Abyss of Fire (Finished)

By JagPanther44

A soldier from the grim dark of the 41st Millennium dies in servitude to his god, The Emperor of Mankind. His... More

Glory in Death
Stranger of the Leaf
Tale of Horrors
War Hound [ Gore Warning ]
A Sobering Truth
Vital Question
Power of a Name
The Reaper (Warning)
A Broken Soul
Konoha Executioner (Warning⚠️)
The Reaper vs The Hound
A Dog to Heel
Blood Bath (Warning)
Reaper of Souls
Slaughterhouse
The Reaper meets a Sannin
The Four Rivals
Hellfire [Warning]
Bane of the Mist [Warning]
Partners in Crime
Authors Note
These Colors Don't Run
Martyr No More
A Saints Arrival
War in the Mist [Warning]
Savior in Midnight Clad
Ave Dominus Nox
Voting Time [Closed]
Two Kings
Thank You
Devil Unleashed [Warning ⚠️]
Welcome Home
Feral Blossom
Raijin Sensei
Crimson Gaze
Brothers in Arms
Snake vs Reaper [Warning]
King Kobura
Wolves of Humanity
Invite from a Goddess ⚠️
Preliminaries Begin
A Lesson in Fear ⚠️
Bearers of the Word
A Serpents Wrath
On the Prowl ⚠️
Wills of Iron
Cheers my Friends
A Coat of Red
Imperialis Konoha ⚠️
Snake Hunt
March of the Dead Men
Authors Note

Assassination Attempt

2.8K 71 17
By JagPanther44

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the art involved in this story, they belong to their respective owners and franchises. All I own is my OC.

Mizukage Office: Hidden Mist Village

   Currently, Mei Terumī was sitting at her desk, going through the various mounds of paperwork that it seems all village leaders must endure. Fortunately a knock at the office door broke her from the vicious cycle.
   "Enter." She calls to the person on the other side of the door, when it opens she has to hold back her gasp of shock at the state of Chōjūrō, whom she sent on the second mission to capture Raijin Krieg. Obviously upon arriving back to the village he came directly to her office, as he was covered in gashes and cuts.
  "What happened?" The words leave her mouth with a somber tone behind them, it was obvious what happened but she wanted to make sure.
  "He... He slaughtered us, he challenged me to a fight... I lost. His wager was that if I won, he would come back to the village peacefully, but if I lost I would have to walk away and let him kill the others. We did not allow this to happen, but he hunted us down anyways... Mizukage, Mei, we need to send a message to Konoha and respectfully ask that this 'Raijin' be a representative for the Leaf. Because the council keeps forcing you to send shinobi to their deaths trying to capture him." Mei sighs loudly to herself, 'the damn council', she thinks to herself about the elders that demand she have Raijin captured and brought in as a prisoner, 'to show strength', they say every time there is a meeting. Simple matter of fact, is that he has killed all the shinobi they have sent against him, besides the one ANBU he damaged for life and allowed said ANBU to live. Reaching for a blank piece of paper she begins to write down the request for a official shinobi representative group from Konoha to be sent, so that they may speak about the current standings between both villages. She honestly hopes she can establish better relations and perhaps finally see this Raijin Krieg for the first time, not just the one picture they have or the accounts of survivors. Taking a few more minutes to write the letter, she lets the ink dry before sealing it.
   "Have this sent directly to Konoha, should the council get their hands on this letter it will spell doom. They must not know of this until I deem it necessary." Chōjūrō nods, taking the letter he leaves the room quickly, leaving Mei to her thoughts as she looks over the other mountains of paperwork in front of her. She honestly did not know what would happen when the representatives from Konoha arrived, but she would rather have a party of representatives than more lives lost because the old council members are still reminiscing of glory days.

