The Outcast

By starlite19

Every thirteen year old in Kendra's family with blue eyes recieves a paranormal gift. Kendra, a quiet, outcas... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Twelve

6K 150 29
By starlite19

 ******

Dedicated to zexacullen, my very first fan. thank you! :)

Enjoy! <3

******

Chapter Twelve

Riley's P.O.V

Back around eight years ago when Kendra and I were kids, the biggest thing for us to do together was explore. Every weekend we would bike over to the property of Cresdale Creek and see if we could find anything interesting. The most interesting thing we ever found had to have been the abandoned barn.

"Look at that!" five-year old Kendra had said, pointing a chubby finger at something in the distance. It looked like a barn, only it was much smaller then one, so I suppose it was more of a shed. It was old and hideous, but something about it drew me and Kendra close, and I just couldn't say no.

So Kendra and I had jumped on our bicycles and sped over to the tiny barn.

"Can we go inside?" Kendra asked excitedly. Like I said, I couldn't have said no - she was practically bouncing in her seat.

So I hopped off my bike, and a ridiculous grin spread out on Kendra's face.

"Mommy said we could go if we stick together." Kendra stated, walking next to me, looking absolutely adorable. "So you better not run away, okay? If you do, then I'll put bugs in your bed."

Okay... not so 'adorable' anymore.

            Once Kendra and I had reached the barn, we began some exploring. We discovered a hiding place underneath the wood floors, and a ladder that lead up to a small second floor of hay. It was probably one of our greatest discoveries. It was also the place where we had our biggest fight... well, the biggest fight a five year old could have. It was over something ridiculous, and I can't even remember it anymore. The problem was that that was the last time I saw her, because my family had moved. I always meant to call or visit her to see how she was doing, but I never got the chance. I didn't think she would ever forgive me for that. I had made a big mistake.

So you can imagine how nerve-racking it was to finally come back.

Isabel tapped my shoulder impatiently, "Are we going inside or not?"

I frowned, staring at the barn through the windshield. It was only a couple blocks away from the gas station, a long walk on foot. It must have taken Kendra a while to get here... that is, if she even was here.

"We're going in," I say.

Isabel cracks open the door, jumping out onto the grass. The minute her feet touch the ground, I can hear squishing through the mud.

"You better appreciate this now, buddy." Isabel sneers. "Because when we get back home, you'll be the one washing my shoes."

"Whatever,"

I stomp through the mud infested grass, tromping my way to the barn. I don't see any footprints, so maybe Kendra isn't here after all. That thought isn't one I like.

"Let's go in," I suggest when we reach the barn. Isabel wrinkles her nose, but we go in anyways.

The barn is dark, with the odd light shining through the cracks in the ceiling. Hay is all over the wooden panels of the ground, and cobwebs are in the corner. Just one look and I can tell that no one else has discovered this barn but us - five years ago.

"Kendra!" I shout, cupping my hands around my mouth. Nothing.

"Kendra, say something!" Isabel yells. Still nothing.

"If you're there, Kendra, speak up!" I demand.

I hear a soft question from the corner of the barn,

"Riley? Isabel? Is that you?"

Kendra's P.O.V

~ Earlier ~

I pull my legs to my chest, burying my face in my knees. It seemed to me that the most logical place to hide was the barn, considering no one ever looks here. The place is much too spooky looking and deserted, and the average person would shy away at it.

I guess the average person wasn't me and Riley.

I tuck my legs in closer, trying to make myself look small.

God, if mom had only bought me a cell phone, this kind of thing wouldn't happen. I could have called her and been rescued. I'm really going to have to talk to her about that, because it's just plain ironic now-

My internal babble is cut short when I hear someone calling my name.

"Kendra!" the guy shouts loudly. My head snaps up at my name, and I cover my ears to shield the noise. I can't come out, because it might be Chad's gang. I'm not scared of them, I just don't want to be caught and hand-cuffed or something. But even on the off mark it isn't them, I still can't show myself.

"Kendra, say something!" a girly voice orders. Wait a minute, I know that voice! It's.... Isabel? Oh gosh.

"If you're in here, Kendra, speak up!" the first voice demands.

My subconscious takes over, and I murmur, "Riley? Isabel? Is that you?"

Then I mentally slap myself for that. It sounds like them, but if it isn't, then I just totally blew my cover.

I hear footsteps nearing towards me, and I sit up stiffly, ready to fight.

A perky blonde head pops up in front of me, causing me to yelp.

"Kendra!" she exclaims. "Hey, short stuff, I found her!"

