Cherry- H.S

By fuxkingharrry

Don't you call her baby. We're not talking lately. Don't you call her what you used to call me... A story in... More

Sweet Creature.
Meet Me In The Hallway.
Particles.
Anna.
Dancing With Your Ghost.
Party In The U.S.A.
Somewhere Over The Rainbow.
Graveyard.
From The Dining Table.
Love Song.
Rainbow.
This.
Sign Of The Times.
Selfish.
I Can't Sleep.
A Little Too Much.
River Of Tears.
26.
Lost Stars.
Medicine.
Deep End.
Make You Feel My Love.
Mr. Blue Sky.
Mr. Blue Sky Pt.2
Trying My Best.
Symphony.
Dirty Converse.
So I Don't Let Me Down.
Ready Now.
Windkeeper.
Irresistible.
Irresistible Pt. 2
All I Want.
Tonight.
Cherry.
Adore You.
To Be So Lonely.
Medley.
She.
Golden.
Falling.
Dancing Under Red Skies.
I Can't Breathe.
For Now.
Control.
From Now On.
She Sets The City On Fire.
Unconditional.
First Time.
This Little Story.
Lover Of Mine.
Him & I.
Every Color.
Canyon Moon.
Control.
Treat People With Kindness.
Summer.
In Case You Don't Live Forever.
Good Kisser.
Moment.
(F**k A) Silver Lining.
Queen Of Silver Linings.
Beige.
Woman.
Published!
Epilogue pt. 1
Epilogue pt. 2
Epilogue pt. 3
Character Q&A!!

Fine Line.

139K 3.5K 37.9K
By fuxkingharrry

A/N: you've made it.. let's finish it together. I love y'all so much.

PSA: this will be in 4 different POV's so make sure you're paying attention to that!

Also, I promise playing fine line at the exact moment it tells you to will make it so much better(:

Ahh I'm nervous and excited let's do this.

SANDY'S POV:

Well, Harry stepped out for the last half of the day to be with Mitch... But mostly to give me some time with my best friend. Holy shit I really didn't think this day would come... The day I saw her giving a serious fuck about herself. I had always wished and hoped for it, but I didn't know if I'd ever see it... She told me a little over a month ago that she was moving back to Nevada alone. She told me she had already told Harry the day before, and I was definitely shocked. I was sad over it only for a few minutes, knowing if I really feel like bothering her I can make the drive to do it...

It's odd to think that I won't be hearing that smoothie shop door ring, and I wont see her bright blonde hair walking through the door anymore though... I've been friends with her since she got here. That's seven years of friendship we've had... She's the longest friend I've actually ever had now that I think about it, and she can easily take the title for the best friend I've ever had, and will ever have..

Shit I need to stop treating it like she's dying.. She's moving a few hours away, it's not the end of the world.. I tape over one of the boxes again, making sure it's all sealed and contained, and the bathroom door opens. She walks out with wet hair, but clothes on, and I go back to taping the box.

"Thank you.. For helping me I mean." She speaks out as she throws her towel in a hamper.

"Bitch shut up, you don't have to thank me.. If packing with you is how I can get you alone I'd take it any day... But I think you're all packed up.. I'm pretty sure everything is done." I tell her, looking at the boxes stacked up around the two of us.

"It's weird... It's always been weird seeing the boxes I mean... It's like when you're living somewhere everything seems like so much, but when you look at it from this perspective, and you see that your entire life can fit in a few boxes it's just.. It's odd." She shakes her head, and throws herself on the edge of the bed, looking straight up at the ceiling. I walk towards her, and throw myself on the bed right next to her, looking at the same thing.

"How are you feeling?" I ask, knowing she's the queen of overthinking literally everything.

"Sandy, do you think I'm making the right choice?" She asks softly.

"I do.. Hell yeah I do. None of us want you to go... Not a single one of us but we know damn well it's what you need, and it's what you've needed for years now.. It's bittersweet." I tell her honestly.

"It really is... Half of me is excited, and the other half of me is scared as hell.." She tells me, and it sounds like she's getting choked up. I sit there in silence, waiting for her to say something else, and just as soon as I think she wont I hear her let out a heavy breath, and I see her wipe under her eyes. "I'm so scared of this Sandy... I don't want it to be for nothing, I don't want this to be a mistake." She speaks softly now, and I stand up, and pull her to a sitting position. I bend down so I'm eye level with her and I keep hold of her shoulders.

