Lenaria: The Party Begins CON...

By eugenia_8008

This is the continuation of Lenaria: The Party Begins because Wattpad only allows 200 chapters. Read my book... More

Author's Note
Promise - Part 5
Promise - Part 6
Promise - Part 8
Promise - Part 9
Promise - Part 10
Intermission
Intermisson
Until Next Time - Part 1
Until Next Time - Part 2
Until Next Time - Part 3
Until Next Time - Part 4
Until Next Time - Part 5
Until Next Time- Part 6
Until Next Time - Part 7
Until Next Time - Part 8
Until Next Time - Part 9
Until Next Time - Part 10
Until Next Time - Part 11
Until Next Time - Part 12
Until Next Time - Part 13
Until Next Time - Part 14
Until Next Time - Part 15
Until Next Time Part 16
Until Next Time - Part 17
Until Next Time - Part 18
Until Next Time - Part 19
Until Next Time - Part 20
Intermission - The Final Chapter

Promise - Part 7

10 0 4
By eugenia_8008

The crew was rushed into the building, finding the inside very barren. It was the village's inn. There were a couple of servants idly cleaning, mostly wearing worn-out uniforms.

The old man sighed, sitting down in a rigid chair. Mori's bones creaked as he settled in, resting the cane between his legs. Hinata quickly went to her grandfather's side, worriedly checking to make sure he was alright.

Evgenia frowned, even the inside of the building was dull. Whatever happened to the cheery village?

"A lot has happened since you left," Mori said, smiling gratefully when a young servant gave him a glass of water.

Evgenia asked, "What happened?"

The old man sighed, scratching his bearded chin. Stressed wrinkled dragged from his eyes as he sadly contemplated his words. Finally, he simply answered, "His Majesty took away our mages."

Of course...

"We didn't even have that many, only around ten," Hinata bitterly said, scowling at nothing in particular. She gritted her teeth, "They took away everything magic related as well... There's been anti-magic laws implemented in the countryside."

Evgenia and Victor shared a worried look.

Their parents-

"My home," Momoko hastily said, "What happened to it?"

Mori coughed, making Hinata nudge the glass of water to him. The old man drank, Hinata gently rubbing his back.

After drinking, the old man answered, "His Majesty heard Mt. Momokona was the home of a spirit. He came here searching for you, fortunately you weren't there."

"But- my-" Momoko covered her mouth, eyes widening.

Mori shook his head, "He took resources from your mountain."

"We tried to stop him," Hinata stated, hands shaking violently, "But... That only ended in lives from our village being taken."

Momoko choked, turning away to hide her crying. She walked away, hugging herself.

The crew could only watch her.

King Faust was going to take Momoko as well. If she wasn't with them, then she'd be... No, that can't happen.

Something bugged Evgenia however.

They said King Faust took resources from Mt. Momokona but... last time she checked the mountain was dying.

Unless... Oh no.

Evgenia gulped, "Momoko." The spirit slowly turned to her, eyes red and swollen. The witch bit her lip, hesitating in her words. Momoko needed to know. "He wasn't there to take your resources."

Momoko closed her eyes. Quietly, very very quietly, the spirit said, "I know."

At that moment, everyone was hit with the realization of King Faust's true intent on destroying the mountain.

It wasn't for the greed to get resources.

Momoko shakingly said, "If I die, I can't come back."

Unlike Idris, who's oasis was said to be the most beautiful in all of Scarabia, Mt. Momokona is nothing but a mountain of emptiness. If Momoko suffers death, then she can't reincarnate back at her home. She'll be gone... forever.

Most likely it was an act of wrath and malice from the king. A message telling Momoko- no, all mages- that no matter what, death will await them at the end of this tale.

Mori coughed again, making Hinata hand him the water again. The woman brushed her long hair back, turning to the crew briefly to say, "You can't stay here, the Royal Alchemist is coming here very soon to do a check up on the-"

"The alchemist?" Minerva gasped. Her hand flew to her sword, gripping the handle tightly.

Omis growled, eyes piercing when the world alchemist was thrown.

"We'll leave," Evgenia shot Minerva a stern look before patting Omis on the snout. The witch sadly looked down at Mori, the small old man looked so tired and weak. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be," He said, offering a small smile, "None of this is your fault."

Before another word could be said, a person ran into the inn, throwing the doors open. They were flushed, panting heavily as they quickly said, "They're here!"

Oh shit-

Hinata pushed the crew aside, taking them to the back only meant for employees, "Hide in here!"

The crew shuffled in, surprising the servants when Omis squeezed in there with them. Hinata shut the door behind them, rushing to her grandfather to help her up.

Right at the moment, the doors opened.

A soldier wearing black armor, with their face hidden by a helmet, ordered the people in the inn to bow down.

Hinata helped her grandfather to his knees.

The back room door had a small window, so Minerva peeked out. The window had a small curtain, thankfully it was big enough to hide her. The knight's eyes widened with fury when someone else walked into the inn.

Wearing the same old white lab coat and hair in messy krinkles, was Joana. The alchemist reached a gloved hand to her glasses, pushing them up.

