Memoria. | Kozume Kenma

By mddyls

☘︎ 𝕸𝖊𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖆; "The years we spent together was full of laughter, hugs, kisses and love. The sound o... More

P R O L O G U E
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
E P I L O G U E
kazuhiko narumi
Author's Note
H B D

21

1.9K 61 118
By mddyls

Kenma and I got to talk, he just said he was scared that I might lose my memories. Him promising me that he'll help me out no matter what— turns out he can't do it, he's scared. I don't know why, the exact reason why. I know he still has something in his head but he's keeping it to himself.

He told me to go back to the room where I stay in with all the other managers. I only waited until he left, I knew for sure I wouldn't fall asleep yet. Having random thoughts cloud my mind, it would be impossible to jump right into slumber so I decided to head to the gyms.

Knowing that some of our friends are volleyball maniacs, and that they'd use all of their time (if possible) just to get better and learn more, I knew that someone would still be up. Just like I've expected, there are still people around here. Three of the gyms are still used, whoever may be using them.

Scared that I might get lost if I tried to go somewhere farther, I instead went to the nearest one. Neither do I know the way nor was there someone to help me. I followed the sound of the squeaks from the shoes and the bounce of the ball. I peek a little to see if I knew someone, walking ahead inside when I saw familiar faces.

"Oh, kitty's here." Kuroo says, giving me his usual smirk with a hand on his waist, the usual pose.

"Couldn't sleep.. can I hang with you guys?" I ask and the owls' captain immediately nodded, sparkles can be seen in his eyes.

"Won't Kenma-san get mad if he finds out that you're still awake?" Lev asks and I shrug, I honestly don't know.

Hinata stared at me and I blink my eyes, confused as to why he was staring. I give him a small smile, seeing him squint his eyes at me. I take a step back. I'm being cautious in case he thought of something bad.

The orange kid gives me a thumbs up, making me look at the other players around us. "Kenma chose a beautiful girl!" He cheered, jumping high up in the air with a bright smile plastered on his face. "He always talks about you!" He always talks to you?

"I don't want him to complain so, just sit on the bench and score for us. 'Kay kitty?" Kuroo-san ruffled my hair as he smiled, I nod and take the mini scoreboard.

I watch them play, feeling a bit too excited by seeing them up close and all mixed together. I'm actually surprised that Tsukishima's here. The first time I saw him, he was a tease and kind of a jerk, but he's younger than me so I don't really care.

Judging by how the tall blonde looks like, reminds me of my own blonde. They both have the same look of disinterest when it comes to volleyball: tired eyes, stoic face, mouth that just never seems to open, and a look of disgust. Kenma always makes one, I find it cute.

I talk to the six boys, asking them questions about volleyball. Tsukishima asked something about why Kuroo-san and Bokuto-san was helping them out, then the two airheads just started saying nonsense. Mary club..? Whatever that is, that's what I heard.

Tsukishima and Keiji was just casually waiting for them. I find it amusing how Bokuto-san acts like a spoiled child but can speak so inspirational and cool, he said something about, "once you get a hold of a certain feeling, that's when you'll get hooked on to volleyball."

I'm starting to feel tired. I let out a yawn as I cover my mouth with my hand. I suddenly feel a towel on my head, smelling my boyfriend's scent from it. I take the towel off my head and looked at it, seeing his initials embroidered on the bottom left corner.

I look behind me to find him standing right in front (behind) me, brows furrowed like he was disappointed by my behavior. "Have I not told you to sleep?" I frown, letting out another yawn.

I fight the urge of falling asleep on the bench, getting carried by the pudding head. I had little energy left so I didn't protest, instead I snuggled closer. I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder, having the scoreboard taken away from me. I'm falling asleep on him.

My cheek gets pressed as I lean my cheek on his shoulder to rest. This is the first time I've ever felt him carry me. He tried to open the door to the room quietly. I close my eyes tighter 'til what I could see wasn't red or sneak peeks of my boyfriend as he carried me, but pitch black. The girls are still awake too.

