Love Aaj Kal

By miramehra

//a Jab We Met sequel/spin-off, can be read as a stand-alone but will be better supplemented by the former// ... More

c a s t
00| Kahaani
01| Rock On
02| Bewakoofiyan
03| Wake Up Sid
04| We Are Family
06| Jagga Jasoos
07| Happy Ending
08| Ladies Vs Rohan Nanda
09| Break Ke Baad
10| Always Kabhi Kabhi
11| Dil Dhadakne Do
12| Baar Baar Dekho
13| Oberoi And Sons
14| Luck By Chance
15| Dance Pe Chance
16| Chup Chup Ke
17| Partner
What's Up?//Character Prompts
18| Nautanki Saala
19| Hasee Toh Phasee
20| Mujhse Dosti Karoge
21| Cocktail
22| Tum Mile
23| Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
24| You, Me Aur Hum
25| Cake
26| The Sky Is Pink
27| Main Hoon Na
28| Dear Zindagi
Character Playlists
29| Dil Chahta Hai

05| I Hate Luv Stories

1.1K 109 29
By miramehra

Hey there! I'm back with another chapter! So now that we've reached the 5th one, I'm sure yall must have some favorites, favorite characters, favourite friendships, favourite ships? Let me know in the comments!

Also, who is one character you'd like to see more of?

Song of the Chapter: Dooriyan, Break Ke Baad🧚‍♀️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vaapis karein?"

Abir asked for the fifth time, after the song got over.

Euphoria's band rehearsals were going well, a bit too well, thanks to Abir's constant requests for do-overs.

"NO, thank you. Listen I know we're good, but that doesn't mean ki baar-baar ek hi cheez karte rahe. Student Of The Year was an amazing movie, but dekha na kya hua when Karan Johar tried making Student Of The Year 2? Kuch seekh."

Nirvaan ranted, tired of singing and strumming, as Lavanya and Ayaana chuckled and Abir rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure what Nirvaan means to say is, let's take a break?"

Ayaana said with an amused grin.

"Nirvaan knows what he means. And he means no more practice, please."

Nirvaan retorted, his nose up in the air, which Abir flicked, making Ayaana burst out in laughter.

"Tu Ayaana se kuch seekh. Normally bol deta na, ye Koffee With Karan kyun khelne lag gaya mere saath."

Abir taunted, as Nirvaan glared at him.

"You boys are impossible, acha anyway now that we've taken a break-"

Lavanya paused to give Nirvaan a teasing smirk, making Abir grin.

"-I'll go and say hi to Rohan. It's been so long since we've spoken!"

Lavanya continued excitedly, making Abir's grin fade and Nirvaan shake his head.

Ayaana just smiled and bid her goodbye, as Lavanya skipped happily to Rohan's class.

"So long toh aise bolke gayi jaise saalon se dekha na ho. Both of them were legit stuck together the entire morning assembly. Eugh, couples."

Nirvaan muttered, rolling his eyes.

"Do you know anything except how to be negative, Nirvaan?"

Ayaana asked him, with narrowed eyes.

"Haan aata hai na, guitar bajana aur tujhe irritate karna."

He replied with a smirk, making her grit her teeth. But before they could go on with their banter, Nirvaan furrowed his eyebrows to turn to look at Abir, who was abnormally quiet.

He nudged Ayaana to look at him too, and the two had a silent conversation, both of them going to sit on Abir's either side.

"Tera mute button kisne press kiya?"

Nirvaan asked Abir cheekily, nudging his shoulder so Abir leant over Ayaana's.

"Mere hi jokes mujhpe maarega?"

Abir asked with a deadpan, making Ayaana chuckle.

"Arey seriously Bir, you're acting weird aaj. Pehle over-rehearsing, and ab ekdum chup. Tell us what's up."

Ayaana asked sternly yet somehow softly, nudging her shoulder again so Abir now leant over Nirvaan's.

"Exactly, usually we have to bribe you with a chocolate milkshake to even get you to rehearse once, you fatty. Aur aaj five times?"

Nirvaan taunted, making Ayaana hit him on his head.

"Don't call him fatty, you ass."

She said with narrowed eyes, making both the boys chuckle.

"Nothing man...it's just....Rohan."

Abir said softly, keeping his head down as he stared at the floor.

Ayaana looked at him sadly while Nirvaan rolled his eyes.

"Dekh Abir, there's no need to get upset. I promise you yaar, hum tere liye Rohan se zyaada hot banda dhoondenge. Usko hata."

He said matter-of-factly, making Ayaana grit her teeth and give him a death glare, which melted when both the boys burst out into laughter, high-fiving each other.

