The imperfect perfect man

michking126 द्वारा

Lilith Blackwood survived nearly being killed by her abusive husband Christian. She woke up 3 days later in... अधिक

Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Lilith
Alexander
Alexander

Lilith

104 4 0
michking126 द्वारा

I woke up in the arms of the man that I love after making love most of the night. The cloud of darkness was finally gone, and I could see and think clearly again. I turned my head to look at him and he was looking at me. When he saw I was awake he kissed my nose and smiled.

"Good morning beautiful." Alexander started to play with my hair, "How'd you sleep."

"Sleep, what sleep? I had an insatiable man keep me up most of the night." I gave him a shy smile.

"Keep looking at me like that and I'm going to keep you in bed most of the day too." Alexander tugged on the pieces of hair he was playing with lightly so I would move forward and kiss him.

I broke the kiss, "Most of the day, why not the whole day?" I teasingly asked him.

He touched my lips, "You have physical therapy today." Then he went in for the kill on my lips and I was his all over again.

After making love two more times we got up showered and dressed. I took my therapy more serious this time around, I was determined to get out of this chair. Alexander stayed true to his word and helped me with my stretches, but I think it was more for him and not me.

He laid me on the table and lifted my right leg to stretch it getting closer and closer to being on top of me.

"How can you take an innocent thing like stretching and turn it X-rated?" Helga asked laughing.

"My husband has a gift for seeing the perverted side of everything." I laughed and he stretched my leg a little further.

"My Sexy wife lying on her back while I get to push up on her while stretching her leg, who won't find that X-rated." Alexander winked at me and kissed me.

"Okay, enough stretching and distraction." Helga pushed Alexander towards the door, "Out!" She shouted and laughed.

I worked on walking with the cane for an hour and then my PT was done for the day. I decided that day I would only use the cane and not the chair. I walked out slowly with just the cane. Alexander rushed over to me.

"Baby what are you doing?" Alexander looked around, "Where's your chair?"

"I am no longer using my chair." I informed him.

"Are you sure?" His expression was serious, "It's too soon for you not to use your chair. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"I can't walk if I don't fall down a few times. It will be okay, don't worry." I assured him.

"Fine. But if you need help you tell one of us you got it." Alexander said with a stern voice.

"Of Course my love." I gave him a little kiss on his nose.

Next day I went to my therapy session with Dr. Cross and when I got home there were workers in the house working on the bathroom. Alexander saw I was home and came out of his office and down the stairs.

"I would have helped you in the house." Alexander gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"Damian helped me in. What's going on here?" I asked pointing to the bathroom, "Are you opening it?"

"No, I'm having it gutted and sealed shut." Alexander looked uncomfortable talking about the bathroom.

"Alexander it's just a bathroom." I insisted.

"That bathroom is not up for discussion and I don't want to argue about it. No one will ever step foot in there again." I knew not to continue because this was something he felt strongly about, and I wasn't going to undermine his pain every time he looked at that bathroom.

Another week went by and I was starting to do the stair exercises. I was only going up and down a few of them, but it was exhausting. Alexander started to help me with the stairs.

"I have a proposition for you." Alexander winked at me.

"You do love your propositions." I laughed.

"You know it." Alexander gave me a huge grin, "Every step you take I have to give you a kiss."

"I like that one." I told him.

"Better than our first proposition?" He asked cocking his head to the side.

"Nothing is better than that first proposition." I leaned in to kiss him and he backed away.

"Nope you need to earn that kiss." Alexander said pointing to the stairs.

I walked over with my cane to the steps and lifted my foot to step on the first step. I got onto the first step and he kissed me. He moved up one step and I followed him with another step, and he kissed me again. I went up three more before I was tired then he guided me back down the stairs and we sat in the living room.

"How was your session with Dr. Cross?" Alexander asked pulling me into his arms.

"It was really good." I informed him. "We talked about how I'm going to feel when you go back to work." I leaned into him, "You know I'm going to be ok."

"I know but I'm not returning to work anytime soon." He told me.

"You don't have to worry about me." I tried to sound happy, "I'm hoping to get back to work soon myself."

"Yeah well you're not rushing anything, you need to focus on your health first." Alexander kissed my head and it meant end of this discussion.

"Alexander..." I started to say.

"Please just don't. I will go back to work when I'm ready." He smirked at me, "And I'm still your boss."

"Okay boss." I winked at him.

"Are you mocking me?" Alexander reached his hands to my waist and started tickling me.

"I'm sorry." I laughed, "Stop." I kept having a fit of giggles and I couldn't breathe.

Alexander stopped tickling me and kissed me. "I'm so proud of you."

"You are?" I asked smiling.

"You survived so much baby and you had a setback but now you are doing amazingly." Alexander kissed me, "I'm so glad I have my wife again, I've missed you."

"I'm so glad you stayed with me after the hell I put you through." I nuzzled my head into his neck, "I'd be so lost without you."

