Dimash's Visions

By StellaMont2

2021. Dimash turned 27. Your mission on this planet is already complete. Will he remain on Earth? He knows th... More

SOS d'un Terrien In Détresse
An Unforgettable Day
Autumn Strong
Across Endless Dimensions
If I Never Breathe Again
Daididau
Durdaraz
Qairan Elim
Golden
Daybreak
Ogni Pietra
Eternal Memory
Cherishing You
Bônus - Sinful Passion (adult content)
Know
The Meaning of Eternity
The Love of Tired Swans
Samal Tau
Thousand of Miles
War and Peace
We Are One
All By Myself
Hello
Passione
I Only Love You
Sinful Passion (Adult Content)
Kazakhstan Song
Elin Menim
I Am Kazakh
Screaming
I Miss You
Endless Love
Your Love
Couldn't Leave
Mademoiselle Hyde
Confessa
Opera 2
My Beauty
Amanat
Omir Oter
Ocean Over Time
Kieli Meken

Molihua

35 5 0
By StellaMont2

Part One

Dimash and I decided to ask the orphanage management to see Diego's room. Maybe seeing his room, what things he keeps, how he organizes them, we can get to know him better and have some idea of how to convince him to go with us. The director is very interested in helping us, since everyone there is concerned about his future.

His room is small, but very neat. There is a bookcase full of books. I run my eyes over the titles. There are many books on Physics and Mathematics. Books that could easily be on an engineer's shelf. On the walls, there are sketches. Many sketches of machines so strange that they look like products of the imagination of a science fiction writer. There are many notebooks. I'm not an expert in advanced calculus, but I think that's what this is about. Dimash and I don't know if all that is just delusions or something more serious.

- Did you even take these notes from him for someone to see?

- Of course not. He was installed so well here, he never created any problems. If that was just crazy in his head, who knows, they might take him from here to another place ... I got to know his mother. A good woman. I didn't want to take any chances.

On the other shelf, books on World History and Geopolitics. And biographies: Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Desmond Tutu, Mandela. The question is how much of it is he really understanding? Is Diego a genius or is he just a boy lost in his daydreams? We do not know.

- Look! There is a small book at the head of his bed. When I was a kid, I also kept my favorite book on the nightstand. A book I got from my singing teacher when I gave a performance at my school.

- Along with your truck and your tapes?

- Yes. And my speakers, microphones and everything ...

- I know this book: "El Niño del Dedo Verde". "Tistou: The Boy with Green Thumbs". The author is called Maurice Druon. This book is beautiful. It is a book for children, but one that touches everyone, children and adults, like "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" or "The Little Prince". Tistu is a special child who spreads flowers wherever he goes and thus changes the world. Here is a dedication: "For my Tistu, that one day will change the world! I love you! Mom!" There is also an almost erased drawing inside the book. It looks like a drawing of a jasmine.

- It's a jasmine. His mother was called Jasmine. She was very pretty. And it was always fragrant, a gentle scent of jasmine as her name. This drawing was what he did for her when he was a child.

Dimash is thrilled.

- A child who lost his mother in such a tragic way and who grew up like this, by himself. It breaks my heart, actually. Children should not suffer. I really want to help this guy.

- Dimash, maybe we can help him. Think with me. I have the impression that we can reach him, the two of us together. In the last visions, I was the mother and you were the child. Flowers, Jasmine, Perfume. Maybe we can combine it all.

- I didn't quite understand what you want to do, but I trust you.

I must talk to the director of the orphanage.

- Then we will need to organize some things. Can we make a small presentation here at the orphanage? My friend here sings very well ...

- Of course! Children will love it. What kind of music does he sing?

- A little of everything. I think you'll like.

The director must have heard of Dimash. But to imagine that he is there, that simple man, sitting on that bed, wearing jeans and a T-shirt, is quite another thing ... And I think Dimash is enjoying the idea of singing at the orphanage, it's something he always does when is in Kazakhstan.

- Let's see how demanding my audience will be. I haven't been singing like that for a long time, without anyone knowing me. Will be cool!

Dimash is having fun. It looks like a child planning a prank. This is one of the things I most admire about Dimash. He is not afraid to take risks. He always says "yes" to new experiences.

- You said "yes" to stay with me. I mean, to help me with visions.

Ah, Dimash! I have a hard time imagining any situation where I could say a categorical "no" to you.

