The Final Year (vol 1)

By amourpierce

In the American culture, its referred to as high school. With the Britons, its called the secondary school o... More

Notice... Very important!!!
Prologue
Uproar
Settling in
Pray
Monday morning
The girl
The clique
The first day
The Crowd
The Squad
The Confrontation
Prep
B. D. T
Unbothered
Facts or Myths
Night Crawlers
Life of the party
Important note:
Parte after parte
Family
Home Sweet Home
Busted
The Trip
Paranoia
Just a game...
Smile
Mine
BTS
Trouble
Preparations
Wonder
Appeasement
Visitation
Friendly beast
The Reveal
Hangout
Square one
Squad goals
Hurt
Chit chat
Drill
The Past
The Threat
Contraband
Pretty
The Big Game
Vulnerable
Night talk
Confession
Apology
Exam Fever
Yearbook
Sting
Shopping
Memories
Graduation
Epilogue
Q/N
Announcement
Bonus chapter
Important notice!!

A date?

957 208 4
By amourpierce

This chapter is dedicated to all my readers and voters 💖💖. You guys are the best, love you so much😘.
Don't forget to comment and vote👍👍. 

A picture of jollof rice😋😋... Yummy...

I rub my covered arms as I walk down the hallway, heading for the pavilion. You must be wondering where am heading to, well i have decided to compromise.

Don't blame, i had to go to hear what he was going to say. It's not like he was going to hurt me or take advantage of me, or was he?

I will take Tomi's advice, i will tread carefully.

I got to the Ss3 block, it looks eerie and quiet even with the lights on. I take a sharp turn heading to the pavilion. I slow down trying to buy time and gather enough energy to face him.

The pavilion is grande like always but looks and sounds quiet in contrast to what it looks like in the day time. I squint my eyes spotting two figures, it was like they were engaged in a serious conversation.

I decided to walk stealthily to catch a glimpse of what they were arguing on but i guess luck was not on my side as the other figure facing me looks up.

It was the head boy,he was without his usual glasses or his school uniform, he was in his house wear, he stares at me tilting his head which makes his partner turn around. Shubomi.

I gave the head boy a big smile knowing i was caught in the act of eavesdropping. He returns it with a small smile.

"Am i interrupting something? Maybe i should come back" I try to turn around but he was quick to grab my wrist. I snatch it away, throwing him a glare as he narrowed his eyes at me.

Tokunbo cleared his throat, bringing us out of our stare down.

"Toks.. Meet Teniola Coker, Teni meet Olatokunbo Holloway, also known as Toks, my best buddy" he stands beside me, placing his right hand at the small of my back.

I moved away from his touch, exchanging handshakes.

"Nice to meet you" he said, his voice really deep.

"Same here... I heard a lot of great things about you"

"Really?" I nod, ignoring the pest beside me. "That is interesting, i hope it's all good news"

"Hmm... It depends on which side you want to hear" I smirk.

He burst into a rhythmic laugh as i joined in.

"I like her" he told Shubbie who lets out a forced and sarcastic laugh, getting in between us.

"I think that is enough introduction, and i think you have somewhere else to be, right?" He raised an eyebrow as the head boy stares at him in confusion, his eye widen in a second as he nods hysterically.

"Yeah yeah, you are right. Nice to meet you once again Teni, i will see you around, right?" I nodded "good... See you before light out" he told Shubomi.

Shubomi nods as he walks away leaving us. There was silence for about ten seconds before i decided to speak up.

"What was that about?" I questioned him.

"What was what about?" He asked playing dumb.

"That signal, code or whatever you guys call it" I pressed on.

"Who told you it's a code?" He smirks as i rolled my eyes.

"It seems you have forgotten, I have two elder brothers,  remember?" He nods.

"You are right" I dig my hands into the pocket of my sweater as the breeze blew. I felt his eyes on me.

"What?" I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion.

"Nothing.." He looks away "just wondering why you packed up your hair" I inwardly groaned.

I unconsciously touch my hairdo which was 'shuku'. I didn't let the hair out, putting it in a bun.

"What is your obsession with my hair?" I asked him gently knowing the hard way won't work.

"Am fascinated by it" he states as i stare at him suspiciously.

"For real? That is it?" He nods.