"Listen to me. Darlene Summers you never do things without a purpose. You never have, and you never will. You are constantly doing better than your past self, and you're constantly blowing everyones mind around you. You aren't making a mistake... It can't be for nothing because you're going to do amazing things. None of us know what yet, I don't even think you know what you want to do yet, but whatever it is it'll be the best thing because you did it... The self doubt is the thing that's been keeping you here. As soon as you let go of that, you're free... Let yourself be free bitch! Be a butterfly, not a caterpillar." I give her a nod, and she laughs with tears in her eyes.

"I'm lucky to have a friend that compares me to a caterpillar... You'll come visit me right?" She asks, and I scoff.

"You can't get rid of me, and you're funny if you think you can.. Me and Easton both are going to be banging your door down, and please dear god if you decide to hop on a plane and just go somewhere for the hell of it you'll let me know ahead of time.. I don't want to show up at your house and shit my pants because you're just MIA." I tell her, knowing it's just like her to disappear to another country for no apparent reason.

"I promise. Scouts honor." She crosses her heart, and I roll my eyes.

"Alright, are you ready to go, and meet everyone?" I ask, knowing the whole crew is probably waiting at Mitch's house at this point.

"Yeah, let's go." She nods her head, and I grab my keys.

MITCH'S POV:

I walk back into the living room and see Harry sitting there with a drink in his hand, his head propped up on his other hand as he stares at the liquid in his glass.

"Alright Mr. Mopey, talk to me." I sigh out, and walk into the room. Harry looks over his shoulder but then slowly looks back to his drink, keeping himself quiet. "Okay dude, I know you're bummed, we all are, but you're gonna stay this way if you don't talk it out." I tell him. Didn't Cherry beat this shit out of him already?

"There's nothing to talk about. I'm upset but I shouldn't be." He tells me, and I raise an eyebrow in question.

"Where does it say that you shouldn't be upset?" I ask him, and he shrugs his shoulders. "Oh, so you're telling yourself you're not allowed to be upset, is that what it is?" I ask, and he sighs, sitting up, and putting his drink on the table.

"I shouldn't be because this is something she needs, but I am because... it doesn't even matter." He shakes his head, and I want to rip it off sometimes.

"No it does matter. You have every right to be upset, and sad, and whatever you want. The woman you love is about to walk out the door, and move away. You told me this time last year that you were going to marry this girl, so yeah you have every right to be upset.. You shouldn't project that on her, and hold her back but in case you haven't noticed I'm not her." I motion to myself, and he lets out a soft chuckle, shaking his head.

"I guess it's the thought of her walking out the door tomorrow, and me not knowing if that'll be the last time I see her face to face again. They always say if you love someone you've got to let them go, but they never warn you about the fear you have about them never coming back." He speaks out, his voice low, and down.

"Well that's the shitty part of it, but you're my best friend, so is she... And come on... Do you really think Cherry will go without seeing me for too long, dude she loves me.. You'll run into each other again." I open my arms up, and receive a pillow to the face.

"Shut up Mitch." He props his head up again, and crosses the other arm over his chest.

"I'm just fucking with you... It is the shitty part though.. The thought of not knowing, but you know what you can think about instead?" I ask, and he shrugs his shoulders. "You can think about the fact that even if you never see her face to face again that she's doing everything with the opportunity she has, and that she's living the life she'd always wanted... You'll know she's happy, and she's healthy, and she's smiling... and you love her, and you're into all that romantic shit even though you'll never admit it so I know that you like that thought." I tell him, getting real.

"I do like that thought... Even if I'm not a part of it." He speaks, staring down at the table in front of him.

"Okay let's be honest for a second. There's no way in fucking hell you wont see that woman again Harry. You two are fucking soulmates, and we're not going to pretend you're not. Give her space, and show up at her damn door... Swoop in like the night in shining armor that you pretend you are.. I don't know how it will play out, but it's not an option. I'll be the one to force the two of you together if I have to.." I reassure him.

"I love her." He speaks out as if I couldn't fucking tell by the way his eyes get all soft and mushy when she walks into the room.

"I think the entire world knows that." I laugh, and the door opens.

"Where the fuck is the tequila?" Sandy yells, and I hear stomping upstairs.

"Cherry!!!!!" Sarah shouts, and runs down the stairs, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"Hey Sarah." She laughs, hugging her back, but it's obvious she's not feeling completely herself right now. I notice Harry, and once again see those mushy soft fucking eyes when he looks at her. I stand up, and walk towards the door. Fuck, don't cry Mitch, keep it together.. I talk myself out of emotions right now as I walk up to her, knowing damn well I'm going to miss the fuck out of her. She really is like a family member at this point.. And she keeps me from strangling Harry on tour so how the hell am I supposed to go about not... you know strangling him in a few months when we leave?

