

"I can't believe you ditched Sports because of me." I said, looking up at Nova.

"I'd ditch anything for you, Shade." He replied, truthfully and I giggled softly. Nova jumped at every small chance to be sweet. This guy.

We got distracted by loud cheering from the basketball court. Prissy had made a perfect shot into the hoop and people were cheering her on.

"Go, Prissy!" I clapped.

"Prissy is super talented when it comes to sports." Nova commented, and I nodded in agreement.

Prissy was a beast at anything Sports. And honestly, I was happy I had the chance to watch her today.

This was actually my first time being out for Sports before in this school. Usually, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, by 12:30pm on the dot, the limo was already waiting outside for me.

However, things have made a dramatic turn lately...an satisfying turn, if I may say. Madam K had really been surprising me with the amount of liberty she granted.

"How are things with you and Madam K though?" Nova asked me.

I shrugged, giving a simple reply. "We're okay."

"Really." He said, unconvinced, and I only nodded.

"You never really told me how things played out between you two," He went on, and when I looked up at him, I saw him serious he was. Concern was written all over his face.

I smiled a little, remembering how Nova loved to pay attention to every little detail of my life.

"The night we slept over at Krisdana's place...you never told me what happened.." He elaborated.

Oh well, I ended up giving Nova a summary of what happened that night. How I practically reamed Madam K.

I also told him how I had eventually felt bad about it. I feel I went overboard. I always do. Gid knows, I may be the most tolerant person in the world, but when things get beyond me, I sort of blow up and lose control..Madam K... Giwa..

Giwa.

I instantly recalled how I caught her staring at us in class.

Lord knows what was going on with that girl. I really hoped she was okay. I wasn't even sure we were still friends after our last encounter. Yes, she was going overboard with her attitude, but I did that too with my words.

Like Nova once said, she wasn't a bad person. Maybe a bit misguided, but not exactly a bad person. I wished I could talk to her. But I doubt she'd ever want to speak to me again.

"It's not your fault, you were pushed. It's normal for humans to blow up when they've had enough." Nova said to me.

It took a while for me to decide that we were still talking about Madam K.

I sighed. "If you say so.... days after that night were akward as hell. She just got overly quiet. It was scary, really. She didn't act like I bothered her, or like I was even there.... didn't even fuss over the picture of us I posted of us..."

I noticed him smile as I said the last part.

"Maybe she was giving me the silent treatment, I don't know. Madam K can exhibit some really childish attitude sometimes...she basically only spoke to me when it had to do with work and all, so I felt she was holding a grudge with me." I continued.

"Only God knows what you did that day you came for my Vogue shoot that suddenly made her start smiling again. That made our beef suddenly disappear. Next thing I knew, I was back here in Castron Life and my life was a lot easier. More free....at least to an extent."

Let's be fair, she's only letting me stay here for the next twenty minutes.

"Cheers to a happy ending then, Shall we?" Nova concluded, smiling down at me.

"Cheers," I agreed, giggling.

"See? Told you everything would go over pretty well.. Little by little..," he was saying. I came in there, completing for him, the words I predicted he would say next. "Baby steps."

We laughed afterwards.

Baby steps. His catch phrase.

Just immediately, Prissy popped up. Standing in front of us with her hands on akimbo, she addressed us. "Lovebirds."

"Yes, your majesty." Nova answered proudly for both of us, helping me to stand up as he rose from the pavement.

"What were you two talking about that's making you laugh like this? I heard you laughing from the court," Prissy said.

Oh, please! With all the noise around. Prissy and exaggerations!

"We were talking about Shade's manager," Nova answered her.

Prissy actually shuddered. "Ugh! That woman hates me!"

"No, she doesn't!" I debunked.

Prissy instead turned her attention to Nova who looked more than interested to hear whatever she had to say.

"Last week, I went with Shade for one of her interviews. Madam K literally acted like I was nothing. Like I was breeze, sef. Me, I sha minded my business oo, I don't know what I did to her," Prissy told Nova, who sniggered.

"Prissy, Madam K doesn't hate you, jhoor. She's not just very excited about meeting new people, that's all." I assured her.

"Okay oo, I've heard," Prissy said, lifting her hands in mock surrender.