"You'll never lose me. I promise you I'll always be there no matter what." Alexander kissed the top of my head and we just sat on the couch holding each other.

The rest of the week I worked really hard trying to walk up the stairs and on Friday I was able to reach the top without any help. I walked to Alexander's office and opened the door. He looked up at me in wonder.

"Baby are you by yourself?" Alexander asked standing up from behind his desk.

"Yes." I answered him as he walked towards me.

He picked me up and gave me a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you." Alexander was beaming with happiness.

"I want to ask you something without you getting upset." I looked into his eyes.

"Baby you can ask me anything." He kissed me.

"I want to go to work on Monday." I gave him a half smile.

"I don't know." Alexander said walking me over to the couch in his office.

I sat down, "Alexander if I'm going to get my life back, I need to go back to work."

"Do we really have to rush it?" Alexander looked deep into my eyes with fear, "I mean you just started to walk with a cane. Give it another month baby."

"I will still do my PT and therapy sessions with Dr. Cross and we can still go to the grief counseling together." I touched his face, "You don't need to be afraid. I'm not going to push myself too hard and I'm not going to fall apart again."

"Is this really what you want?" He still looked uneasy about it.

"This is what I want." I smiled.

"How can I say no to that smile." Alexander pulled me into his arms for a hug, "I love you."

"I love you too." I replied leaning my head on his shoulder.

Monday morning, we drove into work and I was excited and a little nervous. Damian helped me out of the car and handed me my cane and Alexander held my hand as we walked into the building.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Kane, welcome back Mrs. Kane." Some of the security guards said in unison.

"Have I been gone for that long that you are back to calling me Mrs. Kane instead of Lilith?" I asked laughing.

"Welcome back Lilith." Anthony replied.

"Thank you, it's good to be back." I smiled.

We rode the elevator up to the top floor of the building and when the doors open people where already at work. Denise ran over to me and threw her arms around me in a huge hug making me lose my balance for a moment and Alexander had to stand in the back of me so I wouldn't fall.

"I missed you too Denise." I laughed.

"Denise you almost took out my wife." Alexander laughed.

Denise grabbed my hand and we walked over to my cubicle that was decorated with balloons and welcome back signs and I sat down at my desk. "This had to be you Denise." I laughed point to the balloons.

"Guilty." Denise fluttered her eyelashes, "I missed my gossip buddy."

Alexander walked over to us, "I'm going into my office. I have a few calls to return. You going to be alright?" Alexander asked me.

"I'll be fine." I assured him.

He kissed me on top of my head, "We are leaving at 1." Alexander told me.

"But..." I started to say but Alexander gave me the look not to question him. "alright, 1 sounds good."

He winked at me and started heading for his office.

I looked over to Alexander's office and saw he had no assistant sitting at the desk in front of his office.

I called out to Alexander, "Alexander where's your assistant?" I asked him.

He turned around to look at me, "I don't need one."

"Of course, you need one, who's going to filter your calls?" I asked him.

"I had all my calls being redirected to my cell phone for a couple of months now." Alexander said nonchalantly.

Alexander walked into his office and I started to check my calendar to see what meetings are going on. There was only one meeting today that Richard was in charge of. I picked up my cane and walked over to his office that used to be Zach's before Zach left the company.

"Congratulations on the promotion." I said to Richard standing in his office doorway.

"Thank you, Lilith." Richard got up out of his chair and walked over to me to walk me into his office. I sat down on a chair in front of his desk. "This office should have been yours." Richard looked a little sad.

"No, you were next in line for the promotion before me." I smiled at him.

"You changed this department and you changed it for the better. This should have been your promotion." Richard looked at me.

"I like my little cubical, I like not having to micromanage people. I mean I live with a boss I don't want to be one." I laughed and so did Richard.

"Have you heard from Zach?" Richard asked feeling a little more comfortable after our conversation.

"Alexander has, they are very happy being in Chicago by Abby's family. Alexander said he got him an interview with a topnotch marketing firm there and gave him a glowing reference." I smiled at Richard, "They're happy."

"That's good." Richard smiled.

"How's Samantha?" I asked him.

"She's good. I'm taking her out tonight for her birthday." Richard said.

"Tell her happy birthday from me." I said.

"I will." Richard answered.

Richards office door opened, and Denise walked in, "You can't hog her all-day Richard." Denise said with her hands on her hips.

"Hey, she came to me." Richard laughed and put his hands up in the air in defeat.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey Lilith, I ordered us lunch, so meet me in 5 minutes in the break room for some much-needed gossip." Denise laughed then closed the door behind her.

"I guess that's my cue to go." I got up and placed the cane in my hand and walked out of his office.

I walked over to the break room where Chinese food was waiting for me.

"Denise this smells so good." I took a deep breath breathing in the smells.

"I thought you would like it. I know you haven't had it since..." Denise trailed off.

