Bound

By WritingGals

Two very different people who shares one common thing: They're afraid of falling in love. Eleanor Edeson, a m... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Six

84.9K 2.3K 205
By WritingGals

Chapter Six

Parker's POV

"Are you sure?" Rosalie asked uncertain. "This is one of my least favorites from the list. It's a bit ...small for my likings."

I spotted Eleanor narrowing her eyes. "Well it's a good thing you're not the one buying a house, hmm?" Rosalie was taken aback, and I muffled in my laughter. Man, I never knew my wife was a little spunky. Speaking of her, she turned her head to me. "Parker, it's okay if you don't agree with me. We can look at some more properties tomorrow."

I walked slowly beside her and wrapped my arm around her slim waist. "Rosalie, I believe we have some papers to sign."

Eleanor turned to me with the biggest grin she'd given me in the past two days of our marriage. "Thank you." She disentangled my arm from her and walked away to her kids who were now outside gazing at the crystal blue water of the pool.

"Parker, are you sure this is it?" Rosalie asked crinkling her nose around the place. "Your wife seems to have a bad taste in houses. Where did you ever find a woman like her?"

"I trust my wife," I defended Eleanor. "Make sure the furniture comes with the place. We're moving in today."

She nodded and stepped closer to me with a flirtatious smile on her face. "Would you like to come to my office to sign the papers?" Rosalie was one of my good female friends during college. She's always had feelings for me to which I had never returned. 

"Just send them to my personal assistant," I told her briskly and dismissed her.

I left her in the living room and went out the backyard. I caught the last few parts Eleanor was telling to Luke and Peyton. 

"Boys, do you like this house?" She asked bending her knees to be leveled with him. 

"Yes Momma!" Luke exclaimed. "I like the pool. Remember when you and I go to the pool? You fall into the waters." He giggled imitating his mother.

"Yes, I do remember when I fell into the water," she corrected with a smile. "Peyton, what about you sweetheart?"

"Yes," he quipped with a nod of his head and opened his arms to be picked up. 

"Well boys, welcome to your new home," I interrupted them and walked to the three. Instantly, Luke and Peyton went still and quiet. Hmm, I guessed they weren't fond of me yet. 

"It's already bought?" Eleanor asked surprised. "That was fast."

I nodded and explained walking around her to the pool. It was, indeed, a big-sized pool. There was a waterfall and a ledge down under made for sitting. The adjoining hot tub was going to be my favorite part. "I already had Rosalie go and send the papers to my assistant. After I signed it, this is officially ours. Furnitures come with so we can stay here."

"Wow, I never knew the process was that fast."

"It is when you're dealing with a Jenkins," I boasted which earned a roll of my wife's eyes. "Feel free to redecorate anything you want. New furniture, additions to the backyards, a playground for the boys and of course toys."

"I want toys," Luke piped up his eyes brightening at the word 'toys.'

"Luke," Eleanor reprimanded her son which quieted him. "What about our clothes? We don't have any at all."

"I'll have someone delivering appropriate clothes for you and your kids."

"We're not going back to the hotel?" 

I shook my head. "This is where we will be staying from now on."

"Kasey, where are the papers that Rosalie should have given you?" I asked my personal assistant going to my office in the British Airways company building. 

I maintained an office here just a year ago after having to learn the ways of the company since I was to become the new CEO. I sat in my office chair taking off my suit jacket. I came to my office in the afternoon after having my very first lunch with Eleanor and her kids at the new house. It was rather awkward since I had to order take out.

"Here they are, sir," my twenty-year old something assistant handed me a stack of papers. "I already had your attorney take a look at it at your order."

I nodded and thanked her. I signed in the suitable places trusting my attorney fully well that this was a good contract with no loopholes and what-not. I had the house under Eleanor's name seeing as how much she loved it. No matter what happens in this marriage, I wanted her to keep the house.

After signing the last few pages, I received a call on the telephone. I picked it up and answered a very angry Thomas Jenkins.

"Parker, would you care to explain to me what is going on?" My father asked truly furiously through the phone. 