"Cherry Bomb!" I speak out, and she smiles, opening her arms to me. I hug her, and keep her tucked under my arm as we walk. "How're you feeling kid?" I ask, and she sighs, and shrugs.

"A little sad.. But I'm okay." She tells me honestly, just like always.

"No sad time tonight... We're throwing you a going away party this is the happiest time because we're all here, and where the fuck is Easton, and Jeffrey?" I ask, noticing they're not here.

"Jeff is on his way." Harry speaks out.

"Easton is too!" Sandy shouts from the kitchen, and I instantly go on red alert. She's found the alcohol... Cherry walks away from my side, and moves to Harry. He opens his arms to her, and she sits down on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. He tucks his head under and hugs himself to her. My heart melts a little bit, but I walk away, not wanting to invade that moment... I'm happy for him.. I really am happy for him because I've seen him go through the fucking ringer.

Time and time again I've watched him get handed the shit end of the stick when I know damn well he doesn't deserve it. He may be a dickhead sometimes, and he may annoy the everloving shit out of me but he's a good person. He's my best friend... He deserves her because even if he's never said it outwardly she's one of the best things that's ever happened to him... I have no doubt in my mind they'll meet again. I have no doubt in my mind that they'll live the rest of their lives together, but first she needs to live by herself, and be happy with that... And I'm really proud of her for that.

When I first met her she was quiet as hell, she was scared to speak out loud, and she even looked small. She looked like she was afraid to breathe wrong in front of us.. Now she's strong, and unapologetic.. I can't fucking wait to see her in a few months or years.. She's going to be unstoppable..

HARRY'S POV:

I hear the blaring noise of my alarm clock, but I let it ring. My eyes are open, staring at the wall in front of me, and the sound continues to go and go, but I'm completely unbothered by it.

"You going to get that?" She asks from beside me.

"Nope." I tell her.

"And why not?" She asks.

"Because if I pretend I don't hear it then I don't have to get out of bed." I explain, and she reaches over me, turning it off. I lay flat on my back now and she moves on top of me, resting on my bare chest.

"We don't have to get out of bed yet." She tells me.

"How about never?" I ask softly, my hand finding her head so I can run my fingers through her hair.

"I don't think that would work very well.." She sighs.

"I know... I know it won't." I sigh as well. I don't want her to go, but there's no use in speaking it out because it wouldn't be fair. She needs to go... She needs this for herself. I need to keep reminding myself of that...

"Hey bub.." She speaks softly.

"Hey baby.." I reply, still staring at the ceiling.

"I'm not okay right now..." She tells me, and the words shock me. I wait, thinking of how to reply. She's been very open with me the past month about everything, but she's also been very strong about all of this... I feel a soft shake as I sit there, and I realize she's crying. I look down, and bring her up, and towards me so I can look at her face.

"Hey, no crying.." I speak softly, and wipe under her eyes, holding her face in my hands.

"I need to leave, but I don't want to leave you." She tells me honestly. I would be lying if that sentence didn't make me feel better, knowing she'll miss me...

"I don't want you to leave me either... Not one bit, but you know what?" I ask, and she shuts her eyes tight. "Hey, you know what?" I repeat, and lift her chin up.

"What?" She pushes her words out.

"Sometimes the things that hurt us the most are the things that help us in the end... As much as I don't want you to leave.. As much as it kills the both of us to have to let the other go... It's going to help both of us.. Somehow someway this is going to work... You've got this, you always have." I encourage her.

"Do you think it's possible to fall out of love with someone?" She asks, and the question knocks me back.. So that's what this is about..

"No... I think if you truly love someone then it stays that way.. You can fall in love again, but you'll never lose the love you have for that other person... I think if you've fallen out of love there was never love there in the first place..." I explain, knowing that's how I've always felt on the topic. "I truly love you... I'm always gonna feel it right here.." I move her hand to my chest, right in the middle where my heart is. I stare straight into her eyes, and she locks her eyes with mine.

"I truly love you..." She tells me, and I press my lips into a smile, and pull her forward, hugging her to my chest.

"It's going to be alright.. You're going to love every bit of this once you get used to it." I tell her, knowing how true it is.

"What if I never get used to it?" She asks, and I shake my head.

"Well... You've always got a place with us on tour.. Or here, or wherever... But you're not going to go into this telling yourself that you won't be doing it long... You've got to go in with an open mind, and try to adjust, and try to love it... For me, please.." I tell her.

*PLAY FINE LINE NOW*

"You seem really okay right now.." She speaks out, and I shake my head.