Part Two

We spent the whole day running from side to side. Everything has to be perfect. It all depends on my plan working out.

We need instruments: a keyboard and a guitar. I'm not a guitar player, but I can play some Dimash's songs. And he can play some on the keyboard. Talking to the director, she indicated a store to us and there we bought a beautiful guitar, which Dimash gave me as a gift, and a keyboard that he intends to donate to the orphanage after the presentation. Quite different from the band that accompanies it.

- You mean you're going to play for me? I want to sing "Gracias a la Vida".

- You know I don't play enough to accompany you, but it will have to do. Unless you prefer to sing "a capella".

- No way. I will not miss this opportunity to see you play. Are you going to do the vocal backing for me too?

- Don't abuse it, okay?

Dimash laughs. He is happy.

Flowers are not easy to find. We traveled all over the city until we found a flower shop that had jasmine and we managed to make some pretty arrangements. Their perfume spreads through the air. I like flowers. The scent of flowers. They always bring back childhood memories, from my home garden.

We are ready. We will perform at the time when older children and teenagers usually go to the lounge after dinner, including Diego. There will be five or six songs. The ones I like the most, after all, are the ones I can play, of course.

People are entering the hall and we are on a small improvised stage. The director finally remembers asking an important question.

- What's your friend's name again?

- His name is Dimash.

- Funny name. It's the same name as a famous singer who is performing here in Peru ...

The director finally looks at Dimash more carefully and it's easy to see that she recognized him.

- Is he really? I can not believe!

- Dimash loves children. And he loves making these little presentations.

The director is nervous and introduces Dimash with all the compliments she can remember. Some teenagers already know him and a buzz takes over the hall. Diego is sitting in a chair by a window and doesn't seem to pay any attention to what's going on.

Dimash starts singing "Gracias a la Vida". I follow each song on the guitar until the time comes to put my plan into action. Dimash goes to the keyboard. Dimash starts playing Daybreak and I sit next to Diego. I take with me a beautiful arrangement of jasmine and place it on the table that is very close to where Diego is. I brought the lyrics and put them in his hand. He reads. A cloud of sadness passes quickly over his face and disappears. But that is enough to give me hope of getting to him. "You can make this bridge. My voice and your empathy, your warmth warms any heart".

I place a jasmine flower on Diego's lap. The flower's aroma spreads and forms a halo of sweetness and enchantment. Dimash begins to sing a very sweet and gentle version of Molihua. Jasmine. I put my hand on Diego's hand. I feel a wave of love running through me. I hope it gets to him. I speak gently in his ear.

- Tistu! You will change the world! I know you know that. But you need to feel. Feel pain and feel joy. You need to be alive again. Really alive.

Dimash's voice fills the air. The scent of flowers fills every little space in the room. Emotion takes over people's hearts. There is a silence that is only interrupted by the sobbing of some of those people who, overwhelmed by emotion, are crying.

I hold Diego's hand and I feel overwhelmed by love. Love for that boy and for the child that boy was once. Suddenly, Diego looks up and fixes his gaze on me. We look each other in the eye. Tears are streaming down my face. A tear runs down Diego's face. There is a connection between the two of us. Diego holds my hand.

The song ends. The silence remains for a few seconds until people start to applaud. But Diego and I are like we are in a bubble, a deep connection.

- Diego, I want you to come with me. I want to find a place where you can live and study. Would you come with me? With me and my friend? We want to help you. Tistu, you will change the world. But for that, you need to be in the real world.

Diego keeps looking at me, as if looking for a place, a voice, a way back. Suddenly, he gets up and leaves the room. I look at Dimash. Did everything go wrong? In the end, won't we be able to help you?

The hall is busy now. Everyone wants to take pictures with Dimash. He smiles, that wonderful smile that makes everyone close to him smile too. The director is recording everything. I already know that in a few hours, the visit of Dimash to an orphanage in Peru will be an issue all over the internet. We need to go, get back to the hotel.

I'm sad. Diego has disappeared and I am very frustrated. At that moment, Diego returns to the salon He is carrying a backpack and his "El Niño del Dedo Verde". He walks over to me and takes my hand. I feel like he's ready to go with me at that moment.