"Madam K seemed pretty irritated with me at our very first meeting though." Nova told us.

"I thought you said she liked you." Prissy said, folding her arms at him.

"Oh, she adores me." Nova went on, clearing that up. "Took a while to get into her good graces, though.. But what can I say, I'm irresistible." He winked at Prissy at the last part and she frowned, shoving him in reflex and causing us both to laugh once again.

"Although, she kept complaining about my brows. Oh, she absolutely hated my brows." Nova said.

Typical of Madam K. She always found a flaw in literally everything. No matter how perfect it seemed to appear.

I'm even surprised she managed to like Nova so much.

"You and Hassana have that effect on people." I said to Nova. "You know? You two are talented at breaking the coldest people. I think Madam K even likes Hassana more than she likes you."

"You mean, all your friends have met Madam K?" Nova asked.

Only Hassana and Prissy had. I don't know if we're still counting Giwa as my friend. Sadly.

"Hassana tagged along sometime last year and boy, it caused commotion," I elaborated. "That was before Madam K gave me this much freedom so she wasn't having it at all. But in the end, Madam K loved her. She was even thinking of booking her a modelling deal with a make up company."

Nova's eyes went wide in surprise.

"Oh, sick!" Prissy exclaimed. "Is she really going to do that?"

I shrugged. "Madam K is an unstable person, so there's no certainty about that. And let's be real, what does Hassana Alfa know about modelling?"

They all laughed.

"PRISSY WAJE AND SHADE ONAM!"

Speak of the devil.

We turned the exact same time to see Hassana, literally running from where she was on the school walk, to meet us.

"You guys should follow me to Class Block naw. I get scared when I'm alone!" She whined as soon as she got to us.

After laughing her to scorn, we eventually agreed.

Hassana pulled Prissy along, literally hopping with her and moving ahead of us.

Meanwhile, Nova and I took our time, strolling behind both girls. We lost sight of them as they entered the Ss3 Block path before us.

Laughing and holding hands, Nova and I finally got to our block, and in turn, into the Ss3 Hallway. However, it didn't take long for all our cheerfulness to drain with the speed of light.

Hassana and Prissy were already there, a few feet away from the door of oir classroom. Both girls were literally cowering against each other in absolute terror.

And there was Giwa Falade.

She stood there in front of them, fists closed tightly by her sides, eyes as dark as hell, glaring heavily, and breathing like a wounded wild animal. She was the obvious cause of the girls' horror.

What the hell was happening here?

"What's going on?" Nova beside me asked the question in my head.

Ofcourse, he was just as confused as I was. He looked from Giwa, and then to Hassana and Prissy, who didn't just look scared, but also confused as well.

We all were confused as to Giwa was standing in front of us, charging like an injured bull..like she was about to rip one of us to shreds.

All of a sudden, she laughed. Giwa laughed. A quick, scary-as-fuck bitterlaughter that took us all unawares.

"Jesus." Prissy muttered in shock, speaking for all of us.

Giwa had lost it completely. She was legit acting like she had lost all her sanity. She was acting like a deranged person. A psychopath.

"Giwa." I called her, alarmed and scared for her.

Her gaze was on the ground now. Fixed there, like a truck load was running through her mind.

"Giwa, what's going on with you? Are you okay?" My words may have trailed off in her mind because I could clearly see that something was going on in her head.

Whatever it was was not good, because the way her gaze on the ground suddenly hardened shocked me. She was glaring at the ground with so much loathe. Rage. A dangerous, abnormal kind of resentment.

That was enough to scare me away.

But then, my feet automatically transfixed on the spot I was on when that hate-filled gaze travelled from the ground, and landed on..me.

"Shade Onam."

Her voice was filled with rage as she called my name. I backed up slightly, Nova holding my arm to keep me steady.

"You are one hell of a bitch!" She said, shooting sharp daggers at me.

My mouth hung open in shock of the verbal attack. That was when Nova spoke up.

"Giwa, is there a problem?" He asked calmly.

Giwa's sharp glare transferred to him.

"Stay out of this, Nova Igwe." She warned. Her voice was firm and controlled.

"Giwa, What did I do?" I had to ask.

She chuckled bitterly in response, after staring hard at me.

"It's funny, really." She muttered. I heard. I probably was supposed to.

