Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

Por NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... Más

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)

54 4 14
Por NurainiSalleh

Nick's POV

After yesterday's 'brotherly meeting', I was curious about Alex's idea and contributions to the plan. I was sceptical about it.

It's not that he has no good ideas but his ideas don't sound like his, it's more like it was someone else's idea. I chose to ignore it because if it's someone else's idea, I don't think they will rat us out, especially if it's a friend of Alex's. They don't snitch.

The next day, we started phase 1 of our plan - the security cameras. So the security cameras of our school were quite tight but also careless as it's in the principal's office. We had friends who had commonplace visits to his office where they saw him looking at his computer screen and it showed the hallway which was at the same angle as where the cameras were directed at. That's the school's blind spot.

I made sure to ask some guys we know to clarify where the cameras were and also the location of every camera at the school. So we went to school as usual in the day but at night, we wore everything in black with black hoodies and gloves on and sneaked into the school. We know there are security guards around at night but there are only a few of them, so we have to be careful.

Once Alex used Auri's bobby pins to get into the principal office, our only obstacle would have been the password to get into his computer. Eventually, we had a device from our dad's study that allowed us to hack into the computer without a password once we plugged it in and I could also get into the server to unlock security cameras.

"Nick go and look for the security cameras and turn all of it off. Every single one of them in the school and around the school. And take photos of where the cameras are."

"Got it, boss!" I replied to him and went to try and find the cameras. While I was trying to find the file that activates all the security cameras in the school, we found some of the footage of the CCTV on the winter dance. I even got some footage of what was behind the stage that shows a clear video of Halena and some of her girls putting slime in a bucket and even more evidence which I put in and downloaded in the thumb drive. suddenly we heard whistling coming from outside the principal's office.

"Get down!" said Josh while he pulled us under the principal's desk

We looked at the side of the desk and saw that one of the security guards who looked young was patrolling the area. He started using his flashlight to see inside the office and started opening the door and entering. We were all trapped under here with no way out. Suddenly I heard Josh telling Alex if he comes near us, to use his fighting skills to knock him out cold or just distract him which I also agreed to.

We heard his footsteps coming nearer to us, and slowly we saw his foot now closer to us and Alex was prepared to knock him out or distract him until we heard another voice. "Hey rookie, what are you doing?" It was the sound of an older gentleman.

"I heard a noise in here," the young security guard replied.

"Nah might be the branches from that tree over there, don't worry about it, come on, we should look somewhere else." the older gentleman said and later the young security guard went away. We waited until we heard the door close and we all felt relief that we didn't get caught.

"That was a close one," I said.

"Yeah, that means we have to hurry. Nick, have you found it yet?" Josh asked me as I was about to check the last file and found it

"Yup, kinda easy to find, to be honest, he's not great at hiding all of this," I said and started to see all the cameras that had been activated for a long time. Especially during our break-in where I deleted everything by pressing the delete button after a few seconds figuring out how to delete it. I think a toddler could have figured this out.

I deactivated it so no one would be the wiser. Soon after Josh told us to start 'Alex's plan'

We went to Halena's locker to go through her stuff to find the video that she had of Aurora or any evidence of her but we couldn't find it, it wasn't in her locker.

"It's not in her locker, It might be in her phone or laptop which is in her house." Said Josh.

"She is already at home and we can't go to her house, that would be too risky," I said

"We will find another way to get her videos, we may need help from our friends who are kinda close with Halena or have close contact with her." Said Josh.

"I have friends who are in the Football team who know people who are close to Halena, and I think you have some too right, Josh? Nick?" Alex asked us.

"Yeah, we have, we would text and ask them about the videos, maybe they can help us get videos too. "Said Josh.

"They would help us as they feel upset at how Halena treated and bullied Auri," I said.

We continue to stealthily go to all the security cameras that are inside and outside the school grounds, and I send the pictures to their phones. So we can sneak out of the school without the security guards knowing or even the principal.

After the job was done, we went back and sneaked into our rooms through our window while everyone was asleep. We told Dad our plan to give Auri justice and he was impressed, we did tell him to get the principal to get out the security cameras when Auri came home with slime all over her but the principal said that it might just be a prank and said to give a stern warning to the students..... What?! He did by the way in a school assembly, he didn't even go and investigate this, he just gave a school assembly and that is when Auri didn't want to come to school anymore.