"You can say it, since I lost the baby." I gave her a halfhearted smile.

"I just didn't want to bring it up." Denise looked down at her food.

"It was hard at first, but I'm coming to terms with it. Only moving forward no moving back." I picked up the chicken and broccoli, "And this, smells amazing." I took a bit. "Oh, this is so good."

"I thought I would find you here." Alexander walked into the break room. "Let me guess Chinese."

"You should try it, it's so good." I batted my eyes at me.

He kissed me on the head, "Baby you know I don't like Chinese food."

"I know, I was just being polite, I wasn't going to share." I laughed sticking a broccoli in my mouth.

"You tease." Alexander gave me a devilish look.

"Don't worry, later I won't be teasing." I winked at him.

"Ugh. I'm eating here." Denise laughed.

"Oh, like you and Jackson don't talk like this." I laughed at her.

"Not at work, I'm very professional here." Denise gave me a stern look.

"yeah right." I laughed, "What about..."

"I don't know what you are talking about, I'm very professional at work and would never sneak my boyfriend into the copier room or my new office." Denise smiled slyly.

"Oh my God, I am going to pretend I didn't just hear that." Alexander had a stunted look on his face.

"Yeah you really should pretend that you didn't hear that because she is my best friend and I tell her everything." I casually let my eyes drift to the counter where our first sexual interaction took place 10 years ago. Alexander's eyes followed mine then he just turned around and walked out of the break room.

Denise and I both laughed. "Welcome back, I've missed this so much." Denise said laughing so hard that tears were falling down her face.

I was back into my routine with work and the kids. Everything felt natural again. My life felt right, and I felt stronger then I have in a long time. I was finally able to walk without the cane now and take the kids to different after school activities. I was me again and I was happy. I started to go to a group meeting for parents who lost a child at a local church. I went every Thursday without Alexander because he was convinced that the church would burn to the ground if he walked into it. One night I left the meeting a little earlier than normal and decided to walk around the city for a while before Brent picked me up to take me home. While I was walking it started to rain and I wasn't prepared for it. Soaking wet I tried to rush back to the church before Brent got there that's when I saw it. A run-down building that was abandoned but it had these two beautiful stained glass windows I've ever seen. One glass was multiple colors with a beautiful angel right in the middle of it and the other was multiple colors with a beautiful red rose in the middle. I looked at this eye sore of a building with the most magnificent windows in it and knew I was meant to find this building. It was meant for a greater purpose than just some old abandoned building. I called the number on the sign and told the real estate agent I wanted to buy the building. Then I called John.

"Hey stranger where have you been?" John answered the phone.

"I've been working and taking care of my kids. What about you?" I asked him.

"I've been throwing myself into work." Was his answer but something seemed off with him.

"Remember when we first met, what I said I wanted to do." I asked him.

"You wanted to forget all about Alex and fall madly in love with me." John laughed.

"I don't recall any of that." I laughed.

"Oh, well I guess that was all in my head." John chuckled. "You said you wanted to create a safe haven for battered women and children."

"You remember." I was shocked because it was almost 10 years ago.

"Of course, I remember, I thought to myself this woman is a saint in love with the devil." John replied.

"As of lately Alexander has been more of the saint and I'm more of the devil." I grinned slightly at the realization of how amazing my husband really is.

"Alex has really been great to you." John replied.

"Yes, he has." I smiled.

"So, getting back to the topic at hand. What did you have in mind Lily?" John sounded intrigued.

"I found this amazing building and I wanted to know if you wanted to be partners with Alexander and I to create a safe haven for battered women?" I asked John.

"And Alex is ok with this?" John asked me.

"He has to be I just bought the building. He should be getting a call at any moment from his lawyers." I was shocked because it just dawned on me that I bought a building without talking to my husband first.

"Dam girl you got some balls." John laughed.

"Just think about it and let me know what you decide." I told him walking really fast in the rain to Brent waiting in the car talking on the phone to someone.

"I will. Talk to you tomorrow." John said then hung up the phone.

I put my phone away and got into the back seat of the car. We got home and I was still soaking wet. I walked into the foyer and Alexander was there waiting for me.

"Your going to get yourself sick. Go change then we need to discuss something in my office." Alexander had a confused look on his face.

"Do you just want to talk about this now?" I asked walking towards him.

"No. I want you to get changed." Alexander said then turned to walk up the stairs to his office without another word.

I got changed into something dry then went to see Alexander in his office. I closed the door then sat down in front of his desk.

"I thought we were okay?" Alexander had a shocked look on his face.

"We're more than okay Alexander." I tried to reassure him but the look he was giving me was pure hurt.

"I don't understand. I just received a call from my lawyers saying my wife just bought a house behind my back." Alexander looked at me with broken eyes, "Is there someone else?"