I felt the soft mat under me, sitting up to remove my jacket. "See? Sweet..." I hear from the girls, it seems like Ena made a bet with Honami again, winning the second time.

Kenma kissed my forehead, pulling the blanket up to my chest. I open my eyes a little to see him, getting my eyes lids kissed. ".. Goodnight.. I love you.." He whispered, wanting only me to hear what he had said. I pout my lips a little, feeling him press a kiss.

Only minutes after that, I completely fell asleep. I hope the moment I wake up no one would tease me out for having Kenma carry me to the room. I can make up an excuse but Honami will definitely find her way around all my excuses just to tease me.

I wake up the next morning, slowly sitting up as I felt my head ache. Is this what I get for disobeying him? I groan and lay back down, not knowing what to do. If I head out to look for him, and he finds out, he's going to scold me. But if I stay, I'm going to be behind everyone again. This is a pain.

I sit up again, carefully looking around the room to see if someone's still here. Luckily, Ena's here! I reach my hand out to her while the other held my head, I'm dizzy. She gets a hold of my hand and kneel in front of me, I rest my head on her shoulder, feeling her suddenly flinch.

"(Y/n), you're burning." I have a fever? I can't feel the fever though. "Lay down, I'll get you something to eat, and medicine if there are any." She helped me lay back down, giving me a pillow for me to hug.

I hug the pillow close to me, feeling both my lower abdomen and my head hurt. I can't breathe properly. I feel like there's something so heavy on my chest, I'm panting. I need someone here, now. It's really getting harder and harder to breathe. The windows are open but I feel like there's no oxygen in here.

The door suddenly made a sound, is there someone outside? I turn to the door, hearing it slide open. Pudding head. "Don't sit up, just rest." I slowly shake my head, wanting to sit up to try and see if I can breathe that way. "You're so stubborn." He helped me up and I lean on him. "I thought she was joking, you really are burning."

"I'll be fine... I just need.. to drink.. medicine.." I feel so uncomfortable by staying here. "I can't breathe.."

"Do you want to stay in the infirmary?" I nod and bury my face in the crook of his neck. He carefully lifted me off the mat, bringing me out of the room.

Someone from the team helped us get there, I couldn't really hear what their conversation was about because of my breathing. I just know that he's able to finally get me there. He had a hand on the back of my head, carefully and gently laying me on the bed.

Don't know where he got the oxygen mask but I have it on now. I hope he informed Ena that he brought me here, I wouldn't want to trouble her more than I already have. He pressed a kiss on my forehead, gently lifting my head up to get all my hair to tie it. I hope I'm not troubling him.

He's holding my hand, caressing it with his thumb. My eyes are half open, they feel so heavy. I look at the door and, find Ena with a tray of food and a glass of water. Kenma helps me up, placing more pillows behind me for me to have something to lean on.

He looks a bit hesitant about taking the mask off, I give him a tired smile and he finally took it off. "Shouldn't I be levitated?" I ask and the both of them furrowed their brows. "What..?"

"It's Elevated, (Y/n). Not levitated." Kenma corrects me and my mouth forms an 'o' shape, elevated..

"Oh, Kuroo's looking for you already. They're about to start. I told him you'd be here for her." Ena apologetically looked at me and I looked at him, he's hesitating. I give him a smile only to hear him let out a sigh. "I'll take care of her, go ahead."

I carefully nod my head, reassuring him in any possible way. He let go of my hand, giving me a kiss on the forehead before leaving me with Ena. If only we were at home, he'd be here until I'm okay, but we're at a camp. I can't take his time just because I'm sick, he has his own responsibilities.

Ena fed me and I was only able to finish a quarter of my food. She asked me to keep eating but I felt like vomiting so she let me be. Kenma gave me a pill for something, I don't know what it's for but he asked me to drink it. I also drank the medicine Ena gave me, after some time I felt better.

