Perfect Strangers

By NightTime_Storiexs

Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Alex has been living the same... More

1| Cafe de L'amour
2| Introductions
3| Tragedy
4| Jinxed
5| Strangers
6| Stalker
7| Rules
8| Little black dress
9| Lady
10| Friends
11| Gatsby
12| Revenge
13| Toxic
14| Big mouth
15| Pajamas
16| Trauma
17| Hero
18| Giddy
19| Gemini
20| Hope
21| Besos
22| Adore you
23| Eye candy
24| Bonding
25| Clown
26| Sneaky
27| Spotlight
28| Racing
29| Games
30| Tradition
31| Matchmaker
32| Sheets
33| Guilty
34| Special invite
35| Blurred
36| Accusations
37| Stay
38| Begging
39| Master plan
40| Little white lies
42| Trust
43| Surprises
44| Redo
45| Knots
46| Taking charge
47| Next level
48| Weak
49| Moments
50| Epilogue

41| Overdose

46.5K 1.9K 737
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 41: Overdose (Alex's POV)

It was Friday. It was Friday. The same Friday that Abby's throwing the party on. The same Friday we made our so-called master plan for. The same Friday I was going to prove to Carter that I'm not a cheater, nor am I a liar. 

"Ready?" Hannah sang, excitement taking over her senses. 

"I don't know why you're excited about this. I could die," I mumbled. 

"You can't die. I don't think," she mumbled the last bit to herself, "And I'm excited because you look great. Carter is going to be floored," she squealed before sitting down on the edge of my bed and pulling her heels on. 

"It's a plain black dress with black heels. I don't get it," I said while putting my heels on as well. 

"Black is just better, babe." She shrugged at me as we stood up. 

I was wearing exactly what I had just said. Black heels, black dress. Hannah made me put my hair up in a low bun, which I never do. She wanted me to do a french twist. Whatever the hell that is. Now that she did it to my hair after cursing me for having such long hair, she managed to put it together. 

"Is Connor coming to get us?" I asked as we descended the stairs. 

"Yup, he should be here any second." 

"I'll tell my dad until then." I went to his study and knocked on the door before poking my head in. "Hello," I said. 

"Hey," he said absentmindedly. 

"Dad, Hannah, and I are gonna head out now. I'll be home late, don't wait up. And if I don't come then-" 

"Then you're staying at Carter's, I know," he said, waving his hand dismissively. 

"No, I'm not," I said hesitantly. 

"What do you mean?" he asked. 

"I'll just stay at Abby's, it makes more sense," I shrugged. 

"Honey, is everything okay?" 

Before I could answer, Hannah called me. "Connor's here!" she yelled. 

"I gotta go, I'll see you tomorrow morning, bye," I waved before leaving. 

"Ladies," Connor and Zach nodded in sync. 

"Gentlemen," I sighed while sliding into the back with Hannah. We got there quickly and then hopped out. 

"Good luck," Zach sang before pushing the door open. Connor and Hannah led the way in, Zach and I followed. Abby was first to pop out and say her hellos, giving us all quick hugs, Zach's lasting longer. 

I noticed. 

"Now what?" I asked her while she stood between Zach and me. 

"Now we wait for him to get here. And then after midnight, you sit in the kitchen by yourself." 

"Keep yourself surrounded by people at all times, if possible Carter," Zach said. I looked at him. "If possible. Otherwise, one of us," he said. 

I nodded and then we all went into the backyard together where most people were this time. Everyone was out here playing beer pong and I was watching. Carter came in with some guys from the team and stood on one side of the table with Jamie. 

"Two ladies on the other team please," Jamie sang. Carter rolled his eyes while bouncing the ping pong ball on the table. 

"I'll do it," Abby shrugged while going up. "Girls? Anyone?" she asked while looking around. 

Do girls here not know how to play beer bong or something? 

"I can't believe you guys don't know how to play," she rolled her eyes. 

"I'll do it," I said. For the first time tonight, Carter looked at me. And when he did, just like Hannah said, he couldn't look away. 

"There we go," Abby grinned. 

Carter's eyes were locked with mine the entire time I walked over there, only shifting when he looked me up and down. "Toss for first shot?" Jamie asked. 

I snapped out of it and called it as he tossed. "Heads." He caught it flipped it onto the back of his hand. 

"Heads it is." Carter bounced the ball over and I caught it without breaking eye contact. He subtly rolled his eyes at me and I took my two shots, getting a different cup in both. 

"Drink up, boys," Abby sang. She took her shots and scored one cup which Carter drank before Jamie could even think about. Carter took his shots first and just like me, scored two cups. 