"Saale, I'm serious. This Rohan is trouble. Mujhe isse good vibes nahi aati."

Abir said, once the laughter subsided, as both Ayaana and Nirvaan smiled at him.

"Are you sure it's just his vibes that you don't like, Bir? Or is it just the fact that he's dating Lav?"

Ayaana asked softly, as Nirvaan too looked at him for an answer.

"I know tum dono stupid nahi ho. You both know how I feel about Lav. But Ana I swear, this isn't jealousy. I just....know that Rohan doesn't deserve her. He's shady man."

Abir said with a conflicted expression, and Nirvaan nodded and patted his back.

He knew that if Abir was this sure, he knew what he was talking about.

It wasn't often that his best friend would talk seriously and soberly, but when he did, it was because he had something important to say.

"Has Rohan said something to you? Like, has he done anything particular, or is this just something you're feeling?"

Nirvaan asked him, not a trace of humor in his voice.

Ayaana looked at both the boys with admiration, they were usually the ones who never took anything seriously, always cracking jokes and insulting each other.

But when it came to the important stuff, they knew each other better than anyone else.

"Abhi toh it's just a feeling, but if you guys give me some time, I'll get proof."

Abir said with a determined expression.

"Hello, what do you mean give you time? Whatever we're doing, we're doing it together. Lav's my best friend and if the boy she likes isn't worthy of her, I want to know."

Ayaana said, raising her voice slightly, as Abir and Nirvaan chuckled at her.

"Chalo done. But let's not tell Lav till we're absolutely sure. I don't want her feelings to get hurt."

Nirvaan said sternly, as the other two nodded, agreeing with him.

"Whose feelings will get hurt?"

Uh-oh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ayaana, Abir and Nirvaan squeezed their eyes shut and turned around with the speed of a turtle, only to let out a huge sigh of relief when they saw Rhea, Neil and Sid, and no Lavanya.

"God Rhea, you scared the shit out of us. Ever heard of knocking?"

Nirvaan mumbled, catching his breath, sharing a look with Ayaana.

"Why would we knock? This is our room too."

Neil stated impassively, a hint of irritation in his voice as he tried to figure out why the trio in front of him was acting so suspicious.

"Haan lekin knocking is good manners."

Ayaana replied quickly, taking Sid by surprise, she'd never been so defensive.

"Okay agar ye moral science lecture hogaya ho toh bataoge what the deal is?"

Rhea asked, rolling her eyes, as Neil nodded, this time with a glare.

"What deal? There's no deal. Just some band business."

Abir said nonchalantly, not wanting to spread his secret even more, it was bad enough Nirvaan knew, if Sid found out he liked Lavanya too, he'd tease him till they had grandkids of their own.

"Damn. I told you na, Neil. We should've joined their band, kam se kam left out feel nahi hota."

Sid complained with a pout as Neil finally chuckled, finding some humor.

"You mean to say you wanted to join our band not because you think ki hum talented hain, but because you wanted...gossip?"

Ayaana asked Sid with an accusatory tone, as Nirvaan turned to give her an impressed grin, she sure knew how to change the topic.

"Ana come on, we know you're not mad about this. What's up, seedha batao."

Neil stated with no room for argument, and the trio knew this time they had to come clean.

"Abir thinks-uh-we think, that Rohan is up to something. Like, he's maybe not the greatest guy for Lav."

Nirvaan answered sternly, as Abir gave him an unconscious smile for not calling him out specifically and Ayaana grinned at the two.

"That's it?"

Sid asked with a dry expression and Ayaana and Abir looked at him with widened eyes.

"What do you mean by "that's it?" he's her boyfriend and he might be playing her. This is serious, Sid."

Ayaana said loudly, as Neil and Rhea looked impressed and Sid gulped.

"He meant that it's not new information. He's had suspicions on Rohan too."

Neil said, defending Sid, who nodded at him gratefully.

"What the hell? Agar pehle se pata tha toh kuch bola kyun nahi? Why didn't you tell us?"

Abir yelled, and Ayaana and Nirvaan looked at him with stern faces, as if telling him to calm down or he'll reveal his feelings

"Lavanya is not a child. She knows the difference between right and wrong, and I don't think we should interfere in her love life."

Rhea said, diplomatic as always.

While she loved all her friends a lot, Rhea had always shown it differently, maybe because she didn't have the same over-zealous family that the rest of them did.

Ahana and Sam tried their best, but their demanding careers did take a toll on her childhood, even if the gang's other parents tried their best to never let her feel left out, she just did.