I'm laying on the bed and Ena's just telling me things about her, reminds me of middle school. I heard really spicy things and I don't know if I feel hot because of my fever, or because of it. Ena explained why she couldn't look Minari in the eye, I hope she's really fine.

"Kenma's sweet." I nod and chuckle. He is very sweet. "I can tell that he loves you." Ena looks like she's fan-girling over my relationship with him, it's not that big of a deal. "Heard him say I love you to you last night, have you said it back?" I shake my head, fixing the wet towel that's on my head, in place.

"Couldn't say it yet." I can but I won't, too early for that.

"Why? If you love him why won't you say it?" She raised a brow and I just chuckled, love's not that easy.

"You know how complicated love is, you've gone through it yourself." Her cheeks turned red and she looked away, still can't remember who Rei is though. "If it was easy, I would've said it the first time we got together." Ugh, my head's still throbbing.

"But do you?" I look at her, confused. "Do you love him like he loves you?" Do I?

"Of course." But maybe not as much as he loves me, or I just don't know because I never asked myself about it.

I stayed in the infirmary the whole day and I would have either Honami or Ena to take care of me. They wiped my body with a damp towel to relieve the heat my body was emitting, my temperature's not dropping yet. I've taken two pills for it. I want to watch the boys play.

They told me I should sleep here tonight, it's fine since I don't have the strength to get up. The AC's blasting in here and I only have a thin blanket on me, I don't have my phone too. It's only 5 PM and I need someone to give me a jacket and some socks, it's freezing.

All managers were needed so they all had to leave, now I'm on my own. A jacket please! Maybe if I wear a jacket or a sweater I'll be able to sweat it out, and by tomorrow morning I'll be fine already! I want to go outside! Staying in here and being bedridden is a nuisance.

There's a bed that's only five steps away from me, the blanket's neatly folded on top of the bed. I need that! I carefully sit up, feeling my head spin, almost falling back to lay on the bed. I have to endure this! I can hold it in. Just five steps and I'll be able to reach that blanket!

I decided to crawl there instead. I'm now just before the bed, I reach up to get the blanket and success! Ok I just need to crawl back up. I hold on to the metal handles, using all my strength just to get back up. Just a little more, only a little more! I'm on it! Ha.. I want to get better already.

I cover myself with the blankets, making sure I'm completely covered. I place my hand on my forehead to check my temperature, nothing's changing. Let's just sleep. I hope that someone will come and help me out! Maybe if I sleep for a few more hours, my fever would then subside.. Please get better, self.

I kinda had trouble with falling asleep, I'm just twisting and turning to find a comfortable position. I just want to sleep! My head's throbbing. Someone get here fast. I gotta get better to help the boys out.

I happily turn to the door when I heard it open, "Kenma.." He smiled and sat on the edge of the bed, brushing my hair back as he eyed me. "Sweater.." He kissed my forehead and told me to wait.

He got back with his sweater and socks, thank you, finally! "They left you all alone?" I nod as he helped me up to have me wear the sweater. "Have you eaten?" I nod, leaning on him. "What time?" Ah shit— 12 PM.

"Lunch..?" He looks at me with furrowed brows and I just made myself comfortable on his shoulder. "I have no appetite, I feel like puking my food once I've eaten.."

"Maybe you should head home." I shake my head, I don't want to. I want to watch them play! "Your fever's not subsiding.. you need proper rest." My temperature's too high that my eyes are in pain and they're tearing up. "I'm just worried." He kissed my nose, looking down to my lips before pressing a kiss on them.

"Sleep with me.." He gave me an are-you-serious look and I nod. I suddenly felt like puking, bending over to the floor as I felt sick. I let out coughs as I try to keep it in.

Kenma supported me and brought me to the restroom, he didn't care whether we were in the women's, no one was around and I needed help. I let it out because he told me to, having him tie my hair and pat my back as I attempted to vomit. I'm crying, I feel so sick.. but I want to stay.