"No. You're my soulmate, you have my heart and you always will even after I take my last breath." I got up and walked over to Alexander and sat in his lap. "But I did go behind your back and buy a building. I'm really sorry it was an impulse buy."

"A building? Why do you need a building?" Alexander was confused.

"I want us to create a charity with John for battered women and their children." I told him. "I know I should have talked to you first but when I walked passed this beautifully broken-down abandoned building with the most amazing stained glass windows, I couldn't stop myself from buying it."

Alexander smiled into my hair, "For 10 years you've never thought of my money as our money until tonight." He kissed my head, "I'll buy as many buildings as you want for this charity and we'll fix up the buildings no matter the cost."

"You're amazing Alexander." I smiled as he kissed my head again.

"You want to help battered women and you're calling me the amazing one?" He lifted my chin to look at him, "I do believe you are mistaken because I'm looking into the eyes of an angel." Then he kissed me.

The next day John called us to tell us he was in. He wanted to help with this charity and would be the face of it since I didn't want my face to be pictured in public. We bought the other building next to the one I purchased and started on renovations. It took six months to finish the two buildings but when they were done, we had a total of 150 one- two- and three-bedroom apartments. Our residents would have access to free legal information, counseling for battered women, education, job placement, business attire for job interviews and free babysitting. We were finally open and helping women in need.

"This is amazing baby, I'm so proud of you." Alexander kissed me.

"Yeah, you did good, and I'm proud to be apart of this." John told me.

All our kids and John's two sons were with us to play with some of the children from the building.

"Mom can we go play on the back-yard playground?" Sienna asked me.

"Yeah go have fun." I told her, "Take Joaquin and Logan with you."

"Fine." Sienna answered as she grabbed both her brothers' hands. "Come on J.T lets go outside. Bring your little brother too."

"But I don't want to go outside I want to play video games with AC and Ashton." J.T protested.

Sienna gave him a look then he followed her outside holding his little brother Morgan's hand.

"Damn that girl has my son whipped." John laughed.

"I think she's been bossing him around since he was one." Alexander laughed, "Remember when she kept making him get up and walk to her when she was two."

"That little girl got him to walk though." John laughed, "at least he's learning young how to always listen to his wife."

"My daughter isn't getting married until she is in her thirties." Alexander gave John a look.

"Your little girl is already planning her wedding to my son." John laughed, "It's all good father of the bride, my son will be very good to your daughter."

"That's not funny." Alexander was getting upset now.

"Do you honestly think they brought the little kids outside for no reason?" John asked Alexander and I tried to hold my laugh in.

"They wanted to play with their siblings." Alexander said but wasn't getting what John was implying.

"They wanted to play house with their younger siblings." John raised an eyebrow at Alexander.

"Oh hell no." Alexander started to walk towards the playground, and I stopped him.

"Alexander they're kids." I tried to calm him down.

"Right now, they are playing house next they will be playing doctor." Alexander was really bothered by this.

"Oh, no that was last week." John laughed and Alexander shot him a look.

"What!" Alexander went from being annoyed to pissed now.

"Alexander calm down he's joking." I laughed.

"Your son is a bad influence on my princess." Alexander folded his arms across his chest.

"Keep telling yourself that Kane but we both know who the boss is in that relationship." John laughed.

"What relationship, she's 9 he's 8." Alexander shot me a look, "There better not be any relationship."

"I'll remind you that you said that at their wedding." John laughed and Alexander just stopped talking with a pissed off expression on his face.

I tried to change the subject, "Where's Sarah?" I looked around, "I haven't seen her all day."

John and Alexander gave a look to each other before John turned to look at me. "She left me two weeks ago." John had a grim expression on his face, "She left me for a younger guy she met online."

"I'm so sorry John, what about the boys?" I looked at him, "Are you sharing custody?"

"I have full custody of the boys. She didn't want them because the guy she's with didn't want kids." John looked down, "She was cheating on me for a year and I didn't even see it."

"If you need anything, we are here for you." Alexander patted John on the back.

"Oh my God hell just froze over." I laughed.

"My little smart ass." Alexander said pulling me to his side.

"You do know that isn't a term of endearment." John said to Alexander.

"When I say it, it is." Alexander winked at me and I blushed.

"You two make me sick." John chuckled and walked away.

We named the charity the Angel Rose foundation and I spent most of my time there. I met so many women that used to be me and so many kids who were happy to have a new start in life and for the first time were able to be kids. One day a woman with her daughter the same age as Sienna walked in. The little girl was very shy, and the mother had bruises on her face and I'm sure she had them other places since it was July and she was wearing long sleeves and long pants.

"Hi, my name is Lilith." I extended my hand to shake hers.

"I'm Carmen and this is my daughter Katie." Carmen shook my hand, "We were hoping that you had an apartment available for us? We can even stay in a one bedroom."

"We have a two bedroom fully furnished." I told her, "If you would follow me to my office, I can help you." I told Carmen, "We also have a playground in the back and an arcade on the first floor for the kids."