Hassana and Prissy looked at me, asking me to explain what was happening with their eyes.

How would I have made them understand that I was just as clueless as they were. Completely Clueless.

Giwa started walking up to me.

"Shade Onam..Epitome of grace and wisdom, all shades of sweetness, lady of poise and elegance..," Her sarcasm was a straight up diss to my face. I knew it.

Her steps were slow as she walked towards me. It was almost like she was counting every one of them. Sizing me up with each step.

"..An angel, they say. Sunshine and rainbows." She had reached my front now. Infact, she was literally getting all up in my face. She scoffed, like I was a dirty piece of rag, the corner of her mouth lifting to form an uncomfortable smirk as she was practically looking me over.

"Abi, Saint, naw?...Shade Onam, ever good and wishing the best for everyone." She added, raising an eyebrow like she expected me to give an answer.

I didn't. I only swallowed. A part of me was already getting pissed off with her attitude. Impatience was slowly taking over, but however, my confusion over shadowed all those emotions that were coming in.

Lord knows I was so confused.

"You're such a hypocrite!" Giwa spat to my face, venom dripping down with her words.

"Giwa." Nova's voice cut in, calmly.

Giwa completely ignored him.

"You think I wouldn't figure it out, Shade?!" She shouted. "Did you really think I wouldn't find out about your stupid crush on my boyfriend!"

My heart sank on hearing her say that.

"Giwa, that's enough." Nova cut in again. The fact that he still remained calm..

"Nova, I said stay out of this!" Giwa shouted. "This is between me and Shade. So, If you don't like what you're hearing, then fucking leave!"

I refused to look at Nova. I didn't even hear his voice coming at Giwa. I knew why.

Eyes fixed on Giwa, I calmly said. "She's right. Leave, Nova."

I know why I asked him to leave. I already foresaw the future of this scene that was unfolding right now.

"What?" I heard his voice coming as a confused whisper. I still didn't look at him.

"Just wait for me in class or something. I can handle this on my own. I promise." I told him, assuringly.

"You know I can't_,"

"Nova, please!" I cut his protest short. "Just go. For now."

Nova listened to everything I told him. After hesitating a while, he finally left us alone, walking into Ss3A.

I felt relieved when he left.

"So you don't want Nova to know what a disgusting person he's in love with." Giwa said to me.

"You know? Maybe I should have just destroyed your relationship like you wanted to do mine. Maybe I should have just told Nova, right? But you see, that's the difference between me and you, Shade. I'm not a witch." She continued, hinting painfully on that word 'witch'.

"Giwa, quit this bullshit and get to the point." I demanded.

God knows I was trying my best to be calm here and avoid saying anything I'd regret later on. That was usually the case with me and I didn't want that happening. Yet, she was making it difficult for me.

"You really are full of shit, I hope you know that." She further went on.

See what I mean?

"Funny enough, I always knew you always had a thing for him." She continued, and I lost it.

"For the love of God! Why makes you even think I like Ivandor!" I screamed at her face.

"The text you sent him, you stupid hypocrite! That was so low of you, Shade. So fucking low!" She screamed back at me. Louder.

Giwa had an awfully loud voice, so her voice actually resounded through the entire hallway. Hassana and Prissy actually shook. Meanwhile, I was afraid Nova was going to come out of the class anytime soon. As for him hearing, I could bet with everything in me that he already heard Giwa.

After a bit of silence, my response came in a calm, controlled voice. "What text?"

Her eyes narrowed dead at me on hearing my reply.

In all honesty, I had no clue what she was talking about.

What exactly did I text Ivandor? When was the last time I even texted Ivandor. The hell, we seldom talk online even. It's very rare. So what was she talking about for God's sake?

"The text you sent him last night. Do you want a slap to help reset your memory?" She snapped.
Without giving me a chance to reply, she scoffed and rolled her eyes at my confused face.

"I should have known this was your plan all along. This was what you wanted, right? You only got close to Nova so you could in turn, get close to Ivandor too, baa?".

"Jesus Christ, Giwa!" I exclaimed, my voice rising in shock at her accusations.

"Oh shut the fuck up, you bloody hypocrite!" She retorted, clearly irritated by me.

"I love Nova! You know that. You all know that!" I defended myself.