Dimash looks at us from afar. He is happy, I feel his joy. I ask Diego to sit down and wait for a moment. I warn him that Dimash and I will send for all of his books, notes, drawings and notebooks. Everything that belongs to him goes with him. Dimash finally manages to say goodbye. Time to go. Diego takes my hand and Dimash's hand. Let's go to the car. A bouquet of jasmine fills our car with its perfume. Dimash drives. I sit next to Diego, who, holding my hand, ends up falling asleep.

Part Three

Three days from now it will be the big Dimash's concert in São Paulo. Dimash will inaugurate a large concert hall for forty thousand people. All tickets have already been sold. This concert will bring together dears from all over Latin America. Dimash only performed concerts of this magnitude in Kazakhstan. The expectation is very high.

Diego and I are already here. We came along with Dimash and his team. Diego hasn't said a word yet, but he spends the whole time with me, which means he spends the whole day waiting for me backstage while I work on rehearsals or Dimash interviews. His books and his notes have just arrived. I ask the team to bring all this material to the hotel. Diego and I are in adjoining rooms and there is a door that connects one room to another. Diego likes to see the video of Dimash singing Molihua every day. He especially likes the version of Dimash with Wu Tong. Maybe because this is also my favorite.

Dr. Mukhtar has already arrived in Brazil. When I called him, he was very receptive and immediately became interested in Diego's case. He only asked me 48 hours to organize everything. Dimash did not seem very surprised by the speed with which Dr. Mukhtar was willing to come to Brazil, although he does not seem very happy with his arrival. I wonder if there is any conflict between them. In those days when Dr Mukhtar visited me, he didn't mention anything, on the contrary, it was always just praise for Dimash. Weird.

Dr. Mukhtar just called me. He will come here at the hotel today. He wants to talk to me and to have the first contact with Diego. I'm excited. He's an excellent doctor. Although Diego is no longer isolated in his world, he still cannot establish a deeper communication. The librarian and the director guarantee that, before the accident, he spoke normally. I need the opinion of a doctor I trust.

After the video in which Dimash sings at the orphanage hit the networks, the siege of journalists and dears became even greater. He's always surrounded by people these days. And although I do the translations for him, I have a feeling that he is blocking me. I don't understand why, but I also can't ask him. How to talk to him with all those people? The truth is I miss him, I miss our connection. But it seems that he has not missed our connection the same way as me.

At that moment, there is a knock on the door. I open it in the hope that Dimash has felt my sadness and has come to see me. But who is at the door is Dr. Mukhtar.

- Looks like you were expecting someone else. I'm bothering?

- Of course not. You may come in. It is a pleasure to see you again, Dr. Mukhtar.

- The pleasure is all mine. And please, call me Mukhtar. We've already spent time together, haven't we? In fact, that period when I visited you were special moments. Talking to an intelligent, insightful and, moreover, beautiful woman is a huge pleasure.

Mukhtar is very kind indeed. He enters the room and I take him to see Diego. All those books, notebooks and drawings catch his eye.

- Is that all his stuff?

- Yes it is. It just arrived. We still don't know if in the middle of all these notes there may be something important or if it's just daydreams. I would really like someone to take a look at this material.

- I can take some of these notebooks and sketches to a dear friend who is an engineer at USP. He will be happy to review them. And then we can have a deeper view of Diego's situation. I also want to take him for some exams tomorrow. Neurological and speech exams to see if he has any concrete damage. And a psychological assessment as well.

- I think it's great. I will go with him. I feel such affection for this boy ... I really want him to recover his speech, if possible.

- I promise you that I will do everything possible to help him.

Mukhtar holds my hand. What a strange situation. He has a strong, manly presence and I am embarrassed. I get up quickly and sit down with Diego to explain all of our plans. Mukhtar looks at me closely.

- Have you dined yet? Can I invite you two to dinner at a beautiful restaurant near here? It is a simple restaurant, but the food is very tasty.

Since we arrived, I haven't been anywhere that hasn't been to Dimash's professional commitments. The rest of the time I spend at the hotel with Diego. Why not? I look at Diego. He nods yes.

- We will. It will be great to take a walk just for a change. I just need to get a coat.

I'm ready to leave when there is a knock at the door. I open the door and Dimash is there, leaning against the doorframe. He looks at me.

- Is going out?

- Actually, I am. Mukhtar invited us to dinner nearby.

- Hello, Mukhtar! Didn't you arrive a few hours ago? Did you have time to settle in the hotel?

- I preferred to come here first, Dimash.