I roll my eyes when Riley comes into view. He holds a hand out, and I take it, pulling myself up. I dust off my jeans, tilting my head to stare at Isabel and Riley. They both look relieved, but also worried. Isabel's black skinny jeans are painted with mud, and her pink 'Rock Out!' shirt has a rip in the side. Even her blonde hair is muddy.

And Riley doesn't look much better. He's still wearing the same clothes as yesterday - just like me - so obviously he didn't wait a minute to start searching. That thought alone makes my heart skip a beat.

"How did you find me?" I ask them calmly, raising an eyebrow.

Riley smirks. "We spied on the guys."

"Do they know where I am now?"

"I don't think so. The leader of the gang said they were going to go look, but I doubt they had the brains to try here." Riley says.

I sigh of relief, "Well I'm glad you found me. As fun as it was to annoy those kidnapper guys, I would really love to go home and take a nice long shower. I bet I'm looking just about as well as I feel."

"No," Isabel smirks, "worse," Well, leave it to her to ruin the moment. Of course Isabel would have to bring her witty comebacks into this.

Riley puts an arm around my waist. "Let's get back home then, shall we? I think we all need a shower."

I wrinkle my nose. "Yes you do,"

Isabel laughs through her nose, sporting an uncanny grin. "Well, would you look at that! All along he was looking for you, and it turns out you didn't need our help after all. Should we just leave you here, then?"

I shake my head slowly, my feet manoeuvring around the hay and dirt on the floor. When we step outside, my face is shielded by light. Good lord, has the sun always been so bright? I was almost blinded. By the light. Ha, see what I did there?

            Through the cracks of my fingers, I can see Riley's white van. And more importantly, who's sitting inside of it.

"Hey mom!" I shout, waving at the van. My mom looks up at me, relief washing out her features. I guess everyone was pretty worked up about my disappearance. I walk up and slap the hood.

"Kendra, you little -" comes Riley's voice from beside me.

"Be nice," I interrupt.

Riley snorts. "You're no fun."

I open the door to the truck and get in. Isabel takes her seat shotgun, and Riley sits next to me. They all look a bit suspicious, so I can't help but ask, "Why are you all staring at me like that?"

"You just got kidnapped, Kendra, and you somehow managed to escape. I guess we're all sort of just wondering how exactly." Isabel says.

"Oh, okay." I reply.

"So?"

"Oh! Yeah, well, it's a bit of a long story. Basically, I had to defeat twenty ninjas, and karate chop the door down to -"

"Seriously," Riley says in mono-tone.

"Sheesh, and you say I'm no fun? Fine then, the boring story it is. Basically, I told the stupid henchmen that I had to go 'take care of my business', if you know what I mean. They stopped at Shell and let me out. Big mistake I should say. I got pretty pissed off and started a tornado in the bathroom..."

"You started a tornado in the bathroom?" Isabel asks, wide-eyed.

I roll my eyes, "No, I just made that up."

Isabel raises an eyebrow.

"Do you want the real story or not?" I question impatiently.

"Go on,"

I nod. "So yeah, that's how I escaped. I slipped past them and ran off to the barn."

Riley nods, and Isabel looks distant.

So I ignore them, craning my head to look out the tainted window. To be honest, I'm not scared of Chad's gang. If anything, I found them largely entertaining. I'm not worried about them finding me, I'm worried about who they'll bring me to once they find me. Someone's obviously commanding them, and I don't want to meet them.

But the only question running through my mind now is,

Why do they want me?

******

OHMYGOD!!!

Okay, I just wanted to say thank you EVERYONE for your support!!! You have no idea how much it means to me. I just figured out I was #70 on the WHATS HOT LIST and I SCREAMED. Seriously, I was smiling all day!!! :D

I also wanted to say thank you sooo much everyone for your comments on the last chapter. I got alot of really good ideas, but the one I chose, I tried to combine everyones. Sorry if I couldn't get yours in, but thank you anyways. Also, honourable mention goes to csv365 and her idea of Kendra hiding at IHOP (international house of pancakes!) that one made me laugh ;)

Annnyyyywaaayys.... hope you enjoyed the chapter and I'll be posting a really exciting one soon! The climax is coming up later, because, yes, I DO have this planned out. I'm not just randomly adding chapters :D

Vote. Comment. Fan. Smile!

Comment and vote mostly - pretty please with chocolate syrup and whipcream!!! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! <3

love you all!!! <3

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 15.5K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
3.1M 70.4K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...
3.2M 91.8K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
408K 14.7K 58
❝I think we've lost the meaning of family.❞ • • • A few years ago, we tragically lost our parents, and every day since then, my brothers and I have d...