If we can get more evidence like the one principal should have done before, we can go to the school district if he doesn't take action about this. We know why he didn't take any action on Halena and the rest, it is because he didn't want some reporters or whatever to be involved and thought that this was not a big deal, we have heard stories about teachers or principals ignoring bullying cases like this but not all teachers and principals are like this.

We even heard from the principal himself that it would be a big case and wouldn't want anyone to know about what happened in his school that could be a big case. What?! So we have to give justice to Auri.

The next day, we went to school as if nothing happened, suddenly, we heard a loud shriek that came from afar and we rushed to it. "Well, isn't she early coming to school early?" Josh said to me and Alex,

We stopped at where Halena's locker was and saw her shriek and then we saw the strangest thing, we saw a skunk the shriek caused the skunk to spray on her continuously and eventually, it just came out and started running. The whole school laughed at her and she started stomping around angrily and calling for one of the teachers. Which by the way didn't help.

She smelled the whole day and the principal permitted her to leave school early due to it distracting most of the students. I have no idea how that skunk got into the school in the city area.

We then got some contact with some of our friends about Halena and they agreed to help and even one of them had a video that they took of Halena talking during the winter dance and it was more than enough evidence to bring it up to the principal again and if not the district school board.

Alex was excited when he found out from our friends about the video that we had of Halena talking during the winter dance. Even though he was excited, he didn't show it as much almost throughout the day. It wasn't until I heard his voice shouting in the hallway. I went and rushed towards the sound of his voice and when I reached there I saw him shouting to a crying Gina.

"Gina, you think Auri didn't cry that night when you did that thing to her? And on her birthday no less?! And I heard what you think of my relationship with my sister, she is my sister! Of course, I pay attention to her, she is my sister, we have always been close and you want me to ignore her?" Alex shouted at the top of his lungs. I was surprised that no teachers were around here, probably in the teacher's lounge.

"Alex, it was a mistake, I didn't mean it. It wasn't supposed to turn out this way, Halena and Mason-" she sobbed. "They handled it but I didn't know Aurora was going to kill herself because of that. In our relationship, she is always up in our faces every single time, I wanted you to pay attention to me just more than her."

"Do you hear yourself?! You are jealous of your boyfriend's sister. Or should I say ex-boyfriend's sister? you know how crazy that sounds?!"

"Please, we can work this out! Please Alex I love you" she cried out and I did feel pity for her till I heard what came out of Alex's mouth next.

"Oh," he said calmly at first. "I love you? Is it a mistake? Don't you dare say all that after this and also after what you did to me?!" Alex said as he looked like he was about to tear up.

"Did what, Alex?!" She said back to me.

"You cheated on him with his teammate when he said he wanted to wait after marriage to be intimate with someone." Said one of his teammates.

Gina was already shocked and looked kinda guilty.

"Yeah, don't you lie, I remember once you came to my house and wanted to talk and you wanted to kiss me and then when I said 'no, you are my friend's girlfriend' you tried to go with another teammate! Alex trusted you as his girlfriend!" The teammate continued.

" And please don't give the excuse saying that I didn't give you enough attention or it was Auri's fault. I have given you attention, even when you pressured me to be intimate with you, I didn't do it because I explained that I wanted to wait and you cheated on me." Alex said, literally going to tear up.

Alex seems like a tough guy but he did like Gina, and to cheat on him with his teammates is just hurtful for him. No wonder he seemed a lot sadder when he came home. I thought it was probably about school, no it was his love life.

"That is not fair Alex!" she said, looking angry and tearing up more.

"What's not fair is that you blame everything on your best friend! My sister! Who loved you and cared for you. You manipulated her to get to me and used my little sister. You are jealous of someone that you should have not been jealous of. Alex pointed at her. "But one thing is clear, I never want to see you again, we are through!" We heard that last sentence echo through the halls when everyone stayed silent. He had tears in his eyes that he tried so hard to keep in but it came out.

