Remnant's Favorite Spartan (N...

By nobleT45

Noble 6 was one of only two Spartans ever designated as 'Hyper Lethal.' Everyone thought he died on Reach, bu... More

Chapter 1: Lone Wolf
Chapter 2: Initiation
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: A Spartan's Honor
Chapter 5: The Grim Reaper
Part 6: Encounter
Chapter 7: Forever Falling
Chapter 8: Carter
Chapter 9: Unofficial Business
Chapter 10: Warthog Run
Chapter 11: Plans in Action
Chapter 12: Reha 'Sagam
Chapter 14: Tell me Muse...
Chapter 15: Grifball
School is a Bitch
Chapter 16: More Missions?
Chapter 17: Your AI Assistant, Gavin
Another Author's Note
Chapter 18: Down to Business
Chapter 19: The Kinda Big Decision
Votes!
Chapter 20: Wanna Tango?
Chapter 21: Reverse Invasion
Some Thoughts on RvB: Zero (Spoilers)
Plans For The Rest of This Book
Chapter 22: Rescue!
Chapter 23: No Rest, Just Action
Chapter 24: To No One's Surprise
Chapter 25: The Bastards
Why
Chapter 26: Big Bad Guys That Are Bad
Chapter 27: To a Pulp
Chapter 28: Overpowering Force
Chapter 29: The Beginning...

Chapter 13: The Whole Gang

1.7K 28 61
By nobleT45

AN: Someone pointed out something to me about the character of Gavin, and I'd like to mention that all similarities between the AI Gavin and the Rooster Teeth employee Gavin Free is PURELY COINCIDENCE. In fact, the name Gavin was a last minute change, his name was actually supposed to be Marvin, but I changed it because Gavin sounded better.

"I had a nice, cushy job as a recruiter lined up, and I gave that all up to help you guys on a different planet!" Jun yells. 

"Look, we're all together now, so how about a celebration?" I suggest. 

"After tomorrow." Carter said. 

"Right, some guy wants to see us?" Jun asks. 

"Headmaster of Beacon, school I go to. Probably just a mission." I say. 

"Right into the deep end." Jun said.

"Well, half a mile away from the deep end for you." Emile said. 

"True." Jun said as he put his sniper on the table. 

"Oh, and don't be alarmed, but we're working with an Elite." I say, and Reha comes down from the rafters and uncloaks. Jun reaches for his Sniper again, but I grab his hand. "He's a friendly, for now." 

"I am Reha 'Sagam." 

"Said he's a turncoat. So let's calm down and settle our differences, here." 

"He'll kill us all in our sleeps!" 

"Realistically, Emile would kill him first." Jorge said.

"Maybe I'll kill you instead." Emile shot back. 

"Guys!" Carter shouts as the two square up to each other. 

"Oh! Rivalry! I've always wanted to see one!" Gavin suddenly said, appearing on his disk. 

"An AI? How dare you try and replace Auntie Dot!" Jun shouts. 

"God, I hope she's doing good." I say. 

"Who is this 'Auntie Dot' you speak of?" Reha asks. 

"She was an AI that assisted us back on Reach." I explain. 

"Interesting. We never had any artificial intelligence with the Covenant. It's a shame, they sound useful." 

"They are. Anywho, we should get some shut eye before our mission." Carter orders. 

"Affirmative." We all say. We all grab a piece of wall and sit down, leaning against it and taking our helmets off. Reha tools around and climbs up the rafters, laying down on one of the intersections with extra metal. 

The morning comes and our alarms blare from our helmets. This is maths normal time I would get up for class, but I was exempt from classes for today. We all get outside, and three trucks are waiting outside. Me and Jorge take one, and the driver goes off to the bullhead ports. 

"Just like old times." Jorge said, inspecting his chain gun. 

"I guess. Normally we take pelicans, but this is good enough." I say, loading extra clips of ammo for my battle rifle. I replaced my magnum with a grenade launcher for some extra power. 

"It must have been hard, seeing us all die in front of your eyes." 

"More than anything." I say, hanging my head. "Jun made it out, I guess." 

"If you need a shoulder, I have two." 

"You've always had my back, Jorge. That won't change anytime soon." I say. We arrive at the ports and we all hop on one, flying up. It's mostly silent, as we're preparing. We arrive at the school, and walk into the main building. The moment we enter, an announcement comes on. 

"Would Noble team please report to the auditorium. Thank you." Goodwitch's voice said. 

"This way." I signal them to follow me, and I lead them to it. We pass by a large group of students changing classes, and they all part to the sides. We all had our helmets on already, so I guess this helped intimidate these poor students. Jorge was over apologizing to everyone, as they couldn't create enough room for him and his gun, so he was hitting people accidentally. We all could put our weapons on our backs or hips, so we didn't have to worry. We reach the auditorium, and it's empty, other than Ozpin and Goodwitch. They have a huge screen set up. 