They had to get me checked up in the end, Kenma, Naoi-sensei and Honami were the ones who came with me. I only have fever and that it was food poisoning.. which of the ones I ate did that...? I was given medication, and Naoi-sensei took care of it for me.

Kenma called my parents, but I'm not going home. I got a bit better after drinking the medicine the doctor prescribed.. He's worried sick, I should be careful next time. He shouldn't be stressing out over me getting sick, he should keep his mind on the camp. I feel bad.

I begged Kenma to sleep with me but they didn't allow him. He just stayed until I fell asleep. I got better by the fourth day, I finally was able to help the boys instead of worrying them. Kenma's relieved that I got better before the camp ended, and so am I.

Today's the last day and, we're currently up against Fukurōdani. Two genius setters against each other, a wing spiker against the middle blocker. I'm writing down what I've noticed, clenching my pen in my hand when Kenma avoided Bokuto-san's spike instead of blocking it.

The whistle blew and I immediately walked up to him. "Don't run away from the spikes." I flick his forehead, hearing the others snicker. I bring my mouth to his ear, feeling him flinch from breath. "You're wild when we're alone, but why are you such a shy kitten in public?"

His face turned red, making me laugh at him. "Doesn't mean I love you, you'd bully me like that." He whispers and I stick my tongue out at him, pulling it back into my mouth when I realized what could happen— if we were alone.

Fukurōdani won and, the boys went ahead with the next opponent. I had my eyes on Karasuno as they went up against Fukurōdani. Hinata and Kageyama did a nice attack! I feel so excited about meeting them at Nationals! We're all aiming for Nationals, I hope we can finally go up against them.

We're going to have barbecue today, I'm still kinda scared of eating.. I hope I won't get food poisoning again. Us managers helped the coaches prepare the food for everyone, and all the players are out here already. Bokuto-san's going everywhere, stealing other teams' meat.

I looked around and I didn't find Kenma, I went to the back and found him playing video games. Four eyes is here too, I slowly make my way up to them, catching the tall blonde's attention. He moved to the side, giving way for me to snatch Kenma's PSP.

"Eat." I shove the PSP into my pocket, handing him a plate with an onigiri and some meat. He frowned and reluctantly took it from me.

"The shorty has a boyfriend?" Oh my god Tsukishima, he has the audacity to speak like that. I nod and eyed Kenma, telling him not to say anything. "You two are too obvious."

"Is Mr. french fry jealous? Does Mr. French fry like me?" I ask, trying to irritate him but I irritated Kenma instead. Tsukishima's cheeks are red, Kenma stopped eating. "T-That was a joke." They both nodded, jeez (Y/n) what the hell are you doing?

I feel like I'm going to have to compensate for what I did, Kenma looks so pissed. Will a hug and a kiss be enough? Hopefully they are, I have nothing else in mind but that. I head back to the grills to get myself meat, feeling someone follow me.

I turn around, stopping when familiar lips landed on my cheek. Kenma's eyes were on Tsukishima and an arm was around my shoulder. He smiled at me, taking my plate with him and headed to the grills. He's being possessive, I was kidding about that with Tsukishima!

Soon enough the day ended and so did the camp, we're all in the bus, on our way back to school. I'm half-asleep with my head on Kenma's shoulder, he's playing his video games and I've already told him to keep it down but he's doing this on purpose. I shouldn't have provoked him like that— well it was supposed to irritate the other blonde not him!

Did I have fun during the camp? Yes. Things were a rollercoaster, especially when I suddenly got sick. Everyone got worried, and I'm just thankful there were people that helped me out. I should be mindful of what I'm doing next time, I can't always make people worry.

We got to school, and we're heading to my house now. Kenma's staying over for the next three days. My parents are away for some family meeting with my aunts and uncles, don't really know what they're going to be doing so... they can go ahead and take their time.

"Just don't do anything inappropriate, if you do, use protection!" Dad said. I have no idea why he thought of saying that, Kenma wouldn't. I hope. But moreover, why does it sound like he's actually not against it??!

