⠀ ⠀i.

₊

₊.ෆ*˚* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 ⁎ෆ*˚‧₊

JUNE 20, 1962
5:48 pm.

frankie was never the complaining type; nor the one to find the negative in things, but as she was moving towns it seemed as if she had nothing to look to for positivity. she messed with the hem of her skirt as she desperately tried to put herself in a good mood.

"puddin'?"

"yes ma'am?" she said as her head shot up, narrowing her eyes to her mother.

"we're here." she stated.

frankie felt her gaze move from her mother to the new house she would soon be living in. her eyes seemed a little brighter. the house was absolutely gorgeous.

"i knew tyche would serve me good." she said under her breathe.

"what?" her mother asked.

"tyche." frankie began. "the greek goddess of chance. i've told you this before."

her mother just sighed and shook her head. frankie couldn't contain her excitement. she had no siblings to share it with, only her mother, who was a downer sometimes. her seatbelt came undone and her door opened with a small creek.

she felt her blonde hair fall to her shoulders as she smiled and sighed. she turned to her mother who had tapped her shoulder.

"here take your bags inside." she demanded as she handed her a suit case and a extra bag. "your room is the one by the bathroom in the hall."

as she made her way to her room the floor seemed to not creek so much, which she was thankful for. sometimes her imagination would get the best of her, and would scare her. she set her bags down before looking all around the room, her eyes still glowing.

"thank you, tyche. i'm sure to like it here."

***

that night she finished unpacking and was sure to finish her room, and she did. by the time her and her mother finished dinner it was late and considering they were on their feet all day, they were surely tired.

frankie rolled over to her back as she parted her lips. the stickers she scattered on her ceiling weren't enough to stop her thoughts, but slowly they took her to sleep and before she knew it, she was out cold and her thoughts slipped away.

❝ but i would like to dance
with you   awkwardly in
haze   to this little tune.