"I'm not... But I want you to be happy.. And I want what's best for you. So I'm going to get over it because I know what's best for you is what you're doing..." I tell her. "Everyone is going to be here soon... We should start getting some things in the trailer." I tell her, and she sighs. She pushes herself out of bed, and she still has an effortless beauty. She always will, no matter what.. She's still the fresh faced girl in a vintage tshirt that I fell in love with...

CHERRY'S POV:

We got ready... Only simple things, brushing our hair and teeth, getting dressed in simple clothes. We moved every single box downstairs, and soon after tried our best to get the cats in their carriers. Harry made the decision to send Blue with me because I'm better with cats, and of course it'll be easier for me to take care of them opposed to him considering he'll be in a new city every night. So now they're both mine. I bought my old house, the one I grew up in... I had looked for places to go, places to live, and places I could call my home.. For fun I searched that address, and the house was for sale.. And now it's mine again... All mine in a few hours.

"Cherry bombbbbb!!!!" The front door opens, and Harry, and I both turn to see Mitch, Sarah, Sandy, and Easton walking through the door. Don't cry, dammit, don't cry... I walk up, and give each of them a hug, squeezing them tight, and long.

"Alright these boxes aren't going to move themselves." Sandy claps her hands, and I smile at her as she pats my shoulder. We all work together, grabbing boxes, moving everything here into the trailer latched onto the back of my car. Mitch, and Sarah start moving the last of it, putting small things inside the car instead of the trailer, and that's when the garage door opens up. I turn back to look, and see Harry walking out with something wheeling beside him.

"Can't forget this.." He speaks up with a smile on his lips. The yellow bike looks me in the face... Well hello old friend... I take it from his hands, and stand on my tip toes, pressing a kiss to his cheek as I walk it up the ramp and into the trailer. I stare at everything, seeing it all back there, and my heart feels heavy, but it's heavy because of how incredibly full it is right now. The people here, the people around me are my family... No matter the distance, no matter what they're here right now... They will be forever despite the separate paths we're all about to be on..

I walk up the ramp, and jump up to grab the string that hangs off of the door. Once my fingers hook around it I grab on and pull down, closing it. Once it's closed I lock it, and swipe my hands on my jeans, turning around to see a line of my biggest supporters looking back at me.

Sandy, my friend from the beginning, the only human who really kept me going through every bit of shit I went through back then. She always supported me in my music, my dreams, my wants, and wishes. She always had a smoothie waiting when I needed it the most...

Easton, someone who was in awe of me.. Someone I didn't know at all, but someone who made it extremely easy to be creative.. Someone who I later was in awe of for his strength, and integrity.. Someone who's been there for me through loss, and love.

Sarah, a woman who quickly became one of my best friends. Someone who made it easy to smile, and hard to forget who I was. She never stopped caring, and I know she never will.

Mitch... Father Mitch, Mitch the bad bitch... The man who was a mystery at first but later became my friend.. My best friend. The best advice giver, the person who I know I could call at any hour of the day for any situation I'm in... The person who's picked me up off the floor too many times. The person who never hesitates to tell me how it is, and never hesitates to set me straight when I get off track. The person who outwardly looks unbothered and uncaring but truly cares more than anyone in the world.

Then there's him... There's Harry.. The man who walked in as I sat at the piano. He walked in and took my nerves away. He ripped me open, and found me out. He helped me, he hurt me, he loves me. He's everything all in one. He's always been a beautiful mess. He's the man that only I have had the pleasure of truly knowing, and truly loving... He's someone who found joy within life.. He found excitement within the small things I loved.. He was someone who was a giant question mark to me, but soon became the entire world... He's the love of my life...

I stand here looking at all of them, and I shake my head, covering my face. I feel more than overwhelmed right now. Every bit of support shown today, and the past month since I made this decision.

"Bring it in..." I hear Mitch speak out, and instantly I'm swarmed. Arms cascade around me, blanketing me from the sun, and all the world around me. This is how it's always been though, even if it wasn't physical, mentally and emotionally this is what they were for me. Every single person surrounding me was my home, my protection.. They are that... Still.

"I love you guys... I love you all so much.." I laugh, but feel tears in my eyes. Tears of joy, and sadness. They hug me for a little while longer, and all break away, saying their individual goodbyes, and I don't take any of them lightly, giving each of them long giant hugs, and goodbyes. I know I'll see all of them again, but who the hell knows when... They all leave, and Harry stands there, his hands in his pockets as he looks at me.

"So.. This is it.." He speaks out, and I nod, stepping towards him.

"This is it.." I agree, standing right in front of him.

"Darling Cherry Summers... It has been incredible living life with you... Falling in love with you... Adventuring with you..." He speaks out, and I smile up at him.

