๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐–. โ”€โ”€...

By -moonsongs

ooo. โ–Ž๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐–. เฟ เฟ”*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ โŠน . . โˆ˜โ‹†โœญ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ โ... More

ooo. ๐“๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐“๐Ž๐Œ๐Ž๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐–
โ”โ”โ” แตƒแถœแต— แต’โฟแต‰.
โ € โ €i.
โ € โ €ii.
โ € โ €iii.
โ € โ €v.
โ”โ”โ” แตƒแถœแต— แต—สทแต’.
โ € โ €vi.
โ € โ €vii.
โ € โ €viii.
โ € โ €ix.
โ € โ €x.
โ € โ € xi.
โ € โ € xii.

โ € โ €iv.

2.9K 58 64
By -moonsongs

₊.ෆ*˚* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ⁎ෆ*˚‧₊

JUNE 23, 1962
10:27 am.

frankie shot up from her spot on her small couch from the knock on her door. her mother looked at her with curious eyes. frankie shrugged looking back at her gaze.

"i'll get it." she told her mother.

frankie walked over, looking through the peep hole of her door. she saw a dark haired boy. she quickly realized who it was. benny. she smiled before opening the door.

"hey, goldilocks, erm i was wondering if you wanted to come to the sandlot." benny said. "only if you want to of course."

"yeah, yeah, i'd love to, benny." she replied.

there was silence for a second. benny stuffed his hands in his pockets as he sighed. his eyes looking around, trying not to be as awkward as possible.

"oh, great, great, erm, i'll walk you there."

"sounds great, let me ask my mom. i'll be right back don't leave." she said followed with a laugh.

benny smiled.

"mom, can i go to the sandlot with my friend?"

"sure, what's their name?" her mother asked.

"benny." she replied.

"—a boy?"

"it's not like that. we only met yesterday."

"he's cute?"

"yeah erm, but can i go?"

her mother sat up, walking past her daughter to their front door. there stood benny. his eyes grow big as he saw the girls mother. he felt his heart pump and his legs turn to jello. frankie quickly trailed behind her mother. her gaze meeting benny's.

"erm, mom this is benny, benny this is my mom."

"hi, ms. moretti, it's a pleasure to meet you." benny said with a smile.

"hello, benny, it's nice to meet you as well. would you like anything? water?" her mother questioned.

"oh- no, no ma'am i'm just fine. thank you."

"alright, well you two get going. no funny business you hear me?" she said pointing the two of them.

"mom!" frankie said, giving her a glare.

"what? you said hes-"

"ok, mom. bye see you later. love you."

"i love you too, my puddin'" her mother said, blowing her a kiss through her front door.

frankie felt a sigh escape her lips as she grabbed bennys wrist and took him down the steps to the side walk. they walked by each other in silence for a short time before benny sighed to himself.

"sorry about my mom." the blonde said, looking at him.

benny lifted his hand and shook his head.

"no, no it's completely fine. my mom would have acted the same."

frankie laughed to herself. she smiled up at him, breaking the awkwardness. the air between them felt pure now, not awkward at all.

"hey, benny?"

"yeah, goldilocks?"

"do the boys like me?"

"of course they do, why wouldn't you think?"

"i feel like i was kind of mean to them, i just didn't see how they could do that to poor smalls."

"you had every right to feel bad for smalls and to stand up for him. they like you and in no way were you mean to them."

"thanks, benny."

"no problem, frankie." he started. "you and smalls think a lot. you get straight A's don't you?"

"A's and B's but A's if i try." she said. "but maybe my imagination is just big." she shrugged.

the two laughed and made small talk as they made their way to the sandlot. it seemed like a long time, all though it was only a five minute walk. the two felt happy near each other.

***

as the two approached the group they had seen them already playing.

"woah!" one boy said, followed with a bunch of laughter.

"you call that pitching? this is baseball, not tennis." ham said.

"give him a tennis racket!"

"give me something to hit."

