In Her Laugh

Da AmoraNext

Reese Price moves to a different continent, not by choice, of course. An orphan and the youngest of five brot... Altro

All Rights Reserved
Quotes
1. At least say hi first...
2. All is well that ends well, right?
3. Home Sweet Candy
4. Ro-Ro-Row your boat, Roman
5. It's King's Land
6. Everyone can go fu*k themselves
7. Our mistakes are not a reflection of your lack of authority or presence
8. Nobody parties like the Price family
9. I like different
10. I'm home!
11. WAP
13. Lets just cuddle
14. Pinky Promise
15. Magical Fingers
16. Glad we're on the same page
17. What I'm saying is
18. All men are toxic
19. Positive Affirmations
20. Morning, sleeping beasts
21. He's the one
22. Spill the tea
23. Mistletoe Madness
24. I love you
25. In your laugh
26. This is my life
27. Goodbye
28. Stay
Epilogue
Sequel

12. And that's on period

4.7K 241 291
Da AmoraNext

☕︎☕︎☕︎

"Reese fucking Price! Hurry the fuck up!" I hear Roman yelling from downstairs. I quickly strap up my heels and pull out my lipgloss. I run over to the mirror and quickly apply it over my lips and pucker up to see them glistening.

"You are the hottest girl alive, Reese fucking Price," I blow myself a kiss in the mirror and swing around walking over to my bed. I throw my lipgloss into the bag and pull the strap over my shoulder as I exit.

"Finally," Landon groans as he hears the clicking of my heels.

"Where's Jaxson?" I question as I walk down the stairs carefully holding onto the railing.

"He's bringing a date, so he left to pick her up. He'll meet us there," Gray shares.

"Oh, actually? Why didn't he tell me he was bringing a date?" I question.

"He wasn't sure if he should bring her or not, but decided might as well last night," Aaron explains.

"Well did he give a name at least?"

"Nope," Roman answers.

"Okay then," I shake my head.

"You all look very handsome," I say as I notice them all dressed in suits. Grayson's is grey like usual, Aaron's is black, Landon's is navy blue and Roman's is black like Aaron's, but they all have different designs and separate features. It's like they're matching, but they all have a hint of their personality added to them.

"You don't look too bad yourself," Roman says patting my back.

A giant smile stretches on my lips.

"Are you okay? Are you sick? Do we need to take you to the hospital? Or do I need to get my hearing checked because I don't think I heard correctly? Is Roman Price actually complimenting me for once?" I exaggerate.

"Take it or leave it, sis, it won't happen again especially after that reaction," he rolls his eyes.

"Fine, fine, thanks brother," I smile.

I'm wearing a long satin dress with thin straps and a square neck resting right above my cleavage. It has a slit on the right leg and it scrunches to the left extenuating my waist. I paired it with three-inch silver strapped heels, a tennis bracelet, purple studs lined with white diamonds around it and a Gucci snake ring on my left middle finger.

"I'm driving the Benz," Aaron says.

"I'll take the Lambo," Gray says.

"Shotgun!" I yell for the Lambo.

"Fuck!" Landon and Roman both curse knowing I beat them.

"You always shotgun the nice one!" Landon complains.

"Yes, and?"

"Nothing," he rolls his eyes.

"Let's go," Gray says and we head to our garage.

Landon and Roman sit with Aaron in the Benz S-class while Gray opens the door for me and helps me sit in his Lamborghini Veneno. It was hard for him to get, but he got his hands on it after trying for almost months. It was his and dad's most prized possession and he loves driving it whenever he can. It's a mix between a satin and matte finish in black with green outlines and features. The interior is also green.

Once I'm seated, he gets in and starts the car. The engine roaring the second it's on.

"It's a thirty-minute drive don't make it longer or less than twenty," I instruct.

"Okay ma'am whatever you say," he says and we exit the garage behind Aaron.

"So, are you nervous? Sebastian's parents are gonna be there," Grayson starts.

"Uh... kind of," I share. "I don't know. I mean I rather not think about it and psych myself out. What's the worse that could happen? They could not like me?"

He laughs.

"Come on what's there not to like about you?"

"You're my brother you have to say that, but you do know that Sebastian doesn't know anything about my past ... like nothing?"

"I mean, I assumed. It's only been a month and a half since you've known him."

"What if he doesn't like me after he knows? What if he thinks I'm too much after that? What if he can't handle it all?"

"Well, he already knows you lost your parents and that you're dyslexic, right?"

