𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐇𝐞�...

By shaylawrites128

"i got patience, ma" roddy stated. "i ain't goin nowhere" More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
20.
21.
22.
23.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37. 1 year later
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43. 5 Months later
44. after the birth
45.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54. Appreciation
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
73.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
83.
84.
85.
86.
88.
89.
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️
90.
91.
92.
93.
94. time skip
95.
how to love - pop smoke
96.
97.
98.
99.
S O N É T
100.
101.
102.
103.
104.
105.
106.
107.
im stuck
108.
109.
110.
one in a million - Toosii2x
111. 3 months later
112.
113.
114.
115.
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔.
SECOND ACCOUNT & NEW BOOK

87.

1.2K 86 1
By shaylawrites128

~ Rodrick Moore ~
~ Compton, California ~

"you sure you gon be straight?" i sighed holding onto my moms hand as she laid in her hospital bed hooked to a lot of IV's and shit.

this shit break me every second.

"Rodrick. you need to go home and be with your family baby" she brought her hand up fixing my hair. "you leave for tour in 5 hours"

"i get that ma, but-"

"no buts" she shook her head. "Vanessa needs you with her as long as she can get you. you need to go home with your family"

"you are my family, mama"

"baby i know it's hard seeing me here.. but i'm good. i promise" she lifted my chin. "you have your own family to worry about. if you wanna make me happy, go be with them" she explained.

"ion wanna miss any second wit you, ma" i shook my head feeling my eyes start to tear up again. "ion wanna see you go"

"i won't baby. and even if i do, you can't sit around and mope all day everyday. you have a son and a daughter to take care of. and you have a beautiful ass wife who needs you" she sat up. "promise me you gon always put them before anything"

"i would but against you? especially when your dying?"

"Rodrick your son's learning how to walk AGAIN. you needa be there helping him. i can hold my own. kenny needs you and Vanessa"

"mama"

"go. and tell kenny i believe in him" i stood up. "i love you, Rodrick. but what id love even more, is for you to be with your family and being the father i know you can be"

"i'll be back as soon as this tour's over. i promise" i leaned down giving her a hug.

"no rush, baby" she rubbed my back. "i love you"

"i love you too, mama"

-

the drive home sucked ass. i tried to get in a good mood but it just wouldn't work.

my fucking mom is in the hospital fighting for her life, and my son is fighting to walk on his own.

how the hell did life turn so fucking horrible?..

i gotta get on that damn tour bus in 5 hours which means i only have a little bit with Vanessa and the kids.

i ain't wanna go on tour.. but i needed to make more money for some shit i was planning in the future for the family.

for my mom.

once i got to the house, i waited a second before seeing aaliyah run out the house and to my car with Vanessa at the door with kenny in her arms.

"hey princess" i sighed picking aaliyah up after getting out the car and locking it.

"dada!" she giggled hugging my neck making me a little bit happier.

still can't get my mind off my mom..

"mommy made dinner?" she nodded as i walked to the door seeing a smile on Kenny's face. "what you make?" i asked as she stepped back so i could get in the house.

"welll i made some chicken but i also got some more pineapple since i know you love it" she shut and locked the door behind me.

"you tryna make me stay?" i joked letting aaliyah down watching her run to the living room where her toys were.

"maybe" she smiled after i turned to her. "how'd it go?"

"ion wanna talk about it" i leaned down giving her a kiss. "you did your work today?" i asked kenny.

"yea! mommy even let me help make dinner" i smiled at his excitement.

"come on. let's try walking" Vanessa let him down holding his hand as i walked to the other side of the room. "okay baby. you wanna try by yourself?"

"yea" she nodded helping his hand for his balance until he slowly removed his hand.

"try and walk to daddy" he turned to me slowly beginning to walk my way.

"don't rush" i reassured him.

he got maybe a few feet away from me before kneeling and sitting on the floor putting his knees up.

"baby" Vanessa sighed sitting next to him.

"i'm never gonna get it!" he shook his head nuzzling it's in his knees.

"stop allat' shit" i said kneeling to him. "Kendrick Jaden Moore"

he looked up at me letting me see all his tears that hand fallen from his cheeks in less then a minute which made me even more upset seeing he really thought he would never be able to walk again.

"you been doin' so good" i wiped his tears. "you almost got to me. your making progress bub"

"no! i'm always gonna suck" Vanessa looked up at me.

"come on. we gon try again" i stood up. "we gon try and try until i leave at 8 ight?"

"Kenny" Vanessa rubbed his back. "you need to try again. or you'll never get where you want to"

"what if i don't get it?" he looked at her.

"you will. just go with daddy"

"we only got a few hours. come on" he sighed taking my hand standing back up.

i went back to where i was and kneeled down holding my hands out waiting for him.

"slow. take it slow" 

i hate seeing kenny upset. especially since it's not his fault he's like this.

"almost there" i held my arms out. he giggled excitingly making Vanessa cover her face as she smiled watching him succeed.

"look at that!" Vanessa laughed as he hugged me after making it all the way.

"i told you" i lifted his chin. "don't give up"

"thank you daddy"

my phone began to ring making me sigh at the name after pulling it out.

"yo" i answered putting it up to my ear.

"we gotta leave inna hour now. get your ass here" bird groaned on the other end.

"why? you said at 8"

"you gotta meet wit somebody early as fuck" i furrowed my eyebrows.

"who?"

"ima say allat' when you here. hurry yo ass up" he hung up.

"what?" Vanessa asked as she helping kenny walk to the couch so he could watch his favorite show.

"i gotta leave now" i stood up.

"i thought you weren't leaving until 8" she frowned as i stared down at her.

"bird said i gotta meet wit somebody early
as fuck tomorrow" i sighed. "but ima facetime you whenever i can"

"your tours are never easy" she hugged me.

"i know" i hugged her back. "but ima be back before you know it, ight?" i kissed her cheek before pulling away.

"that's all?" she crossed her arms.

"you such a baby" i chuckled lifting her chin before connecting our lips.

"i love you" she smiled leaning her forehead against mine.

"i love you too, Babymomma" she giggled. "keep that giggle"

"i will"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 1.3K 11
"Roddy, I'm scared." I looked at him intently while taking in my bottom lip nervously. His eyebrows furrowed with confusion, but soon softened after...
36.6K 889 54
Don't never let a man put his hands on uu 💯✊🏻✊🏽✊🏿. Enjoy 💛
16.3K 668 13
" 𝐈'𝐦 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 , 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧...
2.3K 203 22
"Imma ride till the wheels fall off" I tell him staring straight into his eyes "Forver my love" he says pulling me into a hug Neva imagine mi woulda...