"Yeah, yeah." She nodded sarcastically, laughing. "That's why you're constantly shining teeth with Ivandor anyhow and even ruffling his hair in class, right?"

I couldn't believe this nonsense.

Shining teeth and ruffling_

Wait a second..

Was she talking about that time in class, before Nova and I left for sports?

We had said our goodbyes to Ivandor, and when we asked if he wanted to come with us, he declined. I ruffled his hair and said, "have fun then." Then, left with Nova from there.

That was all that happened.

Or was there something I did that made Giwa misread the whole thing?

"What's paining me the most is how clueless you're acting. Like you're so innocent, when you know you're not!" Giwa was losing it for me.

My ignorance and innocence to the whole entire thing she was accusing me for was being misunderstood by her to be..

"HYPOCRISY!" She yelled.

That.

"You're a hypocrite, Shade. Always have been, always will be! A two-faced overrated bitch! What have you now gained with all these? Tell me. What!? WHAT!" Giwa reamed me.

Her words hurt, I hated to admit.
When I didn't answer, she lost it even more, screaming into my face. "WHAT!"

I said nothing to her.

At that point, I realised that proving my innocence to Giwa wasn't worth it. She wouldn't believe me. She had never thought of me to be any good right from the start, so why would she now? When she was clearly a 100% convinced that I was guilty of all her accusations?

" I fucking hate you, Shade Onam." She told me to my face.

That wasn't a new fact, but why did it hit different? She was only reminding me.

"I hate you so damn much!" She screamed. "I swear to God, I hate you so much, I just wish you could drop dead!"

I lost my breath for a second.

Drop dead? Had it really gotten to that?

"Giwa, that's enough!"

That was Nova's voice.

I looked to see him coming out of the class. There was a quiet look on his face, and when he raised his face to look Giwa straight up, I could see via the look in his eyes that he was not too pleased with the scene.

Nova was angry.

Ofcourse, this was new to the girls, having that it was perhaps the first time seeing him this serious. Hassana and Prissy were both stunned by this side of him.

I wasn't. I knew that side of him too well. And believe me when I saw that the last thing these girls want to witness is Nova's anger. They would never look at him the same way again. Ever.

"Giwa, I'm going to politely ask you to fuck off." He said sternly.

Chills ran through me, hearing him sound like that. Nova never cursed. Ever. To him, it was forbidden. I instantly feared what the outcome of this thing would be like, having that he had already started going out of his way.

"Nova, I told you to stay in class." I said, my voice sounding edged. Like I was honestly panicking.

He didn't even answer me. His glare remained on Giwa. The girl we're talking about couldn't care less.

"Witch!" She screamed, obviously referring to me.

"Nova, you're dating Witches and Wizards!" She spat.

"GIWA, I SAID THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Nova's voice sounded different as he shouted into Giwa's face. Scarily different. Like he was another person. I could see he was visibly losing his self control.

Oh, God. Nova, just chill.

"Nova." I called him. It was a silent warning to stay calm.

Like I said before, he listens to everything I say. So, eventually, after a never backing out glare down between he and Giwa, he was calm.

Thank Jesus.

Giwa backed up from Nova, obviously stunned at his reaction. Not scared like Hassana and Prissy. Not even close. Her anger wouldn't even allow that, even if I was sure as hell that he had surprised that demon out of her with what he just did.

"Two of you," she pointed between me and Nova. "BROOD OF VIPERS!"

Did she just call me and Nova 'brood of vipers'?

"Let all your true colours be coming out today. Show it out! When you're done, you two should go to hell and burn together." She spat bitterly at us.

Neither me or Nova said anything. We had no words for her. It wasn't worth it.

"G-Giwa..," Hassana spoke up.

"You..and you," she quickly diverted her attention from us and pointed to Hassana and Prissy respectively.

"Follow me." She ordered the girls.

While Hassana didn't waste time rushing to Giwa, Prissy, on the other hand, stayed put, not moving towards her.

"Prissy." Giwa called. " I was talking to you too. Don't make me repeat myself."

"I'm not going with you." Prissy retorted very calmly. Her voice soft, yet plain as it could be.

Giwa looked shocked at her braveness. A brow arched perfectly as she studied the girl.

