Steps | Jung Jaehyun

By Silent-Leaf

Kim Haewon, a 21-year old university student that decided that she would only focus in her studies and her pa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
The meeting (Special Chapter)

Chapter 7

2.7K 69 2
By Silent-Leaf

Today is another busy day, we're currently at another music award show. I came in earlier as usual to talk to the staff about the performances. I have already asked Minji to rearrange both NCT 127 and Dream's songs a bit and also talked to the performance coach about it. We discussed the idea together and we thankfully agreed at the same conclusion.

This time, the boys are given time to practice their rearranged songs. So far everything is going well, I guess. 

Minji is beside me right now since I'm still afraid to go everywhere alone. I'm very grateful to her, she's not an early bird but she doesn't mind waking up early to accompany me.

"Haewon, is everything going well?" I turned around to see both NCT 127 and Dream. I nodded at Taeyong since it was him who asked the question. Ever since I got close to Jaehyun, all the NCT members are getting closer to me as well so they don't call me ssi anymore. But I still call the older members oppa except for Jaehyun, and all the younger members still call me noona as respect.

I mentally counted the amount of members here right now and noticed that we're missing one member. "Who's missing?" I asked.

They all pointed to the corner right of the room, I saw Haechan talking with a girl group member that I can't recognize from this distance. I nodded at them and lead them to the waiting room.

I wish it was a peaceful walk though, knowing NCT you know how noisy they are. With Doyoung and Taeyong screaming at their kids for being noisy, '00 liner bickering excluding Jaemin who is teasing Minji endlessly, Chenle laughing like a dolphin as usual, Mark whining because his Yuta and Jungwoo's target of skinship today.

Yeah, just a normal day with NCT. 

I'm so glad that WayV is not here right now or I'll literally lose my mind at how crazy they are. Imagine putting Ten in the crowd right now, he'll literally pick a fight with everyone along with Haechan. Or like putting Kun there, he'll be screaming at everyone along with Taeyong and Doyoung. Or like Lucas, he'll be either screaming fighting haeyadwae every single second or complaining that he's hungry along with Jungwoo. And imagine putting YangYang, Hendery and Xiaojun here, it's a legit bickering mess along with the '00 liner.

I can already imagine the headache.

I sighed and let them in the waiting room as I checked today's schedule once again, "Dream, you'll be having your practice run in 30 minute and 127 will be having the practice run 15 minutes after that."

They all nodded in response and continue doing their random mess. I sighed again, having a horrible feeling in my gut right now despite having everything prepared.

***

I'm currently watching NCT Dream dancing to Boom and Ridin' for their practice run. So far the lights and effects are doing great and okay. The moment the music stopped, I went to them to thank them for their hard work. 

"Great job guys." I smiled at them, before noticing something was off. I looked up and widened my eyes, "Watch out, Renjun!" I screamed at the boy furthest from me, running to push him from the stage lights that were falling down.

People started to run towards me, surrounding me and Renjun. Thankfully I saved him just in time and nothing happened. I looked up again, trying to remember what this part of stage light is for. 

I widened my eyes yet again, anger consumed me. "WHO WAS THE ONE TIED THE LIGHT THERE?!" Everyone flinched and stayed silent.

Out of all stage lights, it has to be the one that plays the most important part for NCT Dream's stage. Oh my god, how am I supposed to give their best performance to the fans at this point?! 

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down and find a solution for this. I tried standing up only to fall down again. Great, I twisted my ankle. 

"Songhwa, can you please help me stand up?" I asked 127's manager who was beside me, he pulled me up and put my arm around his shoulder to support my weight and walk.

The staff apologized to me and I decided to apologize back to them for getting angry before. But I made sure to let them know that that specific stage light was the one I requested for Dream's performance, a very important one.

I sighed, trying to think of a solution. All the NCT 127 and Dream members including Minji, is surrounding me.

"We called the medic, they'll be here soon." Johnny said to me. I nodded back at him, still trying to figure out a solution for this mess.

I tried to remember all their past performances, to see if there's an alternative or something we can use. 

Wait, there is. Oh my god, I can't believe I have forgotten that detail. "I'm so stupid, I can't believe I forgot that I actually have that same specific stage light at my dorms in case some places doesn't have those since I was planning to often use for your performances." 

I immediately stood up, planning to walk home to take it. Sadly, my ankle is not supporting my urgency, causing me to walk very slowly towards the door. And before I knew it, Taeil and Yuta were blocking the door while Taeyong and Jaehyun held my hands to prevent me from going.

"Yah, Haewon. I know how much you're serious about your work but are you seriously planning to walk home with that ankle?" Minji asked me, disbelieve in her voice. I nodded at her.