"Thank you all for coming. I'm the headmaster of this school, Ozpin." 

"What's the mission?" Carter cuts to the chase. 

"Right, but I see you have an extra member." 

"Jun, Noble 3. He's the sniper." Carter said. 

"Alright." 

"Anyway..." Goodwitch starts. "It's a basic extermination. A large presence of Grimm has set up in a cave nearby the borders of a small town. I guess you can fill in the rest." 

"Search and destroy with out the search. My kinda mission." Emile said.

"We're having you all stream the mission to the first year students, show them what it's about." 

"Alright. So when do we move out?" Carter continues. 

"Now. And set these up on the side of your helmets." Oz gives us all small cameras that can fit beside our helmet attachments, and a feed comes on the screen. It's switching between the six of us, depending on who's making the most noise. "We can manually select who's showing the feed as well. Now get going." We all pick up our pace and head out to some more bullheads waiting outside. They all take off with us and I'm across from Carter and Jorge. After a few minutes, Ozpin comes on the coms. 

"Your feed is on now and the class is watching. Good luck out there." 

"Affirmative. Over and out." Carter said. 

"Should we do some introductions or something?" I say. 

"My name is Emile and I. Hate. Babies." Said Emile to the audience. 

"Why?" Carter asks, sighing. 

"How many times were you dropped as a newborn?" Jun then asks.

"Focus up, eta 15 minutes." Carter said. 

"Well, we oughta entertain the people watching at home!" I say, prompting the largest fustercluck I've ever heard. 

Ruby Rose PoV

"My name is Emile and I. Hate. Babies." 

"Aren't they supposed to be pros?" Blake asks. 

"It's not a good omen." Weiss said with mighty judgmental in her voice. 

"Hey, are we the most serious?" I say, and all of my teammates shrug. 

"Well, we oughta entertain the people watching at home!" 6 said this and suddenly a new guy started singing. 

"I looked her up and down and said 'Girl, you're looking fine.'" Then Emile and 6 joined in. 

"THEN SHE TURNED AROUND AND PULLED OUT A PENIS TWICE THE SIZE OF MINE, YEH!" This caused the class to all erupt in laughter or just be uncomfortable. 

"Are we watching the right people?" Pyrrha asks, as JNPR is sitting next to us. 

"I don't know." Jaune said. Yang was on the end dying laughing, along with Nora. 

"Hey, you there!" 6 starts. 

"What?!" Emile fires back. 

"You lookin nice today." 

"Aw, thank you!" After this is done, Jorge speaks up next, singing. 

"Almost Heaven..." 

"West Virginia!" 6 continues. 

"Blue Ridge Mountains!" 

"Shenandoah River!" 

"Life is older..." 

"Older than the trees..." 

"Younger than the mountains..." 

Two minutes later

"RADIO REMINDS ME OF MY HOME FAR AWAY!" The whole team is singing. We're all lost at this point. 

"Ten more minutes of this..." Weiss said, her head on the desk. 

"They're not bad..." Yang said, scratching her chin. 

"I think you need a new definition of bad." Blake said. 

"You!" Emile points to Jun. 

"What?!" 

"You're stupid camouflage cape thing looks dumb!" 

"You take that back!" 

"Never!" 

"It's time we settle this like men!" They both raise they're fists, but it turns to a match of rock-paper-scissors. They first tie with paper, then the new guy wins with scissors to paper. 

"Damnit!"

"The camo stays on!" 

"What... the..." I'm dumbfounded along with everyone at this point. It cuts to 6's feed, and Jorge is dancing. 

Ten minutes later, Noble 6 PoV 

"I plead my fifth amendment!" I shout at Cat though coms. 

"I know it was you who clogged the toilet in the warehouse!" 

"Guys! We're here!" Carter shouts, and suddenly our focus is laser, like none of this happened. The bullheads land, and we funnel out, weapons raised. We approach the cave, and we see the entrance is covered by a solid steel door, two key pads there to open it. 

"Some cave." Jun said, lowering hi sniper. He takes his battle rifle, knowing his sniper is useless in close combat. 

"Right... 1, take the other pad." Cat told Carter. She walks over and takes the cover off of the pad, exposed it's wiring. She looks through it for a minute, and speaks up again. 

"Cut the yellow wire on my signal, alright?" 

"Got it." 

"Three... two... one... now!" They both tear the wires, the door opens, and then closes immediately. 

"Nice job!" Emile said sarcastically. 

"Screw off." Cat said. "System must have a failsafe." 

"Step back." Jorge said, walking up to the door. "If anyone is in here, get back!" He steps back and readies his gun. He opens fire, and the door is rendered to shreds. Everyone lines up on either side of the door, and Jorge kids the door in. We all flood in, and it's pitch black. We all activate night vision, the cameras also doing so with it. We all walk though the compound guns ready, and it's totally silent. 