I knew right then he was referring to the marriage. As soon as I got up this morning, there was a picture of Eleanor and I kneeling to her on one knee at Starbucks on the front pages of the most influential newspapers and magazines it the whole world! "Whatever do you mean, dear father?"

"Cut this out and answer me, young man!" He bellowed, and I had to inch the phone away from my ear due to his roaring voice.

"I'm married, Dad. You gave me a deadline and found a wife in no time. I'm ready to take on your responsibilities as the CEO and owner of British Airways. I will also slowly manage the other airways you've founded one by one."

"Do you think that I will let you be the CEO after making a reckless decision like this? Married to a woman who has no name whatsoever! Did you pick her up in one of the street's corners?"

"Don't talk to my wife that way!" I retorted after having the strongest urge to defend Eleanor. "You don't know her. What's done is done. I'm married and like you said, you don't do divorces. You will just have to deal with it."

"You and I will have a serious conversation once we get back," his anger evaporated a bit. "I will find a way to annul this stupid wedding of yours and you will get married to a woman with class and a title!" I heard the phone being snatched away from him and heard Agatha scolding my dad.

"Don't pay any mind of your father, Parker," Agatha's, my step-mother, comforting voice told me through the phone. "Congratulations, dear. I'm looking forward to meeting that lovely wife of yours!"

"Thank you," I replied my anger also vanishing. This was why I loved Agatha. She understood me and became the mother figure in my life after my own mom's death. "Tell Dad there would be no annulment or divorce happening."

"Of course. Now, once we get back from Milan, why don't you bring her and yourself to a dinner at our place? I would love to congratulate you both in person!"

"I'll let her know," I told her with a smile

"Oh look at you! I thought I'd never see the day where you have to ask for a woman's permission!" Agatha laughed on the other line. "Anyways, your sister told me to tell you congratulations," I heard distant yelling the background: my older sister's voice. "and that she will and I quote 'kick your behind for not telling her.'" Although I knew Agatha edited the word 'behind' in. 

"Okay, okay," I chuckled. "I have to go now, Agatha. I will see you all when you come back." I ended the call and leaned back into my chair sighing wistfully.

My parents went to visit my sister, Ellie, and her husband in Milan to watch her clothing line's fashion show. Ellie was a famous fashion designer owning the famous line, Angelique, who moved to Milan, Italy to pursue her dream farther. Dad and Agatha were due to come home next week, giving Eleanor and I time to prepare to meet them. If it was to please my dad, we would need longer time, but I wasn't there to please him, so it all works out all right.

I rested my hand after signing all of the papers and called my assistant in. "I want this delivered to Rosalie by the end of today." I handed her the papers I filed in a folder. "Tell her I wouldn't be needing her assistance anymore." After seeing how Eleanor reacted towards her, I didn't want to give her any reason to be jealous.

Oh hell. I didn't even know why I cared about what she thinks! I didn't even have any feelings towards her or anything. Definitely not love. She was just someone that I married to displease my father, which worked, and also to fully own the company. Nothing more, nothing less. 

I looked to the left side of my desk and saw the daily newspaper I always get sent to my office. Sure enough, there was that picture of me "proposing" that one of the spectators at Starbucks took and probably sold for thousands of pounds to the media. Word sure did spread fast.

I was startled out of my thoughts when my personal cellphone rang from my jacket pocket. I slipped it out and answered going over to the floor to ceiling windows in my office. It gave me a good view of the Thames river, although not as great as a view like my father's whose office was many floors above mine.

"Hello?"

"Parker, you berk!" Caleb's voice came through the other line. "I didn't think you would go through with your plan! You could've at least informed me."

"Sorry, mate," I said eyeing the many tourists going on the London Eye or taking pictures. "It was sudden."

"Sudden it was alright! I found out when I strolled by a magazine rack at the airport!"

"I believe you owe me a congratulations," I joked trying to ease him up a bit. Caleb has always been my best mate ever since we were teenagers. He was always the more sensible and mature one out of our duo. "Caleb, everything's okay. Eleanor agreed a hundred percent. I didn't have to force her into it or anything."

"Marriage is a big deal, you do know that right?" Caleb sighed. 