Hokage Mansion: Hidden Leaf Village, Three days later

  Looking down at the letter in front of him, the Hokage was honestly surprised that the Mizukage of the Hidden Mist would want a representative team of shinobi sent to speak of relations between the two nations. He honestly believed this letter was created because of the number of shinobi killed by Raijin within the past two months, the reason he did not retaliate was because he knew that the Mizukage did not wish for the deaths of said shinobi, but the councilors she had were war-hawks he could imagine. Looking up from the letter he would smirk at seeing who was allowed to enter his office, none other than Raijin Krieg stood before him. The young man had obviously cleaned up before coming to him, as he was in a different uniform and wasn't wearing his mask.
  "What have you to report, my young friend?" Hiruzen takes a puff from his pipe, waiting for Raijin to deliver his report as he usually does.
   "Sir, the mission was a success. The Iwagakure missing nin were eliminated along with their bandit counterparts, however, after eliminating them a blue toned man wearing a black jacket with red clouds appeared before me." This immediately caught Hiruzen's attention as the grip on his pip tightened.
  "He offered me a place in their organization, the 'Akatsuki' they are called, I refused him and left the area quickly. Later on while I was traveling back to the village, I was set upon by ANBU and other shinobi of the Hidden Mist Village." The Hokage looks down at the letter, a grimace coming to his face as he had to ask the next question.
  "What did you do to these shinobi, Raijin?" Raijin seems to stand a bit straighter as he reports his actions.
  "Sir, I hunted down and killed all but one of them. The one I let live carried a sword on him and I beat him in a one on one fight, but his teammates interfered and that is when I began hunting them down." A deep sigh comes from the older man as he sets the letter down and look at Raijin.
  "The Hidden Mist Village has sent a formal letter, detailing that they want a shinobi representative team to talk with their Mizukage and establish a way to better relations. I want you on that time, not only a sign of goodwill but also of strength, to show them who it is they are afraid of. You will be traveling with Kurenai, Might Guy, Asuma and Kakashi, as I would not want any genin to go on such an important mission." Hiruzen notices one of Raijin's brow raise in question, and he knew what was gonna be asked.
  "Sir, I'm not a Jōnin or even a Chūnin yet." A mirthful chuckle comes from the old man as he pushes forth a card, Raijin walks closer and picks the card up. The card is an identification card with Raijin's name, height, weight, blood type, village of origin and lastly his rank classification, 'Jōnin'. Looking at the old man, a chuckle comes forth as Hiruzen nods respectfully to him.
  "Congratulations on your promotion, Jōnin Krieg." He can tell that a question is brewing behind Raijin's green eyes and decides to answer him.
  "While you were away on mission, I took the liberty of conversing with the other clan heads and Jōnin within the village. The decision was unanimous to have you receive a field promotion to Jōnin, the only ones who insisted you still partake in the final stages of the Chūnin exams were Hiashi Hyuga and Inoichi Yamanaka, however it was explained to them that someone of your skill would treat the exams like a game. Tsume Inuzuka practically threatened to fight both of them, as they said some rather unflattering things about your behavior while on missions." Even though it was fleeting, Hiruzen swears he could see some light of affection come across the young mans face at the mention of the older clan matriarch.
  "Do I have permission to be dismissed, sir?" A chuckle comes from the old man.
  "Yes, you are dismissed Raijin. The team that is going to be sent to Kirigakure won't leave until a few days from now, take the time to rest and train if you have the time." A simple nod of respect from Raijin is received before the younger man leaves the room, leaving the older Hokage to ponder everything he reported.