"Always a good sign." I say. Carter raises a fist, and we all stop. I hear some groans, and so does everyone else. Carter motions with two finger to move forward, and we creep forward. 

"S-stay back!" Someone said. 

"We're green, we're green!" Carter said. 

"You gotta get out! They took out the power, it's bad!" The voice said. We get a view of the man, and he's a scientist. His leg is torn up. Jun walks over to him and starts doing what he can to treat it, and Cat walks over to a circuitboard. He takes it off the wall and starts fiddling. Soon, the lights come on in the room. 

"What happened?" Jorge asked. 

"G-Grimm!" The scientist said. 

"Grimm? How?" I ask.

"We were keeping some captive and... and a Geist got out! Took took out the power and let the rest loose!" 

"How long have you been here?" 

"Two days... I-I think I'm the last one..." 

"Alright, so can-" A Beowolf comes out from a dark hall, immediately pouncing on me. It knocks me over, and I stick out my arm to keep it at bay, my shields holding.

"We've been engaged!" Carter shouts, shooting the Grimm off. I stand up and he slides my rifle back to me, and I stand back up. "5, 6, clear the hole!" 

"Like old times!" Jorge said, and we enter the dark hall, night vision engaged. A large storage area is at the end, and it's filled with Grimm. "Go! I'll cover you!" He opens fire as I sprint across the room, shooting a grenade into the coming horde. It kills a good number, but not enough. Jorge's bullets wiz by, and I pull my combat knife and MES, ready to fight. I duck one's attempt to pounce me, and Jorge takes care of it. I stab another through its belly, spinning around and stabbing another through the skull. The two fade, and I kick another back, firing another grenade. The rest of the horde is thinned out by Jorge, and it's quiet. Jorge walks up to my position as I put my weapons away, taking my rifle from my back. I see a flickering computer in the corner. 

"Cat? You seeing this?" 

"Affirmative. That should be able to restart the power." 

"And if it doesn't?" 

"If the system doesn't restart; scream at the top of your lungs and pound on the keyboard." She said sarcastically. "Usually works." 

"Alright." I walk over and tap the screen a few times, the screen fixing itself. I order it to restart power and it does after a few seconds. The lights come back on, and we turn back to normal vision. 

"Bingo. Get back here, we got some good info from this guy." 

"Affirmative." Me and Jorge walk over to the team, and the scientist's leg is covered and he's passed out. 

"Listen to this." Carter said, and he plays a tape. 

"This is day... 237 of testing, the anti-Grimm mass deployment powder, or AGMDP, has gone nowhere. I doubt we'll have funding for long, and that probably won't change. The Grimm in here just sneeze at the powder, and then continue to try and attack our scientists. We've been doing everything we can, but we just can't figure it out... it's frustrating. Anyway, with that- *crash* Hey, What was that! *Blaring alarms, followed by the recording ending*" 

"So why did that matter?" Jorge asks. 

"I read about a drug that goes by AG-M on the streets. I mean, it's the first three letters." 

"It's a stretch." 

"The records say they lost a bad shipment of the stuff when they were bringing it to an government incinerator." Carter said, looking through a computer. 

"Okay... by why does it matter?" I ask

"I don't really think it does. Just for some extra knowledge... and maybe a future mission." Cat said. 

"Eh, fair enough. We should get out of here, jobs done." 

"Alright, cut the feed Oz." 

"Thank you all for this." He said over coms, and it clicks off. We all take our cameras off. Cat immediately plugs in a flash drive into the computer, downloading data. 

"But of course." I say. 

"I'm case." She said. 

"Medics are coming for the scientist, we can get out of here." We all walk outside, ready to get back home. 

Reha 'Sagam PoV 

I'm sitting on the rafters as per usual, and I'm thinking. The girls that came over yesterday, the one in the red hood looked a lot like the prisoner... should probably tell the Noble Team, just in case. And the yellow one was kind of... kind of beautiful. 

"Begin recording." I say into this new 'scroll' I stole. "Oh beauty made of gold, your movement so bold..." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.3K 1.6K 57
Clyde has just barely recovered from the loss of his friends when he is moved to Beacon, the prestigious school that trains huntsman/tresses. But why...
168K 2.7K 43
(ALL ART THAT ARE IN THIS STORY ARE MADE BY ME) You are Y/N, that's the only thing you remember from your past, people call you Y/N, and people call...
70K 842 19
What happens when a mishap in Sarge's "perfect" plan to kill the blues ends in a jump to a separate realm called Remnant, and they find some...odd th...
68.3K 1.4K 19
We all know how reach fell. How noble team gave their lives for a better future. But, what if an unexpected Spartan joined the fray? Will you save t...