Just then Ashton walked over to us, "Hey Ashton can you show Katie where the arcade room is."

"Okay Mom." Ashton walked over to Katie and said, "It's over here I'll show you."

"Are you sure?" Carmen said nervously.

"It's fine this is a safe place with a lot of security and Ashton is one of my oldest son's he's a twin." I reassure her

"Okay." Carmen said still looking back at where her daughter was going while she followed me into my office.

"Please have a seat." I said pointing to the chair.

Carmen sat down and we talked about the services we provide, and I started the process of setting her up with an apartment.

"I just need your last name for the paperwork." I said and Carmen looked hesitant. "This is strictly confidential and no one other then our lawyers will see the papers. I went through the same thing when I left an abusive husband. I even went back to my maiden name to get a job. I had a lot of help from different people including my current husband so that's why we set up this foundation to help other women like me."

"I'm afraid once I tell you my last name you won't help us." Carmen looked down.

"Why is that?" I asked her.

"Because my last name Sinclair. I'm married to Christian Sinclair." Carmen said shaking.

When she mentioned Christian's name it threw me back. I wasn't expecting to hear his name after 11 years but now I was faced with a decision to help her or not. I knew I had to help her because I knew how dangerous Christian is.

"Oh." I inhaled sharply, "Then I definitely have to help you." I smiled, "You and your beautiful daughter are going to be alright."

She exhaled a sigh of relief and smiled for the first time. "Thank you." She said with tears rolling down her face, "Thank you so much."

"No need to thank me, let me show you to your new home." I stood up and we walked to the apartment that will be the start of their new lives.

Once I showed her around, we picked up Katie from the arcade and I showed them to their apartment. Katie smiled a huge smile and ran into it. "Do I get a room with a bed?" Katie asked, "Of Course, every bedroom has a bed." I looked down at the little girl who is Sienna's age. "You are safe here."

She smiled and hugged me, and I smiled back at her.

Once they were settled in, I went back to my office to call Alexander.

"Hello my handsome husband." I tried to sound flirty.

"Hey Baby. How is everything going at Angel Rose?" Alexander asked me.

"It's good, we had more people sign up for the job placement." I said, "And most of the apartments are filled."

"That's great baby I'm so proud of you." Alexander said and it made me smile.

"I need to tell you something." I tried to sound optimistic, but he heard right through it.

"What's wrong?" Alexander asked a little worried.

"It's nothing, we just have new occupants of one of the apartments. It's a Mother and daughter and they just moved in today."

"That's great, so why do you sound hesitant?" Alexander asked knowing me too well.

"Their last name is Sinclair." I told him.

"Ok, and?" Alexander ask then it dawned on him, "Christian Sinclair is the man she left?"

"Yeah, she was married to him and they have a 10-year-old girl." I told him.

"No." He said sternly, "I don't like this one bit."

"She's afraid of him." I tried to calm Alexander.

"What if it's a trap? Did you ever consider that?" Alexander had panic in his voice, "I'll be right there."

"Alexander you don't need to come here, besides you have a lot of work." I kept my voice light.

"I'm already out of the building." Alexander told me, "I'll be there in 10 minutes."

"Alexander..." I started to protest.

"Do you love me?" Alexander asked such an odd question.

"I love you with every part of me." I told him.

"Then please don't fight me on this." He pleaded.

"Ok my love I'll see in 10 minutes." I said then we hung up.

Alexander walked into my office and gave me a kiss hello. "Let me see her paperwork."

"Always the business man." I laughed and grabbed her file but before I handed it to him, "You can't tell anybody what's in these files."

He went to grab the files, "I'm a professional and co-founder." He took the files from my hand and opened it.

"He must have found her right after your divorce." Alexander said looking at me, "What if he sent her here to find you?"

"She left him in the middle of the night when he started to beat up Katie." I looked at him, "I don't think she would jeopardize her daughter's life for him."

"I want to meet her." Alexander insisted.

"She's afraid of men." I gave him a look, "This is a safe haven for battered women I can't just go against her wishes."

"I don't care. You are my first priority over anyone in these two buildings." Alexander kissed me, "Either I meet her, or we contact a shelter for her and her daughter."

"You worry too much." I told him and got up from my chair.

"Only when it comes to you and the kids." Alexander kissed me then opened the door so I could walk out of my office.

We took the elevator up to Carmen's apartment and I quietly knocked on the door. "Carmen it's me Lilith and my husband Alexander."

Carmen hesitantly opened the door for us.

"I'm so sorry to bother you but can Alexander and I speak to you for a few minutes?" I asked her.

She looked nervous opening the door, "Yes."

"Thank you." Alexander said as we walked into the apartment.

"Mommy do we have to leave here?" Katie was clinging to her mother's side looking at Alexander.

