Memoria. | Kozume Kenma

By mddyls

☘︎ π•Έπ–Šπ–’π–”π–—π–Žπ–†; "The years we spent together was full of laughter, hugs, kisses and love. The sound o... More

P R O L O G U E
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
E P I L O G U E
kazuhiko narumi
Author's Note
H B D

15

2.6K 100 207
By mddyls

"What do I say?!" I ask my friends, looking at them one by one as I click the power button of my phone repeatedly.

The three of them gave me a look, "Are you seriously asking yourself your answer?" I let out a cough, feeling something scratch my throat. I need water. "Of course your answer's yes!" Maki's smile grew wider as she spoke, eyes glistened with the light. Ena and Honami nodded in agreement.

"We should pick our own dresses too! Let's hurry and look for the other things that we need." Honami cheers, giving me a smile before dragging the others away.

I'm just seated here, looking at his message as I thought if the best way of answering him. The girls are still looking for their dresses so I have time to think. Maybe, "Sure," nope not that, "Okay," sounds like I'm uninterested, "Gladly," definitely not! Ugh what should I reply? I give up.

ME: Okay :)

The workers called me to get changed so they can get the dress ready for me. I went to the fitting room and they helped me undress, I can't reach the ribbons on my back. The dress is pretty complicated, I would really need my friends' help. I head outside and saw them in their gowns, they all look beautiful.

We got our gowns and we all headed to find heels, I really wish I could just wear flats. My gown would definitely cover my feet, so why should I even bother?

I told Maki that I didn't want to wear heels and I also told her the reason why, I got scolded. She made me sit on the bench while the three of them searched for heels. I couldn't just sit on the bench so I roamed around the store. I saw a Maroon one, it's a peep-toe stiletto, it's really cute.

I asked for a size 8 to try it out, looking around while they got it for me. I have a body bag with me and all their gowns too, they're in boxes but damn, they're heavy. I'm tired with just holding everything for everyone. I saw another pair, it's an ankle strap this time, it's floral! I suddenly want this instead, I also asked for them in my size.

I don't really wear heels so I suck at walking in them? But not to the point where I wouldn't be able to walk? The heel isn't that high, it's better that way. I may be shorter than Kenma but if I have heels on, nah I'd still be shorter.

I sat on the bench to try them out, feeling so happy with how the stilettos felt, but the floral look of the ankle strap makes me want it. I tried walking in them, and I'm not losing my balance! I'm practicing in these when I get home. I wore the floral heels, smiling at how pretty they were. I feel like my girly mode is activated.

"Oh my— (Y/n)! Those are pretty!" I turn to my friends and they were all surprised. I look at my feet and smile, I think I'll get these. "Your inner fashionista has been brought out." I furrow my brows at her, hearing the three of them chuckle.

I look at my feet in the mirror, they look good! I'll get these! "I think I'm done picking mine, how about you guys?" They showed theirs and wow, Honami has three pairs in her hands. We're all becoming girls (not that we aren't, we just don't dress up) just for this prom.

I changed back into my sneakers, feeling so relaxed after taking the heels off. I decided to get the floral pair, I think they fit me more than the stilettos. We all paid for our heels, making me look at Ena. I'm actually wondering if Ena's got enough money for her things, she's only working part-time.. but she said she's fine, so I guess I should just believe her.

This is where the fun actually begins— or maybe not? My friends dragged me to MAC, Sephora, and all these makeup stores. I recommend that, since this is only a one-time event, we all should just get one palette that has all the colors but, Maki protested and so did the other two. I was trying to help them save money but, okay.

They told me to get these things: primer, a moisturizer, foundation, concealer, setting spray, a face mask; translucent powder, they said for baking, I have no idea what that it; a palette, makeup brushes, fake eyelashes and glue, an eyelash curler, lipstick, and eyeliner. I think that's it. Oh, highlighter and contour palette too, and a blush. Dang we need this much?

Maki helped me with picking them out, she's got everything for me. She told me to trust her with what she'll be picking out so, I just kept quiet though I wanted to complain and protest over so many things. I told her to hold the basket while I got myself hair ties, I keep losing mine.

I found packs of red and black hair ties, seeing them reminded me of someone. Up until some time before, Kenma started tying his hair when he usually doesn't. I got two packs of it, heading back to Maki to put them in the basket.

