Change of Heart

By Reasonstosmileathome

"You're lying." Zavier spoke so low that even he barely heard his words himself. "Huh?" He picked up the vol... More

character looks
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
extra
alternate chapter 20

chapter 19

64.7K 2.2K 3.6K
By Reasonstosmileathome

Dillon POV:

Zavier leaned in closer, laughing at the post I was showing him on my phone. Time had passed quickly with us showing each other funny posts that I had almost forgotten Isaac was here.

"Can you guys shut up please?" Isaac repeated again.

Almost.

Isaac sat on his bed with what looked like school work. I mean, who the fuck does work on a trip except from a full time nerd?

"You know you can leave any time you want. Don't feel like you have to stay." I reminded him.

He rolled his eyes, "Well nowhere else was quiet and I thought my room would be but then you two came in so that's wonderful."

"Fuck off."

"I just explained why I couldn't but thanks. You too." Once again, one of his smart responses.

"Why do you two hate each other so much?" I hadn't noticed Zavier watching the encounter intently, I had just assumed he was still on his phone.

For once, Isaac kept his mouth shut, surprising me. He just looked at me knowingly, but didn't say anything. I don't think he knew anything, because there was nothing to know about.

So then why did he look so proud of himself?

"He's annoying." And he tries to flirt with you and take you away from me is what I wanted to add, but I didn't of course. I'm not stupid.

"Yeah but something must've happened for you two to suddenly become 'foes'. Not just him being annoying." Zavier looked at Isaac, but he had gone back to doing his work, seeming unfazed by whatever Zavier was now saying.

"Why do you care so much? It's nothing." I dismissed it, turning my phone back on to look for something to do. Zavier didn't take it as nothing since he got up and walked over to Isaac, grabbing his papers from him with no warning.

"Zavier what are you doing?" I quizzed him confusedly.

Isaac held his hand out for his papers, but Zavier didn't make any move to give it back. "Yeah, what are you doing?" We finally agreed on something for the first time.

He looked back at me, "You're shutting me off," Then he looked at a fed up Isaac, "And you're not listening to me. So I need one straight answer from the two of you of why you guys bully each other."

Isaac got up to try and take the papers back but Zavier was quicker, holding them away from him. "Nuh uh uh." Zavier waved a finger in Isaac's face, aggravating him more.

"Some help here would be nice." Isaac turned to face me, but I gladly shrugged, not caring enough to bother. Isaac's shoulders slumped at my response as he sighed.

"You want an answer? Not everyone gets on well with each other. That's it." Isaac defended himself, probably expecting his work back.

But Zavier only leaned closer to him,"Bullshit." Isaac pushed Zavier back, maybe to try get him off guard so he could take his work back, but Zavier didn't expect it and stumbled backwards, tripping over a lone shoe. I quickly got up to see better, but Zavier had grabbed onto the nearest thing which happened to be Isaac, who also didn't expect it, making them both fall to the ground stupidly.

Eventful.

Isaac had somehow been flipped to the bottom as he groaned something about his knee. I didn't like their position, but Zavier didn't seem to mind. He actually looked... pleased.

"Get... off... me." Isaac struggled to get those three words out, lifting his head slightly to say them then putting it back against the floor.

Zavier didn't get off him, and it was annoying me at the fact he was enjoying this. It was like he had forgotten I was here.

"What's the magic word?"

"What fucking magic word? Just get off of me."

"Waiting."

Isaac huffed, not saying anything but realising Zavier was being serious, gave in, "Okay I don't know... please?"

Zavier smiled and got up. Papers were spread out everywhere on the floor while Isaac scrambled to pick them all up as he complained about losing the order.

I watched Zavier walk over to me with a smirk, "Why'd you do that?"

He looked surprised by my question but just shrugged, "You defending him now?"

I sighed and ignored him, turning my phone back on.

"Don't tell me you're mad." I could hear the amused tone in his voice so I kept quiet. I wasn't annoyed, I was just... I don't know, confused.

"Dillon." He carried on repeating my name like a 4 year old, getting on my nerves more and more.

"Okay yes." I looked up finally to see him so close to me. I leaned back quickly to avoid the heat creeping into my cheeks showing.

"You're mad."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"You wanna know who's mad? I am." Isaac butted into the conversation. His cheeks were flushed as he held all the papers in disarray.

"You wanna know who cares? No one." Zavier retorted back making me chuckle.

"So funny." Isaac took his papers and stormed out, and tried to slam the door, but his papers fell instead again. He picked his papers up then slammed the door finally but I could still hear his grumbles from the other side of the door. A full nerd he is.