"Drink up, girls," he said mockingly. 

I grabbed a cup and gulped it down. 

I may be getting drugged tonight, but no drug is enough to handle Carter Reed like this, not even an overdose. 

◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

I grinned as I scored their last cup. "Yes!" Abby jumped, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. 

I didn't know beer pong was that serious. 

This was our second game, to be fair. I don't get drunk off beer, not really anyway, so I was still all good to go. "Good game," I stuck my hand out. Carter walked away but Jamie shook it respectfully. "At least some people around here are familiar with sportsmanship," I mumbled while rolling my eyes. I glanced at the time. It was almost midnight. 

I should get to the kitchen. 

I told Zach I was going in, cause he was the nearest to me and then I went inside and looked around. I need to make a drink. I'm no bartender like Carter, so I was only able to make vodka and coke for myself. I sat down and slowly sipped my drink. 

I hadn't seen Hudson all night, we didn't even know if he was here, and if he was, who's to say he's here to drug me again? We were counting on destiny and luck for that one. I sat there for about an hour and made my second drink while scrolling through my phone. As I sat back down, I saw Hudson coming in from the backyard, looking around the place.

I'm chickening out. Who voluntarily gets drugged to prove an ex wrong? I'd rather- no. I'd rather him know I didn't cheat. 

I sat there for a while, slowly sipping my drink but leaving enough for him to mix something with. "Alex!" Hannah called out on cue. 

I stood up with a sigh and walked over to the stairs. "Yeah?" 

"Have you seen Connor? I can't find him!" I looked up where he stood with an arm around her waist. 

Someone's been getting cozy. 

"Found him!" she exclaimed before they disappeared into the bedroom to do god knows what. 

I rolled my eyes and went back to my drink. There was no way for me to tell if he had mixed anything into it or not. It was Zach's job to bring Carter into the kitchen while I was gone so he could see Hudson doing it, but they were nowhere to be seen. I sat down and looked at the drink. 

I hope he saw it. 

If he didn't, I'm getting drugged for nothing. I picked it up and continued drinking it. It still tasted like vodka and coke. Once I was finished I pushed the glass back and sat there, scrolling through my phone. Abby came into the kitchen and looked at me but I simply shrugged at her subtly. Just in case Hudson was watching. I texted her a minute after that. 

Did he see it? 

She took a minute to reply. 

Zach took him, but I don't know if he was looking. 

There was a high chance I just got drugged for nothing and I would get stuck with Hudson taking me home while I'm unconscious. Again. But the others knew and were keeping an eye. If not Carter, someone else would jump in. 

Exactly two boring hours later, I stood up, hoping to feel the weakness in my legs and stumble like I did last time, but that didn't happen. 

Did he not drug it this time? 

To be fair, he would be stupid to do the same thing twice in a row, but I wouldn't put it past Hudson. I never thought I would say this, but I hoped I was drugged. I saw Carter jogging down the stairs and began making my way over. By the time I made it to the stairs, the dizziness had kicked in. 

Yes! 

I never imagined someone would be so happy to be drugged. I took the first step and stumbled, grabbing the railing and wall for support. I cleared my throat and blinked rapidly before continuing to move up. 

The guys all ran past me but Carter didn't. He stood at the top, watching me. I met his eyes and he turned back and left. 

No, no, no. Carter, come back. 

"Fucking hell," I mumbled under my breath. By the time I made it to the top, I was barely standing, my eyes felt heavier like last time and my vision began blurring. 

Once again, everything blurred. I stood and leaned against the wall, feeling myself falling over, but someone caught me. 

"I got you," he whispered. 

I tried guessing the voice, but it sounded distorted to me. It could have been Carter, it could have been Hudson. Whoever it was, picked me up and headed to the front door and out of it. 

Like last time, the last thing I remembered was being placed in a car.

And then everything went dark.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter forty-one

That's the hairstyle I'm talking about. Some people call it different things so I thought I'd put up a picture

I wonder who grabbed Alex this time...

Who do you think it is? Hudson or Carter?

next chapter: Trust

no hints at all, whatsoever. figure out who grabbed her and then we'll talk. ya'll enjoy the cliffhanger until then

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 64K 86
I'm running, my dress bunched up in my fists. But I'm not running for my life I'm running for his, and when I see him I stop. There is one bulky man...
71K 2.9K 27
I watch her when she walks in, orders the same drink - same size - and sits at the exact same table every single day. I don't think she notices me, s...
1K 65 48
Ages 14+ (lesbian concepts and some profanity) This is not your everyday love story, okay? It's not a chick flick either. The events and themes withi...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...