"I got everything! You can pay ahead of me, I'll get the ones I need now." I give her a nod, looking around the store to look for the other two, they're also still looking for theirs. Maki is unbelievable when it comes to these things.

After paying, I sat on the bench and waited for all of them to get done with theirs. I'm starting to feel very tired. We all ditched club and council activities, we left Takeuchi-san. Honami and Ena also left the boys with their practice. I feel bad for the boys, but us girls will be girls.

I grew impatient while waiting for them so I decided to roam around the mall, I found McDonald's and decided to eat. I struggled with bringing the tray myself so a staff helped me out. I start eating, thinking of what could happen this Friday, especially with me and Kenma. Why'd he ask me out? There're other girls he could've asked out.

My phone started ringing, it's probably Honami. "Where are you? We just went off for a bit and now you're gone?!" And it's her. "You're safe right? You're not running away again?" Seriously?

"I'm at McDonald's, I won't run away jeez." She immediately hung up. I continue eating my food, and after five minutes or so, I found my friends running to me. I innocently smiled at them and they all furrowed their brows.

The three of them sat with me and I earned flicks on my forehead. "You scared the hell out of us!" Ena growled at me, stopping when I gave her a french fry. "Yummy.." I gave her the rest and she completely forgot about the fact that she was supposed to be scolding me. I got out of that.

"We saw familiar faces, the boys are here too." Honami explains, smiling while she spoke, Yamamoto is surely here. I nod and she immediately panicked. "W-What? I-I.." We all chuckled, her face turning red every second. "Y-(Y/n) was asked out by Kenma." I point at myself and she nods, I let out a chuckle and ate ice cream. "He's here too." I started coughing so I had to drink.

"You guys are easy targets." I glare at Maki and she just smiled, giving us both a eace sign. "L-Lev was here too."

"You're such an easy target." Honami and I tease. Maki innocently stood from her seat and headed to order food.

They talked about their love lives, finally finding out who Ena's love interest is. Honami's stories are the usual, I see her with him everyday and I know what they do. But who knows what they've been doing behind our backs. Maki and Lev communicate through text, and she said that they hang out whenever they can. Ena... is living with hers and that's the place she said she was staying at.

I suddenly became the target so I had to escape before I say anything and look like a complete idiot while I think of what's happened to us. Thankfully, I didn't have to make my own way out. Honami told Maki how I jumped to Kenma when Kazuhiko sent me more, instead of worrying about me... they teased me for it. I had no one else, so of course, first choice's the final choice.

We all headed out, stopping at a store for them to find their accessories. I sat on a bench outside, I don't really need anything at this point. I already got the pair of earrings, so I'm basically done. I'm just watching makeup tutorials, even if I have Maki to help, I gotta learn how to do it myself. I hope I can do it myself.

I also looked at hairstyles that I could do for prom, they all look so complicated but when the girl in the video did it, it seems so easy. I need to learn more about things like this, girls are expected to know how, right? I should be reaching their expectations.

I groan, feeling someone flick my forehead. I've had enough of that. I look up, jumping on my seat when I saw the person. "I'm not a ghost, why are you reacting like that?" Kenma says, brushing my hair with his fingers. "Why are you here all by yourself?" I point to the store and he looks at it, I saw the other guys too.

I immediately back away, almost falling off the bench but he had wrapped an arm around my waist before I even fell. He's my date! This is making things awkward. "T-Thanks." He took the papers bags from me, pulling me up to stand. "I-I can do it myself." He shook his head and brought them away from me.

The other girls went out, and they're all with their partners. "I think we all could go home now." Kuroo-san says and we all nod in agreement. "You're walking her home?" I look at Kenma, seeing his cheeks turn red, why is he embarrassed? He does this all the time??

We all went on our separate ways, they went to the train station and we rode the bus to the bus stop around my place. I felt tired so I fell asleep on his shoulder again. I'm still shy about having to be his date, but my sleepiness got the best of me so I didn't care anymore. I guess shopping isn't really my thing.

He woke me up, and now we're walking home-- he's walking me home. He's got all the paper bags and usually I'd argue with him about it, but I don't have the energy to. I take my phone out when it vibrated in my pocket, I saw the notification and it's an unknown number. I open the message and without glancing at the contents, I held my phone up in front of him. He took my phone from me and put it inside my bag.