- I understand.

- Dimash, do you need me? I can order dinner here in the room if you have something important to deal with.

What did Dimash do here now? Is something important happening? What a complicated situation. If I could feel what he wants, but he keeps blocking me.

- Don't get caught by me. I just came to see if Diego is fine and if you need anything.

- We don't need anything. The room is fine. Mukhtar came to tell me that tomorrow we will take Diego for a series of tests. I saw that you don't have any interviews or professional contacts tomorrow during the day. So I don't think I'll be missed. In the evening, I'll be there for your interview for the TV show.

- Don't worry. If you can't go, I can also hire an interpreter for that interview at night.

Dimash is so strange. I don't recognize him.

- It will not be necessary. Of course I will go. We are going to dinner now, why don't you come with us?

- You must remember that this hotel is surrounded, just put my foot out the door for a crowd to form. I am not a good company, unless you want your photos on social media.

I completely forgot about that. I get sad. I could stay to keep him company, but he doesn't seem to be interested in that.

- Well, since everything is fine, enjoy dinner a lot.

Dimash turns and leaves. Their steps are steady, but somehow, he looks downcast.

Part Four

Today is the day of the great concert in Brazil. I'm happy. All fan clubs in Latin America are here. Incredible people who, for years, have worked for love to make Dimash's name more and more known. During the pandemic period, they all invested a lot of energy in this dissemination. Radios designed exclusively for Dimash music were created in Chile and Argentina. In Brazil, a weekly program, the Kazakh Connection. In Cuba, the broadcast of one of his concerts on TV. Dears love Dimash a lot! And everyone's dream was always to attend a concert. That dream will come true today!

The concert starts shortly, but since yesterday there are lines to enter the theater. Thousands of people slept in lines. Diego and I are backstage, but we are going to watch the concert in the audience. Diego never imagined being at a concert like this and there is a gleam in his eyes that I have never seen before. Mukhtar is also with us. He made a point of accompanying us to help me take care of Diego. In fact, we don't know how Diego will react.

Diego did all the tests and he has no neurological damage despite the concussion he had in childhood, nor any speech-language damage. The psychological assessment suggests that all this may be the result of the trauma he suffered with the loss of his mother, the guilt he may have felt, in addition to the feeling of abandonment. How to expand his world and free him from all that pain?

Mukhtar's engineer friend also did a preliminary analysis of Diego's writings and sketches. In short: Diego is a genius. The sketches are of bold machines for capturing sunlight and transforming them into energy on a large scale. If they work, Diego will do what his mother "prophesied": he will change the world. The Engineering Department at USP is prepared to receive Diego as a researcher and invest in the construction of some prototypes. But how to insert him into a group work routine?

After that night, I met Dimash many times, but never alone, never able to talk about everything that was going on. I need to speak to Dimash before the concert. How will I do this? I won't be able to reach him to talk. I decided to write a note. I need Dimash to connect with me and Diego at the concert. Diego's story needs to come to an end and I think it's the two of us who can do that. Together.

I leave Diego with Mukhtar and go after Dimash. There he is surrounded by people. I make my way to him. I hold it in his hand, I wish him a good concert and, without anyone noticing it, I leave in his hand my note: "Diego and I need you to connect with us. Let's free Diego! Please!" Dimash looks at me quickly. I don't know what he's thinking. I don't understand why Dimash is so different.

Let's go to the audience. I am anguished. Will Dimash help me? Help us? If it were Dimash from a few days ago, I would have no doubt. But he looks like someone else. If he knew how it hurts me, would he act otherwise? And why doesn't he know?

And suddenly, Dimash is on stage. A wave of energy fills me instantly. Dimash and I are connected again. I hug Diego and I sing too. Diego snuggles up in my arms. I'm thrilled.

Unexpectedly, Diego begins to murmur the song. It is a light sound, almost a whisper, but there is pleasure in that sound. There is love. During several songs, Diego continues to whisper and his voice gets a little stronger. Me, Diego and Dimash are now in a bubble of energy and music. Golden, Daybreak, Ogni Pietra. Molihua. A story of pain, but also of love and sacrifice. My parents sacrificed themselves for love. Jasmine too. Because sometimes that is what those who love need to do. At that moment, I feel immense sadness.

