Hey Adora (Catradora)

By BlueRoyals13

Adora is the most popular student at Bright Moon High, despite being a transfer from the delinquent slums of... More

The friend who left
Detention
Bright Moon
Fireworks
Gym Class Blues
Dance?
Turmoil
Mara
One on one
Y'ALL LISTEN UP
Double Trouble Causing... Well... Trouble
Party
Catra...
Rage
Drunk Driving
Huntara's Crew
Please read
Maybe?
I'm not on crack, I swear
Walmart Racers
Target Run and Done
UPDATE YOU ALL
And Thats How I Got Here
The Park
Well would you look at that?
A/N Important new update about Shera

Baby it's violence

1.9K 55 41
By BlueRoyals13

Catra POV
__________

Catra tightened the strings of her black hoodie as she strolled down the halls of Bright Moon High. Her messy brown hair was hidden by the sweatshirt's hood.

Her gaze was glued to the floor, trying to be invisible to everyone. Watching her black converse sneakers connect with the floor repeatedly became hypnotizing. Maybe it was the weed making her so dazed.

It was definitely the weed.

The thud that the shoes made when colliding with the tiles made Catra awe in wonder. It was so peaceful...

Until she ran right into someone.

"Hey! Watch it!" They protested.

Catra looked up to see a blonde jock in a letterman glaring down at her. Her eyes widened, Adora.

Adora groaned in annoyance "Catra." She hissed in visible distaste. Her arms defensively crossed.

Catra couldn't speak, her mouth felt glued shut. Adora looked so hot in her jacket, and her blonde hair looked so silky smooth- even with the dumb puff. Her cheeks flamed red, getting warm.

The lockers around them felt like they were closing in, and Catra became afraid of the extreme emotions inside her.

"Yeah whatever, Princess. I would've seen your dumb hair poof a mile away if I wasn't staring at the ground" Catra muttered, snapping back at the jock.

Adora's hands tightened around her backpack, knuckles turning white. She growled and uttered something about not having time for this before brushing past Catra and walking away.

"Yeah, well later loser!" The brunette called after the blonde, cheeks burning.

After she was sure the jock was out of sight, Catra slammed her fist into a locker out of rage.

'Stupid stupid feelings' she thought angrily. 

*******

Catra stepped in homeroom just as the bell rang. Mrs. Shadow Weaver glared knives at her. Ignoring the hate, Catra chose a seat in the back of the class. She was trying not to glance at Adora; who was arm wrestling a boy named Sea Hawk.

"Ha!" Adora cheered as she slammed his arm down. He looked crestfallen as Adora stood up on her chair and cheered,  her mocking making a scene. People giggled at her weirdness.

Catra blushed.

"Hey kitten" a voice beside her said, startling her.

Double Trouble, Catra's sort-of friend, sat on top her desk, crossing their legs and blinking with grace.  They looked down in amusement.

"I know your character, kitten- I know that look" They told her, head leaning to the side for flair.

Double Trouble looked at Adora, then back at Catra, raising an eyebrow. They opened their hand as if cupping the blossom of a rose, then squeezed shut. Imaginary petals fluttered to the ground, but Catra could almost see them as plain as day.

"Seems like she hates you at the moment, darling. But I think we can work on that"

Catra tensed up and defensively pushed DT off the desk.
"I don't like her!" She whispered yelled, face bright red.

"CATRA!" Shadow Weaver yelled,
"Detention!"

DT grinned snakelike, placing their hand on their heart.

"Oh kitten, so much emotional friction going on inside"

Catra sometimes really hated her friends.

Double Trouble stood up, brushing imaginary dirt off their clothes. '

'Extremely fashionable clothes' Catra thought, taking in the stylish white Italian tux tucked into DT's black skirt. The white suit hung down to their waist, while the inner shirt was tightly tucked under a belted black skirt.

In turn, Catra stared down at her own clothes. It was alright, she supposed. A baggy black hoodie from Horde High, and skinny black jeans with faded thighs and rips. A leather belt clung to her waist, chains hanging from it down to her mid thigh.

Catra wore a hoodie most of the time to hide her eyes. They were two different colors, blue and yellow; making her a target by other teens.

A loud bang startled Catra, making her whip her head to look for the cause of the noise.

Bow, Glimmer, Adora, and Sea Hawk were piled on the floor, on top a now broken desk. They laughed hysterically, tears strolling down their eyes as they attempted to untangle their limbs.

"Adora! My child, what happened?!" Shadow Weaver exclaimed in panic and shock.

Adora hiccuped, trying to compose her laughter to give an explanation.