I could see Alexander's heart breaking when he looked at her, "No you don't need to leave here, we just wanted to talk to your mommy for a bit." Alexander smiled at her, "You know we have a little girl your age, you two would probably hit it off."

"Are you Ashton's daddy?" Katie asked Alexander.

"Yes I am." Alexander answered.

"He's really nice, he taught me how to play video games today." Katie said shyly.

"Hey is a pretty terrific kid. He takes after his mom." Alexander said then winked at me.

"Sweetheart can you go into your room and give us a few minutes for grownup talk." Carmen asked Katie.

Katie had a panicked look on her face, "The grownup talk you and daddy used to do?"

"No." Carmen's eyes were watering.

"OK mommy." Katie said then walked into her room.

"I'm sorry for barging in on you, but when Lilith told me who you were, I needed to get a read on you." Alexander started to explain, "I'm very protective of my family and I need to know that they will be safe with you here."

"I understand. If this is too much for you then I will find another place for Katie and myself, we just didn't have anywhere to go." Carmen said wiping her eyes.

"You do not need to leave here." I insisted and Alexander gave me a look.

"Thank you." Carmen said softly.

"Has he ever mentioned my wife to you?" Alexander asked her.

"Yes." Carmen answered.

"What did he say?" Alexander asked.

"He said one day he was going to kill both of us. The one that got away and the one too stupid to leave." Carmen broke down. "I don't want to die, and I don't want to put your life at risk, but I didn't know where to turn and then Jackie our next-door neighbor told me about this place." Carmen sobbed, "I didn't tell him about it I swear, because if he finds this place, he finds me and I'm dead and probably Katie too."

"I told Jackie about this place and I know what you went through because I went through the same thing." I got up and hugged her, "You're safe now, you and Katie are safe."

We talked for a little while longer then went home.

We were getting ready for bed and I put on one of his old tee-shirts and walked over to him sitting on the bed. He started to rub the back of my legs as I stood there staring at him.

"I want to say something, but before you tell me no just hear me out." I said it slowly to him.

"What is it baby?" Alexander smiled up at me while I was playing with his hair.

"I want to try for another baby." I said and Alexander's eyes shot up at me.

"No." Was all he said.

"You said you would hear me out." I backed away as he stood up.

"I'll give you anything, you want a car, a new house, yacht, island..." Alexander was listing things off.

"I want a baby." I said to him and he looked up to the ceiling trying so hard to stand his ground. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist, "I promise I will listen to the doctor's. You can go to every single appointment with me and if anything goes wrong, I will listen to everyone's advice. Please, I'm begging you."

"I don't know about this?" Alexander was shaking his head.

"If you really don't want to make another baby with me then I understand." I looked down giving him a guilt trip. "I mean my body isn't what it used to be." I went in for the kill, "You're used to being with models and now you're with just an ordinary woman who has a not so great body anymore." I tried to look sad to finish my guilt trip.

"You are the most beautiful woman I've ever been with." Alexander touched my face, "With everything that happened last year, I'm afraid. I almost lost you and I never want to experience that again."

"I will be more careful this time, I promise." I assured him.

"We could adapt." Alexander suggested.

"I guess we could if you don't want another baby with me." I answered.

"You know that's not what I meant. I don't want you putting your life at risk again." Alexander's voice was getting sterner. "We will try one more time, but anything goes wrong we reconsider the pregnancy and talk about adoption deal."

"I can live with that." I said throwing my arms around him, "And when the kids are all older, I do want to be a foster parent."

"Of Course, you do. You're a saint." Alexander laughed. "When AC and Ashton go to college, we will start fostering kids."

We tried for the next few months to get pregnant and finally it happened. We ended up conceiving twins again. We were having twin girls and Sienna was so excited. Alexander hovered over me until I gave birth to Abigail Marie, October 29th 7 lbs 5 oz and Avery may October 29th    4 lbs 0 oz. Avery had to spend two weeks in the NICU because she was having a hard time digesting breast milk, but she pulled through and finally our family was complete. We had seven kids and as promised we were done.

I set up a play area for the twins in my office at the Angel Rose Foundation and the older kids spent their time helping out there too. Ashton and Joaquin really took to the charity work and they spent most of their free time there. Ashton, I think had a crush on Katie and did everything with her.

"Hey, Ashton Don't you have an art class today?" I asked Ashton as him and Katie walked into my office.

"Yeah it starts at 5 o'clock, I was just helping Katie with her history project." Ashton answered and Katie smiled up at him.

"He's amazing." Katie blushed when she realizes what she said.

"That he is." I said winking at Ashton.

"Mom." Ashton groaned, "Let's go play video games before I have to leave." He told Katie grabbing her hand and leading her out of my office.

"Oh, Katie before you leave, did you want to do babysitting this summer in the daycare room?" I shouted out the door and she walked back in.

"That would be great." Katie smiled shyly.

"I'll talk to your mom about it" I smiled, "Go have fun."