I'm so tired that I don't even know how to walk properly anymore, I keep tripping on nothing. He held my hand and I just let him, I can't protest, I can only think of laying on my bed. I was supposed to keep walking forward when he pulled me back, I look at the house in front of me, I'm already home. He pulled me inside-- he's not going to leave me?

My parents were eating dinner, I gave them a kiss on their cheeks, going ahead upstairs while Kenma followed me. It's already 9 PM, he should head home already. He placed the bags under my desk, turning to me with him hands in his pockets. "You should head home, I'll be taking a shower. Thanks for helping me." I head downstairs with a change of clothes already. I'm sleeping right away once I'm done.

I looked at myself in the mirror, seeing bags under my eyes, I haven't slept properly yet. I took a quick shower, drying my hair with a towel as I head back to my room. I close the door with my foot, looking up to see Kenma sitting at the foot of my bed, playing games on his PSP.

"Why are you still here?" He looks up, hiding his PSP in his pocket. He gestured me to come to him, so I slowly made my way up to him. He took the towel from my hand and dried my hair for me. "I can do it on my own."

"You're not doing it right." Excuse me? Did a guy seriously just correct me? But.. I can't argue with him on that, it's like he's massaging my head. I might fall asleep on him, it feels so good. "All done." I turn to him and frown, I want more. "Lay down and rest, I'll head home."

I crawl up to my pillows and lay my head on them. I didn't pull the blanket over me since it was kinda hot, I don't want to sweat in my sleep. I hug a pillow, feeling him kiss the side of my head and tie my hair. My hair's still damp, he should've just left it the way it is.

I fell asleep minutes after he left. I never knew that shopping for things like dresses, accessories and all the makeup whatnot, is very tiring. I'm not the girl who'd be running to multiple stores just for things like that, I will never go shopping again.

There're only two days left and everyone's starting to get busier every minute. I've seen students running in the hallway to pass their papers on time, searching for the teachers everywhere. Us, those who are in the council, are just making sure we got the papers finished before Friday. I have finished my part so, I watch the boys train.

I'm pumped! After prom, Inter High's our next agenda! I'm going to be busy helping the boys train by next week. I'll be seeing other schools and finally be at an official match! I wonder if our opponents are taller than our players, stronger and livelier perhaps? I was thinking of Karasuno, realizing that they're in a different prefecture.

After Inter High, it's summer! Then we'll be having a summer camp at ... Shinzen High? I hope I'll finally decide to stay with the team, I want to go there! I want to meet other people too, it's a part of trying to stretch my comfort zone, meeting new people always helps. I really hope we can go to Nationals, I feel like I'm more excited than anyone else in the team.

I'm in class, just casually watching makeup tutorials on my phone. I want to learn how to do my own makeup, I've been trying to memorize what they said I should do. Primer.. Moisturizer.. then base makeup?? I don't even know anymore. I try swatting Kenma's hand away from my head, he's been ruffling my hair since this morning.

"I'm watching, stop ruining my hair." I quickly glance at him, turning to watch the video. He suddenly directed my body to turn my back against him, and he started brushing my hair with his fingers. I was expecting him to tie it when I felt weird, I reached for my hair and, he's braiding it-- he knows how to?! "How do you know how to braid?"

"I have long hair." I nod slowly and he makes me stop. "Stop watching those. Your date says no to makeup." I turn to him and pout my lips, giving him the but-I-want-to look. "Then your date says yes." I smile and turn around for him to finish the braid.

He tapped my shoulder and I sit properly, I looked at the braid and it's cute! "Why'd you choose me as your date? There're other prettier girls for you to choose from." He furrowed his brows and tickled my nose with the ends of my hair.

"I have a reason why." A reason?

"To embarrass me?" I hissed when he suddenly flicked my forehead. "That was a joke, jeez."

"Don't make jokes like that. And prettier girls?" He lets out a chuckle, taking his PSP out for him to play. I turn to my phone and resumed the video. The girl's using concealer first before her foundation, it looks slightly better than using foundation before concealer. I'll do this instead! "You're beautiful yourself." My heart started racing and I froze, he-- I-- what?

