Is This Happiness

By shamelesshxte

After witnessing a murder in cold blood. Carmen has no other choice but to be protected by the Genovese crime... More

Is This Happiness - The Playlist
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90

41

3K 65 11
By shamelesshxte

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

I watched red walk down the isle, looking gorgeous as ever. Dress was held up by smaller children I assume to be family.

Arm in arm with a man presumed to be her father. Stealing glances at Stefano, I see his glued eyes staring back at me. Making me more than angry.

I wasn't too happy about any of this but for him to not watch his soon to be wife was just mad. I never once looked him in the eye.

I watched the back of her head. I connected eyes with my father. He held a knowing look in his eyes. I was almost ashamed of my feelings.

My mother in the other hand was tearing up at the ceremony. Jax was playing with his fingers.

I didn't have the strength to search for Harper. I knew if I looked at her i'd see him somehow.

The dark hair, the eyes. The eyes in which I melt each and every time I look at him. It was just a stab to the chest now.

Stefano's best man was Paul. I was shocked to learn that it wasn't Giovanni. He and Giovanni seemed a bit closer. Seeing as he was his underboss.

The rows of guests cheer, standing as they do sending the garden into a roar. Watching the ground I see reds feet move and I know his do too.

I had focused on my thoughts the entire time? I missed it, now that I could complain. At once everyone files out of the garden to attend the party and I don't move a muscle.

Partly not wanting to be stuck in a crowd. More or less I didn't want to be around anyone anytime soon.

"You okay?" I walk from where I stand to sit in one of the many chairs in the first row.

"I'm okay." I confess, kicking a flower with my foot. I don't stomp on it fearing it would stick to the bottom of my heel.

"I know you better than that." Jax accused, leaning back into the white wooden chair.

"You really like him don't you." I shake my head getting a loud groan from him.

"Come on Carmen." I turn sideways to face him properly. "I don't like him. It's more than that Jax. I cant even make into words or understand it myself! You have no idea how frustrating it is."

"How did you even fall for the man in the first place. he's terrifying."

"He's really not." I laugh earning a grin from him. "Says you!"

"He's different with me. It's all different."

"Are you coming to the party?" Sadness made it way to my chest. I wanted to talk more.

"I don't think so."

"But there's cake."

"Yeah her's." He stays silent. Standing up he reaches for my hand. "At least walk me."

I send the biggest smile I possibly good. Which was a closed lip. Grabbing his hand I was edging a cry.

It didn't take long at all to make our way into the house, and the moment we did.

I make eye contact with him. I ignore Jax's worried tone and jet. I mentally hoped i'd look back to see him standing still. I was surprised to see I was wrong.

He made his way around the crowd, having his eyes stuck to my moving form. The chilled breeze once I make it to the outside doors hits me like cold water.

"Will you slow down."

"Go back in Stefano." The pavement underneath my feet felt like glue. Making it hardly impossible for me to look him in the face.

"Look at me will you." My chest heaved down and up pondering my thoughts. His touch sends a sensation through my already frozen arms.

"Don't touch me!" His hand went to pull my chin up. "Look me in my eyes and tell me that."

"You're infuriating."

"Not here Carmen." He pulled my arm harshly. Passing the windows I see guests laughing with big smiles on their faces.

I felt envy.

"Stefano please you're hurting my arm." He let go, running a hand through his hair. We were now in the center garden. The place Harper and I got lost the first time I arrived here.

"Shouldn't you be with your wife?"

"Jealous?"

"You should be with her. Everyone will be suspicious soon." I pace the pathway. Avoiding his eyes.

"I care what they think? I own them." An animalistic laugh bubbles up my throat.

"What? Stefano you don't own them."

"They work for me. I own-" I place a hand on his chest without realizing. He smiles down at me. "Besides the point."

"No! We're not having a moment."

"That was a moment, bella?" I remove my hand. "The next time I see you- well if."

"If?" Stefano was quick to cut me off. "Yeah."

I continue before he could say anything.

"She'll probably be pregnant or something." I half joke trying to make the situation lighter.

"She will never carry the Genovese heir." I bite back a laugh. "Why."

"She isn't my wife."

"What? What the hell-"

"I didn't marry her. I married you."

VOTE!!

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 2.4K 12
"When you are done admiring my house, I want to make something clear to you. What happened tonight should never repeat itself again, because if it do...
337 47 15
Alenhandro is a dangerous mafia that uses power to take what ever he wants Rosita is just a young woman with passion love and a big heart Will Alenha...
208K 5.9K 53
-MATURE CONTENT- After problems go down in her hometown of Brooklyn, she is sent to Italy by her mobster don father. Unknown to her, she wasn't simpl...
83.8K 3.1K 63
This is the Sequal of Pain Before Love. You will need to Read the first one to understand this one or you will be confused. This is Keyona Martinez...