As the years flew by and the kids got older, they started doing more activities. AC was big into football now with his high school. He was the quarterback and captain of his team. Ashton turned into an amazing artist. He started helping his art teacher with different projects throughout the school. Sienna was fascinated with creating her own clothing style. I taught her to sew and she started to make her own clothes, then she started to make clothes for the kids in the Angel Rose buildings. Joaquin, even though he was young he helped me run the foundation. Logan I can tell he is a mini Alexander; he's all business and he talks about going to college for business. Our twin girls Abigail and Avery are now 4 and fit into this family like they were always meant to be here. I loaded up the kids in the SUV that Alexander brought for me after the twins were born and started to head out for AC's football game.

I was on the phone with Alexander, "Can you just sneak away from work for a little while and watch your son play football?"

"Baby you know I would if I didn't have this meeting." Alexander yawned, "And you know how much I hate meetings."

"I know you do, that's why I always took the meetings" I laughed.

"And of course, it's with that prick from the bank that replaced Harry. His personality is as exciting as watching paint drying on a wall." Alexander was starting to sound annoyed.

"Just remember the kids are only young for a little while before you miss out on everything." I tried to convince Alexander to come.

"Don't you think I know that? I would rather be in the stands cheering my son on instead of sitting in a room full of uptight bank assholes." Alexander said, "I'll make you a deal, I'll come home early and when you guys get home we will go out to dinner."

"Deal." I smiled into the phone.

"I love you baby, but I have to go they should be here any minute." Alexander said.

"I love you too." I said then hung up.

"Mom Katie should be here in a minute Brent just pulled up with her." Ashton said to me reading a text from his phone.

"Did Carmen come with Katie?" I asked Ashton then he texted Katie to find out.

"No, she had a few things to do at the apartment and she was teaching a job placement class today." Ashton answered me.

"Oh, I forgot about the class. She's such a big help with the foundation, I'm so glad she works for us and she's a great friend too." I looked at Ashton and ruffled his hair, "And she has a cute daughter." I laughed teasing him.

"Mom, we are just friends." Ashton insisted but I saw a smile on his face creep in.

"Well you're 15 you still have years ahead of you to make her more than just your friend." I winked at him, "I think she's going to make you a very good wife one day."

"Mom, can you not talk about this when she come into the car?" Ashton said looking out the window and seeing Katie get out of Brent's car and wave at us. He waved back at her and had a look in his eye.

Katie got into the SUV next to Sienna and hugged her, "Hey bestie."

"Hey bestie, ready to cheer on my big bro?" Sienna laughed.

"yep." Katie answered Sienna, "Hi Ashton." Katie gave him a shy smile and he smiled back.

"Hey, Katie." Ashton said then looked out the window but kept smiling.

Brent walked over to the driver side of the SUV where I was behind the wheel. "Do you want me to drive you guys?"

"No Brent we're good. If you could be back by 9 tonight to take Katie home that would be great." I told him.

"Are you sure you don't want me to tag along since you have all the kids with you?" Brent had a worried expression on his face, "You have been getting a lot of hang-up calls lately."

"I know, but I changed my number." I smiled at him, "We will be fine Brent."

I started to drive through the gates, and we waved at Mark as we drove passed.

We made it right before AC's team took the field. Ashton, Sienna, Joaquin and Katie sat with J.T and all their friends and the rest of the kids and I sat with John and Morgan.

"So, this is AC's first start as quarterback?" John asked eating a hot dog.

"Yep, it's a big honor for a sophomore to start as quarterback and be the team captain." I said to him opening juice boxes for Logan, Abigail, Avery and handed one to John to give to Morgan.

John took another bite of his hot dog and spoke, "Where's Alex?"

"He had a meeting he couldn't get out of with the bank." I told John.

"That sucks, you should record it for him." John told me.

I lifted up my phone to him, "already thought of that."

"Of, Course you did, you're super Lily." John laughed.

"Funny John." I pulled out my water bottle and took a sip.

"Watch this I'm going to mess with your husband." John laughed and picked up his phone to call Alexander.

"Hey buddy why aren't you here?" John yelled into the speaker part of the phone.

"I have a meeting today." Alexander answered, "Am I on speaker phone."

"You know your wife is still hot after all these years." John elbowed me to listen.

"Why do you think we have seven kids." Alexander said back.

"You do know I'm single right." John winked at me and held a laugh in.

"Listen, you stupid son of a bitch you might be single but my wife isn't..." Alexander was yelling at him.

John started to laugh hard and I tried not to laugh but I couldn't help it. "Give me your phone." I told John and he handed me his phone. "Baby John's just messing with you." I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm going to mess with the breaks of his car if he keeps it up." Alexander shouted. "You guys at the game?"

"Yeah it's almost start time." I told Alexander.

"I wish I could be there for his first time starting as quarterback." Alexander sounded sad.

