"I love how this book is turning out!😍 Not cliche at all!" - i_hatecliche
"We might live next door to each other," Haley said, "but we don't live in the same world."
Hooking her fingers around her backpack straps, she walked away from Jace. She had barely gone a few steps before he was at her side again.
"What makes you believe we don't live in the same world?" he asked. "As far as I can tell, we do."
"No, we don't. I'm...me and you're Jace Cortez. The dream of every girl. The friend to every guy. The star of the school. Girls. Sports. You're the ultimate player."
"It sounds like you have a preconceived notion of who I am."
"And it's one that has yet to be proven wrong."
From books and a lifetime of sitting on the sidelines, Haley is convinced she knows how the world works, specifically high school. Everyone has a label and a box they fit in.
This knowledge, paired with parents who are fighting, a brother leaving soon for college and a best friend who moved away has made her decide to never get involved.
It will take being forced to work with her fellow juniors on a project, a boy next door - with a infectious smile, a star gazer with an adorable puppy, and an unlikely pair of fangirls to make her see how truly wrong she was about everything.
"IT'S NOT CLICHÉ!!!" - Moria987
"This is the reason y I keep coming back to this book...It's simply a breathtaking journey" - mariyamsajorawala
"I don't usually comment but this is one of the best books I've read here. I love the fact that it's realistic and focuses on things that really hinder human interaction, perceptions and stereotypes." - yurfavegal
"just gets better and better. How are all your characters 3D! Like this writing is so beautiful" - CrazyStarChick
"Reading it for the second time, and the book still brings a smile to my face 😆" - grumpymood
"She's practically Carter's twin 😂😂" - Guardian_21
#6 in Teen Romance
- Cast List
- Worst Author's Note Ever
- Chapter 1 - "Put on a shirt."
- Chapter 2 - "You're not special."
- Chapter 3 - "What's wrong with being alone?"
- Chapter 4 - "In case you're wondering, it's for drug running."
- Chapter 5 - "No promises."
- Chapter 6 - "Did you just say you'll talk to the nail?"
- Chapter 7 - "Tempting, but I'll pass."
- Chapter 8 - "Why did you come over?"
- Chapter 9 - "Ummm...where's dad?"
- Chapter 10 - "Cal, ninjas! Hide!"
- Chapter 11 - "Can you give me a ride home?"
- Chapter 12 - "Now you're the one flirting with me."
- Chapter 13 - "I liked the monkey shorts better."
- Chapter 14 - "You two are great together."
- Chapter 15 - "Oh my gosh, who freaking cares?"
- Chapter 16 - "We're not dating."
- Chapter 17 - "I promise I won't leave."
- Chapter 18 - "I see you, Haley Day."
- Chapter 19 - "I might have to take you up on that offer sometime."
- Chapter 20 - "What can I say I'm full of surprises."
- Chapter 21 - "Are you happy, Haley Day?"
- Chapter 22 - "What they say isn't true."
- Chapter 23 - "Why did you ask me to come over?"
- Chapter 24 - "Why were you even drinking?"
- Chapter 25 - "No, I'm fine."
- Chapter 26 - "I don't want to drown myself in ice cream."
- Chapter 27 - "It's a bit of a cliché, right?"
- Chapter 28 - "Why didn't you invite me?"
- Chapter 29 - "I'm still yours."
- Chapter 30 - "You flashed us earlier. I'm guessing that counts."
- Chapter 31 - "Ha! I knew I was your source of happiness."
- Chapter 32 - "I think you'd look good in anything."
- Chapter 33 - "I knew you only liked me for my body."
- Chapter 34 - "I did warn you."
- Chapter 35 - "You're still on to man the kissing booth, correct?"
- Chapter 36 - "The kissing booth."
- Chapter 37 - "Is this where I get a free kiss?"
- Chapter 38 - "I don't want to talk."
- Chapter 39 - "Why do you care?"
- Chapter 40 - "Is there anything I can do?"
- Chapter 41 - "Why are you lying?"
- Chapter 42 - "We fix Haley Day's broken heart."
- Chapter 43 - "There's the Haley Day I know."
- My Heart Is Yours
- Haley Meets Carter
- Six Years Later