Dance, Dance, Drama?

Per Angel_love_vibes

After losing Nationals, Abby decides that her team needs a bit of pressure put on them: Amelia and Max. Two b... Més

C a s t ( s o r t a ? ? )
E p i s o d e 1
F i r s t D a y
F i r s t P y r a m i d M a y b e ?
M a m a D r a m a
F a m i l y T a l k s ( a n d M a x )
A w k w a r d I n t r o d u c t i o n s
D o Y o u T r u s t M e ?
E p i s o d e 2
W e E a r n T h i n g s !
Y o u J u s t W a n t A t t e n t i o n
S t u c k I n M o m m y J a i l
C h a n g e I n P l a n s
P a t h e t i c
I n T h e W i n g s
E p i s o d e 3
A b b y T a l k i n g T i m e
A b b y K n o w s B e s t
L a s t M i n u t e
G u e s s W h o ' s B a c k ?
G e t O u t !
E p i s o d e 4
S u r p r i s e V i s i t o r
L e t ' s D u e t
F i g h t ! F i g h t ! F i g h t !
T e n s i o n s R i s e
C a t h y I s C r a z y
E p i s o d e 5
B . S
H e r e F o r T h e D r a m a
O n e - T r i c k P o n y
P a r t n e r P r o b l e m s
I t ' s B r i t n e y
E p i s o d e 6
L e t ' s G e t S t a r t e d
W o r k i n g T o g e t h e r

C o m p e t i t i o n C r a z i e s

5.9K 75 52
Per Angel_love_vibes

The five hour long bus ride had gone pretty smoothly. Well, if smoothly meant Abby yelling at the bus driver, GiaNina, Lilli and Pressley 'singing' Justin Bieber, Max and Hannah doing their schoolwork whilst one of them was giggling (I'll give you a hint: it wasn't Hannah), Amelia reading a book and Brady kind of staring, at everybody. It was only a little creepy to Max and Amelia. When they finally arrived at the competition they snuck through the back as to not be bombarded with fans and you know, keep Max and Amelia a little bit of a secret. They were sort of prepared for the duet, but Amelia was freaking out about the group dance, and it was starting to freak out Max. 

|| I'm majorly freaking out! I mean, at least two of these women want me to screw up and Abby wants me to be perfect, and it's a lot to process || - Amelia Hatchet

|| I can see Amelia stressing so I pull her to the side to give her a pep talk because I need this child to preform well to shut these mothers up! || - Abby Lee Miller

Someone however was enjoying the minor freak out Amelia was having. And that someone was Joanne. Of course it was. So she was having a fun time getting into Sandy' head, much to almost everyone's displeasure. "Is she okay? Does she need someone to fill in for her? You know for the group? This can be a very stressful situation." The way she said it was sweet, too sweet, "Especially for someone so fragile, like if she was dropped she would... break," Now that was still said in a sugary voice but there was an underlying threat that shone through, a threat that would not only lose them the competition but would get Abby to hate Amelia. Or so Joanne thought. 

The other mothers in the room stopped, flabbergasted, sure they were mean (and bitchy), but they would never want a child hurt, that crossed about a hundred and one lines.

|| You know, at first I didn't care that this mother didn't like my kid, but she just crossed a line, majorly! || - Sandy Hatchet

|| I don't like that kid anymore than the next person, but really Joanne? Do you want to be kicked off the team || - Stacey Ketchman

||I'm trying to calm a child down and Joanne decides that now was the best time to run her big, fat mouth? Not in my studio! || - Abby Lee Miller

|| My mom says stuff like that all the time! I don't get why everyone's making a big deal out of it? She said this kind of stuff last season! || - GiaNina Paolantonio

"Excuse me?" Sandy wasn't yelling, no it would be less scary if she was yelling but she was calm. The kind of calm before a storm. And boy, what a storm this would be! "What did you just say?" She then proceed to turn to Joanne, her face like stone, and blink. Once. Twice. Thrice.