Suddenly we all heard loud footsteps, we saw the principal rushing up to Gina and Alex. He asked what was going on scolded Alex without an explanation and told him to get into his office this instant. I heard some people saying that she was right or he was right.

I didn't know what to think at this point, all I know is that Alex is angry at the things Gina has done to him for the past few months and he forgave her without all of us knowing her secret affair with other guys. Auri was the last straw and he couldn't take it anymore, I feel bad for him.

After that incident, our plan got a little hiccup in its way starting to happen when we got home. Our parents scolded Alex but got to understand his point of view which got them to pity him for what he's been through, the cheating has done. But through his outburst and being sent to the principal office, we had a slight change to the plan.

"You got suspended?!" Josh yelled and started pacing around our room. He then stopped and sat at his chair which was near his desk.

"How is that even possible? Can you be suspended for an argument? Wait a minute, summer vacation is just 2 days away, can he do that?" I asked them.

"I'm not sure and I don't care, that means tomorrow we have to take all the evidence and show it to the Principal and if not the school board that the school did not protect its students from getting harmed by others," Josh said he started to sigh.

"Hey sorry about what happened to Gina man, I didn't know you were facing that," I said apologetically.

"Yeah, you are patient with her, and you gave her so many chances. It seems not like you, you always have a short temper just like me." Josh commented.

"Yeah, well, I did like her and knowing that everyone got along made me happy but. Of course, It didn't last long. I did confront her when she flirted with one of the guys but she just said it was innocent and I just accepted that answer." he started to tear up. "At least with you Josh, the girls you had were nicer."

"But they didn't last long either. It's okay man." Josh said while rubbing his back. We just comforted our brother through his relationship, he may seem tough and he is but, there is this side of him that we and even Aurora know about through relationships, he gets betrayed a lot because people think by the way he is and how tough he is, he seems like a stereotypical bad boy, but that is far from the truth of who Alex is.

A lot of people stereotype all of us as brothers, Josh and the smart and educated brother who is so get-together, but no, he is just a normal guy, he is not always put together, and he can make a mess too like any other person. His relationships also went sour because they thought that he would be the right person to settle with and they only saw his 'credentials' not who he was.

For Alex, people see a bad boy, but we see a brother who is protective of his family just like Josh and I. Josh is put together when he needs to be and Alex is protective and might be angry because he is trying his best to put everything together too. He loves his family, same with Josh and me.

And for me, they say I am just the smart geeky cool brother who likes to be alone and do his own thing, like I don't like people around me. Wrong, I like people around me, it's just I need to be careful with who is around me because just like how Gina did to Alex, I have met girls who admittedly just wanted to be friends with Auri because they wanted to spend with us. That is why I am very distant from people, I don't want them to hurt me, Auri, my brothers, or my whole family.

We went to sleep and also made sure that Alex was okay, he seemed okay but what happened the next day kind of blew us all off.

When we reached the school, we had an emergency announcement from the principal. Josh and I sat next to each other in the auditorium and we were feeling anxious as something must have happened. The principal came and looked angry.

Josh whispered to me. "If anything happens, we take the fall together, you won't be alone. Dad will also try to handle everything." I looked up to him, he could risk everything, he has always been the smartest, the top student, captain of the football team and a great leader to me and Alex and he is ready to risk it all and take the fall with us.

The principal started talking. "So you all have been wondering why we are having an emergency Announcement." everyone started to chatter. "Everyone - silence. It turns out that some students think they are pranksters by smashing the school's security cameras and putting a skunk in Miss Halena's locker this morning and the recent one which is poisoning 5 students from the football team. These students think they are smart because they smash the cameras but they forgot one thing, the hours of footage that was captured before it was smashed." Josh and I just smirked. "And also the hidden cameras around the school and the street cameras that capture everything.

*Hidden? Streets* I gulped and looked at Josh, his eyes widened but still stayed calm.

"The cameras in the streets were placed there by the city and we will know who is the one that smashed the security cameras in and around the school." he continued we both were shocked and I was about to panic until I felt Josh holding my shoulder. He was calm and collected, even after knowing what was happening.

After the announcement we went back to class and I messaged Josh during class;

Me: Josh, what are we going to do?

Josh: It's okay, I got a plan to get out of this safely.