"I do, and I'm actually planning on trying to make this marriage work," I decided that just a few seconds ago. I didn't know why, but remembering my parents' divorce hurt everyone around them. I wouldn't file a divorce ever and hope she doesn't too. So I would make this thing between us work.

"That's good mate. Where do you guys live so I can personally congratulate you?" Caleb asked in a much better mood than when I picked up.

I gave him the address and told him I would be on my way back to the house too. The estate was more than half an hour away from the office, but I didn't mind the distant since I loved to drive. The sun was setting when I pulled into the winded driveway. I already had my two other sportscar transported from my old place and also a stunning new SUV which was compatible for the two kids. Basically, I got us a family car.

I also caught a sight of Caleb's own sportscar parked in the driveway. I locked my car and strode into the wide house. I could see what Eleanor liked about this than the other three. It was cozier and well-put together. I heard a conversation and laughter going on in the kitchen. I stopped in the archway that led me there and looked at the view.

Caleb was throwing Peyton up in the air, and he was giggling in his arms once he was caught. Eleanor stood in front of the stove cooking something in a pot. She was smiling at the sight in front of her. 

"Again! Again!" Came Peyton's squeals, and Caleb continued to throw him in the air.

They looked like a family. Family. I scoffed in my head. I finally decided to let them know I was there by clearing my throat and striding on in. 

"That smells delicious," I commented walking to stand just a few feet beside Caleb. 

I could tell Eleanor was alarmed. She turned so quickly around and saw me. "Parker. Hi, I thought you wouldn't be home until tonight."

"Ah! Now the other newly wed is here," Caleb remarked setting Peyton down on top of the counter. "Congratulations." He shook my hand which turned into one of those man-handshakes. 

"Thanks," I nodded my head and continued looking at Eleanor. "Where'd you get the ingredients?"

"I-uh, asked the limo driver to drive me to the nearest grocery market. Luke fell down the stairs hitting his head on the wall. He wasn't feeling well since then."

A look of concern crossed over my features imagining the small boy tumbling over the stairs. "Is he okay? Should I check on him?"

"No...." Surprise flicked over Eleanor's face. "He's napping right now. Uh, if you don't mind I let him sleep in the master bedroom. It was closest to the kitchen just in case something happens, so we could hear him."

"I don't see why that's a problem," to Caleb I said, "Caleb. A word with you please?"

He nodded and smiled at Peyton and Eleanor one last time before following me to the living room. "What's up?"

"How did everything go in Dublin?" Caleb was a huge part of our company. He was the CAO or Chief Architecture Officer and was responsible for the airplanes' models, buildings, and such. 

"Everything is sorted out," he explained sitting down and handing me a glass of champagne that was atop the coffee table. "There was a tiny misunderstanding between British Airways and Aer Lingus about the designs, but that's fixed and done."

I nodded. "Good, that's good. So, you and Eleanor are getting along well. Especially with her kids."

Caleb laughed and nodded. "I've been here for the past thirty minutes. We got to know each other well in that short amount of time. She has cute kids. She raised them well. I can't wait to see the day where you fall in love with the kids. It's hard not to!"

I shrugged. "I told her from the start I wouldn't want to do anything with the kids, but I guess that's a bit impossible."

"What's going to happen in this marriage, Parker?" Caleb asked me seriously refilling his wine glass. "You have to have a plan for this family. Even if you don't want to father the kids, they're still your responsibility."

"I don't know," I admitted. "All I know is that I'm going to make this marriage work. I don't want to end up like my dad and mom. It took everyone a long while to recover from their divorce. Especially Ellie."

"Are you willing to give Eleanor a chance?" He asked even more interested in where this conversation was going.

"What?"

"I know you said there would be no love, but since you said you want this marriage to work... That's going to take love from both of you."

"A marriage can work perfectly fine with understanding and lust," I tried to lighten the conversation. The topic of love was a bit iffy for me. I never experienced love. "In fact, most arranged marriages seem to be the only marriage that doesn't end up in divorce."

We were interrupted by small cries in the distant. I stood up right away already knowing who it was. I followed Caleb who already knew his way around the house and up the small stoop to a little alcove with a door. He opened the french doors and the crying got louder.