"No, you're not walking anywhere with that ankle." Taeyong said, earning a nod from everyone to show their agreement to Taeyong's statement.

"I can take her home with my car." Songhwa said behind all of us. I shook my head at him, "You're needed here to keep them in check, you know how the CEO would be mad if you leave them alone here."

"I'll take her home using the car then." Jaehyun offered. "We had NCT 127's practice run awhile ago already, and 127's performance isn't until much later. My stylist doesn't take a long time to do make up on me."

Songhwa and Taeyong looked at each other, sighing before nodding at us. "Yeah, I think that's the best solution since you're the only one who knows where you put and how to bring that stage light." Songhwa said while throwing the car keys to Jaehyun, who caught it with ease.

Jaehyun nodded at them, muttering a sorry to me and put my arm around his shoulder to support my weight. We walked to the car and he put me down gently on the car seat.

The journey back to my dorms was quite before Jaehyun decided to break the silence. "I was really scared you know, when I saw you push Renjun away." He muttered.

I blinked my eyes at him, feeling a bit happy that he cares about me despite us being best friends for not that long. "I'm sorry for worrying you.." I muttered back at him.

"There you go again, apologizing. You really shouldn't always apologize for things that are not of your control." He spoke to me, a tone of gentleness can be heard from his voice.

"But.. I really admire you, Haewon." I turned to look at him in surprise. "Despite your ankle, all you can think about is your responsibility."

I blushed, "I think that's what people would call stupid though."

He laughed at my comment, "That's true, although it is still something very admirable to me." He said, causing me to blush harder.

"Oh wait, we forgot to treat your ankle, shit." Jaehyun cursed. I looked down at my ankle and grimaced when I finally realize how bad it looks with the purple swelling. "Let's do that when we get to your dorms."

I nodded at him and noticed that we have finally arrived to my dorms. He got out of the car and opened my door and I thanked him. I was about to put my arm around his shoulders again before he stopped me.

I looked at him in confusion. "We're kind of in a hurry right now, I'm sorry but I must do this." I was about to question him before feeling my whole body leaving the car seat. Jung Jaehyun is carrying me, bridal style.

Bridal style?

OH MY GOD BRIDAL STYLE?! 

I immediately blushed and widened my eyes, protesting to him that I can walk just fine. He shook his head and keep his arm firm on my waist. When we got to the stairs, I had no choice but to circle my arms around his neck, afraid of falling down.

The moment we arrived in front of my dorm door, he put me down so that I can put in the password to dorm room. We went inside and I immediately dragged my leg to the place where I put the stage light that would save me from today's chaos.

I put all the parts together and put it into a soft bag so it won't get damaged when I bring it around. I dragged my leg again along with the stage light back to the living room, only to be greeted by a medical kit beside Jaehyun.

"Come here, Haewon." 

I sat at the sofa, pushing my ankle towards him for he to inspect. He frowned at the sight of my horrible swelling ankle. He stayed silent and took out the the things he needed to help my ankle feel better.

"Forget what I said about admiring you." He said harshly, causing me to feel like my heart dropped to the ground. "I don't want this to happen, ever again. I admire your passion but definitely not the pain that you're going through." 

I stared at him as he treated my ankle. "Promise me that you won't act rash like that again? I don't like seeing you in pain." 

I can definitely feel my heart back at its' place, or maybe higher. I smiled at him and nodded, showing him my pinky. 

He raised one of his eyebrows, "Pinky promise? You're such a child, Haewon." he chuckled but regardless his pinky went to mine to seal the promise. We both smiled widely at the sight of our connected pinkies.

"Well then, let's go back. Hug that stage light on your arms okay?" He said as he carried me bridal style again. I tighten my arms around the bag, afraid to fall. 

He seemed to notice my fear as he smiled reassuringly to me, "I won't let you fall, trust me." My arms immediately relaxed, causing me to finally realize how nice it was being carried around like this. I blushed slightly at the thought of how broad his shoulders was, and the fact that he had his arms around me. 

It's so warm here. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

670K 26.9K 55
≛ nct na jaemin bad boy fanfiction ❝ that's what will make it more exciting ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: may 6, 2020 published: june 17, 2020 ended: august 1...
9K 597 18
⭒ huang renjun ↳ "I've been living this day for weeks." ╰ Sometimes, all you have to do is face your fears. Park Jirae learns that the hard way...
44K 2.1K 34
They live a in world. Sounds normal right? Well, they live in a world where some people have eyes that will color change by emotion. Once they fall...
498K 16.2K 82
𝔾𝕒𝕟𝕘 𝔸𝕌 2/23 - follow up of 'Just like you' Choi Sebin, like any other 20-or-so year old working individual in Seoul, led a pretty standard lif...