⠀ ⠀vii.

₊

₊.ෆ*˚* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ⁎ෆ*˚‧₊

JULY 4, 1962
9:26 pm.

"hey!" benny began as he knocked on the girls front door. "frankie, c'mon!"

frankie looked over to her door, quickly recognizing the voice of the boy. her gaze had met her mothers who had been baking cookies for the neighborhoods fourth of july party. she smiled and nodded, letting her know she could go.

"coming, coming!"

frankie opened her front door to see benny. the colors of the fireworks displayed on his face. their eyes met each others as they smiled. frankie's heart felt as if it was out of her chest. she had no words.

"go on, you guys." her mother interrupted. "don't let the bugs in! go! go!" she said pushing the two out the door.

and with that, the group was meeting up and running to the sandlot.

***

"throw it to second goldilocks!"

frankies arms let loose of the ball as she threw it, getting bertram out.

"gosh!" he sighed.

ham threw the ball back to denunez.

"c'mon throw it denunez!" frankie rushed.

"okay! hit it!"

denunez threw the ball, as he would normally, and before they knew it—

CRACK!

everyone's eyes glued onto the ball. the sky was bright and lit with fireworks, it seems as if they all fell in love with the colors. benny couldn't look, he felt as if it were wrong of him to distract himself. but that night the boys nor frankie could care less. the sky was beautiful, and it reminded frankie of how lucky she got to end up there.

"oh, isn't it just beautiful, benny." she exclaimed.

"yeah, now keep your eye on the ball!"

***

"benny, benny! wait up!" frankie yelled for the boy.

his head turned to see the girl running after him, right before he could step out of the gate for that night.

"— yeah, whats up goldilocks?"