"Yeah."

"Then that's like the base of it and then he already witnesses you're sarcasm and psychotic-ness, so I mean there's not much more to share. I get that rehab, Silas and Kairo were a big part of your life, but I don't think it'll change how he views you or at least shouldn't make him think about you in a negative way. If he does, he's just not meant for you. You've come a long way and you know some people never recover, but you did. You didn't let it turn you into a bad person or let it ruin your life, you pulled it together, realized you deserved better and that you could be better. I'm proud of you."

"Aw, Gray. Don't make me cry, I'm wearing makeup," I say wafting at my eyes trying to soak up the water in my eyes.

"Don't cry, oh my God, Reese," he exasperates.

"I won't!" I say back and we both start laughing. The rest of the car ride goes by quickly and we let the music take over. It's mostly Pop Smoke and Polo G because we needed to be pumped up.

"Where are they going? They missed the house," I say.

"The party is in the backyard. They said to pull up there and that's also where the valets are," Grayson says.

"Oh. Why does no one tell me these things? I thought it was an inside event," I explain.

"Sorry, but it's not that cold so you should be fine. I would've told you to bring a jacket or something if I thought otherwise," Grayson shares.

"I mean, I'll have to believe you on that one," I smile. As we pull up, I watch as everyone starts turning their heads watching us.

I mean if I saw someone pull up in a Lamborghini like this one, I would too. There are only nine of these in the entire world. I'm not trying to brag, but I don't know how else I would put it.

Once the valet takes Aaron's Benz, we pull up and exit. Aaron takes my hand and helps me step out. Once Grayson is out he fixes his suit and hands the keys over to the valet whispering something in his ear and handing him a hundred dollar bill.

I fix my dress and pat it down as we wait for Grayson to come to us.

"Jaxson's here too," Roman says noticing him pull up in his grey McLaren.

We watch Jaxson exit first and walk over to the passenger seat and open the door for his lady. She holds his hand and exits gracefully. She has short brown hair hanging just above her shoulders in soft curls. She's wearing a black dress with a low back and a square cut with thin straps. Her heels add an extra three inches making her almost as tall as Jaxson telling me she's only a few inches shorter than him without them.

He hands the valet the keys and they both walk over to us.

"Guys, this is Raven Box," Jaxson introduces. "Raven, this is my family in order: Grayson, Aaron, Landon, Roman and Reese."

We all say hi to her and she smiles back sweetly. She has a very low voice and seems shy.

"Well, we should head in," Grayson says.

"Yeah, everyone's staring," I notice. With that, we start walking down the gravel path lighted by small lamps. On my left are Landon and Roman right next to me. On my right is Aaron then Grayson, Jaxson and Raven.

There are lights hanging around over top, and music blasting throughout the area. People dressed just as fancy are carrying glasses of wine and waiters and waitresses are walking around offering people more food and drinks.

"Hi, you must be the Price family," we're greeted by Jake and his family. He and his older brother are dressed finely in maroon suits while his little sister, who is six years old (Jake mentioned earlier), is wearing a pink dress with flowers and a little bow on her head.

"That's us," Grayson lets out a small laugh. He shakes Mr. Zhao's hand and introduces all of us to their family.

"Nice to meet you all, this is my wife Azami, the oldest son, Zion, Jake and then Natalie our youngest. And what a fool of me, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Ken and we're the Zhao family," he speaks with a slight accent.

"It's lovely to meet you, finally," Aaron smiles. "We've met Jake before, he goes to school with our sister and brothers."

"Yeah, he's mentioned Landon, Roman and Reese before," Mrs. Zhao shares.

"I hope it's only good things," I laugh.

"Don't worry, Reese I only ever speak the truth," Jake answers. I don't know if I should laugh at that or be scared of what he told his family about me. The truth is kind of frightening when it comes to me.

God damn.

"You're really pretty," Natalie says tugging at my dress.

"Whoa, kid," I say holding the dress up so I don't flash the Zhao family. That was not a part of the agenda.

"Natalie, you don't pull on people's clothes like that," Mrs. Zhao scolds her daughter. I hear my brothers snicker in the back. They had all turned away including the Zhao men when they noticed what Natalie was doing and had almost done.

"It's okay," I smile blushing. "Thanks, Natalie."

Now, the men return their eyes and attention.

"Why don't we let the kids enjoy their night and look around while we talk?" Mr. Zhao says to Grayson and Aaron.

"Sure," Grayson and Aaron both reply.

