Fighting For Mason(COMPLETED)...

By strawberrytrifles

This book is dedicated to all fighters either battling life threatening diseases, life problems, depression o... More

Dang! Do we have to do this?🙄
Characters descriptions/Casts/Covers
Dedication
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY- THREE
A Letter To Mom and Dad
A Letter to Emily Lightning
A Letter to Carson and Serenity
A Letter to Xavier and Ryder
A Letter to Brit and Scar
A Letter to Mason
A Letter to Mrs Levinson
FIVE YEARS AFTER HAILEY'S DEATH
FIVE YEARS LATER (ALTERNATIVE ENDING)
AUTHOR'S NOTE/APPRECIATION.
Fighting For Mason on other apps?

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

1.1K 49 4
By strawberrytrifles

A/N- Hello Wednesday 😊 Guess who came bearing an update?
Me😁
Enjoy 🥂

"Heavenly Father we at your presence today, we hope that you bless this food and provide for people who can't afford it. In Christ name I have prayed. Amen."
"Amen." My parents chorused as we all opened our eyes and started eating.

The week has been as normal as it can be. I have returned to school and my friends are still treating me as normal as possible. Brie still cringes anytime I and Scar slam her car door. We still tease each other and still do everything we used to do everyday.
Today I decided to have dinner with my parents for two major reasons, one, I want to unite us together in prayer as a family and what better way to do it than dinner, two, I want to tell them about I and Mason's two weeks trip.

"So mom and dad," I started as soon as we were done with our dessert, "I have written a list of what I really want to do and some of them are not in this country. Is it alright if I traveled to do them? Plus, I've already gotten permission from school. So you wouldn't have to bother about that."

My dad furrowed his brows and asked, "You'll be going alone? Isn't that you know... Risky?" Concern was written all over his face.
I scoffed and smiled, "You both know that I have always had a plus one since I was twelve. Mason decided to tag along."
Mom and Dad then made the 'ahhh, okay. All good.' sound.

"Welllll..." Mom drawled and then continued, "Since Mason decided to tag along, it's fine. We were just worried that nobody will be able to monitor you, you know, in case of any minor complication. You are free to go and just know that we," She said, gesturing at her and my dad, "are happy that you're doing this. You need to be out there and claiming the world and having fun, not idling around and moping."

"One, you are the only parents that will let their daughter go if a guy is following her. What if I go and wind up pregnant? Two, I don't mope around. I attend school, last I checked, school activities is not moping around," I turned to look at the both of them and asked, "What sort of parents call going to school moping around?"
My dad smiled and said, "You're behind the trend Hailey. We are the 'cool and unconventional' type of parents."

I burst into laughter 'cause in case you haven't noticed, my dad isn't one for words. That is usually my mom's fort, so I wasn't expecting my dad to say something like that.
"Whatever floats your boat Dad... Whatever floats your boat." I said when my laughter dwindled.
My dad simply smiled at me. I can certainly say it anywhere that I love my family. My only regret is that I'm not going to be with them for long.

        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
"So this was when Mason decided he was into ballet and no matter how I tried to dissuade him, he still refused." Mason's mom smiled fondly as she pointed out a picture of Mason in a tutu.

I smiled as I took a picture of it with my mini camera. This picture is so going into the assignment video. We have decided to kill two birds with one stone. Any event we witness in each other's life, we either take a picture or make a video of it. Then we'll compile it together and submit it as our project. So before we'll think I'm being mean to Mason by adding a picture of his tutu baby picture, it's all for the success of our project. Okay, I'm lying, I just like being mean to him.

Should you wonder if Mason is in on this, the answer is, no. Which is why he's by the corner of the room glaring at his mom and I.
"The way you enjoy knowing embarrassing stuffs about me makes me wonder if we are really friends." Mason said while staring at me grudgingly.

"Come on darling, you know I love you so much. Else, how will I enjoy tormenting you? So come off it, okay?" I said, imitating a posh British accent.
He just rolled his eyes and stalked upstairs feigning anger while I and his mom started laughing.

"So Hailey," His mom started as soon as our laughter died down, "I want to apologise for being too emotional that day when you told me about your condition. I was just so overwhelmed with emotions and all."
I smiled a bit, " It's okay ma. No one apologizes for that sort of thing. It's fine, no need to worry about it. If it's any consolation, I definitely acted worse than you did when I was told."
She shook her head and smiled, "This is why I like you. Always trying to smoothen the rough edges. That being said, a little birdie told me you both are traveling the world together for two weeks."

