The One He Couldn't Resist

By Layd_B

Marc Cohen is the son of the multi billionaire, Mr Colin Cohen. His girlfriend isn't girlfriend material and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

70 2 1
By Layd_B

As he reached his house, the gates opened. He drove inside with the biggest grin on his face. She sat next to him in the passenger’s seat; she too couldn’t disguise her happiness. Even though she’d promised to keep her heart under lock and key he’d managed to a get a hold of it and she didn’t mind. He stepped out of the car, walked to the other side and held the door for her.

“Thanks. And wow!” she said, completely in awe of her surroundings. She felt like a princess in a castle. “And I thought castles were fictional.” He laughed as they made their way to the front door. It was opened by a maid who stood with a friendly smile.

“Thanks Henrietta.” Jake said politely and Kya smiled back at her. They both walked hand in hand into the reading room. Mrs Cohen wasn’t expecting anyone and was surprised when her son walked in.

“Mum, I’d like you to meet Kya. Kya Brown.” Marc said proudly. The door opened and closed as Henrietta came in with a tray of drinks. She laid it down on the table and stood by it with her hands behind her. Kya noticed her immaculate maid outfit and her manners, this really is a castle. Mrs Cohen got up from her seat, set her reading glasses aside and stood up.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs Cohen. Your son has told me a lot about you.” Kya said smiling. Mrs Cohen took Kya by both hands and looked into her eyes. For a few seconds Kya felt uneasy but was quickly put at ease when Mrs Cohn hugged her.

“It is my pleasure to finally meet the young woman that has caught the eye of my son.” Mr Cohen said before offering them a seat. Henrietta brought the drinks closer to the couple and poured it into glasses for them before leaving with a curt nod. Marc downed his drink and stood up.

“I’ll leave both of you two to umm, you know, talk.” He said. He gave his mum a kiss on her cheek before giving Kya a quick kiss on the lips and left. His absence took its toll and Kya felt awkward. She’d never been in such a situation before as it’s never really gotten this far with any of her previous relationships. Now she’s sitting in what Marc told her was the ‘reading room’. A room where his mum spent most of her time in, he said it was her sanctity. Before this visit he had briefed her on ‘the basics’, the house and the people. He didn’t say anything about having to strike up a conversation with his mum because right now she felt she had to. Just as she was about to speak, Mrs Cohen spoke.

“I can tell that you are a career woman. So what do you do for a living?” she asked.

“I…well, I model. I’m a model.” Kya said.

“Hmm, a model. What kind things do you model, if you don’t mind me asking?” she asked looking a bit sceptical. Kya smiled.

“I model clothes and I do runway shows. A fashion model some people call it.”

“Well, you would happily get along with Lynette my dear. She’s into those kinds of things. All fashion and shinning lights and shiny things.” She said. “Speaking of shinny things, I noticed you’ve caused quite a stir in the media with my son recently concerning some sort of engagement or something?” Kya laughed.

“I’ve gotta be honest, I’ve never felt that much eyes on me. It’s like there are everywhere. I mean, I get it I’m a model I should be used to flashing lights and cameras but this, this is just crazy.” Kya said shaking her head.

“I know how you feel. It’s like you’ve been thrown into a brand new world.” Mrs Cohen said. “I felt the exact same way when I got myself involved with Colin, Marc’s father. His family was already right in their peak of fame before I joined them when I fell in love with Colin. Trust me when I say that the fame will increase as your relationship becomes deeper. And let me give you this piece of advice Colin’s mother gave me. ‘Be very careful and you don’t let them control you or your emotions.’.” Mrs Cohen said quoting her mother-in-law.

“Thank you, Mrs Cohen.” Kya said.

“Please call me Audrey. I feel ancient whenever people call me that.” She laughed and so did Kya. “How ironic is that. Everyone who isn’t my child or husband calls me that. So Kya tell me about you, there’s only so much Marc said and being the nosy mother I am I want to know more.”

Kya told her about her family which only consisted of her and her mother, New York; where she lived and grew up in and all other information Mrs Cohen asked about. She was a bit surprised when Mrs Cohen even told her a little about herself. They even had a few similarities; they both grew up less off than they are now. As the conversation flew so did time and before they knew it a maid knocked and entered saying it was dinner time. When they stood up to leave Mrs Cohen hugged Kya. She felt a connection between herself and her possibly future daughter-in-law.