Roman, Landon, Jake and I head off in one direction while Jaxon and Raven start talking to Zion. Zion's date joins them and they head off into the crowd.

"We're gonna go grab some drinks," Landon and Roman tell me.

"Okay," I reply.

"Good luck," Roman whispers into my ear before heading off with Landon.

We walk through the crowd until we find Zoya and Sarah flirting with some guys that I don't recognize.

"Hey! You guys look so good!" I compliment as I notice their dresses. Sarah's wearing a short aa black dress with thin straps and cinched sides with straps hanging down on both sides. Zoya's wearing a red sequence dress that flows out at the bottom and a beige hijab. Both of them look stunning. 

"Holy shit. Speak about yourself," Zoya seems speechless making me blush.

"Don't say it like that, you're making me shy," I frown.

"You? Shy? Bitch, never," Sarah laughs.

"Where's Everleigh?" I ask not noticing her anywhere near us.

"She's with Sebastian and his family," Zoya shares.

"Oh," I reply feeling my heart drop a little. I'm not jealous, but I can't help but feel like she still likes him or this might end up being a competition. What if she doesn't wanna be friends after she realizes I have feelings for one of her exes?

I'm scared.

As I notice the men behind them awkwardly waiting for us to be done, I decide to cut it short between us. I tell them I'm gonna go find Sebastian and Everleigh as an excuse leaving Jake to socialize with them too.

"Would you like a drink ma'am?"

"No thanks," I say to one of the waiters.

I don't really know where I'm going or what I'm doing, but as I walk through the crowd of strangers, some smile at me. I end up walking up the stairs to the pool and notice that the kitchen door is open and people are hanging out inside as well.

Hungry, I decide to go inside and explore for fun to keep myself busy.

It's mostly kids inside with Vodka, Weed and Coke lines going on. I take a deep breath before I continue on. For a recovering addict, this is not one of the best environments to be in, but I hold it together and walk into the house.

There are fewer people inside and I don't even know if I'm allowed here, but I remember there's a balcony overlooking the pool and backyard so I climb the stairs in an effort to find it.

It doesn't really take me long, but I end up finding it and I'm even happier when I notice I'm the only one here. I walk over and stare at the crowd. People are dressed boujee as fuck, holding drinks and worthless conversations. Some girls seem to be losing control of their bodies as the drinks start hitting them, some men even bolder as the alcohol pumps through their veins.

"Don't tell me that the princess is feeling lonely in the midst of a crowd, is it?" I hear a highly familiar voice and turn around surprised.

"King?" I question as my hand rests on my heart. "What are you doing here?"

He's dressed in a black tuxedo with a black bow around his collar. His hair is tossed around messily and a few strands fall over his forehead making his grey eyes seem even more mysterious.

"My real dad works with the Zhao's. He invited me. You know the basic storyline of the dad trying to fix his relationship with his son seventeen years too late."

"I always assumed you would have a sob story," I speak with arrogance. He snickers. He slowly closes the distance between us and approaches me. His hands rest on his sides.

"Yeah, I mean everyone does, right? We all know you do too," he smirks. As I realize what he's talking about, my face forms into a scowl. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Not like it was your fault," I retort and take a step back not being able to hide the sudden flood of emotions. I turn around and lean on the edge with my elbows resting on the cement rail.

King stands next to me mimicking my pose.

"You hide it pretty well. Could've never guessed a girl like you just went through so much only a few months ago."

"I'll take that as a compliment I guess."

"You know I'm not all that bad," he speaks after a few moments of silence.

"Oh, yeah? Tell me more."

He laughs.

His body shifts to face me and I tilt my head paying him attention.

"Let me take you out soon and maybe I could show you," he speaks. For a second, I look back out in the open and watch as the sun dips and it begins to get darker.

"But what if I said I don't wanna get to know you like that?" I question.

"Then that's your loss, but it's only one day. I promise you'll be back in your little mansion, in one perfect piece, by the end of the day," he urges.

What's the worse that could happen? I'll tell Roman and the boys already have my location. It could be fun. I love adventures and King's interesting. We never got off on the right foot, but who knows, maybe he isn't as bad as everyone paints him to be.

As I think, I spot Everleigh and Sebastian in the crowd. Leaning over the bar, she starts leaning on Sebastian.

A burning anger rages within me at the sight. Instead of pushing her off, Sebastian wraps his arms around her and holds onto her by her waist. She whispers something in his ear and they both start laughing.