Joanne had the audacity to scoff, as if she didn't just threaten a thirteen year old and spoke very slowly and clearly, "I said, If someone happened to drop Amelia, I think she'd break, I also think it would be her fault, you got that? Or are you deaf and stupid?" It was so condescending that the air shifted entirely, it went from slightly apprehensive to incredibly tense in a matter of seconds.

|| I know the Moms are jealous, but are they really trying to psych out a kid who's panicking and a mother who is worried for her child, low blow!  || - Abby Lee Miller

|| I've never been scared to dance before, but in this moment I don't know if I can go on stage!  || - Amelia Hatchet

It all happened in a matter of moments, one second Joanne and Sandy were daring each other to make the first move, the next Joanne was going crazy yelling, not just at Sandy but the other mothers as well. It was terrifying, and the children were rushed out of the room. 

It took five whole minutes to calm down Joanne. That was five minutes that Amelia and Max couldn't use getting dressed. Or getting critiqued by Abby. They spent that five minutes stressed, worried, burdened. So when she calmed down they rushed back into the dressing room, running through the moves in their heads, praying to whatever God that they wouldn't fail and prove Joanne right.

|| Normally, I don't care if Max and Amelia win or lose, but today I want them to crush the competition so I can rub Joanne's nose in it! || - Sandy Hatchet

Amelia immediately rushed into the changing room with her costume, it was a gorgeous red wine coloured  two piece that looked as if it didn't have straps. She felt fat in it though. Like this material didn't belong on her body, yet she put on her brave face and walked out so the moms could see.

It looked expensive and well designed and the mothers loved it. They didn't even notice Max walk into the room in his button up that was the same colour because they were so enthralled by Amelia and her costume, thankfully Abby was there to snap the out of their daze. "C'mon, ten minutes until these kids are on! I want to see it once full out, got it?" It shocked everyone to see her not yelling at the kids like normal, but rather talking to them like she cared about them. 

As Amelia and Max left the dressing room to go to the wings they saw their 'teammates' just kind of sitting there, not attempting to move to watch them go out and dance. They both thought that it wouldn't hurt because it was always like that at their old studio, but for some reason it cut deeper, they felt like they had found a place that they belonged and having the people there not accept them was a blow. That was until Brady stood up and followed them out, calling for them to stop.

|| When I see Brady run after Max and Amelia that's a sign that I raised him right, because every other kid just sat there and stretched || - Tricia Farrar

In the wings Max and Amelia were just giving each other positive affirmations and it was then that Brady saw how close those two were so he decided he wanted to be apart of something like that, he could see the trust in both of their eyes and he knew that he didn't have that, so maybe this would be the start. He joined their little group and continued to pump them up and somehow it ended up in a group hug (but if you asked any of them, they would deny it). 

"This is act number 22, 'Trust' !" Just as the announcer called it out the smiles left their faces and they walked onto the stage.

                                                                (start at 0:18)

As they walked off stage hand in hand it was as if the weight of the world was lifted off their shoulders, and the cherry on top of their performance was they saw Abby clap, over her head and smile! 

Once they were out of sight of the audience they hugged and were whispering to each other (and Brady) about how they thought they went, the smiles on their faces couldn't be wiped off. That was until, Amelia looked around an saw that none of the girls had shown up even though all of the moms had. As soon as the boys saw the saw the smile leave Amelia's lips they looked and saw the same thing she did and it hurt. It hurt a lot. It was also in that moment that Brady decided he didn't like it very much when Amelia wasn't happy. 

Entering the dressing room was a strange feeling for the two newcomers because they knew what to expect at their old studio. They would walk in, none of the moms or kids would look them in the eyes and then they'd be told that they sucked and to get ready for the group dance. But for some reason it felt like that wouldn't be the case this time. They walked in, the moms and Abby applauded their performance saying, "It was the one of the best duets she had ever put on stage!", and then someone else got berated. The other girls. Abby was not happy with the levels of disrespect the children had shown towards the new kids and wanted to set them straight. So she did.

"Girls! When a member of our group goes onstage to preform do we watch?" Now seeing as this was a rhetorical question none of the mothers felt inclined to answer, but someone did.

"Well, seeing as they're not members of the team, no!" Lilli had been awfully quiet about her thoughts about new team members but she burst in that moment. She didn't like how they were constantly praised, she didn't like how they were given everything and she didn't like the fact that they didn't try to branch out to their new, (unwelcoming) teammates! Was that so wrong? 

|| I just don't like that Max an Amelia have been given everything, when everyone else works hard and had to audition! || - Lilliana Ketchman

|| Most kids don't like it when new kids come onto to team because a team is a well oiled machine, I just never expected Lilli to say it out loud! || - Stacey Ketchman

|| I don't care if the girls or the moms don't like the new kids! I like them so they are staying! So they can get over themselves because last time I checked it was the ABBY LEE DANCE COMPANY! || - Abby Lee Miller

"See that's exactly what I don't want to here! I like them, they are beautiful dancers and they know when to not speak," She sent a pointed to both Lilli and GiaNina, "so if you don't want to support them get out! Because they are now part of the family!" She spoke with such a tone everyone knew not to argue. "Are you just gonna stand their or are you getting ready for the group?" With that they all raced to get ready.