Streets of Konoha

  Despite the fact it was getting later in the day, Raijin went for a walk of the village as he usually does when the sun starts to set. He was walking down various streets when he felt he was being watched, and not with the usual stares and glances he would receive from the villagers, but something more akin to malice. Slowly he would unsling his rifle from his shoulder and make ready, he stopped dead in his tracks as various Konoha shinobi appeared from the shadows and surrounded him, none of them he recognized or knew.
  "Your constant protecting of the brat has gone on long enough, and you presence is no longer welcome in this village." One fo the shinobi states as he makes himself known as the leader of the group.
  "The Hokage and other Jōnin would say otherwise." A scoff comes from the lead shinobi, along with various laughs from the others.
  "That old fool is no longer cognoscente of what is going on in this village, he needs to be replaced. Maybe getting rid of you and that brat will see to it." Killing intent washed over all of them and made some do them cough because of how potent it seemed, the clicking sound of Raijin's las gun being placed on fire from safety could be heard.
  "That is treason, admitting you plan to do such deeds makes you all traitors. All traitors must die!" Raising his las gun, Raijin sends a bolt of energy flying towards the leader, the power of the bolt blows a hole through the mans stomach and sends melted flesh and offal falling to the village street. The sound of the las gun was loud enough to alert any other shinobi throughout the entire village, so the traitors knew they had mere seconds to run away or attack, seeing as how they had no other option as they would be labeled rogue nin either way, they launched themselves at Raijin. Raijin fired his las gun and dodged various strikes from the traitor shinobi, he had no idea things would come this far but he had no choice. One by one the rogue nin fell to his las gun, reinforcements arrived in the wake of Kakashi, Kurenai, Asuma and various other shinobi. Besides his former sensei, the other Jōnin and shinobi were outright surprised by the carnage Raijin left in his wake. Kurenai looked on in shock as Raijin extracted his serrated bayonet from the chest of one of the traitors. The other traitors, realizing their situation, threw down their weapons and fell to their knees.
  "What the hell is going on here?!" Asuma yells, the usually laid back Jōnin enraged at the sight before him.
  "These traitors attempted to kill me." The voice of Raijin reaches them as he aims his las gun at the traitors. Many of the shinobi look on in disgust at the traitors on their knees, Kakashi himself walks up to Raijin's right and talks to him.
  "We only need one alive to interrogate, kill all but one." A snap of his fingers and four shinobi come to standby in case any of the traitors attempt to run. Kurenai, who is usually one to allow judgement to be passed by the Hokage stays silent. Before much else can happen, various other Jōnin and shinobi arrive on the scene, many look on in shock at the bodies laying in the street, do to the state of their bodies being outright mutilated by Raijin's weapon. Many stand aside as the Hokage himself arrives on scene with ANBU bodyguards.
  "What happened here, Raijin?" The man of Krieg does not turn away from the traitors as he relays to the Hokage.
  "These men made an attempt on my life, and said that you were no longer fit for your position and needed to be replaced. They are traitors, sir." Hiruzen stares harshly at the men on their knees, smoke almost seeming to billow from his pipe in rage.
  "Ibiki will take care of you all." Looks of pure fear come across the faces of the traitors, one opens his mouth to speak but in mere seconds he no longer has a head as Raijin sends a las bolt through his head, turning into molten flesh.
  "Traitors have no right to speak in their defense, the Hokage said you will be sent to Ibiki, and to Ibiki you will be sent. Take them away!" His growled voice shouts as various shinobi subdue and start dragging the traitors away. Turning to the Hokage, he nods respectfully to the old man whom returns the nod of respect.
  "Everyone, return to your homes and to your posts. The rogue nin have been subdued, and they will be interrogated, dismissed." With the words from the Hokage, the shinobi besides the various Jōnin disperse. Raijin gives a silent nod to the other Jōnin before leaping up to the rooftops, intent on finally going to his destination. All of them watch him leave including the Hokage and his ANBU guards.
  "He sure is an interesting fellow, I'll say that." Asuma says while lighting up a cigarette, which earns him a glare from Kurenai who doesn't like that he smokes.
   "That he is, my son. However, I highly doubt any of us wish he was anything else." Asuma chuckles, agreeing with his father. Kakashi nods his head in agreement with the Hokage, much like the loud mouthed blond on his team, Raijin brought an entirely different element to the village. Naruto was a loud mouth but he was courageous and willing to do anything for the village, despite everything the villagers and even shinobi have done to him. Raijin on the other hand was a stone cold professional killer, but he wasn't one to be swayed by money or power, he was loyal to a fault and it was obvious he'd never turn his back on Konoha unless absolutely forced to. Kurenai could only smile sadly at her own thoughts, Raijin had been on her team for a month, and already he had been field promoted to Jōnin, despite that she was still prideful of the fact he was apart of her team before his promotion.