"Pass me your phone," I say and he seems surprised. I stand up straight and wait for him to do as I've told him.

"Does this mean yes?" he questions digging in his pocket for his phone. He hands it over to me unlocked and I add myself in his contacts.

"On one condition. No one, and I mean no one, knows that we're hanging out and if even a hair on my body is touched without my consent, you'll be rotting in jail for the next fifty years. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am," he smiles.

"Oh, he smiles? I thought bad boys only smirk."

"So you think I'm a bad boy?"

"I mean come on, the leather jacket? The dominance? It screams bad boy."

"I'm as bad as they come," he winks and we both laugh.

"Sure, sure," I reply.

"You don't believe me?" he challenges. His gaze zones into mine and I feel goosebumps rise all over my body.

I start to back away on impulse and he continues to close the distance until I reach the railing.

"Fuck," I sigh breaking the eye contact.

"What?"

"Nothing," I reply looking back up. His gaze is as intense as before. His arms cage around me as his hands rest on either side of the railing around me.

His scent, a citrus musk, engulfs around me and I find it hard to think about anything else other than the intensity between us right now.

"King," I breathe out as I hear my heart beat faster.

"Mm-hm?"

God, his eyes are so pretty.

"You know I really wanna kiss you?" he says.

Butterflies.

Butter fucking flies in my tummy.

Or...

All of a sudden, I feel something wet under... there. I swear I'm pale as fuck in that instant if I wasn't already.

"No, not today. Not right now," I groan.

This leaves King confused and he drops his arms from around me.

I pull out my phone and check my flo app.

"Bitch! You're early! I still have three days!"

I could cry right now I swear.

"What happened?" he questions.

"I need to go to the bathroom," I groan. I don't wait for him to respond, I just walk past him and walk down the hallway and open all the doors until I find a bathroom.

Once I find a bathroom, I lock the door and quickly check only to be right. I quickly clean myself up and check if I have a tampon in my bag but I don't. I check the cupboards hoping that maybe I'll find something, but I'm out of luck.

At least, it didn't leak through to my dress.

Immediately, I dial Aaron's number.

"Hey."

"Aaron!" I sniffle as he answers the phone.

"Are you crying? Did the boy do something to you up there?"

"What? What boy?" I sniffle again confused. "Wait, King? No, King didn't do anything."

"Who's King?"

"The g-guy who wa-was up here. But no, I-I got my period and I don't have anything," I complain.

I can't cry.

My makeup's too good to ruin it.

"What do you mean- uh fuck. Reese, were you not tracking it or something?"

"I was! It's early, that's not my fault! Can we go home or like can you go buy me some tampons?"

"Yeah let me see what I can do. Where are you?"

"In one of the bathrooms upstairs."

"Okay, I'll call you."

"Ok-" before I can reply, my phone dies.

Fuck my life.

"Reese," I hear knocking on the door. It's King.

"Fuck," I whisper. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You sounded like you were crying. Was it something I did?"

"Uh- no! I'm just not having a good day, sorry."

"Oh, is there anything you need?"

"No, it's okay. You can enjoy the party. I'll be down in a bit," I say hoping he gets the hint.

"It's okay, I'll just wait."

"Oh my fucking, God," I mumble.

"King? What the fuck are you doing?" I hear Sebastian outside.

What is going on?

"Nothing."

"Who's in there?" Seb asks.

"Reese."

"Reese? Reese, your brother sent me," Sebastian says knocking on the door.

Why? Why would Aaron send Sebastian? I'm on my fucking period.

"Where is my brother?" I question.

"He went to get what you need," he shares.

"Oh, okay. I'll just wait for him. You guys can go."

"Open the door, Reese. I've been messaging and calling you this whole time and you haven't been replying."

"My phone is dead," I share.

"Bro, you're tripping take a seat," I hear King recommend to Seb.

"Sebastian, are you drunk?"

"No, I mean I had a few drinks."

"Oh, uh, can you leave please? I'll be okay. I just don't want to talk to you drunk."

"You'd rather have King with you?" he questions clearly hurt.

"King is sober, he'll be more help."

"Okay, well... whatever you want," Seb slurs.

"Is he gone?" I ask tearing up.

"Yeah, he is," King replies. "You okay?"

"Yeah."

"You know I give good hugs," he says.

I look at the tears coming down from my eyes and pout knowing well I could use one, so I open the door and fall right into his arms. He rubs my back gently.

"Did you get your period?"

"Yeah."

