The Dragon King (Acnologia X...

By TheScreamingEgg

I had this crazy idea to combine my ideas, so this is Acnologia X OC mixed with Papalogia AU mixed with Matin... More

Chapter One ~ When it began
Chapter Two ~ This We Vow
Chapter Three ~ The Dragon King Festival
Chapter Four ~ Anna Heartfilia
Chapter Five ~ X377
Chapter Six ~ Zero
Chapter Seven ~ Mavis and Zeref met in August
Chapter Nine ~ Laxus Dreyar

Chapter Eight ~ Third Master Makarov

508 17 0
By TheScreamingEgg

Acnologia was at the end of his rope.

Over the years Fairy Tail had gained many new members and become much louder and more destructive.

Personally he blamed Makarov, ever since the boy had started to gain a name for himself and his team (which included August) more and more wizards had been coming out of the wood works to join.

It was starting to become too much so Acnologia implemented a rule, no one can join unless a guild member vouches for them, although that didn't prevent Ivan from joining.

The little terror was Makarov's son and practically born a member but there was just something about him that put even Acnologia on edge.

Which is why he avoided the boy like the plague. 

(anyway) One day Acnologia just had enough.

Makarov had returned from yet another job that left a town in ruins and was drinking at the bar when Acnologia approached him.

"So why did you destroy a town this time?" Acnologia asked.

"Feh" the forty year old scoffed "Some punks were bad mouthing Fairy Tail, i had to show them what's what" he stated  firmly standing behind his decision.

Acnologia took in a deep breath closing his eyes and counting to ten so he wouldn't blow up the guild hall.

"Right then" he decided and grabbing Makarov and dragging him along as he also grabbed August and dragged them both to the basement.

"Hey let me go!" Makarov yelled struggling in vain while August just calmly let himself be dragged away.

"So why are you taking us to the basement?" August asked.

"I've had it with your destruction, if i hear one more person whining about a destroyed house that will be the least of their worries so i've decided it's about time you learned about responsibility Makarov" Acnologia growled glaring at the shorter man.

"I ain't scared! Do your worst old man!" Makarov yelled still struggling in vain.

"So why am i coming along?" August asked.

"Believe me Makarov is gonna need all the help he can get and you're the best person for it" Acnologia said.

"Help with what?" Makarov asked before they came to a stop at a particular door, Acnologia dropped him down and let go of August before stepping over to the door.

"I've actually been thinking about this for a while" Acnologia muttered as he unlocked the door before pushing it open.

Makarov and August looked away from the light before it died down and looked back.

Makarov was completely shell shocked.

August didn't seem to have a reaction at all, like he had known about this all along.

"This is Lumen Histoire, also known as Fairy Heart and as Mavis, the reason why i'm showing you this is i'm naming you as third master Makarov" Acnologia said.

"Wait a minute! You can't be serious! August would be a much better master then me!" Makarov protested.

"I'm completely serious" Acnologia said shutting the door and turning to the two men.

"Technically speaking you're both the third master but you can't have two masters, so officially you're the master, Makarov" he said looking at the shorter man.

"August, being guild master is a heavy responsibility, i have no doubt you'd handle that magnificently but this is a lesson for Makarov, i'm asking you to help only when needed" he said turning to the taller blonde.

"I understand" August nodded, though a little sullen, he wanted to be master though he did understand that Makarov needed to learn responsibility and that lesson was something he agreed his friend needed dearly.

