Chapter Fifteen

***************

Sorry for all the confusion from the before chapter!!! :( sorryy !!

Love you all - and enjoy!!! :)

thanks for reading, smeaders! (smoking hot readers! Oh yeah, I made that! that word is MINE!!!) xD

***************

Chapter Fifteen

My head hits the front of the dashboard as Julie backs out, attempting a parallel park. I glare at her. Mostly for slamming my head into the car, and mostly because after twenty minutes of driving, she still hasn't told me where we're meeting up.

"Why are we stopping here?" I ask, jabbing a thumb in the direction of a Starbucks. The place looks abnormally quiet for my liking.

Julie shrugs, "This is where we're meeting the boys."

"Are you serious?"

"Last time I checked," Julie answers.

Okay, so let me get this straight: We're casually meeting up with a couple of thugs that tried kidnapping me, and we're going to do it over some coffee? I don't know about you, but that sounds kind of strange to me.

I swing my legs out of the passenger seat, slamming the car door behind me. Slamming doors are fun - they let you express yourself past anger.

Julie quickly meets my side, and we stroll into the café.

The Starbucks we're at is really small. It's about the size of my living room. It has only two booths, and four tables. Across the café, Kyle and Riley are sitting at a table of four, obviously waiting for us. Riley is fiddling with his hands on his lap, his auburn hair shaking into his eyes. Kyle is - in lack of words - 'chilling'. His feet are up on the table, his blue DC shoes shimmering. His brown shaggy hair is falling in his eyes, and he looks pretty at peace. He just went into 'I own the place' mode. You were warned.

"Hey guys!" Julie exclaims, walking gracefully over to their table and taking a seat. Riley's head flicks up, and he smiles at us before composing himself into a taller position. Kyle continues looking bored and hormonal.

I pull out a chair, smiling warmly at them myself.

But now it's all business.

"So where are they?" I whisper, leaning forwards.

Kyle sighs, and Riley's eyebrow goes up in confusion.

"Over there," Kyle replies, pointing behind him at a booth containing the three men. Chad and Morgan don't look like they have seen us yet, but the third guy is staring pretty intensely at our table. I muster up my 'you're dead' look, before returning to our conversation.

"I take it that they don't know we're here, correct?"

Riley nods, "They're completely oblivious."

"Big word, little man," I compliment, patting his head affectionately like I would to a dog. He slaps my hand away, matting his hair down angrily. Ha.

"So what do you think we should do?" Julie asks.

I shrug, "I don't know... anyone else have an idea?"

Riley shakes his head, but for once, Kyle actually has something to contribute.

"Maybe we should confront them," he suggests. "Ask them why they're here and what they're up to. They can't do anything violent to us, considering that we're all in a public place. They'd get arrested or something."