"Finally." Zavier laughed. I smiled back, but I was thinking of their interactions with each other. It seemed more to me as teasing from Zavier's side, but Isaac wasn't stopping it- he most likely enjoyed it, and I didn't like that.

I laughed along with Zavier's jokes, but inside I was planning something. Something that would hopefully cause a rift between the two again.

***

Isaac POV:

I did a few jumps just before the game started, just to make sure my knee was okay. It wasn't a serious injury but I didn't want it to get any worse by me not looking after it right now.

Dillon had been looking suspicious, he had the same look on his face from that time before he threw the dodgeball at me.

He had lingered around Zavier's bag for a long time before purposefully bumping into me while I was on my phone, spilling everything in my bag and making me drop my phone. This was literally the 5th time my stuff had fallen on the ground, and Dillon didn't make it better, kicking the stuff around, making me spend longer picking it up.

I picked up the phone last, since it had somehow disappeared while I was picking up the papers and all my gear, but appeared back after with no scratches, so I didn't think too much of it.

It was like Dillon was trying to be a middle school bully. Like grow up already.

I kicked Dillon out of my head, focusing on the game instead. Coach had promised us an afternoon out if we won- which we definitely would.

Rain began to pour, rapidly becoming heavier as the grey clouds joined together. Now the sweat was mixed with rain, as I squinted to see what was even happening. I passed the ball to John as he then scored, getting us another goal for our already winning team.

By the end of the match, it hadn't been as much of an easy win as yesterday's, but it was still relatively good at 4-2. Everyone's face was lit up as they talked about what they were planning on doing. They headed into the changing rooms, the bustling field now quiet, as I stayed back to make sure I hadn't missed anything that had fallen out my bag.

I heard the changing room door open and looked up to see Zavier storming up to me, rage on his face as he shoved me suddenly, "Why the fuck did you do that?" He was the one to say that, but I could've asked him the same thing.

I didn't know what was going on, I was still in a state of confusion, leaving me speechless, but he must've taken this confusion for me admitting I did whatever he was on about since he went to shove me again, but I was quicker this time, stepping to the side.

"What? Stop pushing me and just say what I did."

He chuckled bitterly, "Oh of course you don't know Isaac. Because you always try so hard to be perfect, but you never will be. Just accept it." He ranted on, not mentioning the reason why he was mad.

"I don't know what you're on about." I responded truthfully, ignoring his insults.

He took his phone out, making me think this one sided argument was over, but he instead shoved the phone straight into my face, showing some blurred picture. I leaned back so I could let my eyes focus on it, and on it was a naked Zavier, the picture was still a bit blurry with what looked like a mirror picture of him. It looked kinda messed up as you could see his face and a.. six pack, but there was like a small dick kind of hanging out his boxers.

"Wait you were being serious about having nudes on your phone? Is your dick really that small... wait is that a brui-?" I tried to look closer but he snatched the phone away from me, looking even more angry.

"That's not the fucking point Isaac. You tried to leak my fucking nudes just because I read out some stupid text messages to like 2 people."

"Ehh I would say more than that." I corrected him, closing my mouth too late, realising that statement didn't help at all to the situation, instead only fuelled it more.

"And the worst thing is you photo shopped it so shit. I remember taking this photo only shirtless, so how did you Photoshop a dick onto it."

"Ohh it's photo shopped. That makes more sense... wait- I don't mean that I think your dick's big. No offence to your dick."

"Just shut up alright. Where'd you get these pictures?"

"I didn't leak it dude." I shrugged, looking down at my nails. I had taken a break from biting them and they looked great.

"And who else would it be?" Zavier snapped me back into the conversation, I had really thought it was over.

"Uhh... like anybody else who hates you too." I pointed out.

"Like you."

"No, I said anybody else." I repeated, trying to get my point across but it fell upon deaf ears once again.

"No, it has to be you. You were mad about the text message reading out, you said you were going to get 'revenge', I caught you looking on my phone which you initially lied about and you were mad about today so you leaked them, trying to embarrass me."

I listened closely, a laugh nearly coming out from how ridiculous it sounded.

Actually... If I'm being honest, he did give justified reasons but one tiny thing to point out...

I didn't do it.

"It wasn't me. Anyways, nice chat uh- I'm gonna head to the changing rooms." I started to walk away but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Oh no you don't. You know what people are saying in there about me?"

Well obviously no, since I haven't been in there, but do delight me, I thought, keeping this thought in my head to not anger him more.