It wasn't anyone's fault, but somewhere Rhea did harbour a slight resentment towards her parents everytime they didn't show up.

"It's not about her being smart, Rhea. Look, we all know how Lav is. She's in love with the idea of love. Maybe because all our parents have had these great huge love stories. And I think that this is blinding her to Rohan's faults."

Nirvaan replied sincerely, as Neil and Sid shared a look, now understanding what he meant, and Rhea nodded, still a bit unconvinced.

"Hum obviously Lav ko hurt nahi karna chahte. We can't just accuse her boyfriend of being shady just because we don't get good vibes from him."

Ayaana said softly, smiling at Abir at the last part, as Nirvaan chuckled.

"So you need proof. We need proof."

Neil said with a devilish smirk, as Sid and Nirvaan grinned.

"Now you know what we're talking about."

Abir said as he raised his hand for a high-five, while Sid raised his for a fist bump at the same time.

Rhea and Nirvaan chuckled as the two tried to do both at the same time, while Neil and Ayaana shook their heads at their immaturity.

"Great, now that, that's...done. What's the plan?"

Rhea asked, still chuckling at Sid and Abir.

"Wohi toh sochna hai. Agar Lav hoti toh easy hota, woh kisi cheesy Bollywood movie ka plan batadeti."

Abir replied with a sigh, as the others chuckled and nodded.

"Okay let's think about it like this, what does Rohan do all day? Who does he hang out with? What are his interests? I mean we know next to nothing about him, just that he's a popular guy, on the football team, and he's annoying."

Ayaana said, making a face.

"Wow, this is the first time I'm seeing you actually not like someone. I'm so proud."

Sid said, wiping off his fake tears as Abir and Nirvaan grinned while Neil chuckled and nodded.

"He hangs out with the guys on the football team, obviously. I've seen him at that café, um, Hard Rock? Yeah, he's there after school a lot. Oh, and he also has a thing for bikes. Like he has at least 7 different ones."

Rhea stated nonchalantly, as the others stared at her open-mouthed.

"What?"

She asked them with her eyebrows raised, at which everyone shook their heads and gulped.

"Are you sure you're secretly not a secret agent? Like Tom Cruise types?"

Abir asked with narrowed eyes, as Neil rolled his.

"Kanjar, secret agent hoti toh humein thodi batati. That's what the 'secret' stands for. Rhea, agar tu secret agent hai toh bas aankh maar, hum samajh jaayenge. Do it, do it."

Sid said excitedly, winking his eyes as Rhea looked at him like he had lost his mind.

"He hangs out with the football team, but he doesn't like them. He's intimidated by them, khud ki height choti hai na. I'd say he must have a loyal sidekick, someone who's either not good-looking, or someone who's not smart enough. Basically to serve his ego."

Neil said, interrupting Abir and Sid's pointless banter, as this time everyone looked impressed at him.

"Looks like the secret agent genes run in the Shergill family."

Nirvaan commented as he smirked at Neil and Rhea, who chuckled and winked, while Ayaana giggled.

"Why just the Shergill family, I think we all need some of that gene now. I know what we've to do."

She said with twinkling eyes and a grin, as everyone looked surprised.

"Hm, evil Ayaana. This'll be fun."

Abir said with a grin, as Neil chuckled and nodded, while Nirvaan cheekily smiled at her with approval.

Just as they were about to get into a group huddle and plan their entire stakeout, the school bell rang loudly, making them all groan.

"Damn it, for a minute I forgot we were in school. Humein padhna bhi hai."

Sid complained, as the others nodded im agreement.

Mission Rohan Ki Bajaao, as Sid would say, had officially kickstarted, but had to wait until the afternoon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~❤️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woohoo, another chapter down! Hope you're liking the story so far!

Things are going to get a whole lot more interesting😉

And no, Varun Dhawan is NOT Rohan Nanda, even though I took his name from SOTY;)

Anyway, until next time, keep voting, commenting and sharing the love! 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 7.8K 70
Read part 1, 2, and 3 before this one!
7.4K 489 21
Book two of the Star Lost Series !! Started- December 15 2023 Ended- February 14, 2024 "No matter what life, We'll always be together." The younger...
Kagaz By B.

Romance

326K 20.8K 25
Part 3 in the Rajvanshi Series. A tale of love, of deception. Will politics and inheritance corrupt her life? Or will he protect her from the power...
Siyahi By B.

Romance

452K 28.2K 26
Part 2 of the Rajvanshi series. To write a tale of emotions. Of hate, of pain, of joy, of love. What happens when faith plays it game to bring two...