We got to my house and I showered as soon as I got a change of cloths from my room. Kenma's cooking dinner, he surprisingly knows how to cook. I imagined that he'd only be eating instant noodles if he ever lived alone. It's good to know that he knows how to, wouldn't want him to live his life just eating instant noodles everyday.

I got out of the shower and headed to the kitchen, he's leaning on the counter with his eyes on his phone. What's he doing? "Are you sure you're not going to get those burnt?" I point to whatever he was cooking and he shook his head. He's not wearing a shirt... whatever.. it's summer.

"(Y/n), wear a bra if you're going to let your hair drip like that." I furrow my brows, trying to dry my hair with the towel in my hand. He gestured me to come to him, so I did. I got a kiss on the cheek before he took the towel from my hand to dry my hair for me.

Why do I feel like we're a married couple? It's like we've got the house all for ourselves. "Hey Kenma.." He hummed in response, eyes on my hair as he dried it. "Remember the miniature house we made?" He smiled and glanced at me. I'm hesitating..

"Spit it out." He simply said, brushing my hair once he was done. Should I say it? It's not like we'll last— we're uncertain of what'll happen.

"If... we last for years and eventually graduate from college.. would you—" He pecked my lips and smiled.

"Marry you and have the house done for us?" I look away and nod. We're years away from things like that but my mind's already there— (Y/n) get a grip. "Possibly, most certainly.. yes."

"But we're not even sure if we'll last.. First loves just.. somehow.. they never work out." He furrowed his brows, giving me a flick on the forehead. I rub the spot with my fingers, getting a kiss on the lips.

"We don't know what the future holds, we may or may not last. But it's up to us to make either of those happen." He handed me the towel, giving me one last kiss before turning to the stove to continue what he was doing.

I head to the living room, laying on the couch as I waited him to finish cooking. Not knowing the future makes it fun to explore all the possibilities, is how it goes for Shimizu-san. It's almost like how Kenma's... the same. He's scared but he's more focused on the memories he'd be creating rather than the outcome. The process is what matters.

I just suddenly remembered that my birthday's coming up. What should I do on my birthday? Definitely not go to watch the fireworks display-- I have to try watching one again, I can't keep running away because of what happened between me and Keiji. Plus, it's not like it'll happen the second time I watch the display on my birthday.

Kenma's done cooking and we're eating dinner, whatever he cooked is delicious as hell. I'm happy he's here for me. I get scared whenever I'm home alone, it's like I'm being haunted by something. There's always something in the back of my head, something that keeps me up at night whenever I'm alone at home.

I washed the dishes while he took a shower, I have to at least do something, this is my house after all. I feel so uneasy, not of today but of what might happen tomorrow. I should calm down, I shouldn't think of the negative things.. think positive.

I turn around to head upstairs, screaming when I suddenly found Kenma in front of me. "Kenma! Why didn't you say a word?" I hit his arm and he just laughed at me. "Do you want me to get sent to the ER again?" He shook his head, still chuckling at my reaction.

"You're fine right? You don't feel sick anymore?" I nod and he place his hand on my forehead, sighing in relief to see that I don't have a fever anymore. He looked at my chest and I crossed my arms to cover myself, he smirked. "I won't touch you."

"Really? We're all alone and you're almost not able to control yourself." He chuckled and pressed his lips against mine. He guided my arms to go around his neck, his hands resting on my waist. Knew this would happen once we were alone. My lips moved in sync with his, he tastes like toothpaste. Unfair, I haven't brushed my teeth yet.

I brushed my teeth and we headed upstairs to rest. The next three days were nothing out of the ordinary, he and I only stayed at my house. We couldn't leave it since my parents don't like having the house empty. We cuddled as we watched movies, or play games on his PSP, talk about ourselves to get to know each other more.

Kenma didn't mind staying inside the house, he said he preferred to be at home rather than going out so it was fine for both of us. I played with his hair a lot and he played with mine too. We've done nothing but the same things over and over again, but we didn't get sick of them. It was fun, because we were together-- nothing else mattered.