"They're dick shaming me for the dick that isn't even mine. How can nobody even realise it's fake? Have they never seen their own dicks before or some shit? Nearly all of them started chanting shrimp."

"Uh-" I didn't know what to say, I mean, what did he want me to say? I just settled for a "Oh.", hoping that would be the end of it.

"It's obvious why though." He looked up at the sky as small droplets of rain began to fall again. "They're just happy they finally have something against me."

As cool as this deep chat was, I really didn't want to be stuck in the rain for it, and I tried to leave again, but this move triggered Zavier's anger again as it flashed in his eyes once again.

"And it's all your fault." He stepped closer, scaring me at the menacing look he had on his face. The teasing Zavier was long gone by now.

"Look Zavier, I'm sorry for whatever they're saying about you but it wasn't me. I don't know who leaked those." I half apologised, but he shook his head.

"It was you. Stop denying it. You're jealous of me, you always have been. I don't know why you thought leaking this fake picture would do something, but it doesn't. You're still a shitty try hard." He snarled at me. All this... over a fake nude.

Right.

"Woah woah... okay. Calm down with the ego and insults. It wasn't me big man."

"What'd you just call me?"

"What? You need hearing aids too? I said Big man."

"Fuck you." With that, Zavier threw a punch at me, hitting my stomach and winding me. My breaths became short as I tried to inhale in more air. The full pain hadn't started to kick in yet, so I took this to my advantage and looked back up at him, taking my hand off of my stomach to cock back my fist, and release it, hitting the under of his eye, near his cheekbone.

He stumbled back, not expecting me to hit back. I went in for another punch but I was pulled back by an unknown person.

"Isaac what the fuck are you doing?" Harrison hissed in my ear. I wish I could say myself.

I turned to see a small crowd of people watching us who I hadn't noticed before, and standing in the middle was Dillon with a sly grin on his face.

Before I could even have time to think about why he looked so smug, Coach came shouting at us, "BOYS! What is going on here? Kim, I'm trusting you to go with Jones back to his room to take him to lie down and find him an ice pack and Reid go with Brown to also get an ice pack. I'm disappointed with you two, as soon as you two get back, we need to all have a word. We'll discuss whatever happened here and what it means for you twos future captaincy."

I nodded solemnly as I held onto my stomach painfully with Harrison to get back to the hotel. I really didn't want any questions, but I could tell by his fidgeting that many questions were just on the tip of his tongue.

"What happened?" It finally slipped off his tongue.

"I don't know. Apparently I leaked some nudes in retaliation to Zavier and he's somehow getting body shamed and now he blames me."

"Ohh yeah I saw that... was it you?"

I stopped walking and gave him a deadpanned look, "What do you think?"

"Err-... no? I think..." He looked unsure of himself. "I don't know. It sounds reasonable but I think you wouldn't do that... right?"

"I'll leave it up to your imagination but half changing the subject, he's really improved his fighting. My stomach hurts so bad."

"Wait.. you guys have frequent... fights?"

"Eh, not really."

I heard Harrison mutter 'not really' in a questioning voice, but ignored it since we had gotten to the hotel.

Back in my room, Harrison had gone to find an ice pack, saying he trusted I could be alone for 5 seconds without starting another fight. I walked to the mirror and pulled up my soaking shirt slightly, revealing a blotchy purple bruise in the middle. I gently put my hand over it, wincing as soon as I made tiny contact.

I heard a knock and immediately let go of my shirt, having to pull it down since it was so wet and opened the door to see Harrison holding an ice pack excitedly.

"Found one." He walked into the room proudly and handed it over to me. I gladly took it and thanked him, putting it on the bed so I could take off my wet shirt before lying on the bed.

Harrison cleared his throat, making me look at him to which he looked down. "What is it?"

"I.. er- just wasn't- didn't expect you to go you know... shirtless?"

"Yeah well just before you came back, I checked my stomach and turns out his punch actually gave me a bruise, look." I ushered him over so he could see better. He stood cautiously away from me, keeping a two metre distance, so I stepped closer for him to look better.

"It looks so painful. Maybe if y-" Harrison started to suggest when he was interrupted.

Zavier came charging in, heading straight for his bed."Just saw coach, told me to tell Isaac that we're having a chat with him tomorrow and said Harrison should get going if he wants to have his afternoon off."

"What about us?" I questioned -going to lay on my bed- even though the answer would be obvious.

"Use your common sense." He went and sat on his bed, putting the ice pack on his cheek. Harrison gave me a pitied look before leaving, but I just shrugged; it wasn't his fault I had gotten involved in a fight.