Makarov was still in shock about the whole thing.

~~~~~

It was a slow adjustment for Makarov, being guild master was harder then he thought but thanks to August's help he eventually made it work.

Acnologia found himself with a lot more free time which he mostly spent on mission and away from the guild hall as much as possible.

Until Makarov called him back for a special occasion, the birth of his grandson in X761.

Acnologia (in his dragon form) landed in a thud at the back of the Fairy Tail guild hall before quickly shifting into his human form and walking in long strides over to Makarov.

"Why did you call me back?" he asked the shorter man.

Makarov broke out into a grin "I'm a granddad!" he cheered.

Acnologia was mildly surprised, he never imagined Ivan would find someone willing to tolerate him let alone love him.

That is IF they did, he wouldn't put it past Ivan to ... not that he wished that on anyone so despite his nature he was being optimistic that all parties were willing.

"Congratulations or whatever, if that's all I'll be getting back to my mission" he grumpily muttered and turned away.

"Now hold on you have to at least see him first" Makarov said.

Acnologia sighed turning back to him "And why is that?" he asked with a lifted brow.

"Just come on!" Makarov grinned using his titan magic to grab Acnologia and drag him inside.

And while both knew the dragon slayer could easily brake out of his hold Acnologia merely sighed admitting defeat.

"You know you're just like your father sometimes" the dragon slayer said, but it went unheard by Makarov as he continued to drag Acnologia along.

~~~~~

Acnologia was let go of once he and Makarov reached the Fairy Tail infirmary, which was held right below the guild hall, below that was the storage area and below that was Fairy Heart.

"Acno come meet my grandson" Makarov was all smiles as he approached one bed.

On it laid a young woman, brown hair and stormy grey eyes, holding a small bundle, she seemed sickly, like she could keel over at any moment.

"Acno this is Nettie, Nettie meet Acnologia or as you may know him the Dragon King" Makarov said introducing the two.

"And in that bundle she's holding is little Laxus" the old man smiled cooing at his grandson as he slept in his mothers arms.

"I've heard much about you, consider me a fan" Nettie said with a small giggle as she watched Makarov make faces at her son.

Acnologia was confused and surprised, he knows the rumors about him were hardly anything positive "How so?" he asked, his curiosity getting the better of him.

"Because you once saved me" Nettie smiled.

Acnologia tired to think back to when but he had been on so many missions over the years they just kinda muddled together so he couldn't recall many details about a specific one.

Although there was that one time when he ran into Perch or whatever his name was.

Acnologia shrugged it off with a muttering of you're welcome to Nettie which seemed to satisfy her well enough and then she asked him to hold the baby.

"Do you wanna hold Laxus?" she had asked.

"Oh i don't know if that's such a good id-" Makarov cut himself off as Acnologia gave him a glare. 

"Sure" the dragon slayer shrugged and stepped closer as he gently took the small baby in his arms.

Right away Acnologia could tell the small and fragile boy held incredible magical potential and that something big would be in his future.

"I'm worried though, little Laxus was born a bit too early" Nettie said expressing her concerns.

"I wouldn't worry, he's strong in the ways that count" Acnologia told her.

"Thank you" Nettie smiled, Acnologia merely nodded in reply he could hear her heart beats dying down "I'd like to ask a favor" she said.

"I'm listening" Acnologia replied still holding Laxus in his arms.

"Look after him, please?" Nettie asked laying back taking in deep breaths in a vain attempt to keep her heart beating.

Acnologia glanced at the baby in his arms and looked back to Nettie as he nodded.

"Thank you" Nettie thanked him again with a smile before her eyes closed and her heart stopped.

(A/N: Sooo as i was writing i grew kinda attached to Nettie, well the ideas that spawned off her character, but i am not throwing those away (even though i killed her off) i just feel they'll be used better in a different book, maybe i'll put a link to it here (cause they are sorta related) when i get around to writing it)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 53 12
What if Natsu was raised Igneel as well as Acnologia ? What if Natsu didn't have an outgoing Personality ? What if Lucy was raised by a dragon as wel...
65.7K 1.4K 28
I've been reading a lot of stories of Sting X Reader X Natsu, or Sting X Reader, or Natsu X Reader, and have had a lot of inspiration. So that's wher...
810K 16.3K 43
Lucy gets a feeling that she wants to do something different so she goes in a mission alone. No body knows that Natsu has just started his mating sea...
14.2K 295 55
"Oops, my baby, you woke up in my bed. Oops, we broke up, we're better off as friends. Now I accidentally need you, I don't know what to do. Oops, ba...