"That little birdie is obviously Mason," I smiled and continued, "The little birdie actually exaggerated. It's more of two countries, out of the whole world." I knew Mason never told his mom we were touring the world. His mom was just like that, making things look more fun and more meaningful that it actually is.
"Well, I just want you guys to have a swell time. Don't think during this vacation dear, just forget about all your problems and have fun. It'll make you feel like you purged out all the bad energy from your life. This is coming from an experienced corner, so trust me."

I nodded my head in agreement 'cause I already planned to do that.
Mason's mom drew closer as her voice fell into a hushed whisper possibly so if Mason comes into the living room he wouldn't hear her.

"I really don't know how Mason's going to feel when you are gone finally. After Mason's Dad died he became really heartbroken. This is the sixth country we've come to since Mason's Dad died. I know his Dad's death is a really touchy topic, but as a mother I saw what his Dad's death did to him. It broke him Hailey. Do you know what Mason did when he first met you the day you pushed him down the stairs?" She asked.

I shook my head in reply.
"He said 'Mom you can unpack your bags now, this is where I want to stay.' He took to you Hailey. You were the first real friend he's had, before the remaining of your clique. You don't need rocket science to know that he's closer to you than the rest of your friends. Which is why I want to ask you for a favor. Can I?
I nodded my head 'cause at this moment words have failed me.

"Mason told me you don't want to have surgery because of the severity of your cancer. I don't know if you'll ever change your mind but however things will be, I want you to try to make your death hurt less for Mason. I saw what his Dad's death did to him, I feel like you'll even have a greater effect. Mason may act like he's all cool with your condition but he isn't.
He doesn't eat as much as before and anytime I peep into his room, I see him either hugging or staring at pictures you both took together. He's at the stage where he can't believe this is really happening. You've always be stronger emotionally than he's ever been, so please be his anchor. That's all I truly ask for you. I want to say you don't deserve any of this but God knows the best and know that you're truly loved from this side. Thanks..." She stopped and sniffed, tears brimming in her eyes as she tried to blink them away as she continued, "So sorry I'm getting all emotional again. Thanks for bringing my son back to me and for keeping him emotionally okay for the past five years. I truly appreciate it."

I smiled sadly at her, "Thanks so much for accepting me as your son's friend even when I pushed him down the stairs. For being pratically like a second mom to me. I truly appreciate it." A tear rolled down my left cheek as I hastily used my left palm to wipe it off. Things like this just keeps pointing to the fact that I don't have so much time on earth.

"It's nothing... It's nothing. I'm so glad my son had the opportunity to meet someone as amazing as you and also have the privilege to call you his friend." She said and pulled me into a tight hug. I felt some drops of tears on my top and I knew Mason's mom was crying behind me. I shut my eyes tightly so mine doesn't roll out.

Whoever said saying goodbye is the the easiest thing ever is a huge liar. Goodbye is the hardest thing ever and saying goodbye is like putting the final nails on a coffin.
She pulled away from the hug, "So sorry for getting this emotional."
I laughed in a hollow way, "It's fine. These things happen."

She got the tissue box on the center table and wiped her eyes.
Mason came into the room as we were still whispering some words of comfort.
"What are you both whispering about? I can't believe you both are still laughing at my pictures. Hailey, it's official we are no longer friends. Keep teaming up with my mom." He playfully glared at me.

I smiled at this moment, promising myself to have these memories cluched tight to my chest for as long as I live.
At this moment dying that felt so easy to me, now feels like forcing a camel through the hole of a needle.
It's so hard to see the pain my loved ones are going through because of me. I wish there's a way I could lessen the pain they're feeling, but that'll be difficult 'cause I'm also going through a lot of pain myself.

How can the wounded console the hurt?

A/N- Hailey is hurt. She wishes to console but can't 'cause she's also hurt.

Till the next update,
Bye🚶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 196 34
Abigail White is a small town girl from Oklahoma with a past that no one knows about but her and The Big Man Himself. Her mother was killed in a car...
969K 72.1K 49
"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche "We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in...
1.2K 246 19
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...
236K 7.9K 45
"I have cancer." This sentence is something that Clare never wants to come out of her mouth. Clare, who has had cancer for years, is starting to give...