"Whose side are you on?" She asked Prissy, her voice low, almost a whisper. Her shock was evident in it.

"Shade did nothing wrong." Prissy said firmly. Although, she was avoiding Giwa's eyes.

Giwa stared at Prissy in shock, looking at the girl for what seemed like an eternity. Absorbing what was happening right now. It seemed surreal that Prissy of all people could stand up to her.

"Are you really turning your back on me?" Giwa asked Prissy, scanning her through hooded eyes.

Prissy stood on her feet, unmoved, looking grudgingly everywhere, but at Giwa.

"After everything I've done for you, Prissy." Giwa spoke, her voice stiffening with mad anger and betrayal as she asked the girl.

" I appreciate everything you did for me." Prissy replied. "Right from Junior school, up until Ajiro. But still, no."

"No, what?" Giwa wanted to know.

"No, I won't support you." Prissy answered straight up.

"So, you're siding the witch?" Giwa gestured to me.

There was a long silence. An uncomfortable silence.

Finally, Prissy broke it.

"You're the witch, Giwa." She said.

Jesus.

Giwa's eyes widened in more shock, and all of a sudden, she found the courage to look Giwa in the eyes and continue;

"Giwa Falade, you've always been the villain in this story and you don't even realise it. The only reason you even accepted me to be your friend is because you needed a constant reminder of how powerful you were. Your sick and deranged motive drove you to accept me and I only allowed it because I was desperate to be accepted at the time. You took advantage. I was perfect to be in your clique, because you knew I'd let you walk all over me anyhow you want....you knew the kind of person I was. You knew how weak I could be..,"

Giwa stared at Prissy, completely shocked as words flew out of her mouth.

"...you knew all these about me because you were once like me." Prissy finished.

My eyebrows creased in confusion.
You say?

"Prissy, you weren't supposed to tell anyone that." Giwa spoke up. Surpringly, calmly. Mostly, shocked. The hurt evident in her tone.

"Well, you weren't supposed to tell anyone about Ivandor either, but you did. I guess we both are terrible at keeping secrets." Prissy replied.

Secrets? Giwa and Prissy shared a secret?

"Prissy, shut up!" Giwa ordered.

"I'm sorry, Giwa, but I won't. From today onwards, you don't have power or control over me and that's final." Prissy retorted easily.

The atmosphere was silent. Giwa glared silently at Prissy, speechless.

After a long hard while, she stormed off in a fit of rage, with Hassana desperately trying to catch up with her pace.

I looked at Prissy she watched behind the two girls with a loathing grudge in her big brown eyes.

Prissy and grudges?
That was unlike her. Prissy let things go easily for her peace of mind. That was who Prissy was.

Or does she?

From the way, she spoke to Giwa, it was clear that there was a lot she had been harbouring against Giwa..for a while now..and no one even had a clue..

What if Prissy had a grudge against me that I didn't know of too?

Infact, at that moment, I made up on mind that the girl I was looking at wasn't the Prissy I knew.

Something was wrong. Very wrong. I only wondered if that was something to be worried about? If somehow, it would affect me.

But seriously, how much more didn't I know about Prissy Waje?

Uhhmmm, we don finish oo😂❤️

Once again, I divided this chapter into two again!! Oya nau, expect an update tommorow, guys. Andddd...on Friday, I'd be double updating ☺️❤️ (Yes, I'm a babe)

What do you think about this chapter? Did Nova and Prissy shock you? Tbh, you see Nova.. there's a lot you guys don't know about him..but no worries, he has his spotlight in another book (I've said too much) And Where are all my people that were finishing Shade??😂❤️

Okay, umm, so well, you guys know I'm writing a book in different POVs, soooo everything you're reading about other characters is in perspectives..they may or may not be accurate, it's just what they feel, so take it easy when you laah out on people, so you don't attack innocent people 😂❤️❤️

See you on tommorrow ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

8K 1.4K 10
~ SEQUEL TO TOO MANY BROKEN THINGS ~ The beginning of the new school term is far from anticipated when a number of final year students are planning t...
44.6K 4.2K 59
Everyone deserves to live a life they aren't trying to escape. *It gets better as you read on. This is my first book, so be gentle on me πŸ˜‰ *There wi...
262K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
23.5K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...