He lets out a small laugh.

"I thought so. You don't have to embarrassed, it's natural."

"Whoa, Reese," I hear Roman. I back away from King and wipe my tears. Roman looks like he's a deer in front of headlights.

"Um- Sebastian's kind of creating a scene downstairs. His parents dragged him home," he shares.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He kept saying some whack shit, but it kind of makes sense now," Roman says.

"King's just a friend. I'll explain later," I tell Roman.

"Why are you crying?" he questions.

"I got my period, Aaron's bringing me tampons," I explain. As I say this, Roman eyes King weirdly.

"You're that kid from the diner, aren't you?" Roman becomes more dominant as he realizes. His back straightens and his fists form.

"I am," King answers without hesitation.

"What are you doing here with my sister? I thought Landon told you to keep your distance," Roman threatens as he steps in between King and me.

"Roman, stop. King is being nice," I defend.

"For what purpose?"

"Hopefully just to be a good person?"

"Yeah, I can leave though," King offers. "I see you have enough people that care for you."

"Yeah, we'd appreciate that actually," Roman answers before I can. I side eye him to let him know I'm disappointed at how rudely he's behaving towards King, but he doesn't seem to care.

"Bye," he waves.

"Bye," I wave back with an apologetic look on my face.

"What is wrong with you?" Roman turns around and scolds.

"What?"

"Do not act stupid, Reese. Stop, I am not in the mood."

"You're not in the mood? I'm not in the mood."

"I got them!" Aaron yells waving a box of tampons.

"Oh my God. I swear I have brainless bodies walking around as my brothers," I exasperate as I facepalm myself.

"Here," Aaron says handing me the box.

"You carried this whole box of tampons throughout the party?" I question.

"No, I came through the front," he explains.

"So you're not that stupid after all."

"Yeah, I just wanted to embarrass you a little," he admits.

"Like I'm not embarrassed enough," I roll my eyes. "Be right back."

I quickly go to the bathroom and finish my business. I put some of the extra tampons in my bag and leave a few in the box and put them in a cupboard just in case there's another helpless woman around that might need them.

"Done, thanks, Aaron. You're the best."

"And that's on period," he replies proudly.

"No, don't even say that again," I deadpan.

"Yeah, never," Roman agrees.

"Can we just go home now?"

"Yeah, I'm over it."

"Where's Landon?" Aaron questions.

"He was making out with some blonde somewhere last I saw him."

"He works quick."

"Yeah, he's definitely following my footsteps."

"They're not the best to follow," I sheepishly reply to Aaron.

"Hey, I turned out pretty good."

"If you think so," Roman laughs.

"Why'd you send Sebastian upstairs?"

"He kept saying he needed to talk to you."

"Oh, well he was drunk and I was upset so I asked him to leave."

"He did not take it well. There will be videos for proof, I'm pretty sure," Roman explains.

"Is that my fault?"

"Might be. I don't know what the fuck you were doing with King," Roman mercilessly describes.

"Seb and Everleigh were up each other's asses, so I don't know how he's going to justify that," I cross my arms angrily.

"Little kid drama really never fails to impress me," Aaron reminisces as we enter his car. "Everyone else will get themselves home, hopefully, safe and sound."

"You didn't drink?" I ask Aaron.

"I had a glass of wine, but that's it," he shares.

"Okay, good."

"Yeah. Wanna go to the gas station and get some snacks?"

"Fuck yeah," Roman and I both reply. We look at each other weirdly.

"You were asking her, weren't you?" Roman queries.

"Yeah, I mean if you're on your man period then um- we don't discriminate."

"For free snacks, fuck yeah. Man period it is," Roman excitedly replies and we all start laughing.

A/N:

Hey, guys!

How was this chapter?

What do you think? Will Seb and Reese be able to fix this little problem?

Do you think Reese will actually go hang out with King?

What do you think Everleigh will think?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

184K 8.8K 27
"What's going on?" "Nothing. Please just keep jogging or something." "What're you hiding, Kelsey?" Her eyes searched mi...
112K 3.5K 35
Avery wrapped an arm around my waist to catch me before I could get out the door. He pushed me up against the door, trapping me between his body and...
327K 10.1K 25
I shrunk back into my seat as his head snapped towards me. He looked like his head was going to fall off. His eyes were blazing with rage. His face w...
62.8K 1.4K 38
Amber had been trying to run away most of her life. When she finally succeeded, she found the place she would call home in her heart. Four boys- two...