Josh raised his hand and asked to go to the bathroom, it was around 15 minutes till he came back and I started texting him again.

Me: So.........????

Josh: Handled it, Dad taking care of it.

Alex: Taking care of what? You know you both are messaging our group chat right? What if Auri saw this?

Nick: It's fine Auri is in WhatsApp hiatus, she won't see anything. We just have to delete the messages to everyone and she won't know. Case closed. She isn't a blue tick yet.

Josh: And we will tell you later on what happened after the job is done.

Nick: Does anyone think how we are doing this is like some sort of spy movie?

Alex: Yeah Mission Impossible: High school edition.

Josh: hahaha, okay we need to stop texting before the teacher sees us not paying attention Nickha ha later, Alex.

Nick: Later

Alex: Later

After school, Dad came to the school and we already prepared our videos to show to the principal and even called the superintendent of schools dad helped us with his concern about Auri's bullying. And also told us that the security cameras that the principal mentioned are not there, there are only a few that are outside the school and mostly it's the area where it is in the school parking lot.

Once the superintendent came, we told him everything and that this has been happening for a while now, the evidence is clear as he can see that during the winter dance, there were little chaperons but even the principal didn't do anything to her bullies such as suspension or anything in their records. The principal was then somehow reprimanded by the Superintendent for the negligence of his students' safety and the principal has already handled the situation we heard that all of his accomplices of Aurora had been bullied in school and got suspended and is their record now, Mason was not allowed to play Football for a while due to his suspension and also for his accomplice to the bullying.

He is allowed when he is Sophmore but he has to keep his record from getting a blot again. So if bullied anyone, he would kicked out of the school and be able to play Football and be part team again.

Just say there was no evidence against us but we did get scolded by Mom and Dad, but I think they were kinda proud at one point so our punishment wasn't severe. We just got set to our rooms for a month or so. Worth it.

But one thing is clear. Never mess with the Rossi boys!

Present - Josh's POV

We left out Dad being in a gang for Aurora as we still want her to see Dad as dad and not be a gangster for a living. Even though we knew what he did, a gangster on the outside and a spy on the inside who tried and prevent crime instead. But we told her the other truths that we did that she didn't know and her eyes widened.

"T-That all happened when I was at home?" Aurora asked and we nodded.

"It was so awesome that you guys were like spies figuring all this out. You guys could be pros at this, maybe you can work for the FBI or something."

"Or maybe an organized gang" Alex whispered and me and Josh nudged him.

"What?" she looked at us confused.

"Nothing." we all said.

She started smiling widely again and came and hugged us all at the same time. "You guys are the best brothers any girl can ask for.

"Wait......." she pulled away from us. "Okay, I have heard how Josh met Kiwi and how Alex met Tigress. What about you?" she pointed at me."

"Oh, how I met Penny? Well, she sneaked into one of my boxes when we moved into the house. I was scared at first but then she started talking in a calm voice and... she looked more scared than me, to be honest. So I named her Penny because she kinda looked like a penny to me, like her name, she tried to teach me which I did successfully little by little and I am happy she came into my life."

"Awww that is so sweet! I am happy that Rosaleen came to me as well" She started hugging Rosaleen tightly and Rosaleen said the same thing.

After that day, we were all happy learning together and we ignored all social media to pay attention to how we use our abilities. We shouldn't have done that, if we had had the time to look at our phones, we could have helped Auri again. But now we couldn't protect her like we promised to and it happened all over again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! wow, this 3 parter was one hell of a roller coaster and what do you think is going on next?

Please vote and share with your friends, also let me know what you think of this chapter.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

35.6K 2.6K 33
Aurora Moon has been kept at home under the close eyes of her dad and grandma for 17 years due to a dangerous power she holds. But after some serious...
249 0 40
17 year old Callie is at her lowest point. Alone and depressed most of the summer, she feels fat and ugly-and school starts Monday. Her mother Michel...
503 66 27
Violet is 17 years old who is still trying to find her way. Still trying to come to terms with her parents death seven years later after an awful car...
176K 7.4K 82
Every high schooler says that high school is hell, but for an eighteen-year-old, Isla, it really is. For someone who is so sweet and pure she doesn'...