Whilst all the girls wore different costumes, they looked equally pretty yet dangerous. Amelia's baby pink dress seemed to make her walk differently, more delicately. She loved it, the colour, the fit, flowers, it made her feel pretty. It had been a while since she felt that in a dance costume.

The other girls felt dangerous in their black and white attire, it was fitted properly and they felt ready to dance. Though standing next to Amelia really made them feel inadequate. No matter what they did because of the stark contrast of costumes, all eyes would be on Amelia, again.

Now some of the mothers started to complain about the costumes as they felt they reveled too much for literal children but Abby shut them up with a single withering stare. None of the mothers were willing to really push and argue after they had seen the verbal smack down Abby had just given the girls. As the girls (and Brady) ran through the dance before they headed out, you could see eye rolls all around the room, going from mother to child, like a virus. When Abby called for them to leave she pulled Amelia off to the side to speak to her, "You go out on that stage and you kill it, you won't have to worry about these mothers, okay? You've got this!" This as probably the most inspirational speech she had given since Maddie was around ten, so it felt old and dusted but Abby felt that Amelia needed to hear it.

The kids in the group dance (plus Max), made their way backstage at almost a staggered pace, Abby's Dancers then Brady and the new kids, they weren't a team, and the other girls thought they knew why. So they spent the walk whispering to each other about how 'the new kids had stolen Brady and without him they weren't a team', and it looked incredibly conspicuous to the kids behind them. So Max pulled the other boy off to the side a little to make sure he knew to keep his best friend safe on that stage. But in the end Amelia felt more alone than ever. Which she wasn't.

In the wings right before they went Brady went to say something inspiration and uplifting but Gia beat him, "Guys we got this! We need to show Abby that we don't need new team members and that we're winners on our own, got it? Hands in team!"  The way she emphasized the word team, it was pretty obvious that it meant everyone bar Amelia, so Max pulled her into his side and gave her one of the famous Fevoro Hugs and the world didn't see any better but in that moment it was brighter.

They all lined up waiting for their number to be called, "Next up we have number 93, 'To This Day'!" They made their way into their first positions waiting for the first note of the music to play.

|| I am  going to throw up! || - Amelia Hatchet

|| This isn't just about the kids anymore, I'm sick of putting someones ungrateful child before me so this season is about MY legacy! || - Abby Lee Miller

                                      (Starts at 0: 15 ends at 3:13) 

Walking off the stage the group could hear a pin drop. And they loved it! More like, Abby would love it! While Gia struggled with moving the chair, in the grand scheme of things it didn't really matter because they just killed their first performance and were ready to be praised.  

When Abby rolled into the dressing room, everyone held their breath, eager to hear her opinion. Her face was impassive and everyone thought she was going to suddenly change her expression to one of ecstasy but all they got was a disinterested, "Meh?" They were all silently flabbergasted waiting her explanation, "Amelia, you were gorgeous! I felt your pain, I loved it! Brady, I feel like we're really breaking through with those emotions, good job! But Gia, what was the with that chair? I taught you better than that! Everyone else was kinda bleh!" All the moms turned to each other confused, well except for Joanne, she looked plain old pissed.

"The chair was nothing! My Gia was the best on that stage! She was angry and had perfect technique, you just don't like me so you're taking it out on her!" Sandy rolled her eyes, of course Joanne thought GiaNina was the best.

|| Joanne lives in her own little world, thinking that her little Gia is the best dancer in the world! GiaNina isn't going to get better if Joanne doesn't let her listen and accept her critiques! || - Sandy Hatchet 

"No, you know what! I'm not dealing with this I'll see you on the bus!" And with that Abby rolled out of the room, like a boss. Sandy wanted to clap because that was impressive, Joanne was loud and obnoxious and it took a lot to shut her up and Abby did it like it was nothing!