The time stops. Dimash is looking directly at me. There is a sadness in his eyes that hurts my heart. Will it be mine? Diego looks up, looks into my eyes and says my name. It is a wobbly sound, but full of life. And I feel split in two: Dimash's sadness is like a knife in my heart, while Diego's voice is like a cool spring breeze.

Suddenly, the bubble breaks. I feel like I'm falling into an abyss. Dimash is gone. I don't feel it again, our connection is gone. I almost fell to the ground. Mukhtar notices and supports me. The concert ends and it's time to go. Diego is talking. Not without difficulty, it was so many years in that painful silence. But he is here, now. He is happy. Mukhtar is amazed. He don't know how it all happened. How can I explain? I won't even try.

Part Five

The concert was two days ago. Today is going to be Diego's first speech therapy session. He's excited. It is like the seed that suddenly breaks its shell and stretches its first green leaves towards the sun. It is like a flower that blooms right in front of me. Today he made me go out and buy a huge amount of flowers to put in the room. He said he wanted to feel his mother's presence. Mukhtar stopped by the hotel and took him to lunch. He wanted me to go, but I have something very important that I need to do.

I didn't see Dimash after the concert. All this strange behavior from Dimash is making me confused. I decided to go to his room. And if I have to, I will camp at his door until he answers me. I want to know what's going on. I find out that he's in a meeting. He sends me a message, asking me to go back to my room, saying he will meet me there.

I've been sitting here for an hour when he knock on the door. Dimash is right there in front of me. I ask him to come in. The door closes, but nothing happens. Dimash doesn't look at me. He's looking out the window, as if looking for something.

- I think we need to talk.

- Of course we do. I want to know what's going on with you. With us. You are deliberately keeping me away, cutting off our connection since we arrived in Brazil. I figured that coming here I could show you a little bit of my life, the things I like, but it seems like you really want to keep me away.

I speak in one breath. He hears everything still looking out the window. What is he thinking?

- I've been thinking about that. The meeting I was in was about a partnership with some Kazakh composers. It is a good proposal and everyone wants to start immediately. So, I must return to Kazakhstan tomorrow morning.

- Tomorrow morning?

- Yes. And I think you should stay here. Diego needs you. I am already providing a fund to pay for his treatment and for his first expenses here in Brazil. Mukhtar told me that there is a good chance that he will fully recover his ability to speak. He will accompany all of Diego's treatment and recovery. I'm glad. And since I will be in Kazakhstan on this project, I will not need an interpreter. But don't worry, you'll still get paid as usual.

I lean on the chair so I don't fall. I cannot understand what is happening. Why doesn't he look at me?

- And is that what I am? An interpreter?

Dimash turns to me. Your eyes are cold. Unrecognizable.

- Of course not. You are a very important person in my life. But we haven't had any more visions, have we? Why don't you get a rest? A vacation.

We both stood there, looking at each other. We are two meters from each other, but I feel like two hundred kilometers. I've never felt so distant from him.

- Vacation? I don't need a vacation. I am grateful that you are creating conditions for Diego to settle down and recover. He's a very special boy. But I don't need you to keep paying me a salary. I have always supported myself. I was a highly sought after professional before becoming your "interpreter".

I will not be able to appear calm for much more time. My body hurts as if I were being tortured in those machines that pull the body to pieces. I need him to leave immediately.

- Well, if that's what you wanted to tell me, it's already said. Now I need to get ready, I'm going to have lunch with Diego and Mukhtar. I wouldn't want to be late. I hope your trip goes well. And I wish you a lot of success in your project.

My voice is about to fail. If I say another word, I won't be able to control the emotion. Dimash looked back at the window. Suddenly, he turns around, nods and leaves. The door closes just in time. I collapse on the couch and cry for hours.

The next day, when I wake up, he's already gone. There is a knock on the door. I open it and it's a delivery for me. A small arrangement of jasmine. No card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Notes

To see the version of Molihua - Jasmine - Dimash and Wu Tong https://youtu.be/YqGCa4GB-8Q

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 78 22
It seems like just yesterday I was saved. Not knowing what to do next or where I should go. Little by little I had to find my way and put together...
207 0 35
"If you leave me, I'll find you in a heartbeat. If you test me, I'll give you a reason why not too. So I would advise you not to go against me, or yo...
492K 17.7K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
2.2K 47 8
Who would've known that you would become Satoru Gojo's entire world only to walk out of his life without explanation? That day forever haunts him and...