"I know, but I'm going to record it then we will go out to dinner celebrate and watch it tonight when we get home." I told him.

"Sounds good baby." Alexander replied, "I have to go they are starting to walk into my office. Love you." Alexander said hanging up.

"Love you too." I said but it was too late because he had already hung up.

I handed John back his phone and he smiled at me, "You two are perfect it's sickening." John laughed and grabbed the phone from my hand. "Your going to be that old couple in their rocking chairs holding hands dying at the same time." John said sticking his phone back into his pocket.

"I hope so. I could never imagine a world without him." I smiled at the image in my head of Alexander and I in rocking chairs as an old couple.

"I'm sure he would say the same about you too." John laughed, "I've always envied him because he found the love of his life and turned into a better man for it."

"Aww John are you getting soft on Alexander?" I laughed.

"You tell that bastard I said any of that and I'll deny it." John laughed.

The game started the kids had a good time cheering for their big brother on the football field. When it was over, we waited for AC to shower and change so we could leave. Going home AC sat in the front seat and Ashton sat next to Katie. We pulled up to the gate and it wasn't closed all the way. I looked around the booth for Mark, but he was nowhere to be seen. I drove through the gate slowly looking around the property cautiously. I guess AC picked up on my anxiousness too.

"Mom where's Mark?" AC asked looking out his window.

"I don't know?" I said scanning the grounds with my eyes as I drove up to the house.

All of a sudden, I saw him out of the corner of my eye hiding in the bushes. He walked out of the bushes and into view of the car. It was Christian with a gun in his hand. Katie saw him too and started to panic.

"Why is my dad here?" Katie asked in a shocked voice because she hasn't seen him in years. "Oh my God my mom." She sounded panicked and took out her phone to call her mom. "My mom's not answering her cell phone."

"It's going to be okay Katie." I kept driving but drove to the side of the house with the metal door-built in. "Sienna take the girls out of their car seats now." I pulled the SUV up to the metal door, so it was blocking the view of the panic room on the side of the house from Christian. "Kids remember when we played that game in the panic room with daddy?" I asked them.

"Yes." They answered with quiet voices.

"I want you to play that game again, you are going to get out of the car as fast as you can and run into the room okay." I looked at AC, "Unlock the door with the app on your phone now." I said and he pressed the button to unlock the door.

"I'm not leaving you." AC insisted.

"Yes, you are, and you won't argue with me on this." I pulled him into a hug and whispered in his ear, "You need to protect your little brothers and sisters and stay in that room with them and do not open that door for anything unless it's the police or dad."

"What about you." AC had tears in his eyes.

"I'll be fine. I love you. When you get everyone into the room and lock the door call the police."

"Mom!" AC started to protest.

"Please do this for me." I told him.

"I will." AC kissed my cheek, "I love you mom." He opened the door and crouched down and got the kids out of the car.

I got out of the car and stood in front of AC's open-door facing Christian so that the kids had time to get out and into the panic room. The way I parked the car Christian couldn't see the door for the panic room.

"It took me over 15 years, but I finally found you." Christian laughed pointing the gun at me.

"Why are you doing this Christian?" I asked him.

"You ran from me, so I found a replacement you, then you helped her get away from me too."

Christian started walking towards me and I heard the click of the door lock and breathe a sigh of relief that the kids were safe now.

"I won't tell you where she is." I told Christian.

"I don't need you too, I've already found her." Christian smiled, "She's dead."

"Why?" I cried for my friend Carmen, "How can you be so evil?"

"I loved you and you turned your back on me." Christian kept pointing the gun at me, "I gave you everything and it was never enough for you, you wanted this." He pointed to the big house. "You stuck-up gold-digging bitch, I was never enough for you, was I?"

"You never loved me." I stood my ground, "You just wanted someone to control and hurt. I'm not your punching bag and I'm not afraid of you anymore."

"You should be." Christian said then fired the gun.

I didn't feel as it entered my body at first but when I looked down, I saw the blood coming out of my stomach and my knees buckled and I fell to the ground. I heard another gunshot and I saw Christians body hit the ground in front of me. I laid there looking up at the sky not being able to move. I realized I had my phone still in my hand and I pressed the first number on my call log. I heard Alexanders voice on the other end of the line. I lifted the phone to my ear trying to speak but having a hard time. "Alex." 

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

61 15 8
Aurora was a fairy tale princess to anyone who saw her. She was beautiful and...was kind. Till she listened to the rapid whispers of her step-sister ...
91.1K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...
Miss Me Bastards? T द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

424K 15.7K 42
THIS WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT AT WRITING, READ AT OWN RISK! THERE ARE MANY ERRORS, AS MAJORITY OF IT IS UNEDITED. IF YOU WISH TO READ A MORE PUNCTUALLY A...
499K 8.2K 52
Everly is a shy, quiet girl who only wishes to get through her last year of high school. She has no one except her best friend Bella who is a trouble...