"alright ham-" denunez said before getting cut off.

"hey! where were you guys!" ham started. "what took y'all so long! benny, you're never late! were y'all making out or something! c'mon, man let's play."

benny and frankie couldn't help but laugh. they looked at each other and blushed, as frankie hoped her laugh would covered it.

"ham! get ready!" denunez said. "this is my heater. i dare you to hit it."

"you'll be sorry." ham said.

"give that boy a bigger bat!"

"you want the heater i'll give it to you!"

"give him a basketball then he'll hit it."

everyone let out a laugh. suddenly denunez threw as hard and fast he possibly could and-

CRACK!

"oh yeah! that's how you do it!" ham cheered.

everyone watched as the ball flew over their heads. as ham felt powerful the rest felt defeated. suddenly it was out of view and into the other yard. they all sighed and looked at ham.

"ham, you idiot!"

"now we can't play no more. great you idiot!" one boy said.

"hit me with the heater." one boy mocked. "stupid idiot!"

"wait a second i'll get it!" frankie said.

she and smalls made their way to the fence, climbing onto it. suddenly everyone was lifting them off.

"hey! get down! don't go in there!" some shouted.

"get off of me! hey, let go!" frankie cried.

"i'm getting the ball idiots!" smalls said as they lifted the two off the fence.

"you're gonna get yourself killed!"

"killed, man, jeez!"

"what are you doing?" benny asked.

"the ball flew over so we tried to get it." frankie said.

"i just thought i'd hop the fence-"smalls said before he was cut off

"if you were thinking, you wouldn't have though that." squints said.

"you can't go back there." benny said.

"but, the ball?" frankie said knitting her eyebrows together.

"we don't." timmy said.

"we don't." tommy repeated.

"it's history." timmy said.

"it's history. kiss it-"

"kiss it goodbye. shut up, tommy."

"it's ok! we'll just get another ball tomorrow! right, guys?" frankie said, with a smile on her face. "we'll just wait."

"wait for what?" benny asked.

"till tomorrow. tomorrow is always another day."

"man, how is this girl always happy?" yeah-yeah asked shaking his head.

"yeah, we'll get another one tomorrow."

"we'll never see it again." squints said.

"why not?"

"the beast." all the boys said at the same time.

"what is that?" smalls asked.

"smalls, listen to me. go to that fence ... real slow. you too goldilocks, and be quiet." benny demanded.

"but ... i- i think..." smalls stuttered.

"no, no, no, just go and peek through that hole."

"but... i."

"it's okay, just go, you guys."

"go, smalls." one boy said.

"c'mon frankie." another said.

"shh." some said.

"be quiet!" one boy whispered.

"smalls! i see the ball." frankie said.

suddenly the two shot up. a growl grew from the other side of the fence causing a shiver to go through their spines. a paw erupted from out of their view and grabbed the ball. frankie jumped once more and felt her breathe hitch.

"something got the ball!" smalls said.

"what was that?" frankie asked.

"camp out!" all the boys shouted.

frankies curious eyes wandered to bennys. he gave her smile followed by a shrug. she smiled back, tucking her hair behind her ear and turning back to the fence as all the boys made chatter.

❝ well i might   get uptight
and never   find the right
time   and i'm sorry
that i don't bother.❞

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 67 26
(I know it's in 1962 but she's gonna have a Walkman cause I need her too) Y/n Peters has known Scotty Smalls since she was in second grade, she's old...
484K 5.7K 54
in which a girl and a boy have a complicated relationship [RODRIGUEZ X OC] [ADORABLEOBRIEN 2014] started: late 2014 published: late 2014 ended: mid t...
93.9K 1.4K 31
~after getting nicked in the head by a baseball, Natalie realizes that such a cute boy, Benny Rodriguez, has been under her nose for years. Will he f...
1.2K 17 15
in may of 1962 where people only believed in peace, love and rock and roll, 15 year old Valerie smalls moves to California with her family and soon m...