Did he mean what he said? That I'm beautiful? Or did he just say that to cheer me up? Or is he just acting like Kuroo-sam, smooth talk, that's all.. right? But if he did mean that then he's crazy! Why am I even beautiful to him? I'm not beautiful, I have so many flaws! Inside and out, I have countless scars. Why would he even???

I've been so absent minded the whole day because of that, I'd trip and hit vending machines and pillars. Maki and Honami would only laugh at me. I told them the reason why, and then they started teasing and laughing at me more than before. Maybe, I should just.. not tell them things that they'd tease me for.

I bumped into Kazuhiko this lunch and I immediately latch on to Maki and Honami's arms when she glared at me. I don't like the vibe she's giving me. The thought of her doing everything she can just to scare the hell out of me, it creeps me out. She doesn't need to send me images of cuts, just the thought of her scares me. I should stay away from her.

It's time for club activities, I stopped by the council room to check on Maki and Takeuchi-san. There wasn't really anything that I needed to do but I decided to help them with calling the sponsors for the event. I don't know how Maki got people to sponsor us, but all I can say is that, she's amazing. She's really the type of person who'd be under the spotlight.

I got my job done so I stepped out to go to the gym, I suddenly heard yelling and screaming. The scream's ringing in my ears. It's giving me weird feelings and it's making my chest tight, who's screaming? I stop walking to calm down, leaning on the wall to keep myself up. Their scream's disturbing, I hate it.

Seeing a figure in front of me, I look up and found Kenma. I turn to my right and found a growling Kazuhiko, I kept looking at her for some reason, but he buried my face in his chest and covered my ears. I wrap my arms around his waist, letting out a deep sigh as I started to calm down. Why am I affected by her screams?

Kenma suddenly wrapped his around me, it's like he was trying to protect me from her. He let go of me until, I assume, Kazuhiko's finally gone. I look at him and his eyes are somewhere else, I tried looking there but he covered my eyes. I take his hands off my eyes and he's just staring at me.

We went on our way to the gym, there's an hour left before we'd be going home. "What happened to her?" He shook his head, he doesn't want to tell me. "I won't blame myself, so just.. tell me."

He looked at me, eyeing me like he was analyzing whether I'd be fine or not. "I reported her. She started sending threats to me too. She's going to be suspended for two months, and she was given demerits. She dropped from top 4 to top 26." That's harsh. I don't think I'd be sane if I lost that much of my grades.

"I feel sorry.." He raised his brow and I let out a sigh. "I couldn't really argue with you on saying that you did it for me, if she also gave you threats. But, I don't think I would've ever done anything." I give him a smile, going ahead inside the gym.

I walked up to Honami, and she immediately pulled me into a hug. The boys seem to be doing fine, I might've worried to much. I turn to the quiet voice, "I did.. do it for you.." I saw him smile, walking away to pick up a ball.

I had to dodge a ball when a silver-haired kid that is about two meters tall have been not hitting the ball properly. He's missing a lot. I look at the kid and saw green eyes-- oh Russian boy!! He's Lev Haiba! He's finally joining the regulars? His height.. is very much needed. I feel so tiny with having him around me, he's so tall and I'm like a dwarf to him.

I watched Kenma train Lev and try to coordinate with him for the spike attacks but, Lev somehow always misses theball and it's land on his face or head instead. Kenma looks so done with Lev, I can hear him groaning and sighing from here. I actually laughed and he glared at me, but I ignored him and continued laughing. They're going to be the next duo once Kuroo-san graduates.

"Kenma-san! I'll really get it this time! I can feel it." Lev tells Kenma, eyes sparkling with determination while the setter was already exhausted with trying to keep up with him.

"You've said that for 10 times already. You've messed up every single shot." Kenma complains, picking up another ball for him to toss to Lev. Yaku-san also helped them out so, Kenma spiked the ball to him and went it got back, he tossed it high enough for Lev to hit. Lev surprisingly hit it straight down to the floor and it bounced to my direction, making me crawl away. I slipped and hit my chin.

I held my chin, laughing to myself as tears formed in my eyes. That hurt. I laid on my stomach, still trying to hold the pain in. I felt people huddle around me so I sit up, rubbing my chin, I stick my tongue out and wipe it with my hanky. My hanky turned red, I'm bleeding.

"Why were you crawling? You have feet." Honami scolded me, smacking my head and I whined when I felt my gum sting. Kenma went to me and made me show him my teeth, he looked at my mouth, letting out a sigh. "I'll have her gargle water in the restroom, let's just hope she didn't lose a tooth." I glared at her and she just laughed as she pulled me up.