Inuzuka Compound

   Tsume was pacing back in forth near the front door into their home at the Inuzuka compound, her partner Kuromaru kept her from rushing off into the village, they had heard the sounds of the las gun but when they fell silent is when she had become afraid that something had happened. She also stayed back to make sure that Kiba didn't run off to check on his pack mate, despite the fact he was technically no longer apart of the team. A knock at the door made her jump, as she was too engrained in her thoughts. Walking to the door she opened it and nearly jumped on the man standing there, Raijin stood in the light of the doorway and stared at her with a small smirk.
  "May I come in?" Tsume has to slightly shake her head, so she can reorient herself.
  "Sure, come in." She moves aside and allows him to enter the home, walking beside him they go to the kitchen where she has a bottle of sake and two drinking cups sitting on the table. Both of them sitting down at the table she fills both glasses with sake, she almost chuckles when Raijin looks at the glass oddly before downing the rice wine liquor in one gulp with no reaction at all.
   "Has a slight burning feeling, but tastes fine to me." Tsume actually laughs at his statement, the fact he never drank sake before yet was able to down a whole cup with no reaction was priceless. Raising her own cup she starts to drink her sake, enjoying this little moment.
  "I came here to accept your offer." Coughing would be too nice of a word to use for what Tsume experienced, she felt like she actually drank the sake into her lungs with his words and now she was fighting to breath again. Standing from his seat, Raijin walked over and placed a hand on her back and other directly on her chest, which made her blush immensely as he gently patted her back to help clear her lungs. After a few more seconds of coughing she was able to catch her breath, to her disappointment Raijin moved his hands away. Looking up at him she gave him a questioning gaze, trying to decipher if he was serious or not.
  "You mean, you're willing to join my clan." A nod from Raijin makes her feel like she wants to faint on the spot, 'stop being hormonal, he's not yours yet', she scolds herself.
  "I realized that because I'm the only one of my people in this land, that it would be better to find those that I can trust. You and your clan are the first that come to mind, would you be willing to allow me into your clan?" A bright smile comes across Tsume's face as she stands from her seat.
  "Yes, I would be very willing to allow you into the clan." She pulls him into a hug which surprises him at first, but to her surprise he returns the hug and is a lot less awkward about it unlike before. Unknown to Raijin, he just boosted the power of the Inuzuka clan within the village immensely by Tsume accepting him into the clan, 'Raijin Krieg-Inuzuka, has a nice ring to it', Raijin thinks to himself while both of them still hug each other, sitting around the corner hidden from both of them, Kiba is silently fist pumping the air at the news that Raijin will be apart of the clan from now on. Even amongst the Inuzuka clan itself the Kriegsman had a name for himself, as he was the only one to have beaten Tsume in a fight and the fact he didn't demand anything from her boosted the level of respect he had from the other clan members. The power dynamic amongst the clans shifted greatly within one night, hopefully nothing drastic would come of it, but time would tell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 93 8
Death and destruction. That's what plagued this universe. A massive war ravaged all of reality and the last one survivor. The last human. The one who...
75.7K 1.6K 16
A once powerful martial artist face his final opponent. A god with the proof that mortals could beat gods, but when he was about to finish the god he...
43.5K 1.4K 20
I woke up in a galaxy at war in a body that doesn't belong to me, I don't understand how it happened, but I'm in the body of a Necron Overlord in a c...
2.3M 30.5K 49
A young man died. He got reincarnated by the Supreme God and now he needs to help save the universe! Nothing's mine besides the Story, I guess.