"Momma!" Luke cried sitting on the bed. There was a bump forming on the poor blighter's head. "Momma!"

Caleb scooped him up into his arms, and he just managed to howl louder and wiggled in his arms. I did the most unexpected thing. I opened my arms out to Luke, and he climbed into them willingly. My mate was as surprised as me. Then he nodded his head and gave me a knowing look accompanied by a teasing smile. I ignored it and focused on the task at hand.

"Shh," I cooed to the boy. I didn't have to ever deal with kids in my life. I was the youngest in my family and Ellie still hasn't had any kids. I wasn't good with kids. At all. Thankfully, Luke quieted down to small sniffles and whimpers. He had his arms wrapped around my neck and head placed on my shoulder.

I followed Caleb out to the living room and into the kitchen. It seems like Eleanor hasn't heard Luke's cries as she was sofly blowing on a bowl of the hot soup. She looked up, and I swear it almost looked like she was about to pass out.

"Luke!" She scrambled her way over to me and tried to get the whimpering boy out of my arms. "Oh Parker, I'm so sorry!"

I gave her a quizzical glance. "Whatever for?"

"Well, I mean... Uh, remember our deal?" She mumbled looking down at her feet. 

Ah. The part where I made it clear I didn't want to have anything to do with her kids. Before I found out they were such adorable boys. "It's okay. You didn't hear him cry."

"Momma?" Luke took his arms away from my neck and reached for Eleanor. She took him in kissing the top of his head gingerly. "Momma, it hurts."

"I know, my angel," she cooed sitting down at the bar stool. "Let's feed that tummy of yours, shall we?"

He nodded and laid his head down on her chest. She proceeded to feed him the warm soup. 

"Alright, I have stuff to do tonight," Caleb said slapping me on the back. "I'll see you around." He walked over to Eleanor and gently took her free hand into his. He kissed the top of it and smiled charmingly at her. "It was nice meeting you, Eleanor."

She blushed and nodded. "Thanks for keeping me company." Caleb nodded at me once more before jogging up the steps. We heard the door close behind him.

I was jealous, I admitted. It only took a kiss on the hand from Caleb to get her smile like that. When I very briefly kissed her in the limo earlier today I received a glare and a scolding! What? Did this woman have some type of resistance against me? I'd never met anyone who's resisted me.

"Momma?" Luke asked wiping his chin with his hand. "Can I go swim?"

"Swim?" She repeated and laughed. "No, angel. You're hurt!"

"I'm fine now, Momma," he said sitting straighter up on her lap. "It doesn't hurt anymore."

"Oh is that so?" Eleanor tickled him relentlessly which earned many giggles coming from the little blighter. "Come on, finish your soup now!"

All this time, I was leaning against the kitchen counter watching the scene before me. Eleanor was a wonderful mother for her age. It was a wonder that she managed to be the best mom for the two years her boyfriend left her. Not once did I ever hear the kids ask about their father.

"Do you want some soup too?" Eleanor asked me with a teasing smile.

"What are you talking about, ma cheríe?"

"You've been eyeing me feed Luke his soup. Would you like some?"

"No," I said with a small smile. "I already made arrangements by the way for the clothes. They should be coming in by tonight."

"Oh, they already came in. Just before you came actually."

"Oh alright. I also made arrangements for groceries to come in by tomorrow morning and also other necessary things."

"Thank you, Parker. I know I've said that so many times, but I really am grateful."

--A/N

Picture is of Finn, Summer's fiancee, on the side :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

771K 42.7K 87
Shorter chapters so don't let the amount of chapters keep you from starting this story. ⚠️ Mature Content 🍑 Rated # 2 in Sexy February 2019 🍆 R...
116K 3.6K 22
Two entirely different people , one contract marriage as a deal but now Miss CEO has fallen harder & harder . What will she do now ?? Highest ranks...
1M 41.3K 60
"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion? It felt so real and lively. "...and ju...
18.9K 1.3K 33
Ellie thought she'd never find love again, especially after having her son, Noah, and the love of her life leaving her to raise their child alone. El...