Third Person POV:

"So um... this is fun." Isaac finally said something, hating the tension in the silence. Zavier was still glaring at any object that was unlucky enough to be in his view.

"Maybe we should talk about the fight?" Isaac tried to suggest, but Zavier's face remained stone hard. "I can try find out who leaked that fake nude. It could've been like uh... Kamal, I think I heard him say he didn't like your shoes yesterday. Or maybe it was Alex, but actually he's too lazy to do that. Maybe-" Isaac had started droning on, and even though he hadn't noticed, Zavier had, and he was getting a headache from his talking.

"SHUT UP!" Zavier snapped, instantly making Isaac go quiet. "I know it was you. Stop trying to avoid the blame. If you had just owned up from the beginning, this," He pointed to his eye and then to Isaac's stomach, "- wouldn't have happened or if you had just not been so pathetic and not made fake nudes, then that would've been even better."

"I didn't do it Zavier, and stop calling my life pathetic. I get it alright, but I don't know how I can convince you that it wasn't me, I swear. Why do you think it's me so bad?"

"Because it came from your fucking phone Isaac. You sent it on the soccer group chat."

"Me? I sent it? When?" Isaac barely knew any of the details, and now he was basically hotel grounded, it was harder to find out all of it. How could he have sent the photo if he hadn't even seen it before?

"Yes you. I don't know exactly when, but I do remember a few people looking at me weirdly at halftime but it was after the match it somehow blew up."

"I didn't go on my phone at half time though. Can't you check what time it was sent to the chat?"

Zavier sighed heavily, but picked up his phone and turned it on. He swiped incoming notifications coming in on his phone away, and reluctantly went on the group chat. Scrolling up, he found the picture, and pulled the message to the side to see what time it was sent.

9:35 AM.

5 minutes before the match started.

"9:35AM." He answered, going off the chat to get away from the messages that followed after the picture.

Isaac thought hard, thinking of any alibi he could use to prove that it wasn't him who sent it when he remembered that must've been around the time he dropped his bag, which definitely meant he couldn't have sent it. "It can't have been me. Thanks to your friend Dillon, all my stuff was on the floor so I was busy picking everything up."

"Are you saying it was Dillon?"

"I never said that but now you mention it, that does sound like something he'do."

"And why would, let me emphasise, my closest friend, make a fake nude of me then proceed to post it from your phone?" Zavier finally turned to face Isaac with a disbelieving look.

"It's obvious."

"Please explain to me how."

"I'd rather not say." Isaac didn't want to expose Dillon's sexuality, even as annoying as he was.

"Then why would I believe you?"

"Is Dillon straight?" Isaac popped out the question.

Zavier choked on his spit, spluttering for air. "You?.. actually like Dillon." He got out through coughs. "You're gay? Or bi? Or pan? Or just anything except straight?"

"Is that question so surprising that you almost die? And no, I'm straight. Just answer the question, is he straight or not?" If Zavier said yes, then that would be a dead end for him, but if he said no, he could somehow find a way to hint at Dillon being jealous.

"I don't really ask. Even if he wasn't, I wouldn't want to be the one to out him to you." Zavier shrugged.

So Zavier didn't know, great, Isaac thought.

This wasn't going to work for Isaac, the only way he could make himself look like the victim was by confronting Dillon, after all it was Dillon's fault.

"Where are you going?" Zavier watched Isaac putting a new shirt on and his shoes.

"I'm going to find Dillon before he goes out." And with that, Isaac walked out, leaving Zavier to be alone with his thoughts.

A/N: their voices sound so different (in the song at the top) like i've heard it before with diff song artists, idk if that makes sense wait. their voices slowed + reverb sound like some song artists i've listened to before but i can't remember their names yeah. it sounds like sam smith at some points. gonna listen to hamilton slowed + reverb so be ready for most of the songs at the top being hamilton slowed lmao. this is quite long chapter uh hope it makes sense but enjoy reading :0 05/09/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 277 8
"I kissed a boy just to start shit," he murmured into my ear, nibbling on the lobe slightly, just enough to set my deepest desires aflame. I squirme...
387K 12.1K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...
5.9K 227 14
❤︎︎ Two homies going to college together, one of them gay feelin the other who is very blunt and a little homophobic but what happens when they kiss...
8.7K 362 38
Jess Roma is quiet and fades into the background. People don't notice him. Isaac (Zack) Johnson is nice and on the football team. People love him. Th...