I don't believe him, i don't know why but i don't. Yes, my hair is really long and voluminous considering the fact that i took my mother's hair.

My maternal grandmother is an half-caste, we inherited the gene, so it comes with the baggage. Apart from that, there is nothing special about my hair.

"Let's sit down" he motions towards the chairs in the pavilion, that was when i noticed a big bag. I look at him then look at the bag. "I brought food" he chimed.

My ears straightened at the words 'food', he chuckled as i quickly sat down.

"Did you just say food?" I salivated, putting my whole attention on the bag.

"You never change" he said with clear amusement as i shrug.

He sits beside me, bringing the bag closer. He opens it bringing out two disposable plastic containers. The scent coming out from it made me smile. Jollof rice, my favourite, he still remembers.

A plastic bag filled with apples,a carton of orange juice and.. Oreos! Yeah!!! How does he know i love Oreos?

"Wait.. " I hold his wrist from taking another thing from the bag. "Is this a date?" I asked skeptically.

"Do you want it to be?" He asked. I looked away from his preying eyes not finding an answer to the question. He brings out two bottled water and two red plastic cups which i guess were the last item in the bag.

I picked one of the disposable take away, i stare at it suspiciously having a second doubt. He takes his, grabbing a plastic spoon, he opens the container. The aroma made my already full stomach have a second thought.

"I didn't tamper with it, if that is what you are thinking" he collects mine, opening it and taking a spoonful, munching and swallowing it "see?"

I took it from him letting out a sigh of relief. I took a spoonful of the tantalizing goodness.

I moaned, it's so good and spicy, same time delicious and well garnished. I call this jollof rice 'firewood jollof rice' or 'party jollof rice'. I took the 'dodo' savouring the sweet taste.

"Where did you get this?"

"Special delivery" he winks.

I don't know what that means but am going to go along with it.

"So tell me... What are you doing in SJC?" He asked half way of eating the meal.

"Is my presence a burden to you?"

"Otii o... In fact am happy you graced this school with your royal presence" I rolled my eyes at his words. "Don't blame me, i thought you will be schooling in places like Greensprings, Lekki British International... You know, hot shots."

I was quiet, thinking of what to tell the persistent guy, he should also be schooling in schools like that.

"Well... Let's say i want a change in scenery and i want to know more about my country and SJC seems to provide that"

"That's not all" I look at him, pausing the food "I know what happened" my countenance fell as my eyes turns cold, i look away. "Hey hey... Don't shut me out. It's not going to happen again, you are safe here" I nodded losing my appetite.

"Can we talk about another thing, am not comfortable with this topic" he stares at me for a while before nodding.

We continue our meal in a comfortable silence.

"You have changed" I frown at his statement.

"How?"

"You are not that skinny, reserved girl back in primary school anymore"

"People change Shubomi, change is a constant thing" I shrug.

"Sometimes, i wonder why we drifted apart"

"Don't blame.. You changed back then, you turned into a bully, still is now" he shakes his head.

"Am not a bully"

"Keep telling yourself that" I took the red cup he made available, pouring out the juice into it. I took a sip.

"Am serious.. This is me, Enitan. You need to be on top of the food chain to survive this school"

"Hmm.. Speaking of that, i thought this school was a mission school?"

"It was... Still is. It's  just that the committee of the school as been taken over by the government and elites making them miss and abort some of the goals they want to achieve like the status quo programme. The principal is merely a puppet" he finished his speech as i gawk at him.

"Wow... That is totally wrong. So the rich and powerful rules the school"

"Exactly, but if you know your place even though you are a scholarship or a middle class student, you will find the school enjoyable" he shifts a bit closer our thighs almost touching. "But that won't be a problem for you since you are a queen in your own castle but you can also be my queen. We can rule this place together" he smirks, winking.

Wait... His he flirting with me?

"Like i said before, in your wildest dream" I push his face away as he chuckled "speaking of being queen, you need to warn your girlfriend to bug off my back"

"There is no way am getting involve in girls drama" he puts down his food, as he pours himself some juice. "I know you can deal with her, abi it's not you ni?. I heard a lot of things about you from your ex classmates" I smirk.