Days passed, and the weather's starting to get very hot. I went out with my friends, we all went around the mall. Sometimes, if we got the chance to push our boyfriends to come, they would. I had a lot of fun going out with all of them, it was a double date.. raised to the power of two.

Maki noticed that us girls mostly spent more time with our boyfriends than with each other, so they would come over to my house and we'd have a sleepover party. Just telling each other secrets and the things we've done while we weren't around. I had a fun summer, considering that it's just the first month of summer break.

"I seriously feel like (Y/n)'s not telling the truth about Kenma!" Honami says, pointing to me like I was some traitor. "I've lost 7 bets against Ena and Maki! Let me win just this once!" She whined, taking a bite off her cookie.

"Kenma does seem different. Just tell us the truth, you know how the other boys are." Maki says, resting her head on the edge of my bed. She was wriggling her brows as she smirked. I looked at every single one of them, letting out a sigh.

I cleared my throat, building up my courage to expose him. "Kenma's... yeah.. He's somehow.. wild." Honami smirked at the two girls, holding her hand out. "But, he hasn't lost control. He's given me a hickey, once or twice.." I said, seeing Honami's smile grow.

"Every guy can seem innocent, but when it comes to their girlfriends.." Ena cuts herself off by eating her muffin. Yeah thanks for the continuation. "But I wonder how shy and reserved guys like Kenma act when they're alone with their girlfriends."

"Would kiss you then make out, just to relieve themselves from stress-- at least that's my case." I honestly answer, and the three of them choked on their drinks. I drink my Coke and they smiled, making me back my head away.

Maki wiped her mouth with a tissue, cupping and squeezing my face with her hands. "Tongue?" I furrow my brows at her and she just looks at me, waiting for me to respond. "Jeez just--" I nod and she squealed. "Him?!"

"I might have a small crush on Kenma, if I was single." Honami says, and the other two agreed.

"I might have a small crush on your boyfriends." I casually drink my Coke, seeing the three of them glare at me. "It's a joke, I have Kenma. He's enough-- more than enough."

We continued eating, telling embarrassing moments that happened during a date or something. I told them about the convention, and they said it wasn't even embarrassing. Well, for me it was. Kenma loves the game, and I just liked a character. I still have the stuff toy, one of my favorite gifts.

"By the way, do you really love him? Kenma?" I nod, why wouldn't I when he's done so much for me already? "Because he really loves you." Ena showed me a picture of Kenma sleeping on his desk, she zoomed in and he was tracking me.

"Oh yeah, he tracked me down to get me back here." I smile, sending the picture to me.

"You haven't had an attack, Kenma's special." Maki squinted her eyes, drinking from her cup. He is different, and of course, special to me. "What would you do if he forgets who you are?"

"I'd...." What will I do? "Go back to square one."

The girls spent the night with me again, tomorrow I'll be unavailable. Kenma's bringing me somewhere, he said it's for my birthday but, my birthday's the day after tomorrow. I don't know what's on his mind.

Maki gave me an outfit as a gift, cropped and fitted tank top, high-waisted shorts and black sandals. Summer vibes. Ena gave me pistachios and almonds as a birthday gift, I was happier to get those than the outfit Maki gave me. Honami gave me a journal, useful. I told them not to bother but they still got me gifts.

Honestly, at the beginning of the school year, I never thought I'd have a boyfriend.. I never had crushes on guys, that's why I'm wondering.. what made me say yes? What made me give in to my feelings and say that I liked him? It's just weird. I have countless male friends (basically the boys in the team) that are kind to me, takes care of me but.. why him?

Love, such a complicated subject. There are multiple stages to it, multiple kinds, sides, stories and possibilities. What makes someone fall in love with a person? What makes them say I love you? How do you know if you truly love your partner? How will you know if it's not only infatuation? How did he come to love me?

I know why he loves me, but the question 'how' never gets answered. It remains a mystery, a puzzle that I have yet to solve. But, how did I come to love him?