I never expected to slip, it was just my instincts telling me to crawl away from the bouncing ball. I've dodged a lot already but having a ball come at me after it hit the floor with that much force, that's a big no no to me. I don't like bouncing balls that were from a spike attack. I should really be careful.

Honami had me gargle water three times, completely unnecessary, and now my jaw's tired. Thankfully, and to her dismay, I didn't lose a tooth. She was seriously praying with her hands clasped! She kept saying, "please lose a tooth," for about 20 times! I can't believe my best friend, she's seriously scaring me.

"Don't crawl and be careful," are the first words I heard the moment we got back to the gym. Kenma was waiting for us by the door. He sounded like he was worried but he glared at me, it's not my fault that the floor was slippery, but it was my fault that I slipped... anyway.

Lev had been hitting more and I've been dodging more balls, Kenma would look at me so that I wouldn't crawl again. Just who is he to make me not do something?? It's not like he has rights over me, right? He's being bossy! But he's being a caring friend, I understand, somehow.

Maki came here and Lev immediately got distracted, earning a kick from Yaku-san. He was supposed to be practicing his receives with him but Lev's currently talking to Maki. I had to calm Yaku-san down, he looks so mad. Kenma's at the other end of the court, resting all by himself. I'm just gonna stay here.

We all headed home and Kenma stayed a bit with me at home and he was just playing his video games, I don't get why he even bothered to stay when he wasn't even going to talk to me. I would play with his hair, he didn't really protest so I braided it. I heard him groan, making me pause and look at him.

"Your pulling my hair too much." He turned around and his face was right in front of mine. "D-Don't pull it too much. It hurts." I nod slowly, backing away a little, and I ended up pulling his hair more. "(Y/n)." I frown as I let go of his hair, letting the braid loosen, I wasn't even done yet. "You can braid my hair, but don't pull. It hurts." He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.

I braided his hair again, smiling when I visualized him as a little kid with his hair braided like this. He's pretty as a teenager, he's cute as a child. I checked the time, it's 8:30 PM, I smack his head and he hissed as he turned around to look at me. I point to the clock and he shook his head, I nod mine. "You are going home now."

"Then I'll take these off, they're embarrassing." I frown and shake my head, not my beautiful masterpiece! He's seriously cute with them, he should never ever take them off. "Do you want people to laugh at me?" I tilt my head to the side, blinking as I looked at him straight in the eye.

"You're cute though, why would they laugh?" He started coughing, he even dropped his most priced possession. It didn't break so it's fine. "Don't take them off, or else I won't be your date." He collected himself and gave in, he's keeping the braids! "Let me take a picture of you first." He shook his head and tried walking to the door, I hug his arm and make him stay.

He got his things and left. I just keep smiling to myself every time I looked at his picture, he looks like a girl! He's so cute! I'm going to put this in my journal once I have time to do my journal again. My last entry was about the practice match with Karasuno. It's been days since then and I haven't written anything yet, I should really get back to writing.

I take a seat at my desk, getting all the makeup out of my drawers. I look at my reflection on the mirror, running downstairs quickly to wash my face before I started trying my makeup out. I gently dry my face with the towel, taking out the primer and squeezing a bit on my palm, rubbing it in my palms before applying it on my face. I also applied moisturizer and waited for them to dry on my face. My face feels nice.

I put concealer under my eyes and covered all visible blemishes with it, I don't have much so I'm relieved. I used the beauty blender and copied the way the girl in the video did it, I put on foundation then used translucent on places where I'm usually oily-- I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I did the rest of the steps, doing eyeshadow the way I wanted. I also used eyeliner and wow I look different. I messaged Maki and she called, the whole time we spoke, she yelled to the phone.

Classes the next day passed by so quickly, and now we're at the hotel. Dad drove the four of us here. Maki and I share a room, and the other two shared a different one. The three of them are currently at the pool area and I stayed in the room, I don't really like swimming. I know how but it's just tiring. Kenma suddenly called so I answered it.

"Hey.. Why'd you call? Did Kazuhiko send you threats again?" I ask, yawning in between my words. I'm sleepy. His timing is so off.