All five of them sat around the Cohen dining table eating dinner. Lynette came a few minutes after they had all began.

“Mother, Father.” She said kissing them on the cheek before taking a seat. She noticed guest by her brother. She met eyes with her brother.

“Lyn, this is Kya. Kya, Lynette.” He said before continuing eating. They both gave each other a curt nod as they had food in their mouths.

After dinner they all made their way out of the dining room. Kya and Marc walked hand in hand and so did Mr and Mrs Cohen.

“Kya, you will be staying in one of our guest suites and your things have already been put there.” Mr Cohen said as a maid walked up towards Kya. Kya recognised the maid as Henrietta. “Henrietta here will show you to your room when you’re ready.” Mrs Cohen left with Mr Cohen up their grand staircase and headed straight ahead into one of the vast corridors upstairs. Lynette too followed but she went into a left corridor.

“Henrietta would please have Kya’s belongings moved to my wing of the house as she will be staying in my room.” Marc said as he went upstairs with Kya. Henrietta immediately followed them.

“Sir, your mother has asked me not to let that happen. She set specific orders saying you and Ms Kya must be in separate rooms.” Henrietta said. All three of them stopped midway up the stairs. Marc turned around to look at Henrietta.

“Firstly, I always tell you to address me by my first name and secondly, please do as I say.” Kya looked at Henrietta who looked a little sacred.

“Marc, it’s okay. I’ll stay in the guest suite, I don’t wanna change anything or go against anyone.” Kya said.

“You’re not going against anyone, sweetheart. I want you to be in my room with me, in fact I need you to be in my room with me.” Marc said softly. Henrietta blushed and looked down feeling like she’d had just intruded their private moment. He lifted Kya’s chin up towards his face and kissed her. She smiled holding on for an even longer kiss. Henrietta was about to leave when they separated and called her back.

“Henrietta could you please kindly move Kya’s belongings to the guest suite next to mine. That’ll be all.” Marc said and left with Kya to his suite. Henrietta left too. She had already set Kya’s things in the guest suite on the east wing, now she’ll have to move them to the left. Thank God Ms Kya only came with just an overnight bag, she thought.

Kya’s POV

He stopped outside the door of his suite.

“Welcome to my humble abode.” He said as he opened the door. My jaw just dropped to the floor. It was like the scene in the movies when a king opens his bedroom door and everything looks like it came from heaven. The four poster bed, lush comfortable sofas and chairs and expensive furniture. I didn’t realised when I’d stopped moving and before I knew it he scoped me up bridal style and kissed me.

“Hmm where does my tour of your castle begin?” I ask as he slowly put me down.

“Well you can probably guess where you are right now.” He said. “Over there is where ‘the magic happens’” he pointed to his bed which from where we stood looked pretty far away. Yes, the room was that huge. “Through that door lies my office, through that is my closet and bathroom. Now for the best part of the tour.” He stood behind me and slid his around my waist pulling me closer to his body. He started nibbling my neck and ear.

“Close your eyes.” He whispered. I did so without a second thought. Like I could keep them open anyways, they couldn’t stay open when started doing what he was doing to me.

“My eyes are shut”

“Keep them shut for me.” He said as he lifted me up again, bridal style and started walking. He put me down on an incredibly soft surface carefully putting my head on a pillow. I’m guessing it probably one of the sofas or the bed. I felt his weight shift around me.

“Open your eyes.” He whispered in my ear. I opened them and he was leaning on his arm, his body above mine. He looked into my eyes and looked into his. His eyes had a familiar glint. They were glowing and that could only mean one thing. I immediately pulled his in for a kiss. We kissed for a very long time before we became breathless and stopped. He still carried on kissing his way down my neck. I held his face so he was looking at me. He looked so hot when he was in the mood.

“We can’t” I whispered. “We’re at your parents’ house, it’s icky knowing where we are and doing what we’re about to do.” he laughed quietly.

“You do have a point there, sweetheart.” He said feeling defeated. He got off me, stood up and stretched. I stood up; my head was screaming ‘WFT YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE!’ I walked round to him kissed his cheek and headed for the door. The screams in my head grew louder and louder the closer I got to the door. I began to slow down.

“I can’t watch you leave, it’s torturous.” I said coming up behind me and grabbing me and kissing me aggressively. I moaned relaxing and accepting that fact that I couldn’t have walked out.