Kenma came over in the evening, he said we'd be out until midnight. I wore the outfit Maki gave me, instead of not letting me wear them, he complimented me. He had a thin jacket with him and he said he'd let me borrow it once I get cold.

"Want shaved ice?" I nod and smile, I let him treat me today, he begged for it. I normally don't let him spend his money for me, but he said it's his gift for me. He got me the watermelon flavored one. I give him a kiss on the cheek and we sat on the bench.

"Thank you, it's not even my birthday yet." I say, feeding him as I ate the shaved ice. "This is all you want us to do?" I ask and he chuckled, looking around before pecking my lips.

"It's your birthday, I should be asking you that." He wiped my lips with his thumb, leaning in to give me a kiss. "I love you." He licked his thumb clean, smiling when he tasted the watermelon from the shaved ice.

"Why do you love me?" I take a spoonful into my mouth, almost spilling it on me but he caught it. "Sorry." He shook his head and threw it to the nearest bin.

I finished the shaved ice, smiling when I felt satisfied. I don't really like this but, I guess having him around makes me like it for some reason. It's sweet but not too sweet. "I love you, because you're you." He gave me the bottle of water and I drank from it. He's sweet. "Let's go, it's almost time."

He got my bag, throwing whatever needs to be thrown into the trash bin. He held my hand and he started bringing me somewhere else. I intertwined our fingers, hearing him chuckle. I link my arm with him, trying to catch up as he started walking faster with every step.

"Just where are we going?" We're at a park and he's just bringing me to a specific spot. "Kenma.." I let out a chuckle when he suddenly jogged for us to get there. He let my arm go, pulling me up to a hill.

I stared at the sky in awe, seeing the stars sparkle and shine above us. I let go of him, trying to reach for the sky-- as if I could. I turn to him every now and then, smiling brightly every time I saw the stars. Why does he like reminding me of the first time we got together?

Then all of a sudden, sparks flew. Fireworks flew up into the sky, colors exploding and many patterns were shown. I froze. This is the purpose..? Of why we were here?

He cupped my cheek and made me turn to him, an arm going around my waist as he looked at me with love. He pulled me closer, closing the gap between our lips.Unconsciously, my hands went to his chest, moving up to wrap my arms around his neck. My lips, dancing with his.

This.. is different. It's now, it's not before. It's love, it's not hatred. It's Kenma, it's not Keiji.

He wants to forget the bad memories, and replace them with beautiful ones. He rewrites them with me, and for me. He helps me free myself from the chains that were holding me on to fear. He's slowly saving me from the darkness of my past, and showing me the light of the present and the future.

He pulled away but I kept my lips on his, sensing him a bit taken aback by my actions. I never took the initiative to heat up the moment, but this time I will. I broke away, giving him a soft kiss on his lips.

"Nasty are we?" He teased, we're both smiling. "Happy birthday, Love." A nickname? I give him another kiss, I'm just filled with happiness. The coldness was replaced with warmth. "I have one more gift but, for now.. it's that." I look up to the sky and the fireworks spelled, HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Just how much, did he spend on that?

We sat on the grass, my head on his shoulder as we continued to watch the fireworks display. He told me stories of when we weren't together during summer, making me smile and laugh.. I'm happy to have you. I cup his cheek and admire his face, I'm blessed to have someone like you.

He looked at me, only waiting for me to say something. I press a kiss on his lips, smiling when he replied to it. I look at him sweetly, seeing his eyes glisten from the light given by the fireworks.

"I love you, Kenma."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932K 43.6K 40
❝𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙤 𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙠𝙞𝙙𝙨, 𝙬𝙝𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙢𝙚 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙙𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙧?❞ ╰┈➤ IN WHICH a Pediatric...
1.9M 69.6K 70
"it's like i love everything about her and i don't want to, because i'm scared." "at least you're not ...
140K 3.5K 17
Kozume Kenma never thought that he'd find love, or even someone remotely like him. He was an outcast, whose life revolved around his phone and volley...