Abby didn't show up for Awards and while Max and Amelia were a little upset they were used to dance teachers just not turning up for competitions so it was easier to accept for them. The rest of the team were shattered! How dare Abby not show up for Awards!

|| I get that right now Abby is upset with Joanne, but punishing the rest of the girls is not okay, they deserved to have their dance teacher watch them || - Michelle Georgiana

 They had sped through the solos, the team not really paying attention, but when Teen Duet/Trio was called all eyes were on the two new kids. "The next award is for Teen Duet/Trio, and we have the top five placements! Okay in fifth place we have act number 35, 'Romeo plus Juliet', with a score of 267," Amelia and Max clutched each others hands, knowing that if they didn't win they might not be at the studio to see the next pyramid, "In fourth place we have act number 44, 'Who Runs the World?' scoring 279.5," Brady, who was sitting next to Amelia, grabbed onto her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze, "Next, in third place act number 23 'Time'," Three girls stood up to collect their trophy, "Now in second place act number," Max and Amelia held on to each other with their eyes tightly shut, "52 'From Me to You' with 286.5 points," At this point Max and Amelia let go of each others hands, knowing that they didn't win, "And the best Teen Duo/Trio goes to act number 22," Max eyes went wide with shock and Amelia hadn't fully registered the information, "that was 'Trust' from the Abby Lee Dance Company, who scored a whooping 296! Please come up!" Max basically dragged Amelia up to get the award.

|| WE WON! ||  - Amelia Hatchet

|| They fricken won, suck it Joanne! || - Sandy Hatchet

|| When Amelia and Max are called up for winning, I wasn't surprised, I saw them dance! They were epic! || - Brady Farrar

|| It's just an eye roll, my dog could dance better than those two || - Joanne Paolantonio

The 'team' huddled together knowing that the Junior Group was coming up and they were right. The announcer spent a few moments hyping up the crowd then started to announce the next category, "Now we have top five Junior Groups starting with act number 121 'Party Rockers', next we have number 67 'The Final Countdown'," The team held hands as a boy went up to collect his fourth place trophy, "In third place with a score of 189.5 is act number 97 'God is a Woman', now in second place is number 107 'Ghouls' with a score of 218," By now Amelia was sure that Sarah who was sitting next her had cut off the circulation in her hands. She could also feel Gia's glare ready to blame it on her if they lost, "And in first place with a score of 231 is act number 93, The Abby Lee Dance Company with 'To This Day'! Come on up guys!" The team rushed up to collect their award and stood up there smiling for a while getting picture done. 

|| Does this show Abby that our kids don't need new dancers? No! Because she wasn't even there! || - Stacey Ketchman

|| I'm really happy we won, but I wish someone that who is actually on our team was the lead in the group || - Lilliana Ketchman

As they were walking out to the bus Brady jogged to catch up to Amelia and asked if she wanted to sit next to him on the bus ride home. She looked to Max, as if to ask permission, who gave a nod of the head. Max was proud that Amelia had made another friend because he knew how hard it was for her to do so, but he still didn't fully trust him, he was just too nice. No one was that nice without a reason, he had learnt that the hard way. Somehow on the ride home Amelia, who could never sleep in car trips or bus rides, had fallen asleep on Brady' shoulder. For some reason it ticked Max off, in some deep emotional way that he didn't fully understand.

|| Fingers crossed for pyramid || - Sarah Georgiana

What's up! So it took a while to get out but I quite like this chapter, and the length amazes me! So that was first competition, how'd you like it? Do you agree with the judges? Until next time remember to:

Vote

Comment

And follow!

Peace Out Girl (and other) Scouts! 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

11.5K 161 104
***MATURE WARNING*** "The hunger is good. You had too many calories already. You're already fat." "They'll love you even more when you're skinny. You...
136K 2.6K 42
Sequel to ALDC Transformed. Where will Katie go now...? How will she continue...? People may not be as they seem. DO NOT COPY MY BOOK - COPYRIGHT ALL...
236K 3.5K 149
McKayla Ziegler born September 30th twin sister to Maddie and older sister to Mackenzie grew up dancing at the Abby Lee Dance Company, when an excit...
5.5K 143 23
*FORMERLY DANCE BROTHERS* When Kendall's adopted brother comes to live with her and Jill in LA, everyone's lives change. New friends are made. Old ri...