I woke up a bit dazed, wrapped in his arm. He was lightly snoring. I looked at the time, 05:00. Shit. I’m supposed to have been sleeping in the guest suite, not his. I shook him and he woke up.

“What’s wrong? What is it?” he asked rubbing his eyes.

“I’m supposed to be in the guest suite remember, orders by you mum? Its five o’clock in the morning.”

“Oh shit.” we both got out of bed. I pulled on a few of my clothes and picked up the rest sprawled on the floor. He just pulled on some shorts. He led me out his suite and into the hallway. A couple of feet away from his door was another. We crept quietly and stopped, he opened it. It was another suite, smaller than his though. It was just as nice. Who cared anyways I was sleepy of the how many hours we were in his room I probably only slept for like an hour. Entering the room, the lights came on and I quickly dumped my clothes on the nearest chair and climbed into the bed. Oh my, did they know where to get the comfiest beds from or what. It was like sleeping on a massive pile of feathers. So so so soft. I nestled in and he gave me a kiss before turning off the lights and leaving.

I could feel little light on my eye lids and I opened my eyes. It took a little while to take in my surroundings and I remembered what happened last night. Or should I say early this morning. It made me smile. I looked around the suite and notice a few things. First of all, its size; it was HUGE. It was like those honeymoon suites you see in hotel brochures. It had a small breakfast table, a TV with a couple of sofas and chairs, huge windows with expensive looking drapes and curtains which by the was a little opened as that’s where the light was coming from. Also the breakfast table had a little breakfast platter and tea cups set.

I slowly got up and realise I was in my underwear. Getting out of the bed I saw a robe hung on one of the doors and I quickly grab it and put it on. I walked over to the breakfast table, ate a few things and sipped a little tea. I wanted to explore the suite so I set off first opening each door. The first door I opened led to an amazing walk-in closet which had another door at the back. Opening that, there was a magnificent bathroom.

I padded out of there to open another door. There were two doors in one so I grabbed both handles and slowly opened it. It was a beautiful balcony. It was big and had a few chairs and sofas around it. I walked over to the edge; the view was just breath-taking. There were no other words I could think of, I was just speechless looking ahead before I heard people scurrying around below. I looked down and saw a few maids and butlers scurrying about.

The view was of a garden that had a maze and other things as well. I walked back inside closing the door. I went into the bathroom to freshen up. I put one of the many dresses Marc had chosen and bought for me, he said I needed more dresses as I looked very very very beautiful in them. He pleaded his case with lots more “very” than I said.

Sometimes I felt like we were a teenage couple, like we’ve been together for so long. But I’ve only known him two and a half months and pretty soon I’ll be leaving for New York. I just hope he would understand how demanding my job as a model is. I haven’t had many relationships since I started this job so I don’t know how to go about telling him this.

So, back to the present. My dress was white with thing straps that came up to midway between my knee and thighs. I was in Marc’s parents’ house; no way was I going to wear anything too showy. So I walk over to the door that led me out of the suite and opened it. I froze as I saw red rose petals scattered around in what looked like a trail.

She followed the trail and it led her downstairs to the front door where a chauffeur stood. The front door was open and the trail continued out of the house. The chauffeur left the door and walked towards one of the many cars. Kya continued with the trail and it led her to the door of the car the chauffeur was by. The door of the car was open and the petals continued inside. The door was closed and the chauffeur drove off. There were drinks available in the car but I was too anxious to do anything things other than sit tight and look through the window.

The car came to a stop outside a familiar looking place. The door was held open by a butler holding a tray with flutes of champagne.

“I was given orders to make sure that you have one of these in your hand as you follow the trail of petals”. He held the tray towards me and bowed a little. I took a glass.

“Oh please don’t do that, I’m not royalty.” I smiled. Taking a sip of the drink I realised I was standing in front of the entrance for models at Somerset House. Memories came flushing through my head. I sipped the champagne continuing down the trail of petals gaining looks from people walking by. It led me inside the all too familiar hallways and into the changing room. I stopped dead in my tracks as the trail ended. I looked straight ahead. The glass slipped from my hand before I could realise myself it was already in pieces by my feet. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 129K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
9.8M 296K 52
Anna Krause is in her senior year and more than ready to leave high school behind and start a new fresh life without homework, what she didn't expect...
1.4M 80K 81
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
266K 8.7K 33
My back was pressed against the wall, and our faces were merely inches away. He gently placed a finger below my chin and tilted my face upward. I tri...