"Put me on speakerphone. I'll talk instead, you can fall asleep if you can't stay awake." I hum in response, yawning once again. I stayed up late last night. Kenma just told me about his video games, honestly don't know why but I would just hum. My eyelids grew heavy at every word he spoke, his story wasn't really interesting, so I got sleepier every second. My eyes shut close and my mind's slowly taking a rest too. "Goodnight, I'll see you tomorrow, sleepyhead."

The next morning, I woke up pretty early. I slept pretty early too, it was only 7 PM when I fell asleep while Kenma told me things about his games. I brought my journal with me so I journaled the whole morning, waiting for the other girls to wake up. The prom starts at 5 PM, they woke up at 1 PM, they stayed up until 2 AM. They look so tired.

Maki helped me with my dress and I'm finally wearing it. I can't help but smile, I look like a princess in this. I can feel like one, just for one night. I did my makeup instead of having Maki do it, she styled my hair instead. She helped me with the fake lashes, I only picked out the most natural looking ones I saw, I don't want to look too different. I wore my jewelry, earning squeals from my friends when they saw me.

It's 4:50 PM, I haven't seen my date yet-- him yet. The others are here though, I got quite a lot of compliments for my gown, "You're so pretty!" I hope that is true.

"(Y/n)." I turn around and finally saw Kenma, he looks handsome in a tux. "You look.." Ugly? Too much? "Beautiful." He took my hand and we went inside when Takeuchi-san let us in already. I completely forgot about showing up to him.

Kenma held my hand the whole time, he'd even tell me complete nonsense but for some reason, he made me laugh. Never knew Kenma was like this to people he was comfortable with, joking around and laughing along. This isn't really new to me but, I still don't know why his mood changes the minute he speaks to someone else. We even danced for a bit, but I grew tired because of my heels so we went to our table.

"Wait for me, I'll be back. Rest first." He kissed my forehead and turned around, I grab his hand and pout, I don't want him to leave. "I'll be quick."

The venue's really well done, Takeuchi-san did a great job, now I know why he's president. The event was going pretty smooth, I really enjoy the music. My friends are with their dates, dancing along to the music. Since Kenma told me he'd be going somewhere for a bit so now, I'm just waiting for him to get back to me when random students went up to me.

"(Y/n)-san, do you not have a date?" I shake my head, trying to get away from this as much as possible. "I don't see one though. How about we dance?" I shake my head again, giving him an apologetic smile. I'm drinking Coke and one of them wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Don't reject the offer (Y/n)-san. You won't regret spending the night with him." He says, his hand on my thigh. I can't have this. Where's Kenma when I need him??

"(Y/n)-san, how about this later?" He gestures a circle, inserting a finger and pulling out for a few times. Hell no. Kenma?? Where are you?

I got so distracted by the guys, they all asked me my number, telling me to dance with them. I have a freaking date, I already told them countless times but they wouldn't leave me on my own. Thankfully Takeuchi-san helped me get rid of them, they all left me and now.. where is Kenma? It's been probably 20 minutes since he left me, where'd he go?

I searched for him, anxious as I didn't find him inside the venue. Everyone else was dancing with their partners, kissing and laughing with each other at the dance floor. But I didn't see a sight of him no matter where I looked, may it be left or right, he's nowhere to be found..

I walk to the balcony, hoping to see him there, and to my luck, he was. He was facing the opposite direction, hands shoved in his pockets, and his hair was flowing with the wind. He's stargazing.

I slowly make my way up to him, heart beating fast from the nervousness that I was feeling. He asked me out, asking me if I could be his date and yet, he's out here; standing by the railings as he admired the sight in front of him. I want to know why.. I want to be clear of everything. Even if we would only end up as friends.

"Kenma." I call out, my voice was not too loud nor was it too quiet, it was just enough to catch his attention. He slowly turned on his heel to look at me, his eyes glistening with the light. "What are you doing here all by yourself? I was waiting for you."

"Sorry, I felt like I was suffocating when I was inside, I wanted to breathe in fresh air. I don't really have any complaints about how Makoto handled this but, I don't really like the aroma." He answers, turning back to view the sight in front of us. Tokyo's beautiful, seeing the city lights are my favorite.