Her boots creaked on the floorboards as she looked around the inn's main hall, raising an eyebrow curiously at the people bowing before her.

Minerva gritted her teeth, eyes flaring with fire as she glared at Joana through the door window. Seeing her hands shaking with anticipation, Momoko grabbed hers and looked at her, pleading the knight to calm down.

Minerva looked back at Momoko, feeling guilty at her anger.

Evgenia pulled the two away from the door, silently glaring at them.

"I'm here to talk to the village leader," Joana said, voice blank and void.

Hinata cleared her throat, head still looking at the floor, "He's ill, Ma'am."

"Hm," Joana clicked her tongue, "Well, I'm aware of that. I heard there is another man here who is favored by the village. Mori, was it?"

Hinata glanced at her grandfather.

That was enough for Joana to know. The alchemist pointed at the old man, ordering him to stand.

Mori slowly stood up, leaning on his cane for support. He coughed, quickly asking, "What may I help you with?"

"I originally came here to do a normal check up on the village, making sure there are no," She looked around the inn, watching the squirming of every person in the building, "No mages."

"There are none here-"

"But," Joana started to slowly walk around, eyes glinting as she scanned the main hall, "I've just heard that a few certain... travelers appeared in this village. Out of thin air. In a flash of light. How might you explain that?" She looked back, eyeing Mori. The old man refused to look at her.

She squinted her eyes at him, watching him anxiously tremble.

Evgenia motioned for her friends to stay quiet before peeking through the small opening. She frowned, eyeing the alchemist. This is the first she ever laid eyes on the Royal Alchemist of Renaisse. She wasn't impressed to be honest. Evgenia was expecting a more flashy appearance.

Joana was simple looking, lanky and tall. Under her white lab coat was a black turtnle neck shirt that looked like it was a wrap around on the chest. The alchemist had a knee-length black skirt with leggings under it, wearing dark boots.

Round glasses rested on Joana's thin pointed nose.

Victor whispered, "What do you see?"

Evgenia held up a finger as she continued spying.

Joana sighed, "This is an inn, I'm feeling a tad thirsty."

This is her moment.

Evgenia looked around hastily, finding a spare uniform. Snapping her fingers, she quickly switched her clothing out with the uniform. Levitating a cup, she found a small water pitcher and grabbed it.

Before leaving, the witch pushed back her hair and pinned it back with a headband that was left abandoned at a counter. Finding a tube of lipstick as well, she swiped it on her lips quickly. Before her friends could stop her, Evgenia pushed past the door.

Hinata was the first to spot her, eyes widening at Evgenia. She didn't recognize the witch at first with the uniform of the inn, added with Evgenia's hair not being in its usual style and the lipstick, the witch passed off well as a normal inn employee.

Evgenia rushed to Joana, who had seated herself at a small table. The witch glanced at the soldier that was standing guard next to the alchemist.

Joana didn't bother look at Evgenia as the witch poured her a drink.

Evgenia gulped. She could feel it.

The magic leaking off of Joana, magic that didn't belong to her.

Evgenia blinked, getting lost in the thick aura of lost magic coming from Joana. Her hands were shaking as the water continued to pour out from the pitcher.

It wasn't until the alchemist hissed at Evgenia that she snapped back to reality.

Joana flinched back, growling at Evgenia, "Watch how much your pouring!" The alchemist groaned as she looked down at the water that had gotten on her skirt. Evgenia pretended to act apologetic, putting on a good pitiful mask as she rushed back to get a towel.

Returning, Evgenia quickly handed Joana the towel.

When Joana looked up to get the towel, Evgenia saw it.

Hanging on a thin silver chain around Joana's neck, was two golden rings with matching purple gems on it.

Evgenia's eyes widened at those rings. They glittered, sparkling at the witch.

Joana snatched the towel, dabbing at her wet skirt. Another servant came up, holding a new pitcher of water. Evgenia quickly turned around, running into the back room.

Shutting the door behind her, Evgenia snapped her fingers to switch into her clothing.

Panting violently, Evgenia grabbed Victor's hand as he asked what was wrong. She pushed Omis towards the back exit, quickly saying, "We have to go, now!"

...

After the Royal Alchemist had taken her leave, taking all the soldiers with her, Hinata and Mori went to check on the crew.

When they opened the back room however, it was empty. The back exit door was open.

A note was left on the wall, saying, "Sorry."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 64 172
continuation of the original series "Ethereal Ascendance: A Journey of Transformation", due to Wattpad not supporting more than 200 chapters in a sto...
9.9K 175 26
Hello there reader! This is actually my first book I've ever written in wattpad so I don't know if it's gonna be good for you but yeah enjoy!
48.6K 6K 170
When she dies of a serious illness, she still remembers her friends from a MMORPG that she had played years ago, and an NPC that has remained in her...
14.6K 333 36
Final chapter to my Leonetta trilogy. If you have not read Book 1 or Book 2 please do so, links below. {Book 1} https://www.wattpad.com/story/1026171...