⠀ ⠀viii.

₊

₊.ෆ*˚* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ⁎ෆ*˚‧₊

JULY 8, 1962
11:56 am.

"get him! get him!"

"come on! come on, benny!"

"go, benny!"

"no, get him!"

and with that benny hit the base.

"oh, damnit!"

suddenly all the boys turned their attention to the entrance to reveal around six boys on their bikes.

"it's easy when you play with a bunch of rejects and a fat kid, rodriguez!" one of the boys started. "and a girl!"

frankies eyebrows furrowed. she knew playing baseball was unusual for a girl. just about anyone knew that, but that didn't mean she didn't like it.

"hey, hey, stop that!" frankie said.

"shut up!"

"hey, shut your mouth philips!" benny retorted.

"what'd you say, crap face?" ham said.

"i said you shouldn't even be able to touch a baseball. except for rodriguez." philips started. "you're all an insult to the game."

"shut your trap, shit head!" the blonde girl said.

the boys turned to her for a second, knowing she wasn't one to be mean. nor did she look like she would be.

"come on! we'll take you on right here! right now!" ham demanded.

"we play on a real diamond, porter. y'all ain't good enough to lick the dirt off our cleats."

"yeah, 'cause we're better!" the girl retorted.

"yeah, yeah!"

the group could care less if they were to play on a real diamond. they all enjoyed being with each other, wether they were playing together or against each other.

"watch it jerk." ham said.

"shut up, idiot!"

"moron!"

"scab eater!"

"butt sniffer!"

"pus licker!"