"Oh.. You do. You sure you want me to handle your girl, i don't want her, come crying to you" he snickers. "And am not into all those stuffs again"

"I don't believe you"

"Am serious" he raised an eyebrow "am for real. I just reflected on my life and i had an encounter with Jesus and he_"

He burst into a fit of laughter as i stare at him in confusion. I slap his strong arm as he tries to control his laughter.

"What is so funny?" I asked getting annoyed.

"You... And Jesus don't mix" he chuckled.

"Hey!" I glare at him. I hate it when people make fun of my faith.

"Am not making fun of you" he said as if reading my mind "it's just that.. When did it happen?" He asked looking and sounding serious. I sigh.

"I had an encounter okay.. I decided to believe and accept him and am working towards being a better person.. I felt peace with him"

"If you say so, I believe you"

"You also need to change...  Why are you different when it comes to me?" I asked suddenly as he turns mute.

"You are special to me" he said finally and he almost made me blush... Almost.

I stole his meat as he groans while i laugh at predicament.

Later, we were through with our date/picnic or is it dinner. I will call this a bad eating habit considering the time we had the meal but doing something once won't kill, right?

I took the apples and Oreos with me for my girls as we both pack up and clean the place.

"Is this even legal?" I asked "are we  allowed to be here?" He shrugs nonchalantly.

"Well... "

"Please don't tell me i broke one of the school rules cause i didn't finish the booklet. God! This is just my second week! What_" he interrupted my ramble.

"Babe... Relax, you seem to forget who i am. You are covered" he said rubbing my arms.

"Is this how you sneak around with girls late in the night when you should be reading?" I asked.

"Are we jealous?" He teased as i  rolled my eyes "don't worry.. You are the only one i have done this with" he said with affirmation.

"Then how did you get your girlfriend?" I asked looking confused as he smirks.

"I don't need a date to get the girls. My face is enough to 'shift pant'" he wriggled his eyebrows as my face scrunched up in disgust.

"That is disgusting!" He laughs at my disgust.

"My face or you know" he makes an obscene sign as i slap his right arm. He laughs again.

"You pervert " I mumbled checking my wrist watch. "I need to go, it's time i get to the hostel" I told him as i stand up to go but he stops me. "Kiini?"

"What are we?"

"What do you mean by what are we? We are friends na" I pushed him away, walking out of the pavilion as he follows. "Besides, i don't want you to break your girlfriend's heart, she clings to you like the oxygen she breathes in"

"That won't be a problem. I can still change your mind"

"You can start if you can change" I turn to look at him.

"You know that is not possible" he stops walking and so do I.

"It is very possible, am a living  testimony" I turn around resuming my walk.

"I can still change your mind,  maybe with a hug or a kiss!" He shouts out as i giggled.

"In your wildest dreams!" I shouted as i walk on.

Translation:

Jollof rice: a common food in Nigeria and some parts of the west African countries. Incredibly delicious due to the sauce and ingredients. If you haven't had a taste of the yummy goodness, i urge you to please do. The scent lasan....

"Shuku: a traditional hairdo, common in the western part of Nigeria. The Yoruba tribe and some parts of the southern and eastern as well as the nothern. It is normally done in cornrows or weaves in a shape of a ponytail. It
is beautiful worn by different people.

Dodo: fried ripe plantain, cut in circles or cubes. Very delicious.

Otii o: Never.

Abi: is it.

Shift pant😏🙈: a street name or code word. Basically, it means sex.

Kiini?: what?

What do you think of the 'date?'
What do you think happened to Teni in the past?
What are the similarities and differences between the committee of the school and the Nigerian government?

What do you think of this chapter?

Don't forget to vote and comment 👍👍💖

P. S: am not a secondary school student 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 1.2K 31
"๐‘พ๐’† ๐’„๐’๐’Ž๐’† ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’˜๐’ ๐’…๐’Š๐’‡๐’‡๐’†๐’“๐’†๐’๐’• ๐’˜๐’๐’“๐’๐’…๐’”" ~๐€ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐“๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐…๐ข๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง~ Sonia Uduak-Abasi Ubong has always been...
23.2K 8.2K 57
"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ซ๐ฆ๐จ๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ก ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ฌ; ๐ฐ...
41.7K 12.5K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
20 1 10
Shantel is super excited about moving to a High School in Nigeria, especially being in the dormitory. But what she meets in there, is definately not...