"The pleasure is all mine Harry Edward Styles.." I put my hands behind my back, and he pulls me in. My head presses to his chest, and I hear his heartbeat.. It's beating incredibly fast. "Why is your heart beating so fast Harry Styles?" I ask, keeping my arms locked around him.

"It's trying to catch up to my mind baby.." He speaks the same words to me that he spoke years ago. I smile, and close my eyes, breathing in his scent, feeling the way his arms feel around me for one last time. "Did you ever think this is how we would end Darling?" He asks softly, lacing his hands through my hair as he hugs me.

"Harry..." I pull back, and look up at him. "This is not the end, this is just the beginning... Remember that." I speak the words out, and he looks into my eyes, searching both of them. He moves his hands to my face, and brings my forward, holding my cheeks as he presses his lips to mine so soft it's almost as if they weren't there. He pulls back, and then moves up, kissing my nose too. He keeps hold of my face, and I look up to him, keeping my hands on his chest.

"I love you more than words Darlene Summers..." He speaks out, and I smile up at him. Don't cry....

"I love you... I'll see you later Harry Styles." I smile up at him, and he gives a soft nod, knowing I have to go.

"I'll see you later baby..." He lets go of me, and I take a step back, and then turn around after taking one last look at him. I get inside the car, and look over at Zeppelin and Blue in their crates, knowing just how happy Bowie would be for me right now too. I take one last look in my mirror, seeing Harry standing there with his hands in his pockets looking at me.

"I love you..." He mouths the words, and I smile, doing the exact same back to him before starting my car, and driving away from his home... What once was my home too.. But the place wasn't what made it that, he did... I drive away from the familiar house, the familiar street, and the familiar city... The city I've known since I was eighteen. I drive away, and drive towards a new beginning...

I've driven for around an hour... an hour of driving, and my nerves have calmed. My heart has settled. It still stings, knowing what I do now, but I've become more accepting the more I'm in the car. I keep my eyes on the road, listening to my music, and right away my phone rings. I answer using bluetooth.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Darlene Summers..." I hear his voice, and furrow my brows.

"Did I forget something? I can turn back around if I need to-"

"No no... I know we.. I know we agreed on it all on space, and everything, and I know that started the moment you drove away, but I forgot, and this was my last day, my last chance to do it for a long long while, and I told myself not to forget and I did so.. So I have to make sure I ask.. Just one last time.." He speaks breathlessly, almost like he ran to his phone to call me.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Darlene Summers... What's your favorite color today?"

THE END.

—————————————————

Song: Fine Line By Harry Styles, and Darlene Summers.

We made it.... We fucking made it, and I'm so proud... Proud of myself and all of you. I've said it a thousand times thank you... Thank you for reading, and giving me advice and keeping me sane during these times. Thank you for reading, and loving my characters just as much as I do..

I appreciate every single one of you so much.

I know all of us resonate with these characters, sometimes so much that it's hard to put into words. I've never in my life connected this much to a story I've written. Seeing you guys, an entire army of people who adore my characters, and my stories you really don't understand how good it feels.. I know I've said it before but this was the last thing I expected... I wrote Cherry as a fun story, and it soon turned into so much more when it started growing, and my characters grew, and I got new ideas and inspiration... Seriously.. Thank you a thousand times over... I love you!!!

*virtual hugs x10000*

If you decide to post a Tik Tok about the final chapter please use the hashtag #cherryfinalchapter so I can see it!

If you post on your instagram story please tag me! @emmacantrelll on insta!!

CHECK OUT CHERRY:THE VAULT!!! It's not a second book but something really special! If you're not ready to give this story up yet go ahead and take a look!

and last bit of information... This is not the end... THERE WILL BE THREE EPILOGUE CHAPTERS COMING SOON. PLEASE KEEP A LOOK OUT FOR THOSE!!!!

MY FIRST CHAPTER OF MY NEW STORY ROOTS COMES OUT TOMORROW! AUGUST 28TH! I CAN'T WAIT TO JOIN ALL OF YOU FOR ANOTHER JOURNEY!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

991 43 1
ONE SHOT - An idea slowly developed from the lyrics for She: He has a vivid imagination - she bought the house next door. But when his thoughts bring...
267K 4.1K 30
A girl who felt she was invisible to the whole world. Calls her self Ms. Invisibility. She's pretty. She loves music. She knows One direction. But wh...
321K 4.4K 39
in which a one night stand with Harry Styles will bound the two of them forever REWRITING/CORRECTING THE START
15.5K 265 55
Shine, step into the light. So bright sometimes, but he won't let her go back. *the beginning is a bit rough since I had never written anything befor...