"The desk was wobbly- hahahah and we- hahahahaha decided to-"
Adora choked, bursting into uncontrollable laughter, trying to breathe. She couldn't speak, her face was bright red.

Shadow Weaver rushed over, pulling Bow and Glimmer off Adora.
"Sea Hawk! You're squishing poor Adora!" She yelled.

Sea Hawk whimpered but sprang up, hiding behind Mermista.

Adora couldn't even stand, the tears kept coming. She clutched her stomach, ab muscles burning from all the laughter. But she still continued.

Finally she forced out the last words,
"So we wanted to see what would happen if we played jenga with the desk, except adding people. We got to four because Sea Hawk's too fat!"

The class roared at the situation, it was just too funny that even Shadow Weaver didn't know how to respond.

Sea Hawk frowned.

"I am not fat" he pouted.

"You are too!" Adora exclaimed in delight, throwing her head back in amusement.

Catra felt her insides drop, Adora and her used to be close like that.

They both used to go to Horde High, in the slummy part of Etheria. It was filled with gang violence, drugs and poverty. But the two girls had each other, nothing could hurt them. They lived in the same worn down orphanage, finding warmth in each other's company.

That was, until the staff of the Bright Moon came in one day looking for kids with potential. They had a shelter for homeless teens and children without parents, and offered education at Bright Moon High.

Of course, Shadow Weaver delighted in Adora, convincing the rest of the staff that she was the only viable candidate showing great potential for Bright Moon.

"Don't go..." Catra had begged Adora.

"Don't you see Catra? I've got to take this opportunity! I can't keep stealing to survive, it's wrong!"

Catra watched Adora choose Bright Moon, leaving her alone in the Horde Orphanage. It stung, Catra cried every night until she couldn't possibly anymore. Her heart was shattered, hardening into something she couldn't explain.

A few years later, Catra finally had the opportunity to go to Bright Moon, but choosing to remain living at the Horde Orphanage while attending in bitter stubbornness.

At first, Adora was over-joyed to see her childhood friend. But Catra's heart was stone cold, scarred over from the betrayal.

All attempts Adora made to talk to her was shot down, and Catra made it clear that they were enemies. She immediately befriended anyone who rivaled Adora, rubbing it in her face that she absolutely hated her guts.

That's how it had been for all of 11th grade, now it was their senior year.

Catra's heart was melting, but it was too late.

Adora already hated her back.

Besides, after everything Catra had done to purposely hurt Adora, she knew she had burned whatever bridge that could've led to their friendship.

It tore Catra inside. She fucked everything up.

"Hey," Double Trouble said sympathetically, reading the emotions on her face. "Screw Adora, if you don't want to try and fix things with her, I'm sure I can find you a girlfriend"

They placed their hand on Catra's shoulder, looking her in the eyes.

"But Kitten, you should know it's not too late. Adora has a soft spot for you, darling. We can help remind her of that side. Oh this is such a tragedy! Two almost-lovers torn away by pride and tension!"

Catra sputtered and slapped DT's hand off her shoulder.

"Almost lovers?!" She choked.

DT grinned ear to ear, amused by her reaction.

Catra felt her face go red, and she scowled.

"Shut up, I hate you. I don't like Adora, I'm her enemy. She left me, I'm better without her"

DT sighed, disappointed.

They stood at the bell and gathered their stuff while Catra sat, glaring into the space in front of her.

Fuck this.

_________________

First chapter yeeyee I hope y'all enjoyed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 7.2K 53
what will happen to ayasha (🐢) after their marriage contract with mikael (🦊) ended? Knowing that she's pregnant with the billionaire? This story a...
788K 47.4K 119
Y/N L/N is an enigma. An outgoing, cheerful, smiley teenage boy. Happy, sociable, excitable. A hidden gem in the rough of Japan's younger soccer pl...
732K 20K 74
α€™α€„α€Ία€Έα€Ÿα€¬ α€œα€°α€žα€¬α€Έα€α€½α€±α€€α€­α€―α€€α€šα€Ία€α€„α€Ία€”α€±α€α€²α€·α€†α€›α€¬α€α€”α€Ία€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€±α€™α€šα€·α€Ία€€α€­α€―α€šα€·α€Ία€‘α€α€½α€€α€Ία€α€±α€¬α€· α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€α€½α€±α€€α€―α€žα€•α€±α€Έα€™α€šα€·α€Ί α€‘α€α€»α€…α€Ία€’α€±α€«α€€α€Ία€α€¬α€™α€œα€±α€Έα€•α€«..... #စဝ်ခ...
1.4M 32.1K 60
In which Daniel Ricciardo accidentally adds a stranger into his F1 group chat instead of Carlos Sainz.