I stand beside him, hands on the concrete railing as I stared at the sky in awe. The stars were twinkling ever so brightly, there was more than I've ever seen before, it's like they were shining for me-- for him-- for us. Breaking my fantasies and bringing myself to reality, that there is no us, there's only him and I.

The two of us are quiet, stargazing and staring at the beautiful night sky above us. It's nearing Summer, yet for some reason, it was cold again. I shivered, feeling the cold air brush against my skin; I had to warm myself up. I rest my forearms on the concrete railing, looking at my hand as i moved it around to see both sides; I want someone to hold it-- I want him to hold it again.

"Sorry, for leaving you alone." He suddenly speaks. I look at him when I heard him let out a quiet chuckle. "But I guess I don't have to worry about that now. You found me." I smile to myself and look away, returning my attention to the stars.

The words he spoke and the way how he said them, it sounded like he was hurt. He's been speaking like that for a while now, it's like he's trying to tell me something and yet I don't get what he wants to say. I've spent time with him and his eyes would be confusing me with all the different emotions that I'd see in them.

"Where's your date?" He asks, making me rub my elbow as I felt embarrassed just by thinking of the answer. Does he have to ask that?

"Beside me. Probably sulking over something and I don't know what it is." I reply and smile to myself, looking at the jewelry with admiration. I still can't believe that Kuroo-san would give me this, he should've bought a different one for a different girl.

"Thought I wasn't your date. You were pretty entertained by countless guys back there, and the savior was also someone else." I turn to him, seeing the smile he had earlier, fade.

"I was stuck.. Sorry." I say, looking up when I saw a shooting star. But does wishing upon a star makes a wish come true? I wish I may, I wish I might.. I could finally get the answers I wished for, tonight.

I once again felt shivers down my spine, the cold air hitting my exposed skin. Maybe I shouldn't have chosen this but a different gown instead, I'm freezing in this one. I turn on my heel to go back inside, wishing that I could warm up once I get back. It's really cold out here.

Kenma, to my surprise, grabbed my right hand and pulled me back to stay. I furrow my brows at him to protest, only to have him intertwine our fingers. My eyes fall to his wrist, a familiar bracelet he wore caught my attention. It's the same as the one I'm wearing.. but why? Why would he have the same as me?

"Are you cold?" I shake my head in denial, smiling as I turned to the sky to distract myself. My heart beats faster every second I see his face, I've fallen too deep that I might not be able to escape. "You always lie, did you know that?" I chuckle, stopping when he let go of my hand and took off his blazer; he wrapped it around my shoulders to cover me from the cold air, his hands never left its lapels.

"You can let go." I place my hands on his, wanting him to let go. Kenma's being stubborn again. He shook his head as he looked at me with tired eyes. If him not letting go was too much already, he rested his forehead on mine.

"I gave you the bracelet.. the necklace.." What..? "I was happy when you mouthed an I like you." He backed his head away from mine, giving me a cute smile. "I'm probably not as fun as other guys, I don't know when I shouldn't be acting up... but.. I waited for this." He let go of the lapels, bringing his hands down to hold my own. "Will you let me do something?" I give him a nod, not quite sure on what he meant.

He let go of my hands, bringing his up to cup my cheeks, his touch was gentle. He slowly leaned in as he tilted his head and my heart started to beat faster than it already was; he stopped when our lips were a centimeter away. His eyes went from mine to my lips and he pressed his on them; I was taken aback at first, but I melted into the kiss as he kissed me under the moonlight. His hands went down, wrapping his arms around my waist to pull me closer.

He breaks away, pressing another soft loving kiss on my lips before he rested his forehead on mine. He let out a satisfied chuckle as he stared into my eyes, his smile was bright. If he kissed me then that means..

"Be my girlfriend, (Y/n)."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ps. I drew the gown and the prom part has been in my notes for days. I hope you enjoyed today's update <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85 12 12
"A world where soulmates are connected in some ways when they turned 15 years old. In which the other half can hear the voice of the other, while the...
389K 10.4K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor 😭😭 super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right πŸ₯΅" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...
972 61 15
a kenma x fem! reader ⊱ ━━━━.β‹… Ρïз β‹….━━━━ ⊰ where kenma and y/n are assigned as partners for a project they start to acknowledge each other to the...
140K 3.5K 17
Kozume Kenma never thought that he'd find love, or even someone remotely like him. He was an outcast, whose life revolved around his phone and volley...